PDA

View Full Version : Hi Broncos- Tim Tebow's High School Coach here:

broncogator904
09-16-2011, 03:16 AM
Dear Broncos fans,

I apologize for the length of this letter, but these facts need to be known. My name is Adam Hartle and I was the RB's coach at Nease HS in 2003 (Timmy's sophomore year) under head coach Craig Howard. He transferred to Nease from another high school because he wasn't given the opportunity to compete at the QB position in game play because of perceived mechanical issues (recurring theme as you will see). My first day on the job I hadn't quite learned all our players/coaches names yet, so when practice was over and all the coaches gathered to watch film util about 11:00 pm, I assumed the 6-3 200 pound man-child sitting next to me was a young assistant coach. Turns out it was our 15 year old QB. If the coaches were watching film until midnight, Timmy was watching film until midnight- and then he'd take the tape home and get up early and watch it again before his school work began. During workouts Timmy was the strongest kid in the weightroom. His workout partners consisted of O-linemen. Anyone who's ever coached football at any level knows how rare it is that the QB is the strongest kid on the team let alone a sophomore- Timmy was both. Coach Howard would say to me, "Adam I don't care how long you coach, you'll never see one better than that young man" and he was exactly right. What makes Timmy so great is his ability to raise the level of play of his teammates. Prior to Timmy's arrival at Nease HS there were 10 losing seasons in a row and only 2 kids were signed to play college football. During Tebow's 3 years over 25 kids were signed to play college football and they won a state championship. He fights so hard for every play and expects nothing less from his teammates.

(Here's a link to the halftime speech he gives to his teammates during Florida's BCS championship win over Sam Bradford's Sooners. Notice the change in demeanor of his teammates from when he begins to when he's done):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-qodBTlMtA

No one can rally a locker room like Tim Tebow. You guys have no idea what you got sitting on the sidelines.

During the 2004 season (Timmy's junior year of high school), I was fortunate enough to get a full time job on the coaching staff at the University of Florida as the game analysis coordinator (what you NFL'ers call quality control). It was a tumultuous season in which our staff (Coach Zook) was fired. I was fortunate enough to make a good impression on Coach Meyer and was one of the few who survived the transition and kept my job for the 2005 season. As you can imagine I was quick to tell Urban all about this stud QB recruit up in Jacksonville. Coming from Utah, he was unaware of Timmy. His OC, Dan Mullen was pushing for another recruit, Jevan Snead out of Texas as our top QB target. There were many arguments behind closed recruiting meeting doors. Mullen was concerned with Tebow's mechanics (I told you this was a recurring theme), and who do you think Urban listened to, his offensive coordinator he's known for 7 years or the low guy on the coaching staff totem pole he's known for 4 months? So Jevan Snead commits and it's not looking so good for the Gators. While this is happening Tebow has a senior season in which he breaks just about every QB record in Florida HS history on his way to a state championship and "Tebowmania" begins to sweep through Florida (much like now in Colorado- don't worry its a good thing because during game play its called "momemtum" and it starts with you guys-the fans). Urban realized that if the hometown hero went somewhere else and won a championship it was gonna be disastrous for him (Friendly advice Coach Fox- if Tebow wins a Super Bowl in a non-broncos jersey it will be a bad deal). So with only 1 month left before signing day we drop Snead and FINALLY make Tebow our #1 target. 1 week before signing day the Nease coaches tell me its 60% Alabama and 40% Florida. Ten minutes before he announces live on ESPN Coach Howard tells me he still hasn't made up his mind. Obviously he signed with the Gators and during his Freshman years the Gator fans grew tired of mediocrity (sound familiar Broncos) and started chanting "Tebow! Tebow!" and "we want Tebow...clap...clap...clap.clap.clap". His playing time increased each week and we went on to win the national championship. The next season Timmy became the 1st sophomore to win the Heisman, and the year after that we won the national championship again. In 105 years of Gator football we've won the national title 3 times. Tebow won 2 of those titles. Bronco fans, look at all the bad seasons you guys have had over the years when Elway wasn't your QB. Now look at all the great years when he was. It's very hard to win a Super Bowl without a great leader and Kyle Orton is not a leader. I'll take a winner with perceived "mechanics issues" any day over a corner sitter with a perfect release. It's about winning games- period. That's what Timmy does. If the situations were reversed and Timmy was the one getting booed last Monday night he wouldn't have pouted or lost his confidence. He would have owned up for the 2 turnovers and apologized. That's what winners do- they are harder on themselves than the fans could ever be, so some boos would have just rolled off his back.

