PDA

View Full Version : Blame Ted Sundquist

Dreadnought
12-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Here is the place for us to blame Ted Sundquist for past, present, and future problems. Our pre 2006 draft woes are legendary, but it shouldn't stop with blaming him for wasting a 3rd round pick on Clarett. Or a first on Lelie. Or useless George Foster. Or some of the dodgy free agent aquisitions we made. Hanging the problems on Shanahan looks less plausible now, too, because of our dramatic turnaround with acquiring quality ballplayers since then. I'll even blame him for BroncoJoe's hair loss, Timmy!'s breakup, the stock market crash, and my recent sprained ankle.

Discuss among yourselves...

claymore
12-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Here is the place for us to blame Ted Sundquist for past, present, and future problems. Our pre 2006 draft woes are legendary, but it shouldn't stop with blaming him for wasting a 3rd round pick on Clarett. Or a first on Lelie. Or useless George Foster. Or some of the dodgy free agent aquisitions we made. Hanging the problems on Shanahan looks less plausible now, too, because of our dramatic turnaround with acquiring quality ballplayers since then. I'll even blame him for BroncoJoe's hair loss, Timmy!'s breakup, the stock market crash, and my recent sprained ankle.

I blame Ted Sundquist for aquiring Mike Leach, and pushing Frau down in the parking lot a couple months ago.

shank
12-10-2008, 11:42 AM
the funny thing is that sundquist now has enough free time that he'll probably read this thread.

Day1BroncoFan
12-10-2008, 11:45 AM
If he's reading this thread then I want to say that I'm glad he is gone.

Dreadnought
12-10-2008, 11:46 AM
the funny thing is that sundquist now has enough free time that he'll probably read this thread.

No - he's a busy man these days, cranking out 3rd rate analysis for Florio's site :coffee:

claymore
12-10-2008, 11:47 AM
No - he's a busy man these days, cranking out 3rd rate analysis for Florio's site :coffee:

All I know is if he was good he would have had a job with several other teams.....

Fan in Exile
12-10-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm totally willing to blame Ted, and I wish there was some way to keep people from referring to him as the former GM of the Denver Broncos. It brings up too many bad memories.

haroldthebarrel
12-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Damn swedes.

I said it then and I say it now. It was obvious we got rid of that sucker two years late.
Shanahan has loyalty to a fault, but I think that split was pretty bad.
As it should have been.

claymore
12-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Damn swedes.

I said it then and I say it now. It was obvious we got rid of that sucker two years late.
As it should have been.

It took Jarvis Moss And Bates to bring down Sundquist.

Buff
12-10-2008, 11:55 AM
I think it's obvious some of Sundquist's decisions led to the recession we are currently in. He is directly tied to my company's salary freeze as well. He's like the anti-Chuck Norris.

Dreadnought
12-10-2008, 11:55 AM
All I know is if he was good he would have had a job with several other teams.....

Good point. Even the Lions and Raiders expressed no interest.

"Dear Mr. Sundquist;

Thank you for your interest in the position of Director of Player Personnel for the Detroit Lions Football Club. At this time we regret to inform you that we have decided to move in another direction. It is our sincere desire and our commitment to our fans that we reestablish the kind of winning tradition seen here during the tenure of Doak Walker and Bobby Layne. As such, your resume does not indicate any actual experience with the assessment of young football talent likely to find success in the National Football League.

Good luck in your future endeavours. As a courtesy we will forward your resume to Al Davis, who would only need you to rubberstamp his own decisions. I'm sure you will agree that this would be an ideal position for a man of your qualifications. As an additional suggestion, Mike Brown might be able to employ a man of your talents.

Sincerely, etc."

haroldthebarrel
12-10-2008, 11:56 AM
It took Jarvis Moss And Bates to bring down Sundquist.

I think it happened the year before. The year we got Darrent was the first good year we had drafted since the nineties.
I dont think drafting Moss was a bad idea, but it showed total incompetence to trade up for him, and that is what lingers the most.
Then, I could be wrong of course. Still, the Goodmans for a change actually know what they are doing, so I wont be annoyed that my mock drafts are better than Sundquists.

Dreadnought
12-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Damn swedes.

As it should have been.

