PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of all the "Bench Orton" Threads

D1g1tal j1m
09-16-2011, 03:05 PM
If Fox benches Orton then I have a feeling that Quinn will get the nod over Tebow. Then we will have to endure "Bench Quinn" threads for 2 games....

BigDaddyBronco
09-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Yea pretty much, then Tebow will play until the end of the season.

Davii
09-16-2011, 03:08 PM
If Fox benches Orton then I have a feeling that Quinn will get the nod over Tebow. Then we will have to endure "Bench Quinn" threads for 2 games....

We could always get a head start and just start making the bench Quinn threads now.

slim
09-16-2011, 03:09 PM
I am no rocket scientist, but I would guees the point is that people would like to see Orton benched.

Just my two cents.

Northman
09-16-2011, 03:09 PM

Maybe.

But then again maybe you will have half of the "bench Orton" fans out of the picture and just the Tebownites left. For me, i dont care if its Quinn or Tebow. Im just done with Orton.

Jsteve01
09-16-2011, 03:10 PM
I am no rocket scientist, but I would guees the point is that people would like to see Orton benched.

Just my two cents.

very good deductive reasoning slim

Northman
09-16-2011, 03:10 PM

Just my two cents.

So whats with the rocket ship in your avy?

:laugh:

Jk

Clipworthy
09-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Brady Quinn sucks.

silkamilkamonico
09-16-2011, 03:15 PM
"Bench everyone" should be a slogan for this franchise until it actually figures out who its next franchise QB is.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2011, 03:17 PM

I think you have hit on something - We may not only have to endure "Bench Quinn" threads, but besides a start "Tebow Thread," there may be some who would want a "Bring Back Orton" thread, and maybe even a start "Weber Thread". The possibilities are endless.:eek:

Northman
09-16-2011, 03:18 PM
I think you have hit on something - We may not only have to endure "Bench Quinn" threads, but besides a start "Tebow Thread," there may be some who would want a "Bring Back Orton" thread, and maybe even a start "Weber Thread". The possibilities are endless.:eek:

I vote for the "Start Brian Griese" one.

BeefStew25
09-16-2011, 03:20 PM
I am going to start a Lynch McDaniels thread.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2011, 03:21 PM
I vote for the "Start Brian Griese" one.

Now ya got it - all kinds of possibilities - Griese does the games with Logan on KOA radio, and let's not forget #7 is at home/away games also. Heck, those would be two more threads that could be started.

Not making fun of you digitaljim, as you have a very legitimate point. Just having some fun.

BeefStew25
09-16-2011, 03:24 PM
I wonder if Jeff Garcia could come it and play better than Horton.

BigDaddyBronco
09-16-2011, 03:29 PM
I wonder if Jeff Garcia could come it and play better than Horton.

My guess is yeas. I think Garrard would be better. At least he is mobile.

BeefStew25
09-16-2011, 03:31 PM
That is why if our line still sucks, then TT should play.

slim
09-16-2011, 03:33 PM
I like how you bring up Jeff Garcia.

He was a notoriously bad practice player, but managed to play fairly well on Sundays.

Garrard only looked good when he played the Broncos.

BeefStew25
09-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Plus Garcia is gay, and sometimes I think Tebow is also.

BigDaddyBronco
09-16-2011, 03:34 PM

He was a notoriously bad practice player, but managed to play fairly well on Sundays.

Then if he played for the Broncos, he would perform every Sunday.

Err, maybe not.

slim
09-16-2011, 03:35 PM
I have wondered about that too (Tebow being gay, I mean).

Northman
09-16-2011, 03:35 PM

Thats what sort of gets me. If Jax thinks that McNown is better than Garrard and he hasnt played in i dont know how long, than why the hell are we sticking with Orton? :lol:

BigDaddyBronco
09-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Plus Garcia is gay, and sometimes I think Tebow is also.

But at least Tebow isn't hiding it with a trophy wife. He's just "married with the church" gay. Kinda like one of your priests.

BeefStew25
09-16-2011, 03:37 PM
I have wondered about that too (Tebow being gay, I mean).

Tubby and I had a chat about it. It is a possibility. Think of all the ass tossed his way.

BigDaddyBronco
09-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Thats what sort of gets me. If Jax thinks that McNown is better than Garrard and he hasnt played in i dont know how long, than why the hell are we sticking with Orton? :lol:

Jax at least figured out they were saving money by dumping Garrard. We tried to dump Orton on anyone to save money, but couldn't find any suckers.

slim
09-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Tubby and I had a chat about it. It is a possibility. Think of all the ass tossed his way.

Yeah, and there is just something about him that sets off my gadar. I can't put my finger on it, but something is amiss.

