PDA

View Full Version : Ty Warren to IR/Jeremiah Johnson to roster

UnderArmour
09-17-2011, 02:14 PM
http://twitter.com/#/MikeKlis/statuses/115132325569896448

Ty warren had setback in recovery - on ir. rb jeremiah johnson up on 53

Figured this would happen eventually to get us an extra roster spot. Never expected Warren to play a down this season. Didn't want this fact to get lost in the sea of Tebow threads so I posted it in a new one instead of replying to an existing one.

Lancane
09-17-2011, 02:33 PM

Figured this would happen eventually to get us an extra roster spot. Never expected Warren to play a down this season. Didn't want this fact to get lost in the sea of Tebow threads so I posted it in a new one instead of replying to an existing one.

Not surprised, the front office dilly-dallied to the point where we had to sign a solid defensive tackle despite the medical concerns and this is the result of that.

BroncoStud
09-17-2011, 02:40 PM
I still think passing on Dareus is going to come back to haunt us. We should have at least traded back and added a pick or 2.

Lancane
09-17-2011, 03:05 PM
I still think passing on Dareus is going to come back to haunt us. We should have at least traded back and added a pick or 2.

I don't think so, I think passing on Miller would have haunted us far more, especially once you understand Fox's defensive philosophy in it's entirety. Dumvervil is a good pass rusher but he's no Julius Peppers, he's flawed in a few aspects of the position which make him an incomplete defensive end...whereas Miller has few if any flaws making him a unique all around defensive playmaker.

People might not have realized that this next draft isn't as thin in the defensive tackle area as some predicted, just thin in first round prospects. There is a fair number of solid prospects that will be available between the second to fourth rounds; Randall, Steinkuhler, Powell, Short, Wolfe, Thompson, Still, Poe, Howard, Chapman, Harrell, Martin, Reyes and more. This would be a good draft to have multiple day two picks, especially for a team in need of line help.

I still say that we have the best 5T defensive tackle on our roster though he's playing defensive end - in Ayers, his ability screams defensive tackle and he has the frame to add just enough weight to be effective.

BroncoWave
09-17-2011, 03:33 PM

False, when you have someone on your board who has the potential to be the absolute BEST in the league at his position, you take him. Miller has drawn comparisons to Derrick Thomas and Lawrence Taylor by various analysts this preseason. His first play as a pro he forced a fumble and was then held and or double teamed on pretty much every play for the rest of the game. Even if Dareus makes 10 pro bowls, I still don't think we will regret taking Miller.

MOtorboat
09-17-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't think so, I think passing on Miller would have haunted us far more, especially once you understand Fox's defensive philosophy in it's entirety. Dumvervil is a good pass rusher but he's no Julius Peppers, he's flawed in a few aspects of the position which make him an incomplete defensive end...whereas Miller has few if any flaws making him a unique all around defensive playmaker.

People might not have realized that this next draft isn't as thin in the defensive tackle area as some predicted, just thin in first round prospects. There is a fair number of solid prospects that will be available between the second to fourth rounds; Randall, Steinkuhler, Powell, Short, Wolfe, Thompson, Still, Poe, Howard, Chapman, Harrell, Martin, Reyes and more. This would be a good draft to have multiple day two picks, especially for a team in need of line help.

I still say that we have the best 5T defensive tackle on our roster though he's playing defensive end - in Ayers, his ability screams defensive tackle and he has the frame to add just enough weight to be effective.

Screw quarterback in the first...Jared Crick.

Lancane
09-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Screw quarterback in the first...Jared Crick.

I like Crick, he's a very talented young man with a pretty high ceiling...but his measurements alone are going to make him the target of 3-4 defensive teams and I believe come the draft he'll be considered a top 15 prospect but will go between fourteen and twenty, and I don't think we'll be in that range.

Right now I believe that Landry Jones will be our first pick in the draft, I guess it's a gut feeling at this point...but with Luck being likely out of reach, I think Elway will fall in love with Jones' natural passing ability and that will be all she wrote.

turftoad
09-17-2011, 04:57 PM
"The Broncos were hoping to keep injured defensive tackle Ty Warren’s roster spot open until they absolutely needed it.

With all the injuries on the squad, they needed the spot much sooner than expected".

