PDA

View Full Version : lol check this out

#24 Next Champ
09-17-2011, 07:52 PM
http://m.nfl.com/games/55191/cin-at-den/

I guess when we beat em in that snow game in 06 it's cuz they failed a two point conversion run....not that it matters at all but for those who remember the game, Cincy botched the extra point when it went through the holders hands, they didn't go for two on a run...just sad how inaccurate reports often are now

i understand it's small but be accurate don't just look at the box score

Montana Battlin Bear
09-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Wow, that was the last game I've been able to attend and I was five rows up right in between the goal posts on that endzone it was truly an experience...... Houshmanzadeh gave a mile high salute if i remember right and I've never seen so many middle fingers in my life haha

Andrew Mason
09-17-2011, 09:16 PM
What happened is that the author (not me, thankfully) got lazy and only read the gamebook, which would have indicated a run.

The gamebook is technically correct. It only goes into the books as a failed kick if there's an actual kick attempted. The snap went just wide of the holder and Shayne Graham did not attempt a kick, thus, it is technically a run play and a failed two-point conversion. (It's similar to how a fumbled snap goes into the books as a running play. The default of any play from scrimmage is a run unless the football is kicked, punted, drop-kicked or passed forward.)

Northman
09-17-2011, 09:17 PM
The gamebook is technically correct. It only goes into the books as a failed kick if there's an actual kick attempted. The snap went just wide of the holder and Shayne Graham did not attempt a kick, thus, it is technically a run play and a failed two-point conversion. (It's similar to how a fumbled snap goes into the books as a running play. Think of it this way: the default of any play from scrimmage is a run unless the football is kicked, punted, drop-kicked or passed forward.)

Thanks for the explanation Andrew. :salute:

MOtorboat
09-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Ladies, gentlemen and nut, Andrew Mason.

Please give him a hand.

Davii
09-17-2011, 10:10 PM
I was supposed to be at that game, but because of the blizzard in Denver I got stranded in the Houston airport for three days and missed it....

hotcarl
09-18-2011, 12:54 AM
tl;dr but lol at typing all those words :laugh:

#24 Next Champ
09-18-2011, 05:17 AM
What happened is that the author (not me, thankfully) got lazy and only read the gamebook, which would have indicated a run.

The gamebook is technically correct. It only goes into the books as a failed kick if there's an actual kick attempted. The snap went just wide of the holder and Shayne Graham did not attempt a kick, thus, it is technically a run play and a failed two-point conversion. (It's similar to how a fumbled snap goes into the books as a running play. The default of any play from scrimmage is a run unless the football is kicked, punted, drop-kicked or passed forward.)

Did Andrew Mason really just reply to my Thread...wow that's awesome haha and yeah I understand that it's technically correct but I'm sure you understand why I pointed it out