PDA

View Full Version : Eric Decker

VandalismZ
09-18-2011, 07:39 PM
im really liking this kid more and more i see him play. he had a great game besides the two bad plays (fumble lost, off. pass interference)

Northman
09-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Decker is beast. I just hope he isnt a one year wonder.

Clipworthy
09-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Decker is beast. I just hope he isnt a one year wonder.

one year wonder? its week 2 :lol:

Northman
09-18-2011, 07:48 PM
one year wonder? its week 2 :lol:

No shit sherlock. I was talking longterm.

Clipworthy
09-18-2011, 07:52 PM
No shit sherlock. I was talking longterm.

no need for profanity

TXBRONC
09-18-2011, 07:56 PM
In a very ugly win Decker was a lot fun to watch today.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoBJ
09-18-2011, 08:41 PM
no need for profanity

Seriously. I may have to stay away from these forums if Northman is going to run his mouth like that and use such foul words. :fight:

As for Decker, glad to see him step up today and so far this year. Hes probably been our best player. Hope he keeps it up and cant wait til Demaryius gets fully healthy in a few years. :salute:

DenBronx
09-18-2011, 09:14 PM
I think we have seen the best were going to get from Royal. Wouldnt be suprised to see him traded to Washington at some point.

So seeing Decker step up big time is great for the Broncos. He has the size, speed, hands and runs a very good route.

Now if we can just get Thomas on the field and to stay healthy we might actually be a good offense.

MileHiWildcat
09-18-2011, 09:47 PM
The only reason the kid even got a shot to start was because of injuries. It certainly wasn't because Fox has even an ounce of talent recognition. I am guessing Decker doesn't look good in practice.

MOtorboat
09-18-2011, 10:30 PM
The only reason the kid even got a shot to start was because of injuries. It certainly wasn't because Fox has even an ounce of talent recognition. I am guessing Decker doesn't look good in practice.

Here'e the irony. You hate Kyle Orton, yet Kyle Orton made Eric Decker look real good today.

Slick
09-18-2011, 10:42 PM
He hates john fox after two games too, mo.

Slick
09-18-2011, 10:42 PM

atwater27
09-18-2011, 10:57 PM
I picked Decker in my fantasy league here. He was Mr. irrelevant. I started him today. Ooooooh Yeah!

igoe4broncos
09-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Decker has been amazing.

It's crazy how much he reminds me of Eddy Mac out there wearing that #87.

frauschieze
09-18-2011, 11:18 PM
In a very ugly win Decker was a lot fun to watch today.

Decker is ALWAYS a lot of fun to watch. :drool:

BroncoStud
09-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Here'e the irony. You hate Kyle Orton, yet Kyle Orton made Eric Decker look real good today.

Decker saved Orton's rear on the 2nd TD. That ball was horribly underthrown and the Cinci Safety took a terrible angle on it, Decker made a GREAT adjustment to catch it, then the Cinci defense did the rest for us.

Nah, you're right, it was ALL Orton... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:rolleyes:

BeefStew25
09-19-2011, 08:25 AM
He may end up being McD's best draft pick.

CoachChaz
09-19-2011, 08:34 AM
He may end up being McD's best draft pick.

A possession receiver that will top out at 60-70 catches. Pretty sad

vandammage13
09-19-2011, 08:44 AM

I would say vice versa..

MOtorboat
09-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Decker saved Orton's rear on the 2nd TD. That ball was horribly underthrown and the Cinci Safety took a terrible angle on it, Decker made a GREAT adjustment to catch it, then the Cinci defense did the rest for us.

Nah, you're right, it was ALL Orton... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:rolleyes:

You mean the pass he underthrew on purpose so that his 6-5 receiver could come back and make a play?

BigDaddyBronco
09-19-2011, 09:06 AM
You mean the pass he underthrew on purpose so that his 6-5 receiver could come back and make a play?
That's kinda what Beuerlein said as well.

CoachChaz
09-19-2011, 09:07 AM

A QB throwing a pass in a location for a receiver to make an adjustment and avoid an incompletion or INT??? Say it isnt so!!

TXBRONC
09-19-2011, 09:15 AM

I would say it's the other way around.