BeefStew25
09-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Yeah, and there is just something about him that sets off my gadar. I can't put my finger on it, but something is amiss.

He sometimes had that 500 yard eyes glazed over Freddie Mercury stare. Is that what you are talking about?

slim
09-16-2011, 03:44 PM
He sometimes had that 500 yard eyes glazed over Freddie Mercury stare. Is that what you are talking about?

Maybe that's it.

He also has a little bit of lisp or something that. It makes him sound a little like Elton John.

BeefStew25
09-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Maybe that's it.

He also has a little bit of lisp or something that. It makes him sound a little like Elton John.

The great ones are always mocked.

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Maybe.

But then again maybe you will have half of the "bench Orton" fans out of the picture and just the Tebownites left. For me, i dont care if its Quinn or Tebow. Im just done with Orton.

right there with ya brother

BORDERLINE
09-16-2011, 05:38 PM
None of these post would be up if let's say I don't know Orton actually put up W's...

If he would stop making dumb S*** comments like after a 3-10 year say I had a great year...

Stop getting sacked by a gust of wind...Look if Orton played with intensity instead of going out on the field and going through the motions I wouldn't say nada.

Orton to the Broncos is like Alex Smith to the Niners. He's safe he knows the offense but everyone in the stadium and in the locker room knows they can't win with him.

if Quinn got the chance I would him support until he gives me a reason not to. If he goes out and puts up TD's in the redzone and plays hard why do bench threads have to be put up.

The reason there is bench Orton threads is because of Orton's play (and because of some Gators fans)

HORSEPOWER 56
09-16-2011, 05:47 PM
My guess is yeas. I think Garrard would be better. At least he is mobile.

I'd much rather have Garrard over Orton. He never fails to kick our ass with no real weapons. Matt Jones, Mike Sims-Walker, Reggie Williams, these are the types if guys he's had on the outside. Sure Marcedes Lewis has finally (after a couple years) established himself as a top 5 TE, but that really didn't happen until last year (contract year, go figure). He never even got to play with Jimmy Smith.

Garrard could rejuvenate his career throwing to guys like Lloyd, Decker, and Royal and provide relief to a young O-line through his scrambling ability. You guys might laugh, but I attend several Jags games a year, and Garrard isn't anywhere near as bad as people make out. If I had a choice, I'd take Garrard over Orton every time.

WARHORSE
09-16-2011, 05:50 PM
The POINT digitaljim is that those watching the game this past monday know that theyve already seen this show, AND where it leads.

So they want Orton to be benched in order to find out what else we have on the roster at that position, cause this season, if the play is the same as this past monday night, is gonna go nowhere for the Denver Broncos.

Soooooo being that most of the fans here have a semblance of football intelligence, they know that if we must endure a losing season while supporting our team, then we MAY as well find out what we have on the roster so that in the offseason NEXT year, we can make clear decisions regarding the most important position on the team, rather than STILL be wondering what Tebow can do if given the a chance with the reins in his hands.

Besides.........dont you know that Elway and the boys frequent this board to find out what they should do next???

I thought everyone knew........:coffee:

;)

HORSEPOWER 56
09-16-2011, 05:57 PM

Because Garrard wasn't cut because of performance no matter what the Jags say. It was all about money. Garrard was going to make Orton-esque ($9 mil) this year and the Jags just drafted a top-10 pick QB, had a cheaper vet on the roster that was serviceable until Gabbert is ready, and Wayne Weaver is a cheap ******* (like Bowlen appears to be moving toward).

hamrob
09-16-2011, 07:38 PM
If Fox goes to Quinn before Tebow........and it doesn't work out.

Fox will be packing his bags!

CrazyHorse
09-17-2011, 02:06 AM
Quinn was just awesome in Cleveland! :barf:

Jsteve01
09-17-2011, 02:35 AM

really? do you think he gets fired after one season? Im pretty sure Elway would think better of that.

nflfan
09-17-2011, 03:30 AM
Because of the lockout, Fox hasn't had a lot of time to really evaluate the talent on the team. It's only now that he's getting an insider's look. That's probably why he isn't so quick to pull the trigger on anything. The irony is that he's the exact opposite of McDaniels, who did not properly evaluate the talent on his team, and just made wholesale changes that depleted the team of talent.

If he's a good coach, and sees that Tebow is better than Orton and Quinn, then Tebow will play. If he crumbles under the weight of expectations, and just gives in to the fans, then he doesn't deserve to be an NFL head coach.

I'm still not sold on him, but I respect him for sticking to his process.

Agent of Orange
09-17-2011, 07:17 AM

So, Fox is anti-Tebow. Good to know.

claymore
09-17-2011, 07:28 AM

I doubt he gets fired for following the Depth Chart. Besides, Elway hasnt been very complimentary on Tebows QB skills.

