PDA

View Full Version : Early ROY candidates....

silkamilkamonico
09-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Offense -

Cam Newton

Defense -

Ryan Kerrigan

Both players IMHO have a significant jump start on their competition, are the most impactful rookies thus far, and look to be the best out of the bunch.

Still early, but any other names comes to mind?

Slick
09-21-2011, 01:32 PM
AJ Green and Julio Jones have a shot.

I'd love to say Von Miller but without Dumervil on the other side his chances go way down.

silkamilkamonico
09-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Von Miller I think would have to rack up the sack numbers to be considered because right now that's all he is. Kerrigan is doing everything in Washington. I think PPeterson should have some low consideration and will be in the run as the season goes on.

I think Green has an edge on Jones, Jones has had a few too many drops. Cobb possibly but I think his chances decrease as the season goes on.

SpringsBroncoFan
09-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Kerrigan, Miller, & Sheard all have the same stats... 8 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble

JJ Watt (9 tackles) & Casey Matthews (11 tackles)

Quinn has great impact although only 2 tackles & 1 sack

But are any of them playing any better than Dareus who only has 6 tackles???

Northman
09-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Yea, cant really argue with that Silk, Kerrigan is tearing it up in Wash.

Northman
09-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Kerrigan, Miller, & Sheard all have the same stats... 8 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble

Kerrigan also has an INT for a TD.

BroncoStud
09-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Newton has thrown for almost 900 yards in 2 starts... That's pretty damn impressive despite the Ints. He's a lot better than I thought he would be and should only get better. Kind of ironic that the Panthers get rid of Fox and their offense AND defense gets better...

:elefant:

Ravage!!!
09-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Newton has thrown for almost 900 yards in 2 starts... That's pretty damn impressive despite the Ints. He's a lot better than I thought he would be and should only get better. Kind of ironic that the Panthers get rid of Fox and their offense AND defense gets better...

:elefant:

thats what happens when you get a good QB throwing the ball.

SpringsBroncoFan
09-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Kerrigan also has an INT for a TD.

Guess I'm dyslexic... 1 int instead of 1 forced fumble... :ahhhhh:

BroncoWave
09-21-2011, 02:49 PM

Exactly. A good QB (See: Manning, Peyton) can make a mediocre coach look great.

Ravage!!!
09-21-2011, 02:54 PM

Absolutely, and can make a bad coach look good as well!

There are reasons that Belicheck, a great coach, wasn't winning before Brady. There are reasons that Walsh never won without Montana, and Noll never won without Bradshaw.

Which is the reason I always laugh when someone tries to tell me that Dungy is a HoF coach.

Slick
09-21-2011, 02:56 PM
The Panthers are still 0 and 2.

silkamilkamonico
09-21-2011, 03:09 PM

Kerrigan has an INT for TD like Northman said, along with 3 pass deflections as well. The guy is doing everything in Washington, and he's playing a position he switched from college.

SpringsBroncoFan
09-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Kerrigan has an INT for TD like Northman said, along with 3 pass deflections as well. The guy is doing everything in Washington, and he's playing a position he switched from college.

I can't argue with you guys as I haven't watched Kerrigan...

Dareus is dominating for the Bills too. I would have thought Dareus would get more love from fans here...

BigDaddyBronco
09-21-2011, 04:05 PM
I can't argue with you guys as I haven't watched Kerrigan...

Dareus is dominating for the Bills too. I would have thought Dareus would get more love from fans here...

I love Dareus, but he isn't a dominating pass rusher like Suh yet, so he will not get looked at for ROY.

Ravage!!!
09-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Going to be hard to beat Newton for OROY

Juriga72
09-21-2011, 05:05 PM
The Panthers are still 0 and 2.
Even Cam Newton makes Orton look bad....losing

MileHiLife
09-21-2011, 07:19 PM
If only we could conorsider this Eric Decker's rookie year...

BroncoBJ
09-21-2011, 07:53 PM

Well we have a good QB on the bench. :lol:

But yea, I've never been a huge fan of Dungy either. And Caldwell imo is a joke. Dungy at least did stuff with 2 different teams. Great defense on 1 and great QB on the other.

But Caldwell reminds me a lot of Romeo Crennell or Art Shell. All have that dumb look on thier face just sitting on the sidelines.

BroncoWave
09-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Well we have a good QB on the bench. :lol:

But yea, I've never been a huge fan of Dungy either. And Caldwell imo is a joke. Dungy at least did stuff with 2 different teams. Great defense on 1 and great QB on the other.

But Caldwell reminds me a lot of Romeo Crennell or Art Shell. All have that dumb look on thier face just sitting on the sidelines.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh5wy5mkLl1qbqqbp.gif

;)

Dzone
09-21-2011, 11:57 PM
Anyone take Cam Newton over Tim Tebow?