(Watch his postgame speech after the only loss of the 2008 season here):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sGv2Zw-WQw

The guy refuses to lose. That's what makes him great. Winners make corrections, losers make excuses. So I guess it was the fans fault that Orton dropped the ball in the 2nd half because his feelings got hurt? Boo freakin hoo. Maybe if an offensive TD was produced in the entire 1st half the boos wouldn't have happened. Broncos nation- You guys pay good money for these players'/coaches' salaries so don't ever feel like you can't express your opinions by chanting Tebow's name at the games. People may say, "well how would you like it if people came to your job and booed you"? To them I say "pay me 9 million a year like Orton gets and come on with it". First Cutler now Orton. Why does your organization love starting whiners? Don't you want a winner like Elway?

It's amazing how many people in the media "hate" on Tebow. They say "he can't do it in the NFL". Trust me Broncos I've heard this before. Don't buy it. They say "he's not ready". Tebow led all rookies in QB rating last year (82.5). Orton's had 7 years of experience yet his career passer rating is 79.5- less than Tebow's who has only 3 games worth of experience. Seems to me like the guy who went 3-10 last year and has been in the league 7 years might be the one who "can't do it in the NFL". They say "he's not a dropback passer". Well put him in the gun then. Tom Brady takes 75% of his snaps from the gun. Timmy's better at running downhill or rolling out than moving backwards anyways. Look at all the young QB's who have gotten more of a chance to start in the NFL than Tebow: Jimmy Clausen, Andy Dalton, Colt McCoy, Cam Newton, Sam Bradford. How come its OK for them to start in the media's eyes but not Tebow? My guess is that Coach Fox is sick of "Tebowmania" and perceives it as everyone telling him how to do his job, so he's fighting back. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Get ready for another 3-10 start Broncos unless Tebow sees the field in some capacity. Coach Fox should start embracing "Tebowmania" instead of fighting it otherwise he's dropping the ball just like Orton.

Adam Hartle
adamhartle@yahoo.com

CrazyHorse
09-16-2011, 03:40 AM
Cool story! I agree 100%

sneakers
09-16-2011, 03:51 AM
Am I a jerk if I assume we are being trolled when nice people post threads like this?

BroncoBJ
09-16-2011, 04:05 AM
Am I a jerk if I assume we are being trolled when nice people post threads like this?

:lol:

Yea you can never be sure but I don't know why someone would pretend to be Adam Hartle? It'd be different if Urban Myer came on here and posted.

But good thread, I like the part about " Winners make corrections, losers make excuses"

Great quote and I agree.

But you have to understand that Kyle Gives us the best chance to win. His 3-15 record in his last 18 games proves that. :salute:

Watchthemiddle
09-16-2011, 05:09 AM
Welcome Coach.

Being an LSU fan I know exactly what Tebow's capabilities are. I also watch football with my own two eyes. I might not watch every practice, but it has been proven time and time again that some players are consumate professional practice players (Orton) and some players who are gamers and get it done.

I also fully agree with the statement about raising the level of play of those around you. I saw that in the last 3 games of 2010. We might have only gone 1-2 but it was an exciting 1-2 and were a hail mary away from being 2-1. The team reacted very positively in those last 3 games. Some say the players were releaved because McD was gone, and some of that could be true, but I credit a lot of that to Tebow being in the game.

Anyone see the last NFL commecial...I think I have seen it on ESPN? The one where Tebow says "no one carries the ball here except me". Intensisty can't be coached, matched, or given up on. My biggest fear is Tebow won't get the chance here in Denver that he needs and go someplace else.

SoCalImport
09-16-2011, 06:09 AM
since I can recognize heartfelt polite communication I will high five.

Tebow will get his chance. And he'll make the most of it or he won't.

I'm almost always a glass half full kinda fan.
Hell I was still willing to give McD the benefit of the doubt till he kept running Orton out there when he was obviously injured and struggling last season.