Post Reported - insulting to Swedes :mad:. I have no doubt Sundquist is actually a Norwegian who changed his name anyway.

haroldthebarrel
12-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Talking about Sundquist makes me angry!

That fool tried his best to defend all his picks. Even though the proof was in the pudding.
He took no responsibility what so ever, and I hear people who had been around him say his ego is bigger than Portis'.

haroldthebarrel
12-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Post Reported - insulting to Swedes :mad:. I have no doubt Sundquist is actually a Norwegian who changed his name anyway.

Force me to be nice against swedes and you force me to leave this site.

The Swedes wouldnt help us against the germans, their ancestry ruins my favorite team, and they are an arrogant pile of ..............!
And I am only half joking to:confused:

Knut Rockne >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ted Sundquist;)

claymore
12-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Force me to be nice against swedes and you force me to leave this site.

The Swedes wouldnt help us against the germans, their ancestry ruins my favorite team, and they are an arrogant pile of ..............!
And I am only half joking to:confused:

Knut Rockne >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ted Sundquist;)

Knut Rockne was a flop. :eek:

NightTrainLayne
12-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Ted Sundquist has been advising Illinois Gov. Blojevich! (sp?)

claymore
12-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Ted Sundquist has been advising Illinois Gov. Blojevich! (sp?)

Ouch......

frauschieze
12-10-2008, 12:13 PM
I blame Ted Sundquist for aquiring Mike Leach, and pushing Frau down in the parking lot a couple months ago.

Keep it up, mister, and I'll trade you for Ted! :eek:

BroncoJoe
12-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Ted was the reason I was pulling my hair out.

CoachChaz
12-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I made a decision a while back to screw one chick for every dumb decision Ted made. I'm still trying to catch up

Dreadnought
12-10-2008, 12:19 PM

Hey, aren't you a Norwegian too? Just like Sundquist?

claymore
12-10-2008, 12:21 PM

Et tu brutus.......:faint:

broncofaninfla
12-10-2008, 12:22 PM
The new talent has defintely improved since Ted was told to hit the road. One more draft like last one and we will be able to feild a team that has a chance of dominating.

frauschieze
12-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Hey, aren't you a Norwegian too? Just like Sundquist?

I am Norwegian. Are you drawing parallels here? Do you really feel that gutsy today?

frauschieze
12-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Et tu brutus.......:faint:

Well, I can't help it if Leach was one of the few good FA acquisitions Sundquist ever made. I won't be defending him for any others.

BroncoJoe
12-10-2008, 12:27 PM
I am Norwegian. Are you drawing parallels here? Do you really feel that gutsy today?

Damn straight. You better back off, Clay. Cheese is winding up for a swift kick in the nuts.

claymore
12-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Well, I can't help it if Leach was one of the few good FA acquisitions Sundquist ever made. I won't be defending him for any others.

He does contribute more than Champ Bailey, I will admit that.

Superchop 7
12-10-2008, 12:36 PM
What I blame him for was for flying his middle finger in the face of conventional wisdom.

Everybody has us picking up Ed Reed.......do we ? No

Everybody knows we will pick Stephen Jackson.....do we ? No.

Our first round was the laughing stock of the league.

Just for something fun to do, he would make moves with the Browns.

Never understood that.

Now, as far as the "person" goes.

I think that is why he was around so long.

He is a very good human being.

I'll give him that.

NightTrainLayne
12-10-2008, 12:37 PM

lmao. Man, when you get behind an argument you are tenacious!

Dreadnought
12-10-2008, 12:39 PM

:tsk:

G_Money
12-10-2008, 01:42 PM
People call the D-Will draft a good draft, and I’ve yet to figure out why.

We drafted 3 corners. One of them would probably still be with the team but as of FA coming next year two of them (Foxy and Paymah) are not gonna be. Certainly not in helpful roles.

Then came the genius move of Clarett over Barber 3, Sproles and Jacobs.

Myers and Ernster you can’t really place blame on. 6th and 7th rounders normally aren’t as ridiculously talented as guys like Barrett. Our late round work this year seems to have been marvelous (must…get over…bitterness…about Williams and Torain…)

But drafting 3 corners in the hopes to get one (we already had Champ, remember – it’s not like there were multiple corner openings to fill) is stupidity.