The rest is here:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/17/ty-warren-heads-to-injured-reserve/

MileHighCrew
09-17-2011, 05:00 PM
to know there is zero chance for Warren sucks but I am thrilled JJ is on the roster and I hope he gets a good shot

pipes
09-17-2011, 05:03 PM
I like Crick, he's a very talented young man with a pretty high ceiling...but his measurements alone are going to make him the target of 3-4 defensive teams and I believe come the draft he'll be considered a top 15 prospect but will go between fourteen and twenty, and I don't think we'll be in that range.

Right now I believe that Landry Jones will be our first pick in the draft, I guess it's a gut feeling at this point...but with Luck being likely out of reach, I think Elway will fall in love with Jones' natural passing ability and that will be all she wrote.

I'm not one to usually be a Debbie downer and I know that there's only been 1 game but I think Denver will be in the Luck chase.

Although there might be other teams worse, they may already have invested a lot in terms of draft picks & $ into their QB...such as Carolina.

I can see Denver getting the #1 pick. I hope not but face the unquestionable facts...they could not run the ball or stop the run last year and nothing seems to have changed this year.

Who are the bad teams this year? Denver, Carolina, Cincinatti, KC?, Indianapolis?, Cleveland?, San Francisco?

Lancane
09-17-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm not one to usually be a Debbie downer and I know that there's only been 1 game but I think Denver will be in the Luck chase.

Although there might be other teams worse, they may already have invested a lot in terms of draft picks & $ into their QB...such as Carolina.

I can see Denver getting the #1 pick. I hope not but face the unquestionable facts...they could not run the ball or stop the run last year and nothing seems to have changed this year.

Who are the bad teams this year? Denver, Carolina, Cincinatti, KC?, Indianapolis?, Cleveland?, San Francisco?

I don't see it as being a 'Debbie Downer', fact is that as we stand we may very well be in the 'Suck for Luck' sweepstakes. I think Carolina and San Francisco are both better then us as is Cincinnati, I would say we're better then Indianapolis right now and a toss up with Cleveland and Kansas City.

We could well see three quarterbacks taken with the first three picks if Denver, Indianapolis and Kansas City have those first three picks.

pnbronco
09-17-2011, 07:05 PM

So what happens now, if JJ isn't really ready or does ok but not ready for full time can JJ go back to the PS? Or does he have to go through waivers again then get put on the PS?

G_Money
09-17-2011, 08:06 PM

Still calling Kalil to protect Tebow's right side and move Franklin to guard. I agree with you though, there should be some better 2nd and 3rd round picks for the DL than we are currently playing, that's for sure.

Before we see how the college season plays out, but an early call like OT Kalil, DT Reyes and a RB like Martin I could live with. Kalil for the blind side, Franklin to push Beadles to a backup role, and then I just want to know whether Walton can hack it in the middle. That's what I'm watching for this year. It could help us a LOT, especially in the run game where Franklin as a guard would be a terrifying opponent for the DL.

From the OP though, I'm glad JJ is back on the team. We can use all the running help we can get - though we're gonna have to open some holes for the runners for it to do any good. It's SO hard to watch the Broncos suck this hard at running the ball...

~G

Ziggy
09-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Franklin may need to be moved to guard before this season is over. You can play Beadles at RT and protect him there with Fells. There's no protecting his utter lack of skill and toughness at guard.

G_Money
09-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Beadles gives me angry-face. Did all last year too. Luckily we have Hochstein, though, so...

Nevermind. :tsk: Worthless buncha...

~G

G_Money
09-17-2011, 08:44 PM
BTW - I'm watching the OU/FSU game tonight, and I'm kinda pissed that Bjoern Werner is just a sophomore. He's just a Man out there, ripping up a very good OL, especially on goal line stands. I'd take him over Ayers any day.

~G

horsepig
09-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Why is everybody so down on the Chefs? They've had very good drafts and have talent everywhere.

horsepig
09-17-2011, 09:01 PM
I guess I should throw Cassell's name in the mix. My God, could you imagine a QB battle between Cassell and Orton. The thought makes my head spin.

pnbronco
09-17-2011, 09:46 PM
Beadles gives me angry-face. Did all last year too. Luckily we have Hochstein, though, so...

Nevermind. :tsk: Worthless buncha...

~G

Oh man I think I just threw up in my mouth, dang you G.....:laugh:

Also can JJ go back to PS? Hoping I don't have to find out.

G_Money
09-17-2011, 10:10 PM
JJ should be eligible for the PS until he's got 6 games on the 53-man. We'd have to remove him and then re-sign him to the PS though, so I'm guessing he's gonna be with us long enough to make himself ineligible, unless he sucks.