TXBRONC
09-19-2011, 09:17 AM

How do you know Orton did it on purpose?

BroncoStud
09-19-2011, 09:19 AM

Go back and watch the play again, then tell us he did that on purpose. Orton chunked that ball up hoping Decker would make a play on it - which he did.

Not sure how yo can possibly take the effort Decker made to score that TD away from him. It was a great play by a young WR. But as far as I can tell you will go to pretty extended lengths to justify Orton being our starter... Decker had a great game regardless of what people wish to give him credit for or not.

CoachChaz
09-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Go back and watch the play again, then tell us he did that on purpose. Orton chunked that ball up hoping Decker would make a play on it - which he did.

Not sure how yo can possibly take the effort Decker made to score that TD away from him. It was a great play by a young WR. But as far as I can tell you will go to pretty extended lengths to justify Orton being our starter... Decker had a great game regardless of what people wish to give him credit for or not.

Watch enough football and you'll see QB's throw balls into unique locations all the time, forcing the WR to make an adjustment. Could be to protect them, could be to prevent an incompletion or INT. It's not something new.

This doesnt credit Orton or take anything away from Decker...it's just a football play. If that ball is thrown elsewhere...it's prehaps not a completion.

So Orton has faith in a young athletic receiver to make an adjustment on a ball to ensure a completed pass. So what. They both did what they are paid to do. Nothing more.

vandammage13
09-19-2011, 09:33 AM

C'mon Motor...You know as well as I do that if that Safety were half way decent he would have made a play on the ball...

And instead of making a play, he actually hit his own teamate out of the way which led to the touchdown.

That play was planned by Orton as much as that tipped hail mary was planned the last time we played Cinci...:coffee:

TXBRONC
09-19-2011, 09:37 AM
Watch enough football and you'll see QB's throw balls into unique locations all the time, forcing the WR to make an adjustment. Could be to protect them, could be to prevent an incompletion or INT. It's not something new.

This doesnt credit Orton or take anything away from Decker...it's just a football play. If that ball is thrown elsewhere...it's prehaps not a completion.

So Orton has faith in a young athletic receiver to make an adjustment on a ball to ensure a completed pass. So what. They both did what they are paid to do. Nothing more.

It could have been but I wouldn't say that with any certainty.

BroncoNut
09-19-2011, 09:37 AM
no need for profanity

sometimes its warranted. I think this is one of those cases.

Way to go North :2thumbs:

BroncoStud
09-19-2011, 09:38 AM
I still wouldn't say for sure it was intentional.

Neither would I.

BroncoNut
09-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Decker has been amazing.

It's crazy how much he reminds me of Eddy Mac out there wearing that #87.

kinda, he can't take a hit like Mac though

slim
09-19-2011, 09:40 AM
I didn't think it was intentional...just looked like a bad throw to me.

I am just glad Decker can score from distance. That game ends poorly if we get in the red zone.

BigDaddyBronco
09-19-2011, 09:42 AM
I didn't think it was intentional...just looked like a bad throw to me.

I am just glad Decker can score from distance. That game ends poorly if we get in the red zone.

Unless McGahee could have run it in. I doubt we see many thrown TD's in the Red Zone this year.

BeefStew25
09-19-2011, 09:43 AM
A possession receiver that will top out at 60-70 catches. Pretty sad

I dunno. Those slants he runs might get him more action.

Northman
09-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Yea, i dont know if it was an intentional throw. Looked like Decker just making a play but either way it doesnt make Orton a great QB. He still needs to learn to scan the field and go through his progressions.

slim
09-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Unless McGahee could have run it in. I doubt we see many thrown TD's in the Red Zone this year.

McGahee played well. I thought Ball had some nice runs too.

Clady almost cost us that game with his holding call on our last drive. IIRC, it wiped out a nice run on 1st down....probably could have burned the clock otherwise.

BeefStew25
09-19-2011, 09:46 AM

Clady almost cost us that game with his holding call on our last drive. IIRC, it wiped out a nice run on 1st down....probably could have burned the clock otherwise.

When Clady had that hold, I grabbed a roll of pennies in my fist and punched my wife.

