PDA

View Full Version : Somewhat Concerned about Allen's Playcalling

#24 Next Champ
09-18-2011, 06:50 PM
I think it may have been because he didn't feel comfortable running as much man without Champ out there and also not having Doom coming off the edge but we really should've been throwing more at Dalton throughout the game, NEVER let a rookie sit back n get comfortable shake him up! I just really didn't like how basic our zones were with no pressure, Dalton was eating up the soft middle zones...

Also note

- Orton is pathetic I don't see ONE THING this guy does that Tebow can't do, I'm seriously disgusted that he is our QB...it's just a pissing contest because Fox doesn't want to feel like he was pressured into playing Tebow, but DAMNIT ELWAY HOW CAN YOU WATCH THAT BUM EVERY GAME AND NOT DO SOMETHING!

- Jonathan Wilhite was definitely a good addition, liked him in NE and that we picked him up and he's been real solid, great coverage

- Cassius is developing into a great cb and I love having someone else besides Champ in our secondary who can run-down anyone n run with anyone (the pi call was bs) and outside of that he had a good game, especially for a ROOKIE cb

- Goodman looks like he's finally wearing down, the sub-par athleticism finally seems to be catching upto him, especially when you consider his disgusting joke of a tackling ability...not basing this off of just this game too, cuz honestly this game wasn't THAT bad like some people freaked out and tried to make it, but from what I've seen from both games, he just is finally starting to wear down, needs a replacement next year without a doubt (like I'd expected anyways)

- Moore is taking himself just out of plays, I can't stand when a safety plays so damn deep like Hill did last year and it looks like Moore is doing the same thing, it is just stupid to play with 10 men ESPECIALLY when half the time our corners aren't even up on the LOS, really makes no sense (unless he drops down more often) to mix it up or create confusion

- Love how Dawk has been playing

- We really missed Champ, Green would not have had the day he had with #24 out there

- and how could I leave this so far down, JOE MAYS, man he's been a great run-stuffer, something we've desperately lacked

- Can't wait to have DJ back

- Overall the offensive line created more push this week and that was definitely good to see

- Also glad I started Decker on my fantasy, 22pts kid! haha

- McGahee is a good hard runner, but he can't take the workload this year, you can see the nicks already getting to him throughout the game, Ball (someone I've NEVER liked) really impressed today, was good to see

- Lastly I want to emphasize, Orton is a damn joke and pathetic excuse of a quarterback who's scared and worthless and Dom Capers will make him his bitch...Idk why the HELL Tebow is not playing, it is an absolute joke, GET WITH IT FOX, Orton sucks at everything, at least Tebow just needs work and right now only sucks with immediate reads n accuracy (at times!)

- More I'm sure, but these are just some of my thoughts following the game

JONtheBRONCO
09-18-2011, 06:54 PM
I didn't see a lot of good from Orton today, but I didn't see a lot of "pathetic" either.

Northman
09-18-2011, 06:56 PM
I just saw a lot of the same from Orton. Average but not clutch.

#24 Next Champ
09-18-2011, 06:58 PM
I didn't see a lot of good from Orton today, but I didn't see a lot of "pathetic" either.

Well, in all due respect...I did ... he looks slower than Tebow when it comes to making reads, he locks on to the #1 guy probably MORE than Tebow, holds the ball for SO damn long, it's just getting so old, he's boring as hell and I have absolutely NO confidence in our offense with him under center...I'd feel so much more hope with Tebow in there, n I'm not even a Tebow homer, but give the kid a damn shot after he played better than Peyton Manning, Elway, Tom Brady etc in his FIRST 3 STARTS, Why the HELL would you pull the rug out from under him when you don't care about the better "practice player" it just pisses me off

"I don't care about who's better in practice, I have a pretty good feeling who the gamer is on this roster at QB" ....Kyle does better in practice "Okay Kyle, you're our clear cut starter" wtf is that?

silkamilkamonico
09-18-2011, 07:02 PM
The organization is in trouble.

- We have major issues at the QB position. Major issues.
- Our oline sucks. Even Clady.
- Our defense isn't absolutely terrible by any means, but that pressure packed defense we saw during preseason was a complete facade.
- Our core defensive leadership are old and on their way out of the NFL.

Regardless of the injuries, does anybody actually feel good about winning the game today?

What do we draft next year in the first? QB? T? G? C? DT? LB? CB? Take your pick, we need it all.

JONtheBRONCO
09-18-2011, 07:02 PM
I only noticed him locking onto a receiver a few times. We all know Orton is boring. Really boring. But he did nothing today to get himself benched for Tebow, that's for sure.

JONtheBRONCO
09-18-2011, 07:03 PM

- Our defense isn't absolutely terrible by any means, but that pressure packed defense we saw during preseason was a complete facade.

Regardless of the injuries, does anybody actually feel good about winning the game today?

What do we draft next year in the first? QB? T? G? C? DT? LB? CB? Take your pick, we need it all.

I feel good about it, stop being such a drama queen.