I am hanging on to a thread (very thin) of hope that Kyle AND THE O LINE will show us something against Cinci. If not then I'm at that point officially switched.
If Orton looks bad again this weekend then I'm done with him.
(which I'm sure will devastate him)

IMHO, it'll have to be Tebow time. If He's bad then it's our 'suck for Luck' season, and I'll be totally ok with that too.

BroncoStud
09-16-2011, 06:49 AM
http://beardosphere.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/andrew_luck_beard_.jpg

I Eat Staples
09-16-2011, 07:34 AM
I still don't think Tebow will succeed in the NFL but I really enjoyed that post. Thanks for the contribution, and Tebow is an athletic beast no doubt.

SOCALORADO.
09-16-2011, 08:16 AM
http://beardosphere.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/andrew_luck_beard_.jpg

Hey! Thats my gig! Dammit!:lol:

smith49
09-16-2011, 08:35 AM
At this point I would rather see Tebow out there sucking with passion and fire then watching Orton suck with nothing, no emotion no heart, nothing. I don't know if Timmy is or will be any good. However, one thing I do know is that he will put the team on his back and will them to play to a higher level. His leadership skills are unmatched. I know he may have some throwing issues, but I also know he threw some great passes last season when he got his chance. I Vote Tebow!!!

LTC Pain
09-16-2011, 08:39 AM
Another TT worship thread. Who woulda thunk it!

vandammage13
09-16-2011, 08:40 AM
I do agree with the OP's assertion that Fox doesn't like people telling him how to do his job.

Fox is the type of guy that sticks to his guns...to a fault. It is what got him run out of Carolina and it is probably going to get Tebow ran out of here, unless he heeds the advice of the OP..."Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it."

CoachChaz
09-16-2011, 08:45 AM
This will stray from the topic a bit, but it leaves me wishing all HS coaches were like Tim's. My son is a junior and is a 6'4", 240 lb DE and TE. His high school has a good team, but scouting reports say their weak DL will keep them from competing. My son is better than most of the varsity linemen, but because he went on vacation with his family during spring break instead of attending "mandatory" spring practices...the coaches relegated him to the JV squad, where they have him playing DT...a position he's never played or practiced at before.

After 3 games on JV, he has 24 tackles, 9 TFL, 3 sacks, 2 FF, 5 receptions for 42 yards and 1 TD (team has only thrown 9 passes).

Yet...he still will not be promoted to help the weak varsity DL because the coach wants to prove a point. The same coach that has ended the careers of 2 good players by forcing them to practice and workout through injuries.

What makes this all sting more, is my son has been approached by a Texas Tech scout...but cant show his abilities.

My point to all of this is it makes me wonder how many athletes never get a chance to prove anything due to idiot coaches and their politics. How many All Star athletes are working regular jobs because of poor decisions by coaches in their lives? Not to assume my son would play D1 football or ever play in the NFL, but i'd like to see him be given the opportunity to prove it on his own.

Same with Tebow. It seems he's relegated to the assumption that his mechanics and style will never allow him to succeed. I know coaches are paid to make those decisions, but i'd also like to see him get the opportunity to prove it one way or the other before we potentially throw away a winner. Just like my son's high school...what do we have to lose? We're already weak at the position. At some point, we have to see what we have instead of holding off just to prove a point.

Kind of a long way to make my point, but I guess when you can relate to it, it creates a different perspective

Northman
09-16-2011, 08:48 AM
This will stray from the topic a bit, but it leaves me wishing all HS coaches were like Tim's. My son is a junior and is a 6'4", 240 lb DE and TE. His high school has a good team, but scouting reports say their weak DL will keep them from competing. My son is better than most of the varsity linemen, but because he went on vacation with his family during spring break instead of attending "mandatory" spring practices...the coaches relegated him to the JV squad, where they have him playing DT...a position he's never played or practiced at before.

After 3 games on JV, he has 24 tackles, 9 TFL, 3 sacks, 2 FF, 5 receptions for 42 yards and 1 TD (team has only thrown 9 passes).

Yet...he still will not be promoted to help the weak varsity DL because the coach wants to prove a point. The same coach that has ended the careers of 2 good players by forcing them to practice and workout through injuries.