BroncoStud
09-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Tebow clearly outplayed Quinn for most of Preseason, I can't imagine that Quinn is really #2... That has never been confirmed anyway other than rampant media speculation.

Quinn looked AWFUL in that last game, hard to believe Fox would trot him out. Though that would make for some good comedy on the message boards, and if Quinn started the rest of the games for Denver we would surely be drafting Luck next year...

So put his ass in Fox.

tomjonesrocks
09-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Tebow clearly outplayed Quinn for most of Preseason, I can't imagine that Quinn is really #2... That has never been confirmed anyway other than rampant media speculation.

Quinn looked AWFUL in that last game, hard to believe Fox would trot him out. Though that would make for some good comedy on the message boards, and if Quinn started the rest of the games for Denver we would surely be drafting Luck next year...

So put his ass in Fox.

Quinn also looked razor-sharp and made throws the other two QBs on the roster simply can't make at other times in the preseason. The last preseason game was a debacle and pretty impossible to defend--but that was a pretty laughable o-line he was behind in that one. Tebow's stats look a lot better than his preseason play did IMO. Particularly that first preseason game where I thought he looked like dogshit but had great stats. Really misleading.

If it were Quinn instead of Tebow I really wouldn't have a problem with it. The team *did* give up Hillis for the guy. :tsk:

BroncoStud
09-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Quinn also looked razor-sharp and made throws the other two QBs on the roster simply can't make at other times in the preseason. The last preseason game was a debacle and pretty impossible to defend--but that was a pretty laughable o-line he was behind in that one. Tebow's stats look a lot better than his preseason play did IMO. Particularly that first preseason game where I thought he looked like dogshit but had great stats. Really misleading.

If it were Quinn instead of Tebow I really wouldn't have a problem with it. The team *did* give up Hillis for the guy. :tsk:

Hills and a draft pick for Quinn... :mad:

How f'ing inept were McDaniels and Xanders... :elefant:

Tned
09-17-2011, 11:43 AM
I doubt he gets fired for following the Depth Chart. Besides, Elway hasnt been very complimentary on Tebows QB skills.

I guess you missed the part where Quinn isn't ahead of Tebow on the depth chart - Co-No 2's and all?

Tned
09-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Hills and a draft pick for Quinn... :mad:

How f'ing inept were McDaniels and Xanders... :elefant:

You guys keep forgetting it was Hillis and TWO draft picks for Quinn. We still owe them a conditional pick in 2012. We haven't finished paying for Quinn yet.

BroncoStud
09-17-2011, 11:45 AM
You guys keep forgetting it was Hillis and TWO draft picks for Quinn. We still owe them a conditional pick in 2012. We haven't finished paying for Quinn yet.

You're right, ironcially, Quinn may not be on the roster next year and we will still be paying for him... :elefant:

How did Xanders keep his job again?

Northman
09-17-2011, 12:15 PM

Actually, this post makes no sense.

Quinn played with the same Oline in the 4th preseason game that he played with in the first 3. Nothing changed there he just showed exactly what he showed in his 3 year career so far, that he is inconsistent.

Tned
09-17-2011, 12:17 PM
You're right, ironcially, Quinn may not be on the roster next year and we will still be paying for him... :elefant:

How did Xanders keep his job again?

Probably because McDaniels made that trade. Pretty simple conclusion, don't you think?

claymore
09-17-2011, 01:07 PM
I guess you missed the part where Quinn isn't ahead of Tebow on the depth chart - Co-No 2's and all?

I guess you missed the reports that if Orton goes out, Quin is his replacement.

BroncoStud
09-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Probably because McDaniels made that trade. Pretty simple conclusion, don't you think?

No, who is to say what role Xanders had in that trade. It's not like McDaniels was sitting in on that interview with Elway and Xanders at Elway's house.

Tned
09-17-2011, 04:10 PM
I guess you missed the reports that if Orton goes out, Quin is his replacement.

You mean the speculation?

claymore
09-17-2011, 04:15 PM
You mean the speculation?

I have no idea if it was speculation or direct from Fox to ESPN. It wasnt disputed by the Broncos, I know that.

Tned
09-17-2011, 04:19 PM
I have no idea if it was speculation or direct from Fox to ESPN. It wasnt disputed by the Broncos, I know that.

You also know the Broncos have confirmed or denied virtually nothing concerning the QB situation.

Did Tebow TP your house when he was in high school or something?

chazoe60
09-17-2011, 06:07 PM
I didn't know where to put this thought and I didn't want to start another thread because I know people are getting sick of QB threads. So here it is.

