PDA

View Full Version : What moves did your team make so far this Winter?

Requiem / The Dagda
12-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Well, the Mariners got rid of J.J. Putz, along with Sean Green and promising propsect Luis Valuebena and acquired a lot of talent, most notably Franklin Gutierrez from the Indians; along with top prospect Mike Carp from the Mets, along with some other interesting young talents including left-hander Jason Vargas, right-hander Maikel Cleto and outfielder Ezequiel Carrera.

Aaron Heilman and Endy Chavez were also included; and bring some big-league help to the Mariners roster.

The Mariners also got Jose Lugo [From Royals, via Twins -- cash consideraton] and Reegie Corona in the Rule 5 Draft; which should help us with an arm and utility infielder in the majors.

Last but not least, the Mariners will get the Type A compensation as the Phillies have signed Raul Ibanez.

I like these moves, especially getting a great defender in Gutierrez to play center in Safeco and all the young talent as well. It's what Seattle definitely needed; and with the additional picks coming in the draft -- it's a good time to be a Mariners fan.

Kapaibro
12-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Rockies got rid of Matt Holliday (idiots). Fuentes is looking to go, we have Huston Street and Embree.

The earlier talk of ditching Atkins has died down, but to Snapp's disgust, there is now talk of ditching Bucholz and Barmes.

Flatinum
12-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Added C - Ramon Hernandez, P Arthur Rhodes

Gone - Ryan Freel

Same old, the Reds will tinker with the line up but not be a threat to do anything this year.

CoachChaz
12-16-2008, 01:39 PM
O's added Freel and Izturis. In the hunt for Teixiera, but I'm not holding too much hope that we land the hometown kid. The Yanks have already dropped a quarter of a BILLION dollars on 2 stud pitchers and them and the Red Sox are looking to get in on Tex.

You'll never find a bigger lover of baseball than me, but if MLB doesnt do something about these two teams, I'm out. I know the spending doesnt always equate to winning, but no one else has a chance...especially teams in that division. yes, the Rays did well this year, but let's face it...they still cant compete with the financial giants in the northeast.

Buff
12-16-2008, 03:39 PM
We got rid of our franchise player and best pitcher and replaced them with journeymen and prospects...

Maybe MLB will follow the AFL's lead and cancel the 2009 season.

Devilspawn
12-16-2008, 04:42 PM
We brought the galaxy and put a down payment on the universe. :tsk:

Medford Bronco
12-17-2008, 04:56 PM
We brought the galaxy and put a down payment on the universe. :tsk:

DS I think Sabathia will do quite well in NY.

I cant say the same for AJ "I am always on the DL except for contract years" Burnett, who I think is very overrated IMO. Great stuff but breaks down.

Last year was a career year at a convenient time IMHO

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6314/career;_ylt=AkowMdTSAwDwM8drf01hncCFCLcF

gnomeflinger
12-17-2008, 05:20 PM
The Mariners was this year's Lions as far as stats go. I think anything they can do can only go up from Sept 30th.

Tned
12-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Mets got Putz and K-rod. They have made a few other so/so moves. They need to resign Oliver Perez. He is up and down, but they really need his arm in the rotation.

gnomeflinger
12-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Mets got Putz and K-rod. They have made a few other so/so moves. They need to resign Oliver Perez. He is up and down, but they really need his arm in the rotation.

My condolences (for Putz).

shank
12-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Well, the Mariners got rid of J.J. Putz, along with Sean Green and promising propsect Luis Valuebena and acquired a lot of talent, most notably Franklin Gutierrez from the Indians; along with top prospect Mike Carp from the Mets, along with some other interesting young talents including left-hander Jason Vargas, right-hander Maikel Cleto and outfielder Ezequiel Carrera.

Aaron Heilman and Endy Chavez were also included; and bring some big-league help to the Mariners roster.

The Mariners also got Jose Lugo [From Royals, via Twins -- cash consideraton] and Reegie Corona in the Rule 5 Draft; which should help us with an arm and utility infielder in the majors.

Last but not least, the Mariners will get the Type A compensation as the Phillies have signed Raul Ibanez.

I like these moves, especially getting a great defender in Gutierrez to play center in Safeco and all the young talent as well. It's what Seattle definitely needed; and with the additional picks coming in the draft -- it's a good time to be a Mariners fan.

all of ^ this stuff, apparently... go ichiro!

sneakers
12-24-2008, 07:39 AM
We signed a relief pitcher.....

broncophan
12-24-2008, 10:06 AM
we replaced a couple of burnt out light bulbs at P&C Park.......

GO PIRATES....

D1g1tal j1m
12-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Signed Woods to be the Closer.

Made the trade with Cicero's Mariners and got Valuebena to compete in ST at 2nd and Joe Smith from Mets to help stabilize the bullpen.