2004 wasn’t a tremendous draft class in general, but there were other need positions than corner to address, and burning 3 picks on that and another on Clarett just irks me.

When you trust in what you’re doing you go after specific talent and believe they will fill those needs. When you’re just fumbling around in the dark you draft a bunch of guys who play the same position and hope for the best.

See 05, and to a lesser extent 07.

We may be drafting a bunch of DL again, but I would hope this year that we would have a plan with it, and aren’t just firing arrows in the dark hoping to hit an arrow on a dude’s head.

Cuz that dude, ie ME, said “OW!” a whole helluva lot the last few times we’ve done that.

Thank God Sundquist is gone. I can enjoy the whole offseason now.

Well, maybe not the FA part still… :tsk:

~G

dogfish
12-11-2008, 07:00 AM
ted sundquist forced slick to leave the country

ted sundquist made me and timmy! into drunkards

ted sundquist chose the white background for broncomania

ted sundquist is the reason MO can't get laid

ted sundquist is responsible for the hole in the ozone layer

ted sundquist is why cswil is angry

ted sundquist taught clay how to spell

ted sundquist ruined TD's knee

ted sundquist is to blame for our playoff loss to jacksonville in '96

ted sundquist made JR hate shanahan

ted sundquist took away DC's internet access at work

ted sundquist shot JFK

gas prices went up twenty cents every time ted sundquist made a draft pick

ted sundquist is why KCL is ashamed to admit she's a broncos fan

ted sundquist caused the failure of the big three

ted sundquist has less talent than the backstreet boys

ted sundquist made boss leave the forum

ted sundquist has a matt millen poster over his bed

ted sundquist is a bigger hack than all the hacks in hoes' hack thread combined

other than that, he's a perfectly good guy. . . .

Northman
12-11-2008, 10:28 AM

To this day i am still so pissed about that pick. I kept saying to myself before that draft there is no way we would draft that guy and low and behold we did. :mad:

Dreadnought
12-11-2008, 10:37 AM
To this day i am still so pissed about that pick. I kept saying to myself before that draft there is no way we would draft that guy and low and behold we did. :mad:

Well at least he made up for it by....ummm...wait a minute, it'll come to me...dang.

I'm sure he was always kind to his mother.

claymore
12-11-2008, 10:40 AM
I blame Sundquist for DJ williams when S Jackson was on the board.

Northman
12-11-2008, 11:10 AM
I blame Sundquist for DJ williams when S Jackson was on the board.

Who's DJ Williams? :D

claymore
12-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Who's DJ Williams? :D

D.J. Williams, is an American football linebacker for the Denver Broncos of the National Football League.

source........ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._J._Williams

Slick
12-11-2008, 12:04 PM
What I blame him for was for flying his middle finger in the face of conventional wisdom.

Everybody has us picking up Ed Reed.......do we ? No

Everybody knows we will pick Stephen Jackson.....do we ? No.

Our first round was the laughing stock of the league.

Just for something fun to do, he would make moves with the Browns.

Never understood that.

Now, as far as the "person" goes.

I think that is why he was around so long.

He is a very good human being.

I'll give him that.

Every time Ed Reed makes a play I just shake my head. I was screaming at the TV during that pick. "Take Ed Reed guys!!!" When we took Lelie I said to myself, "Well, I guess they know more than I do."

Same thing went for John Mobley over Ray Lewis, although I'm not sure if Ted was around then or not.

I don't wish the guy ill will, but I'm glad he's not around.

Medford Bronco
12-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Every time Ed Reed makes a play I just shake my head. I was screaming at the TV during that pick. "Take Ed Reed guys!!!" When we took Lelie I said to myself, "Well, I guess they know more than I do."

Same thing went for John Mobley over Ray Lewis, although I'm not sure if Ted was around then or not.

I don't wish the guy ill will, but I'm glad he's not around.

At least John Mobley got injured and it was not his fault for that happening.

He was a good MLB, not Lewis mind you but good to play on our
2 Super Bowl teams.

Slick
12-11-2008, 12:12 PM
At least John Mobley got injured and it was not his fault for that happening.