I am getting so sick of the national media not having a clue WTF is going on with Denver. Here's what I hear all the time on national talk shows. "What are Denver fans thinking? They have a very good QB in Orton why do they want Tebow." now, other than completely being wrong by calling Orton "very good" O don't totally hate that thought in itself, but.....

With the very next breath these same idiot commentators say "This is the year Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler etc... Have to show us something". What? I have heard this all offseason. Not so much since the season started, not about Flacco or Cutler Anyway, but I heard a ton of it this week about Matt Ryan.

So let me get this straight, Bronco fans should be happy with Kyle Orton but Falcons fans should be Telling Matt Ryan it's time for him to show them something?

This just goes to show how little these people understand about what's going on in Denver. They aren't Bronco fans so they look and see a bad team with a QB who has thrown for 3000+ yards and they say "at least your QB is good" and they don't pay enouvh attention to notice that part of our poor record can be directly attributed to a QB who can't get it fone with the game on the line, a QB that no defensive coordinators in the league fear at all and thus blitz and stack the box on us so much we can't function.

Seriously, do these national twits even watch Bronco games?

Agent of Orange
09-17-2011, 06:13 PM
I didn't know where to put this thought and I didn't want to start another thread because I know people are getting sick of QB threads. So here it is.

I am getting so sick of the national media not having a clue WTF is going on with Denver. Here's what I hear all the time on national talk shows. "What are Denver fans thinking? They have a very good QB in Orton why do they want Tebow." now, other than completely being wrong by calling Orton "very good" O don't totally hate that thought in itself, but.....

With the very next breath these same idiot commentators say "This is the year Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler etc... Have to show us something". What? I have heard this all offseason. Not so much since the season started, not about Flacco or Cutler Anyway, but I heard a ton of it this week about Matt Ryan.

So let me get this straight, Bronco fans should be happy with Kyle Orton but Falcons fans should be Telling Matt Ryan it's time for him to show them something?

This just goes to show how little these people understand about what's going on in Denver. They aren't Bronco fans so they look and see a bad team with a QB who has thrown for 3000+ yards and they say "at least your QB is good" and they don't pay enouvh attention to notice that part of our poor record can be directly attributed to a QB who can't get it fone with the game on the line, a QB that no defensive coordinators in the league fear at all and thus blitz and stack the box on us so much we can't function.

You could look at it like ESPN spent so much time trying to poison people agaisnt Tebow and now that they see it hasnt worked in Denver to the degree they were expecting, they're going to be condascending or try to act mystified.

Lancane
09-17-2011, 06:18 PM

Some, but not enough...they're reading the stat sheets and it's the basis of their opinions. Denver has rarely been favored by the media powerhouses such as ESPN and Fox Sports, even the NFLN is somewhat bias. Even with all that Denver retains a huge fan base, I think people would be surprised by just how large it is, when I was in Tokyo and Kyoto Japan I met several fans wearing Broncos' gear, one high school had a school club dedicated to the Broncos, I also know there is a fan club in Berlin, Germany that's rather large as well. So we could arguably say the fans are more in tuned with the issues of the team then the national media.

chazoe60
09-17-2011, 06:23 PM
The main point I wanted to make was that I am sick of being told we as Bronco fans are dumb for demanding more than Orton and other fanbases such as the Bears, Falcons, and Ravens should start demanding more from their starters. WTF? Really?

It's just annoying.

Lancane
09-17-2011, 06:30 PM
The main point I wanted to make was that I am sick of being told we as Bronco fans are dumb for demanding more than Orton and other fanbases such as the Bears, Falcons, and Ravens should start demanding more from their starters. WTF? Really?

It's just annoying.

It's because for the longest time we had no reason to complain, after all from 1977 through 2007, no AFC team had won more games then the Broncos. And from 1984 through 1998 we were continually considered a team to beat. But McDaniels changed that, since then we've become one of the worst teams in the league and we as fans are not use to it, so people love to use it to talk shit. But I guarantee we're not the only fan base that is doing such, others just tend to overlook the fact.

scott.475
09-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Chaz, not saying I didn't hear that before the season started, but over the last week, since our loss, I heard several guys saying "Orton is a good back up, that is about it". I don't remember who all they were now, but I heard 3 or 4 guys say the same thing, so maybe opinion is turning. A guy like him can only be defended for so long before things start to break the other way.

Reidman
09-17-2011, 06:48 PM

Wow...this is highly depressing...

Lancane
09-17-2011, 07:36 PM

That's no shit, as I said in another thread, McDaniels may be gone but he still F'ng the Broncos over!

:tsk:

scott.475
09-17-2011, 07:38 PM

Yeah. McDaniels lubed us up and threw us into the prison shower with our hands chained to a pipe...what a jerk!