PDA

View Full Version : Zane Beadles (@zanebeadles) helping in the fight against cancer with his cakes for cancer program

Tned
09-22-2011, 07:35 AM
I heard Zane Beadles talking about this on KOA last night. He's started a program called Cakes for Cancer to help support Brent's Place.

Brent's Place is a housing facility where kids with compromised immune systems from their fight with cancer can stay in a clean, safe environment. Both the children fighting cancer and their families can stay at Brent's Place, which is located near some Denver area hospitals.

Cakes for Cancer is a fund raiser where Zane will give Brent's Place $250 for every pancake block that any Broncos offensive linemen have this season. A pancake block is where an offensive lineman knocks a defender flat on his back and then falls on top of him.

In addition to the money that Zane is donating with the program, they have a number of options for sponsoring the program, with the highest level sponsoring including a visit from Zane.

However, you don't have to sponsor the program to help, you can donate $5, $10, $25, $50 or more. Any amount will help support the program. Even if you can't help with financial support, you can help by getting the word out to your friends or place of work.

You can find more information about Brent's Place and Zane's Cake for Cancer program at http://brentsplace.org/cakesforcancer

I'll post updates on the program throughout the season, including the number of pancake blocks each week, or you can follow Zane on Twitter to get updates. Follow him at @zanebeadles.

UPDATE: Zane Beadles posted this update on 9/27

RT @zanebeadles Add 2 pancakes to the total for #CakesForCancer benefitting @BrentsPlaceCO bringing the total on the season to 6! That's $1500 folks!!

UPDATE: Zane Beadles posted this update on 10/25

RT @zanebeadles: New #CakesForCancer update. 2 pancakes this week makes 12 for the year and $3000 pledged to @BrentsPlaceCO #broncos

chazoe60
09-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Nice job Mr. Beadles.

At first I thought it was going to be some sort of programs that sponsors the fight against cancer but promoted tooth decay. :laugh: Different kimd of cake.

SOCALORADO.
09-22-2011, 08:45 AM
I wish Zane Beadles would help in the fight against the opposing teams defensive line.

glad he is helping fight cancer though.

Tned
09-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Nice job Mr. Beadles.

At first I thought it was going to be some sort of programs that sponsors the fight against cancer but promoted tooth decay. :laugh: Different kimd of cake.

Yea, when I heard the name last week, I figured they were doing bake sales, or working with some company like Hostess or something.

broncofaninfla
09-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Great cause but doesn't change my opinion of his play at all. He and Walton are currently the weakest links on the OL....

GEM
09-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Nice job, Beadles.

Now please, let others do the work and work on your job....cause currently, you suck at it. Kthxbai.

dogfish
09-22-2011, 12:29 PM
awesome cause-- at least he's making himself good for something. . . .

Tned
09-22-2011, 12:41 PM
You guys are brutal...

dogfish
09-22-2011, 12:56 PM
You guys are brutal...

the hyena pack is unforgiving when we haven't been over .500 in years. . . . :lol:

FWIW, it's nothing personal against beadles. . . he seems like a decent guy, and he's always played hard. . . i just think he's physically overmatched at this level, and should be a backup. . . he should have been drafted in the fourth round as a bench player-- it's not his fault mcdumbass took him high second. . . but the next time the guy blows open a big hole will be about the first, and that's obviously not what we're accustomed to from our interior OLs. . .

this inability to run the ball is some bullshit-- zane needs to step up if he's going to avoid the criticism. . .

doesn't take anything away from what he's doing for this cause, though. . . .

Tned
09-28-2011, 08:09 PM
UPDATE: Zane Beadles posted this update on 9/27

RT @zanebeadles Add 2 pancakes to the total for #CakesForCancer benefitting @BrentsPlaceCO bringing the total on the season to 6! That's $1500 folks!!

dogfish
09-28-2011, 08:41 PM
man, i sure wish zane was giving more money to cancer. . . .

:D

Tned
10-25-2011, 11:13 PM
UPDATE: Zane Beadles posted this update on 10/25

RT @zanebeadles: New #CakesForCancer update. 2 pancakes this week makes 12 for the year and $3000 pledged to @BrentsPlaceCO #broncos

G_Money
10-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Does he lose money for the times he gets thrown back at Tebow like a lawn dart, or do those not count?

~G