BroncoJoe
09-19-2011, 09:47 AM
When Clady had that hold, I grabbed a roll of pennies in my fist and punched my wife.

I used a roll of quarters.

vandammage13
I posted a thread on another MB (that I have since been banned from for arguing with the likes of TOP, Alastor, KO8Spectate, Neckbeard, etc..) in which I stated that Decker would be the gem of that draft.

My wife is a Minnesota Alum, so I have been forced to watch Gopher games the last several years...That team was boring, but I could tell that Decker was going to be a stud. The guy just caught every pass thrown his way.

Luckily he was hurt going into the draft, so we were able to get him that late. He's 1st or 2nd round talent for sure.

I really think he's going to develop into a borderline probowler in the near future.

At least one good McD pick he can hang his hat on.

BigDaddyBronco

Clady just hasn't looked the same since he tore his ACL. He is a lot more off and on, than just plain dominating. I wonder if it's coaching as well?

Two holding penalties, and giving up a strip sack.

Northman
You guys are weak, i just used a lead pipe.

TXBRONC
09-19-2011, 09:48 AM

Both of Orton's touchdowns came from outside the red zone. That's not a complaint it's just a fact.

slim
09-19-2011, 09:49 AM

My son won't be attending day care until the bruises subside. I can't risk a third strike.

BroncoNut
09-19-2011, 09:49 AM

You guys are weak, i just used a lead pipe.
Not funny guys

TXBRONC
09-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Clady just hasn't looked the same since he tore his ACL. He is a lot more off and on, than just plain dominating. I wonder if it's coaching as well?

Two holding penalties, and giving up a strip sack.

I don't put stip on Clady at all. Orton held onto the ball way to long.

BigDaddyBronco
09-19-2011, 09:51 AM
I don't put stip on Clady at all. Orton held onto the ball way to long.

I'm just saying that in his first two years, the defender wouldn't have been close to Orton.

BeefStew25
09-19-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm just saying that in his first two years, the defender wouldn't have been close to Orton.

We just need to gel.

BigDaddyBronco
09-19-2011, 09:55 AM
We just need to gel.

Or something.

BeefStew25
09-19-2011, 09:58 AM
We got a win. Wasn't against a great team, and we made plenty of mistakes. But we had young guys out there contributing, and DJ and Moreno (captains of my All-Entitled Team) got to watch from the sidelines.

I love it.

G_Money
09-19-2011, 12:38 PM
We got a win. Wasn't against a great team, and we made plenty of mistakes. But we had young guys out there contributing, and the DJ and Moreno (captains of my All-Intitled Team) got to watch from the sidelines.

I love it.

I want to see as much of the kids as possible. Riley should be getting off the PS and into games as soon as next week. Quinton Carter made a special teams play. Cassius Vaughn hung in there. Woodyard was everywhere. Wilhite looks like he can stay and also made good special teams plays. Decker was a man even when he messed things up.

Larsen played like a real FB, which was weird. Julius showed up. Franklin manned up after last week and played better. (side note: Beadles still sucked)

This is a time for me to see what the first pieces of the future look like. We're horribly thin as a team and we were playing a poor opponent, but there were still good things to see today.

Not enough for us stave off getting wiped out the next few weeks, IMO, but baby steps. Recovering from the black plague of the McDaniels era will take more than 2 weeks. Or two months. In the meantime, keep looking for the solid future in the shaky present. :salute:

~G

NightTerror218
09-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Decker is Eddie Mac reborn.

BeefStew25
09-19-2011, 12:40 PM
I texted Rex amd asked him who 68 was. He replied it was Beadles. I said he sucks. Rex replied that he has told me that for like 4 weeks now.

G_Money
09-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Yeah...he makes me unhappy. Like a migraine, or a bad jock itch. He's been making me unhappy since we drafted him. Not talented enough to play tackle, not strong enough to play guard, and always standing around looking at stuff while his man is busy wreaking havoc on the O.

Walton does some of the same stuff but if he's trying to pick up Beadles's dead weight then that could account for some of it. I want Franklin and Kuper next to Walton so I can properly judge him, with Beadles on the bench (would instantly be our best backup, I guess, which helps that depth situation).

Kalil in 2012.

~G