If we needed to pull him off the PS after Week One, how confident would we be that we could cut him and send him back?

~G

igoe4broncos
09-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Well, it was nice knowing you Ty!

Davii
09-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Oh man I think I just threw up in my mouth, dang you G.....:laugh:

Also can JJ go back to PS? Hoping I don't have to find out.

G hit it, he's still eligible until he's been on the active roster for, I think he's right, 6 games.

Like he said though, we would have to cut him and then place him on the PS, so there's no guarantee that he remains. If we try to put him back on the PS anyone can snatch him up for their 53 man

HORSEPOWER 56
09-18-2011, 06:44 AM
So it looks like our RBs will be MacGahee, Ball, and JJ. It will be interesting to see if we can run the ball this week. If we can't, it probably isn't the RBs...

Just a thought.

turftoad
09-18-2011, 11:08 AM
So it looks like our RBs will be MacGahee, Ball, and JJ. It will be interesting to see if we can run the ball this week. If we can't, it probably isn't the RBs...

Just a thought.

I don't think that list of RB's scares anyone. Probly not even if Moreno was in there either.
So.... if we can't run the ball it goes on the line and the RB's.
I don't think Walton is the answer at center and Beadles isn't strong enough to handle DT's at the point of attack on the interior line.
I'd be all for swapping Beadles and Franklin.

Bosco
09-18-2011, 11:52 AM

Just a thought.

I can tell you it wasn't the running backs just from watching the first week. The Raiders stacked eight in the box and run blitzed the shit out of us, and we failed to punish them for it.

Lancane
09-18-2011, 12:09 PM
I can tell you it wasn't the running backs just from watching the first week. The Raiders stacked eight in the box and run blitzed the shit out of us, and we failed to punish them for it.

And I will bet money that Cincinnati will follow suit, their weakest area defensively is their defensive line, their linebackers are about equal with Oakland's own, but their defensive backfield is better then Oakland's. If they stack eight in the box, rush us just enough to be cautious and force Orton to try and beat them, then they'll focus on neutralizing Lloyd, with Orton's questionable issues, particularly his lack to find other wide receivers, it could literally force Denver's offense into a corner and give them the edge.

The Broncos are going to have to take what they can get and Orton will need to focus on all his receivers, not just Lloyd. If he can get into a solid short pass rhythm, five yards here, seven here...then the box will open a little, then they'll need him to spread the field which in return will open some running lanes or should.

DenBronx
09-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Meanwhile in Seattle, Mebane is still stuffing the run in the middle....:tsk:

He is looking good in todays game.

Lancane
09-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Meanwhile in Seattle, Mebane is still stuffing the run in the middle....:tsk:

He is looking good in todays game.

It's too bad that we decided to waste money on Warren rather then signing Mebane to a long-term contract!

MOtorboat
09-18-2011, 03:05 PM
It's too bad that we decided to waste money on Warren rather then signing Mebane to a long-term contract!

Brandon Mebane DID NOT WANT TO GO ANYWHERE BUT SEATTLE. That's not the front office's fault

:tsk:

Lancane
09-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Brandon Mebane DID NOT WANT TO GO ANYWHERE BUT SEATTLE. That's not the front office's fault

:tsk:

Do you believe everything you hear or read Mo? Mebane took the contract to stay in Seattle even though it was less then what a couple others offered, he took it because with the difference in offers was so minimal that he'd rather return to a team and city he liked, believe me, I have no doubts should he have been offered a much better contract that he would have taken it.

MOtorboat
09-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Do you believe everything you hear or read Mo? Mebane took the contract to stay in Seattle even though it was less then what a couple others offered, he took it because with the difference in offers was so minimal that he'd rather return to a team and city he liked, believe me, I have no doubts should he have been offered a much better contract that he would have taken it.

Saying the front office of Denver should have chosen Mebane over Warren, when it was Mebane's choice and he likely wasn't leaving Seattle anyway, is a misleading statement, at best.

Lancane
09-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Saying the front office of Denver should have chosen Mebane over Warren, when it was Mebane's choice and he likely wasn't leaving Seattle anyway, is a misleading statement, at best.

No, all I am saying is that I believe if we would have offered enough to entice him then he would have come here. Mebane said himself that he preferred to return because the money difference he was offered elsewhere was very little.