PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Eddie Royal out at least two weeks

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2011, 03:43 PM
After being forced to play - and somehow win - a game without five starters, John Fox today said he's "very hopeful" at least a couple players will be able to return this week.

The Broncos beat Cincinnati 24-22 on Sunday without their best cornerback, pass rusher, linebacker, wide receiver and starting tailback.

"I'm hoping we don't have to repeat yesterday's depth chart," Fox said.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18929479

Northman
09-19-2011, 03:44 PM
And the good news just keeps coming....

Mike
09-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Sucks for Eddie, but it isn't as if he has been a big part of the offense the last two years.

CoachChaz
09-19-2011, 03:53 PM
Now that he isnt a return man, Eddie is no more than a #4 receiver in terms of skill. I'd rather see Riley out there in the slot.

Not a big loss.

BroncoWave
09-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Agree this isn't a huge loss. I think Lloyd, Decker, and Willis are clearly our 3 best guys now.

SOCALORADO.
09-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Eddie Royal has been "out" since Cutler left.
As Chaz said, no big loss.

BroncoWave
09-19-2011, 04:04 PM
I'd also love to hear from that "Gaffney sucks" crowd right about now. Some people (for whatever reason which I still can't figure out) couldn't wait to get him out of town despite the fact that he filled his WR3 role quite well. He's certainly better than any WR past Lloyd and Decker that we have on our roster now.

girler
09-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Awww, I love Eddie. I hope his growing injury gets better soon. :laugh:

Northman
09-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Awww, I love Eddie. I hope his growing injury gets better soon. :laugh:

Yea, i like him too.

camdisco24
09-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Eddie is one of my favorite players. He's a team guy and loves the Broncos. I hope he can recover quickly and return to his old ways. I miss seeing him get those big plays like he did his rookie year.

BORDERLINE
09-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Shanny used him well, MCdouche din't.

Who should we pick up??

What about TJ housemansadahefwgw8hgrg whatever...

MileHighCrew
09-19-2011, 06:04 PM
get your popcorn ready.............

ok I don't want TO but people would go crazy so it is fun to think about

Bosco
09-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Shanny used him well, MCdouche din't.

That's not true. Both Shanahan and McDaniels used him primarily as a flanker in 2008 and 2009, then Josh moved him into the slot in 2010.

Royal's biggest problems are that he is getting constantly nicked up and that Orton loves to lock onto his primary receiver. If both of those situations ever get remedied, I imagine he'll be a very productive receiver.

dogfish
09-19-2011, 06:17 PM
I'd also love to hear from that "Gaffney sucks" crowd right about now. Some people (for whatever reason which I still can't figure out) couldn't wait to get him out of town despite the fact that he filled his WR3 role quite well. He's certainly better than any WR past Lloyd and Decker that we have on our roster now.

i wasn't in that crowd, but realistically we're better off getting snaps to someone like matt willis or eron riley anyway. . . that's the only way rebuilding actually happens-- you can't do it with aging vets. . . nobody likes losing, but patching holes with vets like gaff is just postponing the inevitable. . . we're not going anywhere until we get a QB in place anyway, may as well use the time to evaluate some other spots. . .

BroncoWave
09-19-2011, 06:17 PM
get your popcorn ready.............

ok I don't want TO but people would go crazy so it is fun to think about

I was hugely in favor of us bringing him in several years ago when it was between us and Dallas. Watching him play last year he still has some left but it all depends on how he heals from this injury. If he can fully recover, I wouldn't be against us bringing him in. I think all of that "he blows up locker rooms" stuff is overblown at this point. He was pretty tame in Buffalo and Cincinnati.

BroncoWave
09-19-2011, 06:20 PM
i wasn't in that crowd, but realistically we're better off getting snaps to someone like matt willis or eron riley anyway. . . that's the only way rebuilding actually happens-- you can't do it with aging vets. . . nobody likes losing, but patching holes with vets like gaff is just postponing the inevitable. . . we're not going anywhere until we get a QB in place anyway, may as well use the time to evaluate some other spots. . .

Fair enough, but having vets like Gaffney around is good for the young guys as well. Given what we got in exchange for him, I think we would have still been better off with Gaff. You could still keep Willis as a 5th WR and Riley on the PS and get them a little experience.

TXBRONC
09-19-2011, 06:22 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18929479

These guys don't need a trainer they need some motherly love. Are you up for the job?