What makes this all sting more, is my son has been approached by a Texas Tech scout...but cant show his abilities.

My point to all of this is it makes me wonder how many athletes never get a chance to prove anything due to idiot coaches and their politics. How many All Star athletes are working regular jobs because of poor decisions by coaches in their lives? Not to assume my son would play D1 football or ever play in the NFL, but i'd like to see him be given the opportunity to prove it on his own.

Same with Tebow. It seems he's relegated to the assumption that his mechanics and style will never allow him to succeed. I know coaches are paid to make those decisions, but i'd also like to see him get the opportunity to prove it one way or the other before we potentially throw away a winner. Just like my son's high school...what do we have to lose? We're already weak at the position. At some point, we have to see what we have instead of holding off just to prove a point.

Kind of a long way to make my point, but I guess when you can relate to it, it creates a different perspective

Great post. Just be sure to tell your son not to write any books anytime soon. He might get labeled as a selfish a-hole. :lol:

CoachChaz
09-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Best thing about my son...he takes it in stride and does his job. In a way, its a good lesson to learn.

No matter how good you are at something, there is always someone above you that can diminish it and screw you.

Mike
09-16-2011, 08:54 AM
Great post. Just be sure to tell your son not to write any books anytime soon. He might get labeled as a selfish a-hole. :lol:

And for goodness sake make sure he has a league authorized motion.

BroncoJoe
09-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Best thing about my son...he takes it in stride and does his job. In a way, its a good lesson to learn.

No matter how good you are at something, there is always someone above you that can diminish it and screw you.

Amen, brother. Amen.

CoachChaz
09-16-2011, 09:04 AM
I think im going to advise my son (a Broncos fan who wasnt happy we drafted Tebow. Lol) to ask for jersey #15

Jsteve01
09-16-2011, 09:32 AM

We had the same situation on our high school basketball team. I was benched for leaving during morning practices to visit my ailing Grandfather in Florida. Then our senior year we had a kid from Redlands CA transfer in. 6'10" could handle, shoot and jump out of the gym. Literally any coaches wet dream. Great kid but didn't like to kiss ass. He ended up at the bottom of the bench while our team which lacked size, got dominated in the paint. The worst part was the young man had made the Nike all Southern California team as a junior in high school and went from being on every team in the Pac 10s radar to playing JC ball as our head coach told recruiters he had a horrible attitude.

That situation crushes his confidence, and really ruined his love for the game. I've got stories like that for days. I coached a kid in BCI and AAU that is still to this day the best all around basketball player I've seen. Great vision, unbelievable passer, and defender and could hit from anywhere on the floor. Transferred schools his sophomore year and never saw the court again. It ruined the game for him. He lost his trust for the process and coaches. He's gone on to success in other realms, but when his team won the Nuggets 3on3 a few years ago, it at least provided some vindication for him and for all of the rest of us who knew the kind of player he was.

High school coaches have a huge responsibility to set aside their egos and realize that they are coaching kids. Their actions can have a huge impact on kids for the good or as we see in so many cases, they can destroy their confidence and ruin their love for the sport they play.

BirdieB
09-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Coach Hartle, thanks for the great post. Being a Floridian and a Univ. of Florida alum., I sit here thinking what in the world is going on with the Bronco organization? I can not understand why they aren't putting Tebow out there on the field? Why can't they see what so many of us see? Tebowmaniacs, as we are referred to, are his fans because this man does not fail. He is driven and makes things happen. Give him a legitimate chance to show what he can do. I became a Bronco fan the second Tebow was drafted. If they don't do right by him, fan no more. If they don't intend to legitimately see what they have in him, then trade him. If that were to happen, then stand back Bronco organization. If he goes to another team and is given the opportunity to show what we all know he can do (and show with the first string), you will have to stand back in wonder. He is a sleeping giant. This has been proven before. Players that have taunted him have been run over. Cris Collinsworth commented that he knew Florida was going to win the BCS National Championship when, during pre-game warm ups, a player from Oklahoma got in Tebow's face and gave him hell. Collinsworth, knowing the player Tebow was, knew Oklahoma lost the game before one down was even played. What happened in the game, Florida creamed Oklahoma. Who was the driver of that team? If you don't want him, trade him. You'll motivate him even more to succeed with his new team. He will show you every week what you gave up on. Wake up Bronco organization, what are you afraid of? Mark these words, McDaniels will be remembered for making the right call with Tebow. I'm afraid that the Bronco organization will be foolish and let this prize slip through their fingers. WAKE UP!

