PDA

View Full Version : How many Pro-Bowlers will the Broncos have?

Requiem / The Dagda
12-12-2008, 11:01 AM
It seems like we have a few shoe-ins with Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall. Champ lead the fan votes, but I'm not sure he deserves to go after missing almost half this season. We know we have a lot of young players coming in and performing at a high level, but will they get the attention they deserve?

How many Broncos get to Hawaii, and if you want to be bold -- who are they?

CrazyHorse
12-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Champ deserves to go.
After all it's not all about perfornance. It's really just a popularity contest.
I bet if Tom Brady was miraculously healed tomorrow he'd get voted to the Probowl.

claymore
12-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Champ deserves to go.
After all it's not all about perfornance. It's really just a popularity contest.
I bet if Tom Brady was miraculously healed tomorrow he'd get voted to the Probowl.

:tsk:

TXBRONC
12-12-2008, 11:15 AM
An argument can be made for Clady, Harris, Royal, Marshall, Cutler. However, because of Denver's inconsistent season I would be surprised if only two out of that bunch made the Pro bowl. On defense had D.J. stayed healthy I think he would have been deserving as well as Champ but beyond those two I don't know.

Flatinum
12-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Based strictly on performance this year :

Marshall, Cutler and Clady all deserve to go to Hawaii.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-12-2008, 11:23 AM
An argument can be made for Clady, Harris, Royal, Marshall, Cutler. However, because of Denver's inconsistent season I would be surprised if only two out of that bunch made the Pro bowl. On defense had D.J. stayed healthy I think he would have been deserving as well as Champ but beyond those two I don't know.

I think you're right on the money -- these are who I would have mentioned -- including the same reserve you had with the inconsistency. If we would have finished say like 14-2 or 13-3; I think we'd see an AFC roster loaded with our guys.

IMHO right now, I think Marshall and Cutler will get it. I think Clady and Harris will get strong consideration; and perhaps Kuper at OG. As much as I'd like to see Eddie get there, I just don't think he does.

I say we'll get five. Just cause I'm going to be a homer on it. :smile:

NightTrainLayne
12-12-2008, 11:25 AM

I agree 100%. However, I also believe that Marshall and Cutler will be the only two to actually get an invite.

BroncoWave
12-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Cutler, Marshall, and Champ will go IMO.

LRtagger
12-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Based on performance, I would be hard pressed to find anyone on our offense (except RBs) that dont deserve consideration. I think Weigs, Clady, and Harris should be shoe-ins. Maybe that is me being a homer, but I feel they have been elite this season. Weigs should make it based solely on his performance in NY.

Obviously Cutler and Marshall should and will go.

Royal deserves consideration, but I dont see how he will make it over the other top WRs in the conference.

If we had started Hillis from day 1 at TB he would be an easy nod to get in even with the recent hammy injury. Maybe next season.

On D, nobody stands out. Champ and DJ would probably be easy ins had they had full seasons. I still think Champ gets in on reputation, but not sure if he will decline to play or not. Champ is a class act and if he feels he doesnt deserve it I fully expect him to step down and let someone else play.

Our best players on D right now are Woodyard and Winborn and no way either of them make it.

With all of that said, I think we will see 3, maybe 4 guys get voted to the team.

broncofaninfla
12-12-2008, 11:44 AM

I totally agree. :beer:

MOtorboat
12-12-2008, 11:50 AM
I'll say four.

Cutler, Marshall and Clady because they deserve it. Champ because of who he is.

I'd like to see Eddie Royal get there, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Northman
12-12-2008, 12:18 PM
It seems like we have a few shoe-ins with Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall. Champ lead the fan votes, but I'm not sure he deserves to go after missing almost half this season. We know we have a lot of young players coming in and performing at a high level, but will they get the attention they deserve?

How many Broncos get to Hawaii, and if you want to be bold -- who are they?

I think four, but i would say Jay, Brandon, Eddie, and Ryan should get the nod. i agree that Champ doesnt deserve to go this year but since its basically popularity he probably will.

SR
12-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Manuel and McCree definitely.

roomemp
12-12-2008, 01:18 PM
I say Maa Tanuvasa gets in for sure this year!!!!!!!!!!

DenBronx
12-12-2008, 01:41 PM
NIKO and NATE!

