PDA

View Full Version : So much for JJ, Broncos sign Cosby, cut Johnson...

HORSEPOWER 56
09-20-2011, 10:49 PM
The Broncos signed FA WR Quan Cosby and to make room they cut Jeremiah Johnson. They also signed some no-name TE to the PS.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=capress-fbn_broncos_moves-8933613

I wonder why they didn't just bring Riley up? :confused: Perhaps he's just not as good as everyone thinks he is... Wouldn't be the first time a preseason hero turned out to be a zero.

BroncoStud
09-20-2011, 10:51 PM
Pretty stupid move at face value, unless JJ is just someone they aren't interested in. Not sure we really needed another TE. WTF, are we going to run 3 TE sets?

Riley is on the practice squad, get his butt to the active roster.

BroncoBJ
09-20-2011, 10:53 PM
I've always liked Quan actually so I'm happy to have him here now. A solid WR imo. :salute:

And can also return kicks for us as well. He may get some nice playing time. :elefant:

Northman
09-20-2011, 10:56 PM
The Broncos signed FA WR Quan Cosby and to make room they cut Jeremiah Johnson. They also signed some no-name TE to the PS.

I wonder why they didn't just bring Riley up? :confused: Perhaps he's just not as good as everyone thinks he is... Wouldn't be the first time a preseason hero turned out to be a zero.

Well, afterall the TD he caught from Tebow the defender fell down..... :laugh:

/sarcasm

Northman
09-20-2011, 10:57 PM
I've always liked Quan actually so I'm happy to have him here now. A solid WR imo. :salute:

And can also return kicks for us as well. He may get some nice playing time. :elefant:

Too small for my liking.

BroncoBJ
09-20-2011, 11:01 PM
Too small for my liking.

Well, hes pretty much the same size as Eddie, and since Eddie is now hurt, it will be just like having another Eddie out there. Maybe slightly smaller :lol:

I like him though. Plus I remember him beating Ohio State, so that makes me like him even more :elefant:

Davii
09-20-2011, 11:09 PM
I guess that means Moreno is good

scott.475
09-20-2011, 11:19 PM
So, will we be able to sign Johnson back to the PS at some point?

GEM
09-20-2011, 11:35 PM
I dont think they can move a player they activated back to the practice squad. My question is whoseyourmama is out there, why not give him a look over some guy i have never heard of. on elway's show he said moreno is safe. said he hopes that moreno watched mcgahee and learned.

Ziggy
09-20-2011, 11:42 PM
JJ would have been eligible to sign back to the practice squad, but the Broncos filled his spot with a TE. I'm guessing that we didn't bring Riley up because this is a temporary move with a WR who will be cut when Royal comes back, and he also gives us a solid kick returner so Decker can stay healthy.

silkamilkamonico
09-21-2011, 12:14 AM
F'n stupid. Start winning football games and people will no longer question.

BroncoBJ
09-21-2011, 12:41 AM
F'n stupid. Start winning football games and people will no longer question.

Maybe the way to win football games is with new players since the ones we have cant win games :lol:

But yea, people will question any move now like they have been for years. Would be nice to win games and have less people question every move. :elefant:

I Eat Staples
09-21-2011, 12:49 AM

I'm with you, I always liked Quan Cosby. He's not going to break out and be a star or anything, but I like the depth he adds.

UnderArmour
09-21-2011, 07:41 AM
Quan was signed so we can get Decker off of Punt Returns. Decker is our new #2 receiver and I think he'll blossom into our #1 ahead of Lloyd before the end of the year. I think normally our emergency punt returner would be Champ Bailey, but he's out. Eddie Royal is out. Thomas is out(I think he's done it before). So it was basically down to Decker or maybe Willis. So now it should be Cosby as our starting punt returner. Another plus is he keeps Tebow to the bench(Or at least as the 5th receiver behind Lloyd, Decker, Willis, Cosby) when the whole world knew Orton was never going to throw him the ball.

TXBRONC
09-21-2011, 08:37 AM

Maybe he just isn't ready. Besides that Cosby is a young veteran with experience.

MileHighCrew
09-21-2011, 08:39 AM
too bad, someone with get a good young RB I would guess

TXBRONC
09-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Pretty stupid move at face value, unless JJ is just someone they aren't interested in. Not sure we really needed another TE. WTF, are we going to run 3 TE sets?

Riley is on the practice squad, get his butt to the active roster.

The tight end in question was put on the practice squad not the active roster.

Northman
09-21-2011, 09:10 AM
on elway's show he said moreno is safe. said he hopes that moreno watched mcgahee and learned.

Indeed. Knowmo needs to quit dancing around in the backfield so much.

Northman
09-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Maybe he just isn't ready. Besides that Cosby is a young veteran with experience.

I guess he doesnt practice very well.

BroncoNut
09-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Damn North, I keep getting you and Gem mixed up. The avy's are so spot on. Anyway, I have never heard of this Crosby or Cosby fellow. what college did he attend. Is he a nice fellow?

Northman
09-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Damn North, I keep getting you and Gem mixed up. The avy's are so spot on. Anyway, I have never heard of this Crosby or Cosby fellow. what college did he attend. Is he a nice fellow?

I believe he was from Texas.

BroncoNut
09-21-2011, 09:21 AM
I believe he was from Texas.

UT or Texas S&M?

TXBRONC
09-21-2011, 09:23 AM
UT or Texas S&M?

UT.

CoachChaz
09-21-2011, 09:44 AM
UT or Texas S&M?

Fightin' words, bro.

dogfish
09-21-2011, 01:56 PM
I dont think they can move a player they activated back to the practice squad. My question is whoseyourmama is out there, why not give him a look over some guy i have never heard of.

because he's a mega-douche who isn't good at football anymore, but still thinks he should be paid and treated like he is. . . no one wants that toxic piece of garbage. . .

also, why bring in more old guys to take reps away from the kids? that's not rebuilding-- that's mike shanahan-style grasping for one more win on a .500 or sub-.500 team. . . nobody likes it, but if you want to actually, honestly rebuild, you have to suck it up and let your young players take their lumps. . .

slim
09-21-2011, 02:00 PM
because he's a mega-douche who isn't good at football anymore, but still thinks he should be paid and treated like he is. . . no one wants that toxic piece of garbage. . .

also, why bring in more old guys to take reps away from the kids? that's not rebuilding-- that's mike shanahan-style grasping for one more win on a .500 or sub-.500 team. . . nobody likes it, but if you want to actually, honestly rebuild, you have to suck it up and let your young players take their lumps. . .

Even at QB!

HORSEPOWER 56
09-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Johnson cleared waivers and was re-signed to the practice squad. Goodwin was waived to make room.

Lancane
09-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Fightin' words, bro.

Now, now...there is nothing wrong with a little Texas S&M! :lol:

Dzone
09-21-2011, 06:55 PM
UT or Texas S&M?
I had a girlfriend in Dallas who liked to dabble in S&M. All the chicks down there seem to be in to it.

:pound:

Dzone
09-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Cosby is 5'9"? Good grief,Another Ricky Nattiel

Lancane
09-21-2011, 07:24 PM
I had a girlfriend in Dallas who liked to dabble in S&M. All the chicks down there seem to be in to it.

:pound:

Only problem is that after awhile them spurs really start to hurt, so Texas S&M is good in moderation!

:laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-22-2011, 11:35 AM
I think this is now an update

PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
RT @Denver_Broncos: The Broncos have signed RB Jeremiah Johnson to the practice squad and have waived WR D’Andre Goodwin from the PS.
19 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/PostBroncos