#24 Next Champ
09-18-2011, 07:11 PM

Clady doesn't suck that's just a joke, and yes our interior o-line does need work but this is such dramatization...I like Vaughn n Wilhite behind Champ after Goody is gone, love our LB's so idk why that is there, and yes we do desperately need a good young talented force of a DT in the middle and a QB, but honestly I think our QB is standing around in a hat watching Orton suck

Broncogator
09-18-2011, 07:20 PM
We won...end of discussion :hi:

TXBRONC
09-18-2011, 07:51 PM
We were out manned on defense. It wasn't Allen's play calling that was a problem it was the fact we are missing several starters that's problematic.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoBowlby 88
09-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Orton kept us in the game, nothing flashy just 15/25 for 195, 2TD's, no INT and a QB rating of 111.2. Orton gave us the win win with out his top two receivers, Tebow playing as a receiver, starting running back, and an interior O-line that is weak. Don't kid yourself Tebow would not have done better in that situation, he might have made some plays with his feet but could not of thrown the game that Orton did.

The defense played well considering the situation, Allen called the plays right its just that our defense is missing a starter at every level DL, LB, and DB. With Doom being out Cincinnati doubled Von and was able to take shots down field against huge mismatches Green/Vaughn or even Green/Goodman. With Doom and Von in the game we get pressure on the QB without Blitzing, it made our defense one dimensional not having the other guys just showed how thin we are in depth. Doom is the corner stone of our defense.

TXBRONC
09-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Orton kept us in the game, nothing flashy just 15/25 for 195, 2TD's, no INT and a QB rating of 111.2. Orton gave us the win win with out his top two receivers, Tebow playing as a receiver, starting running back, and an interior O-line that is weak. Don't kid yourself Tebow would not have done better in that situation, he might have made some plays with his feet but could not of thrown the game that Orton did.

The defense played well considering the situation, Allen called the plays right its just that our defense is missing a starter at every level DL, LB, and DB. With Doom being out Cincinnati doubled Von and was able to take shots down field against huge mismatches Green/Vaughn or even Green/Goodman. With Doom and Von in the game we get pressure on the QB without Blitzing, it made our defense one dimensional not having the other guys just showed how thin we are in depth. Doom is the corner stone of our defense.

I disagree with you that Orton kept us in the game. McGahee, Decker, and the defense kept us in the game.

BeefStew25
09-18-2011, 08:03 PM
I want Joe Mays. Bad.

silkamilkamonico
09-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Clady doesn't suck that's just a joke, and yes our interior o-line does need work but this is such dramatization...I like Vaughn n Wilhite behind Champ after Goody is gone, love our LB's so idk why that is there, and yes we do desperately need a good young talented force of a DT in the middle and a QB, but honestly I think our QB is standing around in a hat watching Orton suck

I was wrong about Clady....he is just average he doesn't suck. He certainly isn't the force he once was but he doesn't suck.

Cassius Vaughn is terrible and a playing product of very poor depth.

Our Lb's are very poor around the perimeter. Teams abuse us there.

Brady Quinn sucks and will never be a starting QB in the NFL so there goes that argument.

spikerman
09-18-2011, 09:17 PM
That was DPI on Vaughn.

#24 Next Champ
09-18-2011, 09:31 PM
I was wrong about Clady....he is just average he doesn't suck. He certainly isn't the force he once was but he doesn't suck.

Cassius Vaughn is terrible and a playing product of very poor depth.

Our Lb's are very poor around the perimeter. Teams abuse us there.

Brady Quinn sucks and will never be a starting QB in the NFL so there goes that argument.

I don't get the Quinn inference but ok

Dj Williams Joe Mays n Von Miller are very poor around the perimeter? N Cassius is NOT a result of poor depth he immediately went to the top of the depth chart and is a good young corner you are so wrong about him

n umm I understand Clady isn't what he was with the dreads, but he's definitely better than "average" ... also went from very mobile, quick reading, confident and good pocket presence in Jay Cutler to the most unathletic, scared, longest read-time terrible pocket presence Orton

cuzz4169
09-18-2011, 10:05 PM
We might be the most boring offense in the NFL only game breaker we have is Lloyd. With Fox as our coach we need an "ELITE" running back!!!

Bosco
09-18-2011, 11:55 PM
We were out manned on defense. It wasn't Allen's play calling that was a problem it was the fact we are missing several starters that's problematic.

Pretty much. Rookie QB or not, it's foolish to start sending the house on every play with such a young and inexperienced defensive backfield. You cannot leave those guys out on islands yet.

silkamilkamonico
09-19-2011, 12:06 AM
I don't get the Quinn inference but ok

Dj Williams Joe Mays n Von Miller are very poor around the perimeter? N Cassius is NOT a result of poor depth he immediately went to the top of the depth chart and is a good young corner you are so wrong about him

No, they are not. Oakland getting virtually all of their 170+ rushing yards at the perimeter of the defense, away from the DT's, shows that.