CoachChaz
09-16-2011, 09:47 AM
We had the same situation on our high school basketball team. I was benched for leaving during morning practices to visit my ailing Grandfather in Florida. Then our senior year we had a kid from Redlands CA transfer in. 6'10" could handle, shoot and jump out of the gym. Literally any coaches wet dream. Great kid but didn't like to kiss ass. He ended up at the bottom of the bench while our team which lacked size, got dominated in the paint. The worst part was the young man had made the Nike all Southern California team as a junior in high school and went from being on every team in the Pac 10s radar to playing JC ball as our head coach told recruiters he had a horrible attitude.

That situation crushes his confidence, and really ruined his love for the game. I've got stories like that for days. I coached a kid in BCI and AAU that is still to this day the best all around basketball player I've seen. Great vision, unbelievable passer, and defender and could hit from anywhere on the floor. Transferred schools his sophomore year and never saw the court again. It ruined the game for him. He lost his trust for the process and coaches. He's gone on to success in other realms, but when his team won the Nuggets 3on3 a few years ago, it at least provided some vindication for him and for all of the rest of us who knew the kind of player he was.

High school coaches have a huge responsibility to set aside their egos and realize that they are coaching kids. Their actions can have a huge impact on kids for the good or as we see in so many cases, they can destroy their confidence and ruin their love for the sport they play.

The biggest issue my son's coach has is he thinks he's a college/NFL coach. At those levels, you can draft/recruit the players that fit your scheme. In HS, you have to adjust your scheme to the players the community sends to your school. The varsity coach wants to run a 3-4 defense and a spread offense. Unfortunately...he doesnt have the talent for it. His talent is best suited for a 4-3 and pro-style offense. My son for example would be a very good 4-3 DE and pro-style TE. Instead, he has to try to learn to be a 5-tech DE and an H-back. A waste of talent.

This year, he has been a little more hybrid about it. Our QB has a scholarship to UTEP and is big and slow, so the spread doesnt work very well for him and changes were needed. The NT he used in the 3-4 left last year to go to SE Okla. St and he's adjusted for that.

At the end of the day...it's the coach. It's sad that his ego gets involved and the school does nothing about it, but it is what it is I suppose. Bad part is...I have 13 year old twins in 7th grade that are already starting at the DE spots and 2 OL spots on the 8th grade team. So, I'm going to have to deal with this moron for 4 additional years after my oldest graduates.

silkamilkamonico
09-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Andrew Luck please. Andrew Luck.

SOCALORADO.
09-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Andrew Luck please. Andrew Luck.

You want the Luck, dont you? You really want me to do it, huh?
Its Fri, so i'll give it a rest. ;)

BirdieB
09-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Before everyone screams for Luck, see what he does this year at Stanford. If he has a mediocre season, the Luck Sweepstakes will be no more.

CoachChaz
09-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Before everyone screams for Luck, see what he does this year at Stanford. If he has a mediocre season, the Luck Sweepstakes will be no more.

It wont matter if Luck has a mediocre year and Barkley and Jones have record breaking seasons. People have hitched themselves to the Luck wagon (based mostly on what they've read and heard) and they are convinced he is the second coming of Elway.

NOTHING will change peoples minds

SOCALORADO.
09-16-2011, 10:32 AM

No, numbnuts. No matter how Luck "does" he will be taken #1, and CoachChaz knows this.

vandammage13
09-16-2011, 10:34 AM

Remember Jake Locker??

slim
09-16-2011, 10:35 AM
You guys and your absolutes :tsk:

silkamilkamonico
09-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Andrew Luck is not the next John Elway! He is the first Andrew Luck!

CoachChaz
09-16-2011, 10:46 AM
The thing I think is funny is that most of the same people that bash the Tebowmaniacs for their love of TT...are the same ones lubing their mouths for Andrew Luck.

Bullgator
09-16-2011, 10:50 AM
The thing I think is funny is that most of the same people that bash the Tebowmaniacs for their love of TT...are the same ones lubing their mouths for Andrew Luck.