Poet
09-22-2011, 02:16 AM
Absolutely, and can make a bad coach look good as well!

There are reasons that Belicheck, a great coach, wasn't winning before Brady. There are reasons that Walsh never won without Montana, and Noll never won without Bradshaw.

Which is the reason I always laugh when someone tries to tell me that Dungy is a HoF coach.

He took an awful Tampa Franchise and made it amazing. They prematurely give him the boot and in the year it all gels they win a SB. Years later when most of Dungy's boys are gone Chucky can't do anything and gets fired because he's garbage.

Meanwhile Dungy's Colts are tearing it up year after year after year.

He's going into the Hall of Fame and that's where he belongs.

The Glue Factory
09-22-2011, 08:54 AM
He took an awful Tampa Franchise and made it amazing. They prematurely give him the boot and in the year it all gels they win a SB. Years later when most of Dungy's boys are gone Chucky can't do anything and gets fired because he's garbage.

Meanwhile Dungy's Colts are tearing it up year after year after year.

He's going into the Hall of Fame and that's where he belongs.

And in that SB Chucky faced the Raiders he built up, so he can't be all that bad either. What have the Raiders done since 1990 when Chucky wasn't there? The Raiders are the poster boy for what happens to an NFL team when you have a revolving door at the HC position. Yet Chucky built something good enough to go the the SB, just like he inherited a team that took him to the SB. Thank God Davis let Gruden go, coz Gruden was doing some really good things in Oakland.

SOCALORADO.
09-22-2011, 09:01 AM

A good Qb can make a mediocre TEAM look great!

The Glue Factory
09-22-2011, 09:38 AM
A good Qb can make a mediocre TEAM look great!

Just look at Elway under Reeves. He literally took the Broncos to those late 80's Super Bowls inspite of Dan (John Fox Sr.) Reeves.

SOCALORADO.
09-22-2011, 10:21 AM
Just look at Elway under Reeves. He literally took the Broncos to those late 80's Super Bowls inspite of Dan (John Fox Sr.) Reeves.

Only 2 players in the history of modern era "team" sports have literally single handedly carried their teams to a championship game or series.
Wilt Chamberlian
John Elway

I give Marino alot of credit for that 84/85 SB run, but he had some seriously good weapons on offense.

BroncoStud
09-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Imagine what a guy like Bill Walsh could have accomplished with Elway... Reeves hurt Denver as much as he helped Denver. Fox is built from the same boring mold.

slim
09-22-2011, 10:30 AM
I love Kerrigan. I was hoping Denver would find a way to pick him up. I'm not sure he fits their scheme, but he is a beast with a great motor....love that guy.

cuzz4169
09-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Sorry guys I live in Buffalo and have watched both of the bills games. I don't see what you guys are seeing in dareus. He's been ok NOT Dominant.

Nomad
09-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Sorry guys I live in Buffalo and have watched both of the bills games. I don't see what you guys are seeing in dareus. He's been ok NOT Dominant.

Yeah, I heard the same thing about Ngata. Dareus has 6 solo tackles this year (4 against Oak and 2 in his first game) and if his average keeps up is on pace for 40-50 tackles. Ngata had 31 tackles his rookie year and 1 sack......5 yrs and 3All-Pro's later, I'd say those folks were wrong . Talk to me in a few years and I may or may not agree!

Granted I really wanted Dareus.....I haven't seen much from Miller though I'm rootin for Miller because he's a BRONCO and to play lights out but the injuries and inept FO (ignoring dline) is keeping him from excelling what he does best and that's give hell to QBs.

Dzone
09-22-2011, 11:56 AM

Right on! I love the Bills...Dareus is going to be damn good. He already has a sack, so hes tied with Von
We will be playing the4 Bills up there, I think on Christmas...we will have a playoff spot secured by then so expect Quinn to get lots of action, while we rest the starters for the playoffs

Nomad
09-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Right on! I love the Bills...Dareus is going to be damn good. He already has a sack, so hes tied with Von
We will be playing the4 Bills up there, I think on Christmas...we will have a playoff spot secured by then so expect Quinn to get lots of action, while we rest the starters for the playoffs

Christmas Eve, dzone! Probably it'll be a snow game. I like your optimism though as far as the BRONCOS go.

BroncoNut
09-22-2011, 12:26 PM
I tell you who I like as ROY is Von Miller.

cuzz4169
09-22-2011, 09:24 PM
A correction to your stats, dareus does not have a sack.

cuzz4169
09-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Miller will have 70+ tackles 10+ sacks. With doom back that will help. We have to keep teams in second or third & long. For him to do what he does best.