DenBronx
12-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Clady, Weig, Harris, Cutler, Marshall and Champ will all go.

broncofaninfla
12-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Good call, Weig needs to be there too.

Poet
12-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Cutler and Marshall will go. Champ will get there based off of his name.

I think you will get three on the dot. All of those guys are ^

Lonestar
12-12-2008, 02:41 PM
how many should get nods:

Jay, Marshall, Clady

maybes:

DJ and Champ

long shots:

Harris, Wiegman

should be cut from the team:

webster and all safeties that are not named Barrett

LRtagger
12-12-2008, 03:27 PM
NIKO and NATE!

Niko actually wouldnt be a bad ST selection.

dogfish
12-12-2008, 03:32 PM
cutler, maybe marshall. . . .

drewloc
12-12-2008, 03:47 PM
I voted for 4, I think we know that Cutler and Marshall are locks. Clady deserves a big nod, he is having a better season than Thomas was last year. Now whether he gets the vote remains to be seen. I also think that Weig is playing lights out, as well as Harris. I think Royal may have an outside shot, I think he is deserving, but there has been some stiff competition. My 4 though are Cutler, Marshall, Clady, Weig. Since the others aren't as well known, and Royal has some stiff competition, I don't think they make it. There may be an outside chance for Bailey based on name, but I think the other 2/3 may keep him out. :salute:

Orange Habit
12-12-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm really glad that this Panthers game is the last one before the Pro Bowl voting concludes. If Clady has a huge game against Julius Peppers, it should mean that he locks up a spot.

SR
12-13-2008, 01:43 AM
If Clady can handle Abraham and Porter, he can handle Peppers.

Ziggy
12-13-2008, 09:00 AM
The pro bowl is a joke. Champ will probably go again because of his rep. Cutler and Marshall will go, and that will probably be it. Clady and Harris both deserve to go, but Jake Long and Joe Thomas will get chosen before them, due to popularity and prior draft status.

slim
12-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Cutler and Clady are the most deserving IMO. Marshall and Champ will probably get in.

Lonestar
12-13-2008, 01:45 PM
The pro bowl is a joke. Champ will probably go again because of his rep. Cutler and Marshall will go, and that will probably be it. Clady and Harris both deserve to go, but Jake Long and Joe Thomas will get chosen before them, due to popularity and prior draft status.

Hey it is a great time for all the Superbowl teams end to the big suppliers of talent on the teams.. It is nothing more than an extra payday and vacation for everyone..

Lots of fans can say the same thing about some of their players perhaps excepting loin fans..

Lets not get bitter or crazy about it..

NameUsedBefore
12-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Cutler, Marshall, Bailey.

If it was up to me Clady would be in -- and first string at that.

dbwitadb719
12-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Champ will get just because of the name he has probably. Then you got Cutler and Marshall who both deserve to go. On top of that i really think Ryan Clady deserves a spot after allowing only half a sack so far this year as a rookie, pretty impressive.

Hobe
12-13-2008, 03:47 PM

The only thing that has been consistent in our inconsistent, injury prone season has been Clady and Harris. They have been like the Pilers of Hercules since day one. They probably don't even need to wash Cutler's uniforms between games. However, I think their only chance of making it to the Pro-Bowl is as injury replacements.

Superchop 7
12-13-2008, 06:34 PM
I still want to see what Niko can do at OLB, I see flashes of brilliance, but it sure as hell wasn't from the Mike position.

Nomad
12-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Pro Bowl selection tonight! Watching Mike and Mike at the moment, Denver will be lucky to get two players in their opinion.

Flatinum
12-16-2008, 11:03 AM
If you go by the panel at nfl.com the three most deserving Broncos are going to Hawaii - Cutler, Clady and Marshall.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d80d5a10d&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Flatinum
12-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Pro Bowl selection tonight! Watching Mike and Mike at the moment, Denver will be lucky to get two players in their opinion.

They'll be lucky to have Marshall, Cutler and Clady go to Hawaii? lol

All have been top players at their positons in the AFC.

LRtagger
12-16-2008, 11:09 AM
If you go by the panel at nfl.com the three most deserving Broncos are going to Hawaii - Cutler, Clady and Marshall.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d80d5a10d&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I like the guy that has Ben Roethakaosdfiuheberger as his #1 QB in the AFC :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thnikkaman
12-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Well, we should find out this afternoon.