You just crafted a lyrical coffin and then spit the nails in.

camdisco24
09-16-2011, 11:05 AM

This is a sig worthy quote. :salute:

SOCALORADO.
09-16-2011, 11:05 AM

I know you wouldnt lump me into that group considering i also have stated that Barkley or Jones (your boy) would be a very good franchise pick as well.
Countless times.

And i like TT too. I just share the FOs opinion of him in regards to the starting QB position in DEN. Which is hes the 3rd string QB. Also known as the "CO-NO2 QB"
Thats all.

BroncoNut
09-16-2011, 11:10 AM

Yea you can never be sure but I don't know why someone would pretend to be Adam Hartle? It'd be different if Urban Myer came on here and posted.

:

why do you say that? Is Adam a loser or something?

CoachChaz
09-16-2011, 11:10 AM
I know you wouldnt lump me into that group considering i also have stated that Barkley or Jones (your boy) would be a very good franchise pick as well.
Countless times.

And i like TT too. I just share the FOs opinion of him in regards to the starting QB position in DEN. Which is hes the 3rd string QB. Also known as the "CO-NO2 QB"
Thats all.

I never stated names...I said MOST. Those people probably know who they are. You and I see differently on a few things, but I wouldnt lump you into that group.

For the record, I cant say I'm higher on Jones than Barkley. I'll let this season play out and make decisions after the fact. The only player I really voice an opinion about is the highly overrated Lindley and why I do NOT want him in Denver.

SOCALORADO.
09-16-2011, 11:13 AM
I never stated names...I said MOST. Those people probably know who they are. You and I see differently on a few things, but I wouldnt lump you into that group.

For the record, I cant say I'm higher on Jones than Barkley. I'll let this season play out and make decisions after the fact. The only player I really voice an opinion about is the highly overrated Lindley and why I do NOT want him in Denver.

I think Foles will overtake Lindley now, although i think Lindley will get some
2nd round consideration. Maybe Cousins too, although he didnt throw for much last week, but hes a solid player.

slim
09-16-2011, 11:14 AM
I would rather we take a DT. Any worthy of a top 5 pick?

Nomad
09-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Cool story, Coach Hartle! Tebow needs his chance to prove or disprove himself in gametime with the starters and the great thing about him is he'll wait his turn with the coaches deciding before self-promoting himself as a diva.

As WTM mentioned, LSU guy here and Tebow was a thorn in our side.....glad he gone!:lol:

Northman
09-16-2011, 11:25 AM
You guys and your absolutes :tsk:

Lol,

My thoughts exactly.

Northman
09-16-2011, 11:25 AM

Yes, but he has proven himself at the NFL level......wait....

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 11:36 AM
It wont matter if Luck has a mediocre year and Barkley and Jones have record breaking seasons. People have hitched themselves to the Luck wagon (based mostly on what they've read and heard) and they are convinced he is the second coming of Elway.

There was a washington QB that did the same thing and then fell down from overall #1.....

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Cool story, Coach Hartle! Tebow needs his chance to prove or disprove himself in gametime with the starters and the great thing about him is he'll wait his turn with the coaches deciding before self-promoting himself as a diva.

As WTM mentioned, LSU guy here and Tebow was a thorn in our side.....glad he gone!:lol:

All you LSU you fans....geez.....I am an anti-SEC fan....PAC-10 er 12 I mean. Its the die hards that make me dislike the SEC.

Nomad
09-16-2011, 11:54 AM
All you LSU you fans....geez.....I am an anti-SEC fan....PAC-10 er 12 I mean. Its the die hards that make me dislike the SEC.

:lol:The arrogance of SEC fans is taught to you at a very young age. Though I've been a fan of the PAC 10 for a very long time as well.......I miss the afternoons with Keith Jackson calling the games.

Tned
09-16-2011, 11:57 AM
:lol:The arrogance of SEC fans is taught to you at a very young age. Though I've been a fan of the PAC 10 for a very long time as well.......I miss the afternoons with Keith Jackson calling the games.

I miss the Southwest conference... :sad:

Northman
09-16-2011, 11:58 AM
ACC.....................

