PDA

View Full Version : Some Middle School Fun

CoachChaz
09-21-2011, 02:49 PM
My 12 year old twin boys are studs on their 7th grade football team. They are bookend DE's and LG and LT...one is also the kicker and the other is the punter.

Thought I'd post a "not very high quality" YouTube clip of their recent game. #98 and #99 are Coach's Crew. Aside from a few big hits in the backfield, my #98 also took a strip for a TD, kicked an extra point (rare for this age) and had some runs at FB at the end of the game.

Not the most exciting footage, but entertaining...to me at least. And actually somewhat impressive for a team of 12 and 13 year old 7th graders. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVBSPBFhqNk&feature=share
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVBSPBFhqNk&feature=share

Slick
09-21-2011, 03:12 PM
This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that.

The message I got trying to watch the Lakeview highlights. That sucks. I did get to see the Robinson highlights.

Good luck against Killian.

CoachChaz
09-21-2011, 03:17 PM
The message I got trying to watch the Lakeview highlights. That sucks. I did get to see the Robinson highlights.

Good luck against Killian.

The Lakeview highlights are good too. That's the rival school. Both schools feed into the local high school.

Interesting that you cant watch it. My friend posts them, so I have no clue what happens

Slick
09-21-2011, 03:20 PM
The Lakeview highlights are good too. That's the rival school. Both schools feed into the local high school.

Interesting that you cant watch it. My friend posts them, so I have no clue what happens

It might be a music copyright deal. It happens from time to time on youtube because of my ip address coming from mexico.

The boys look great Coach. They manhandled Robinson.

CoachChaz
09-21-2011, 03:29 PM
It might be a music copyright deal. It happens from time to time on youtube because of my ip address coming from mexico.

The boys look great Coach. They manhandled Robinson.

Yeah, the best part about it is the coach getting in my one kids ass (98) after the game. He played a great game, but when he ran the ball he wasnt protecting it and there were a few defensive plays where he just assumed the other player would make the tackle. In other plays at FB, he missed blocks. Coach got onto him for all of it regardless of how well he played. I like that.

The other boy (99) played well too, but he's less of a skill guy. he could be an awesome TE with his hands, but they need the size on the line right now.

Nomad
09-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Cool stuff! Your boys look solid.

My 8th grade son will miss his last game Saturday due to a mild concussion. He ran the ball last Saturday (coach converted him from WO to RB) at least 25 times and just one too many big blows from those DEs/LBs.....there was no blocking and he was getting blown up. Needless to say, I wasn't pleased with the coaching and let him know.

I hate when coaches are too prideful to change/adjust their scheme/gameplan when it's not working.

Anyway, good luck to your sons! Our season is almost over already.....my freshman has a game tomorrow and next Wed then it's over for the year.

CoachChaz
09-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Cool stuff! Your boys look solid.

My 8th grade son will miss his last game Saturday due to a mild concussion. He ran the ball last Saturday (coach converted him from WO to RB) at least 25 times and just one too many big blows from those DEs/LBs.....there was no blocking and he was getting blown up. Needless to say, I wasn't pleased with the coaching and let him know.

I hate when coaches are too prideful to change/adjust their scheme/gameplan when it's not working.

Anyway, good luck to your sons! Our season is almost over already.....my freshman has a game tomorrow and next Wed then it's over for the year.

That's an early end to seasons. My twins play until 10/31 and my junior plays until early November.

Sucks about your boy's concussion. My oldest took out the QB in his game last week by giving him a concussion. Probably should have been an illegal helmet to helmet hit...unintentionally...but they didnt call it. Worked against them anyway. The back-up came in and ran all over them

Nomad
09-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Yeah, there games started middle of Aug and they have an 8 regular season game schedules here.....playoffs go into middle of Oct which that's only varsity. Termination dust on the mtn tops means snow will fly right around the corner.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-21-2011, 11:19 PM
You've got some big athletic boys there dude!

My son is now the QB and DE for Meridian Middle School here in Meridian, Idaho. He's so excited because all through optimist he would get put at OT or TE due to his size, but he's extremely athletic. He's one of the fastest kids on the team and he's really big. He's 5'11.5" and about 158. He's also got a gun for a 14 year old kid. He can already throw the ball over 50 yards.

Sorry, I don't mean to sidetrack you thread. It was just a really exciting day today. I wish I had something to video with. My boy had a great game today. He ran for over 70 yards on 9 or 10 carries. He also completed 5 or 6 passes (they don't throw much), but the kicker was the end of the game:

The game was tied with about 2 minutes left, and the other team was on our 10 yard line. They tried a screen pass on my son's side, and he read the play, stepped back and picked off the pass. Then about a minute later around the fifty yard line he dove over a kid for a first down (scared me a bit). Finally, with about 17 seconds left he threw a 40 yard fly pattern down the sideline for a TD. I'm still amped up!!! :D