He was a good MLB, not Lewis mind you but good to play on our
2 Super Bowl teams.

Absolutely Med...Mobley was far from a bum, and I even bought his jesey, but I'd have still went with Lewis.

Dreadnought
12-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Absolutely Med...Mobley was far from a bum, and I even bought his jesey, but I'd have still went with Lewis.

Not me. Murdering Ray is scum. Mobley cinched our first Superbowl win by knocking down Favre's 4th down pass. He doesn't need to have ever done anything else.

claymore
12-11-2008, 12:25 PM
I blame Ted Sundquist for Dreads Infantile penis disorder.

Northman
12-11-2008, 12:26 PM
I like Ray lewis, whether or not he was involved (personally) in the murders in Atl i'll never know. But, you cant deny what the guy has done on the field as he is a dominant LB. But i like some of others didnt mind Mobley at all. I wish we had him now. But i am pissed about the Reed issue.

claymore
12-11-2008, 12:27 PM
I like Ray lewis, whether or not he was involved (personally) in the murders in Atl i'll never know. But, you cant deny what the guy has done on the field as he is a dominant LB. But i like some of others didnt mind Mobley at all. I wish we had him now. But i am pissed about the Reed issue.

Ray Lewis isnt a cancer.

Dreadnought
12-11-2008, 12:28 PM
I blame Ted Sundquist for Dreads Infantile penis disorder.

I blame Claymore's unhealthy obsession with drafting so-called "stud" RB's for the Maurice Clarett pick. Sundquist was trying to appease he and Coach Chaz, and look where it got us....

claymore
12-11-2008, 12:32 PM

I blame Claymore's unhealthy obsession with drafting so-called "stud" RB's for the Maurice Clarett pick. Sundquist was trying to appease he and Coach Chaz, and look where it got us....

Bring Clarett into this isnt going to make your Donger any bigger dread. Lets not get petty here. :D

Dreadnought
12-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Bring Clarett into this isnt going to make your Donger any bigger dread. Lets not get petty here. :D

In the same way that trying to discuss my wedding tackle won't make you any more right about running backs :salute:

claymore
12-11-2008, 12:36 PM
In the same way that trying to discuss my wedding tackle won't make you any more right about running backs :salute:

Thats a great term for the Donger..... Wedding tackle. I like it.

I was just kidding. you probably have a tyranasauraus rex penis.

Dreadnought
12-11-2008, 12:39 PM

I won't discuss that topic here outside the lounge - and actually not there either. I will mention in passing that I wear a size 13 shoe. Take that for what its worth. Some say thats an old wive's tale anyway.

Wedding Tackle is an old classic, and a favorite of mine because you can even use it in more or less polite company.

Slick
12-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Not me. Murdering Ray is scum. Mobley cinched our first Superbowl win by knocking down Favre's 4th down pass. He doesn't need to have ever done anything else.

A play that lives on forever, and I love Mobley for that. I had tears in my eyes at that moment.

I agree that Ray is no angel, and maybe he did have something to do with that murder in Atlanta, but none of us knows for sure. I'm just using his on the field abilities for an example.

I don't need players on my favorite team to be model citizens. I can pass out turkeys on Thanksgiving, I can volunteer my time at a camp for children with diabetes, I can take time to go to an assisted living facility and play bingo with my elders.

I like my linebackers mean and nasty.

Dreadnought
12-11-2008, 12:50 PM
A play that lives on forever, and I love Mobley for that. I had tears in my eyes at that moment.

I agree that Ray is no angel, and maybe he did have something to do with that murder in Atlanta, but none of us knows for sure. I'm just using his on the field abilities for an example.

I don't need players on my favorite team to be model citizens. I can pass out turkeys on Thanksgiving, I can volunteer my time at a camp for children with diabetes, I can take time to go to an assisted living facility and play bingo with my elders.

I like my linebackers mean and nasty.

Ray-Ray may not have personally shanked that guy, but if not he sure knows who did.

I want to root for players I can like as human beings. Let the Cowboys and Raiders have the scum.

Northman
12-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Ray-Ray may not have personally shanked that guy, but if not he sure knows who did.

Thats my belief as well. But, i dont think he was involved in the actual murder. Never the less, the guy has stayed out of trouble since and is a huge impact on that Ravens team.

