PDA

View Full Version : Broncos survive late scare, beat Bengals, 24-22, behind RB Willis McGahee

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Eric Decker, next man up. Willis McGahee​, Jonathan Wilhite and Wesley Woodyard​, next men up.

Kyle Orton? He manned up.

Broncos head coach John Fox is more common sense than brilliant; more old-school than modern; more conservative than radical.

There is no other way to explain how the battered and badly outmanned Broncos managed to hang on to defeat the up-and-coming Cincinnati Bengals, 24-22, Sunday afternoon at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18923589

Agent of Orange
09-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Notice how they didn't say, "behind Orton". Its a little strange to read that because success is usually exclusively attributed to a QB.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2011, 08:08 PM
WOW - IMO - this article was how all the players stepped up, with all of the injuries to starters

DenBronx
09-18-2011, 08:33 PM
McGahee showed Moreno how to break 100 yards.

Dancing behind the line of scrimmage does not get you yards Moreno. So stop it, you are not Barry Sanders!

Bosco
09-18-2011, 08:38 PM
McGahee showed Moreno how to break 100 yards.

Dancing behind the line of scrimmage does not get you yards Moreno. So stop it, you are not Barry Sanders!

It's amazing what happens when your offensive line does it job isn't it?

DenBronx
09-18-2011, 08:48 PM
It's amazing what happens when your offensive line does it job isn't it?

Same line.

Differant results.

Keep in mind Oaklands front 7 is much better than the Bengals though.

Bosco
09-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Same line.

Differant results.

Keep in mind Oaklands front 7 is much better than the Bengals though.

And last week, McGahee had more rushes than yards, while Moreno was getting about 3 YPC.

spikerman
09-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Maybe I just keep missing it, but why was Bunkley out of the lineup?

DenBronx
09-18-2011, 09:08 PM
And last week, McGahee had more rushes than yards, while Moreno was getting about 3 YPC.

Ive seen enough of Moreno to believe it's not just our OL.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Maybe I just keep missing it, but why was Bunkley out of the lineup?

I thought I seen Bunkley on the field today.

Lancane
09-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Moreno is ineffective behind a line that is not utilizing a full zone blocking scheme in the offense, we used some zone but we also use a lot of man. I don't think Moreno can play behind such a line; during his first season, Moreno nearly had a 1,000 yards rushing, we still utilized the zone, the next season we starting using more man and he became just as ineffective as he is now. But I think some people overlook some things, such as the fact that he only played in 13 games last season and had 779 rushing yards, if he would have been in those other three games he would have likely still had a 1,000 yards, and his rookie season he was only 53 yards short, and he only started nine games but rotated in all sixteen games.

I just don't see him having success with any offense that doesn't utilize the zone on a permanent basis, I said much the same when we drafted him and I don't see any reason to change my opinion of him. He would have been a great pickup for Houston or Washington, even Denver if we still had Shanahan, but for the offense we run...Chris Wells would have been a much better pick.

spikerman
09-18-2011, 09:29 PM
I thought I seen Bunkley on the field today.

I thought so too early on in the game, but late in the game I was looking for him and never saw him.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-18-2011, 09:42 PM
I thought so too early on in the game, but late in the game I was looking for him and never saw him.

I don't know - he was one of the game captains today:

PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
WR Eric Decker and Brodrick Bunkley is are gameday captains for the #Broncos, joining Orton, Dawkins, Kuper, Woodyard.
6 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/postbroncos

Bosco
09-18-2011, 11:36 PM
Ive seen enough of Moreno to believe it's not just our OL.

I'm not sure how you can say that. He was three times as effective as McGahee against a stout and aggressive Raiders defense and as Lancane pointed out, his performances to date have been better than the perception. Hell, he even had a couple 100 yards game last year in our ultra pass heavy offense, once the OL started doing their jobs.

BroncoStud
09-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Moreno has a future on "Dancing with the Stars..." if he ever gets famous enough.

Mike
09-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Moreno has a future on "Dancing with the Stars..." if he ever gets famous enough.

Until he sprains an ankle.

vandammage13
09-19-2011, 09:35 AM

This is what is keeping Orton off of DWTS as well.

TXBRONC
09-19-2011, 12:20 PM

No that's Orton that will sprain an ankle. :D

Mike
09-19-2011, 12:32 PM
No that's Orton that will sprain an ankle. :D

Nope, the bum would trip across the floor, fumble his dance partner, and then fold like a lawn chair when under pressure from the judges.