Traveler
12-16-2008, 11:41 AM
I still want to see what Niko can do at OLB, I see flashes of brilliance, but it sure as hell wasn't from the Mike position.

Flashes of brilliance from NiKo? When?

He was wasted money IMO. Hell, he hasn't even been mentioned on ST.

Nomad
12-16-2008, 11:46 AM
They'll be lucky to have Marshall, Cutler and Clady go to Hawaii? lol

All have been top players at their positons in the AFC.

I would say Clady is the most deserving out of the 3 and the team! I chose 2 BRONCOS going but according to Golic, Rivers deserves to go more than Cutler and Greenburg agreed! And he (Clady)proved it by holding Peppers statless Sunday!

CoachChaz
12-16-2008, 11:53 AM
If Cutler could put back to bacl Pro Bowl worthy perfomances together, I'd vote for him. Just too inconsistent still. Clady would have my vote.

Nomad
02-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Look at all the concerned fans here who were worried about BRONCO players making it to the meaningless game!

It's the PRO BOWL! Who gives a ****!:lol:

NightTrainLayne
02-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Look at all the concerned fans here who were worried about BRONCO players making it to the meaningless game!

It's the PRO BOWL! Who gives a ****!:lol:

I'm not one who has said that the game is meaningless, or that the players don't care about winning it, or performing well. I think that they do care, and do want to perform well.

That being said the outcome of the game is indeed meaningless. It has no impact on anything outside of a bigger pay-check to the winners.

However, the honor and respect and recognition that comes along with being invited to come to the game is far from meaningless.

CoachChaz
02-09-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm not one who has said that the game is meaningless, or that the players don't care about winning it, or performing well. I think that they do care, and do want to perform well.

That being said the outcome of the game is indeed meaningless. It has no impact on anything outside of a bigger pay-check to the winners.

However, the honor and respect and recognition that comes along with being invited to come to the game is far from meaningless.

i would add that there has to be at least a little bit of honor and pride in performing well in front of your peers.

NightTrainLayne
02-09-2009, 01:58 PM
i would add that there has to be at least a little bit of honor and pride in performing well in front of your peers.

Of course.

Lonestar
02-09-2009, 02:01 PM

to bad ours did not..

CoachChaz
02-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Of course.

Our comments alone seem to eliminate the word "meaningless" from the equation

Nomad
02-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Of course.

So it's not meaningless!!! My point is the same people saying 'who cares' are the ones concerned about BRONCO players going and this thread is showing their hypocricy. To the players it means having a good time, playing against the supposedly the best, being competative and showing your talents, making a little extra money (if you win), having a little pride! Do I care who wins, not really, I don't get any money, but I do care that the players I root for every Sunday does there best and plays like an All Star!

So next year, no one will vote BRONCO players to the Pro Bowl, because as some say, 'who cares'!

LRtagger
02-09-2009, 03:29 PM
So it's not meaningless!!! My point is the same people saying 'who cares' are the ones concerned about BRONCO players going and this thread is showing their hypocricy. To the players it means having a good time, playing against the supposedly the best, being competative and showing your talents, making a little extra money (if you win), having a little pride! Do I care who wins, not really, I don't get any money, but I do care that the players I root for every Sunday does there best and plays like an All Star!

So next year, no one will vote BRONCO players to the Pro Bowl, because as some say, 'who cares'!

No.

I think it is an honor to be selected as an elite player in the league. I think it is great that Cutler, Marsh, and Wieggs were recognized by the league and fans...and I still think it sucks that Clady was not honored in the same way.

But I still think the game is meaningless. I expect the players to go out there and play, but I dont expect them to put everything they have into it. As was stated in an article with actual player quotes...the number one objective is to have fun and not get injured.

Sorry if it makes you sad that the players aren't giving their all. The honor is in actually being selected. That is why you see so many players opting out of the actual game. Sure it is disappointing if you don't play well, but its not like these guys put in 60 hours during the week preparing for the game like they would a real game.

None of those guys have any reason to go all out. They aren't at risk of losing their jobs, they arent playing for a championship....$20k is a drop in the bucket to most of them. The ones that decide to actually play in the game just play to enjoy themselves and have a good time. The outcome of the game is meaningless. No I am not a hypocrite for thinking as much.