Slick
12-11-2008, 01:00 PM

I want to root for players I can like as human beings. Let the Cowboys and Raiders have the scum.

I never followed the case much, but you're probably right.

Ted still sucked. I'm sure we can agree on that. ;)

claymore
12-11-2008, 01:06 PM
I blame Ted for the guy who got stabbed at the club that night.

Dreadnought
12-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Thats my belief as well. But, i dont think he was involved in the actual murder. Never the less, the guy has stayed out of trouble since and is a huge impact on that Ravens team.

One last note on that and then I'll go back to happily slagging on Sundquist :D

Who among that group of buddies is the only one with enough money to buy everyone's silence? Circumstantial? Yes. Enough to convict? No. Enough to make me think the odds are pretty good that Lewis was the killer? It inclines me to think so. Only a few men know for sure, and they all clammed up.

claymore
12-11-2008, 01:34 PM
One last note on that and then I'll go back to happily slagging on Sundquist :D

Who among that group of buddies is the only one with enough money to buy everyone's silence? Circumstantial? Yes. Enough to convict? No. Enough to make me think the odds are pretty good that Lewis was the killer? It inclines me to think so. Only a few men know for sure, and they all clammed up.

Real gangsters never talk. Ask Thnikka... there are songs about it.

Fan in Exile
12-11-2008, 01:34 PM
I blame Ted for our loss to the Rayduhs, if it weren't for him we could have a real defense.

Fan in Exile
12-11-2008, 01:36 PM

So they don't talk but they sing. :confused: Real Gangsters seem pretty gay to me then.

Dreadnought
12-11-2008, 01:41 PM

Agreed. Thnik is a straight up gangsta and would know about those things after all.

claymore
12-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Agreed. Thnik is a straight up gangsta and would know about those things after all.

For all we know, he could have been the dude that stabbed him, and Ray might be in HIS possee....

BigDaddyBronco
12-11-2008, 02:00 PM
This is why I hate Sundquist. Worst draft ever.

2003 - Denver Broncos
Rd Sel # Player Position School
1 20 George Foster T Georgia
2 51 Terry Pierce LB Kansas State
4 108 Quentin Griffin RB Oklahoma
4 114 Nick Eason DT Clemson
4 128 Bryant McNeal DE Clemson
5 157 Ben Claxton C Mississippi
5 158 Adrian Madise WR Texas Christian
6 194 Aaron Hunt -- Texas Tech
7 227 Clint Mitchell DE Florida
7 235 Ahmaad Galloway RB Alabama

Dreadnought
12-11-2008, 02:01 PM

2003 - Denver Broncos

Good call. A perfect O-fer

claymore
12-11-2008, 02:11 PM
I blame Sundquist for MO's Dryspell.

Northman
12-11-2008, 02:13 PM

2003 - Denver Broncos

Oh Lord, could you imagine having those picks this YEAR? :mad:

Sundquinst is the devil. :tsk:

Dreadnought
12-11-2008, 02:25 PM
I blame Sundquist for MO's Dryspell.

Thats not true. Its the one thing even Ted isn't responsible for. Nobody has an answer to that one Clay.

MOtorboat
12-11-2008, 02:30 PM
That draft did suck, but we definitely needed a LT, and here were our choices:
George Foster
Kwame Harris
Jonathan Stinchcomb
Wayne Hunter
Seth Wand
Wade Smith
Courtney Van Buren

Lonestar
12-11-2008, 02:54 PM
I have not but dread comments here..

If anyone wants to hang this all on TED..

bovine excrement..

There is no sane person on this forum that believes fro one minute that mikeys did not sanction each and every move made while ted was here.. Nothing gets done on this team without mikeys approval.. NOTHING..

Mikey is a micro manager everyone knows that.. Anyone that does not has not been a fan long..

"In business management, micromanagement is a management style where a manager closely observes or controls the work of his or her subordinates or
employees. Micromanagement is generally used as a negative term."

Webster's Dictionary defines micromanage as: "to manage with great or excessive control, or attention to details".[3]

Dictionary.com defines micromanage as: "to manage or control with excessive attention to minor details".[4]

Encarta on line dictionary defines micromanage as: "attend to small details in management: to control a person or a situation by paying extreme attention to small details".[5]

Micromanagement was defined by Michael Scott on The Office (a satirical comedy) as "management on a more personal level," also known as 'micromanagement.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micromanagement

That said while Ted may have been the "GM" he was not solely responsible for making deal or personnel decisions.. Which means while the scouting department might be under his umbrella he was not the only one in the hiring or evaluation process.

It was well known that mikey would obsess about certain players ashley was one of them as was delta.. great talented college players that frankly did not make it on the next level because they were head cases.. in Ashely's case thought he could do it on talent alone did not have to work at it like say a Rod did..

IN 2006 when they brought in or promoted Goodman this was when some one got into mikeys ear or he finally figured out he needs to listen to his scouts and coaches instead of reaching for guys that could be had later....

I repeat while Ted was here is was not making final decisions on players or other personnel, anyone that believes he was, is certanily wrong.. IMO

claymore
12-11-2008, 02:57 PM
I dont know about Deltha Oneal, but Ashlie Lelie was Bowlens pet. It was Bowlen that wanted Lelie over javon walker.

Lonestar
12-11-2008, 03:15 PM
I dont know about Deltha Oneal, but Ashlie Lelie was Bowlens pet. It was Bowlen that wanted Lelie over javon walker.

I did not know that, I did not think Pat got involved in the draft other than to be there..

I thought his biggest contribution to the draft, was his statement last year we were going to rebuild this team via the draft and not High priced FAs..

But then I'm not in DEN or have access to the local channels that have more of this stuff..

Delta was a great athlete no doubt about it.. but he had not played CB long enough for folks to find out he did not have RAM, everything when to hard drive and he could not forget the last play whether it was great or lousy.. and because of that often made a spectacular play and and then the very next play gave it all back..

When mikey wanted to make him a WR I thought it was as brilliant move.. he would have made a tremendous slot guy.. get him the ball in space and he could put his returner skills to work.

BTW I saw ashley a couple of times when he came to town Playing UTEP the last time IIRC he accounted for like 250 yards offense and 3-4 TD's. He was a man above boys in the WAC.. But that did not translate into the pros.. When he was drafted I had wanted Javon, but then beleived the spew that mikey said about him being a day one starter..

FWIW that was the last lie I swallowed hook line and sniker from mickey

claymore
12-11-2008, 03:21 PM
I did not know that, I did not think Pat got involved in the draft other than to be there..

I thought his biggest contribution to the draft, was his statement last year we were going to rebuild this team via the draft and not High priced FAs..

But then I'm not in DEN or have access to the local channels that have more of this stuff..

Delta was a great athlete no doubt about it.. but he had not played CB long enough for folks to find out he did not have RAM, everything when to hard drive and he could not forget the last play whether it was great or lousy.. and because of that often made a spectacular play and and then the very next play gave it all back..

When mikey wanted to make him a WR I thought it was as brilliant move.. he would have made a tremendous slot guy.. get him the ball in space and he could put his returner skills to work.

BTW I saw ashley a couple of times when he came to town Playing UTEP the last time IIRC he accounted for like 250 yards offense and 3-4 TD's. He was a man above boys in the WAC.. But that did not translate into the pros.. When he was drafted I had wanted Javon but then beleive the spew that mikey said about him being a day one starter..

In Oneals Defense He had a real good couple years in Cincinappy. His problem could have been a coaching issue.

If Shannahan sheds any blame on the issue, its that he let this clown stick around to long. Shannahan only has time to read reports his staff writes, I dont believe that he is involved with the scouting very much other than looking at the finished product. I cant blame him for anything other than not firing Ted sooner.

Lonestar
12-11-2008, 03:41 PM
In Oneals Defense He had a real good couple years in Cincinappy. His problem could have been a coaching issue.

If Shannahan sheds any blame on the issue, its that he let this clown stick around to long. Shannahan only has time to read reports his staff writes, I dont believe that he is involved with the scouting very much other than looking at the finished product. I cant blame him for anything other than not firing Ted sooner.

Y'all can hate Ted all you want I could care less..

But I think mikey has spent more time on the scouting area that anyone wants to think about and perhaps did not listen to the coaches Evals on the kids or if he did those coaches should have been fired.. Or he saw something in some of these duds that no one else did..

Y'all have to remember that mikey has been called the mastermind for his teams going into the Superbowl and the one really important piece was a 6th round RB that turned out to be all world. mikey IMO has been looking to repeat that find each and every year since.. might just have done so in this last draft with the mother lode.. Larsen, Woodyard, Hillis, Barrett, Clady, Royale, Powell, Torain and Lichtensteiger.. each and everyone of them could be a starter down the road..

Hey I always thought Ted was nothing but mikeys gofer, so his leaving was IMO just a cost cutting thingy.. one can hire a temp to get coffee...

I liked the guy and think he learned alot about football from being next o mikey, but no one will ever convince me he made the decisions on players.. Mikey just is not like that..

Our getting better at the draft is most likely Goodman's influence on who to pick.. IIRC he got a promotion just before the 2006 draft.

Gimpygod
12-11-2008, 03:43 PM

This post just made me think of something: what do I (Gimpygod) and Tyrannosaurus rex have in common? Both can't reach our junk.:tsk: Moral of the story: Sundquist isn't responsible for every crappy thing in the universe. If he is responsible for my predicament, however, I will be organizing a lynch mob/potluck dinnerfor anyone interested.:welcome:

CrazyHorse
12-11-2008, 03:47 PM
I won't discuss that topic here outside the lounge - and actually not there either. I will mention in passing that I wear a size 13 shoe. Take that for what its worth. Some say thats an old wive's tale anyway.

Wedding Tackle is an old classic, and a favorite of mine because you can even use it in more or less polite company.

Shoe size and height have little correlation to male endowment. For example Ron Jeremy is 5'6". For all we know MO is bigger than all of us!

Slick
12-11-2008, 03:50 PM
I don't think anyone's trying to say Shanahan is completely off the hook here, but he obviously listens to his GM, and he got bad advice from Ted.

LordTrychon
12-11-2008, 03:54 PM
I got a little bit of heartburn earlier...

DAMN YOU SUNDQUIST!

claymore
12-11-2008, 03:55 PM
This post just made me think of something: what do I (Gimpygod) and Tyrannosaurus rex have in common? Both can't reach our junk.:tsk: Moral of the story: Sundquist isn't responsible for every crappy thing in the universe. If he is responsible for my predicament, however, I will be organizing a lynch mob/potluck dinnerfor anyone interested.:welcome:

I would be a part of that lynching buddy.

CrazyHorse
12-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Speaking of Lynches didn't Ted Sundquist get John Lynch for us?

Lonestar
12-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Speaking of Lynches didn't Ted Sundquist get John Lynch for us?

I believe that Ted was a gofer and did indeed have conversations with other GM about personnel.. but not for minute did he make the final decisions..

I think John came to us while he was in office and might have had some part in it, but again mikey signed the contract with him..

I can assure you that John did not come to town and just talk with Ted, mikey and staff were all available to chat/wow him.

Fan in Exile
12-11-2008, 04:06 PM
I believe that Ted was a gofer and did indeed have conversations with other GM about personnel.. but not for minute did he make the final decisions..

I think John came to us while he was in office and might have had some part in it, but again mikey signed the contract with him..

I can assure you that John did not come to town and just talk with Ted, mikey and staff were all available to chat/wow him.

See you took a perfectly good let's hate on Ted thread and hijacked it with your hatred of Shanny. What a freaking wet blanket.

CrazyHorse
12-11-2008, 04:09 PM

Ultimately Shanny has the final say so he shares partial blame with Sundquist. Shanny is a good coach but isn't always great at evaluating talent. This is especially true on the defensive side of the ball.

CrazyHorse
12-11-2008, 04:13 PM
See you took a perfectly good let's hate on Ted thread and hijacked it with your hatred of Shanny. What a freaking wet blanket.

I don't think he necessarily hates Shanahan, just that he should stick to what he does best. That is coaching the offense and not personnel decisions. At least that is how I feel.

OMorange&blue
12-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Y'all can hate Ted all you want I could care less..

But I think mikey has spent more time on the scouting area that anyone wants to think about and perhaps did not listen to the coaches Evals on the kids or if he did those coaches should have been fired.. Or he saw something in some of these duds that no one else did..

Y'all have to remember that mikey has been called the mastermind for his teams going into the Superbowl and the one really important piece was a 6th round RB that turned out to be all world. mikey IMO has been looking to repeat that find each and every year since.. might just have done so in this last draft with the mother lode.. Larsen, Woodyard, Hillis, Barrett, Clady, Royale, Powell, Torain and Lichtensteiger.. each and everyone of them could be a starter down the road..

Hey I always thought Ted was nothing but mikeys gofer, so his leaving was IMO just a cost cutting thingy.. one can hire a temp to get coffee...

I liked the guy and think he learned alot about football from being next o mikey, but no one will ever convince me he made the decisions on players.. Mikey just is not like that..

Our getting better at the draft is most likely Goodman's influence on who to pick.. IIRC he got a promotion just before the 2006 draft.

Wait, so 2002-2005 wasn't Ted, it was Mike, but 2006-2008 wasn't Mike, it was Goodman? Really?

Lonestar
12-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Ultimately Shanny has the final say so he shares partial blame with Sundquist. Shanny is a good coach but isn't always great at evaluating talent. This is especially true on the defensive side of the ball.

Yep you got it while ted was in the loop mikey had the final say. Ans double got it on not being great at evaluating talent or those who gave them the advise or scouting gave mikey the bad data..

that seemed to change with Goodman lets hope he is as good this year as last year..

Lonestar
12-11-2008, 05:00 PM

because Ted was not to blame.

While I never liked the guy, he did not sign pay checks, he did not hire folks other than perhaps some office staff, he did not make personnel decisions with out them being signed off by the VP of Football operations MIKEY.. he was mikeys gofer..

Was Ted in on some of the decisions absolutely did he ever make a deal with out mikey absolutely not..

See my definition of micro manager=mikey..

as I've said before feel free not to read my posts.. I do not get paid for circulation..

Lonestar
12-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Wait, so 2002-2005 wasn't Ted, it was Mike, but 2006-2008 wasn't Mike, it was Goodman? Really?.

I firmly believe that mikey did not respect ted and his decisions the last year or so they supposedly did not even talk to each other..

I believe that Goodman had a voodoo doll of mikey and could cause him pain if he did not listen.. and therefore got his way with the draft choices..:laugh:

Really after Gary left I think their was a real void in having someone to talk to and I think Goodman became that guy.. thus the influence in the drafting and his subsequent promotion for semi head flunky/GM..

Requiem / The Dagda
12-11-2008, 05:05 PM
What took people so long to figure this out? You are all late on the Sundquist Hating bandwagon I was driving five years ago.

frauschieze
12-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Dream, Sundquist is to blame for your kidney problems.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-11-2008, 05:25 PM
I agree. That's probably true. When he said Denver couldn't take Marion Barber III over Maurice C. because of "injury problems" -- that problem sent them in a tail spin. Barber never had injury problems at the U of M.

Fan in Exile
12-11-2008, 06:14 PM
because Ted was not to blame.

While I never liked the guy, he did not sign pay checks, he did not hire folks other than perhaps some office staff, he did not make personnel decisions with out them being signed off by the VP of Football operations MIKEY.. he was mikeys gofer..

Was Ted in on some of the decisions absolutely did he ever make a deal with out mikey absolutely not..

See my definition of micro manager=mikey..

as I've said before feel free not to read my posts.. I do not get paid for circulation..

Well it's good that you know everything about what goes on at Dove Valley so you can share with the rest of us.

As I've said before why don't you stop putting so many of them in every thread.

OMorange&blue
12-12-2008, 11:44 AM

Really after Gary left I think their was a real void in having someone to talk to and I think Goodman became that guy.. thus the influence in the drafting and his subsequent promotion for semi head flunky/GM..

http://www.cbc.ca/searchengine/blog/tin_foil_hat.gif

MOtorboat
12-12-2008, 11:55 AM
I blame Canada.

lex
12-12-2008, 01:46 PM

2003 - Denver Broncos

And what makes it worse is that low round picks have had a history of thriving in Denver. But nothing could save these duds,...they were so bad.