:behindsofa:

slim
09-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Boys, prepare yourselves for the rise of the PAC 12

Fear the Fork, bitches!!

vandammage13
09-16-2011, 12:00 PM

Someone needs to beat them if you ever want them to shut up...

What is it like 5 in a row now?

It is annoying, but they are right..It is without a doubt the best conference, not even close.

CoachChaz
09-16-2011, 12:05 PM

There was a washington QB that did the same thing and then fell down from overall #1.....

I disagree. Locker never had Luck's hype

CoachChaz
09-16-2011, 12:06 PM
I would rather we take a DT. Any worthy of a top 5 pick?

Try another position

slim
09-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Try another position

OL?

We need to build the trenches, I don't care what position.

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 12:30 PM
OL?

We need to build the trenches, I don't care what position.

Too bad we cant get #1 pick....pass on luck and get Jones at position 8 and get like 15 other picks also.

Jsteve01
09-16-2011, 12:46 PM
The biggest issue my son's coach has is he thinks he's a college/NFL coach. At those levels, you can draft/recruit the players that fit your scheme. In HS, you have to adjust your scheme to the players the community sends to your school. The varsity coach wants to run a 3-4 defense and a spread offense. Unfortunately...he doesnt have the talent for it. His talent is best suited for a 4-3 and pro-style offense. My son for example would be a very good 4-3 DE and pro-style TE. Instead, he has to try to learn to be a 5-tech DE and an H-back. A waste of talent.

This year, he has been a little more hybrid about it. Our QB has a scholarship to UTEP and is big and slow, so the spread doesnt work very well for him and changes were needed. The NT he used in the 3-4 left last year to go to SE Okla. St and he's adjusted for that.

At the end of the day...it's the coach. It's sad that his ego gets involved and the school does nothing about it, but it is what it is I suppose. Bad part is...I have 13 year old twins in 7th grade that are already starting at the DE spots and 2 OL spots on the 8th grade team. So, I'm going to have to deal with this moron for 4 additional years after my oldest graduates.

Punch him Chaz. It'll make you feel better and you'll probably get cheered by the rest of the parents.

SR
09-16-2011, 02:39 PM
I still don't think Tebow will succeed in the NFL but I really enjoyed that post. Thanks for the contribution, and Tebow is an athletic beast no doubt.

This.

I appreciate the story and have a great respect for Tim Tebow as an athlete and as a person, but I honestly don't see a QB in him. He's a freak of nature and has some serious retard strength, but his collegiate career doesn't translate well to an NFL QB. Can he win games as a QB in the NFL? Sure. But he HAS to be able to adapt his style like Mike Vick has. I don't care about his throwing motion, but I do care about him not being able to read defenses, go through his check downs, and him not being able to get rid of the ball quickly. If his release is ******ed up and he can learn to do the three things I listed that he is not good at, fine by me. I think Tebow can be a winner with the right personnel around him, but the team has to be built around HIM and his style of play. Right now, Denver has a team built for no one.

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 02:42 PM
This.

I appreciate the story and have a great respect for Tim Tebow as an athlete and as a person, but I honestly don't see a QB in him. He's a freak of nature and has some serious retard strength, but his collegiate career doesn't translate well to an NFL QB. Can he win games as a QB in the NFL? Sure. But he HAS to be able to adapt his style like Mike Vick has. I don't care about his throwing motion, but I do care about him not being able to read defenses, go through his check downs, and him not being able to get rid of the ball quickly. If his release is ******ed up and he can learn to do the three things I listed that he is not good at, fine by me. I think Tebow can be a winner with the right personnel around him, but the team has to be built around HIM and his style of play. Right now, Denver has a team built for no one.

But read defenses improves with experience.

SR
09-16-2011, 02:44 PM
But read defenses improves with experience.

Yes it does. I don't disagree with that at all. However, he needs to see the field to be able to gain experience. I give Kyle Orton 3-4 more games and 2-3 more losses in those 3-4 games before Coach Fox pulls the trigger on a QB change. However, I feel like Brady Quinn gives us the best chance to win right now.

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Yes it does. I don't disagree with that at all. However, he needs to see the field to be able to gain experience. I give Kyle Orton 3-4 more games and 2-3 more losses in those 3-4 games before Coach Fox pulls the trigger on a QB change. However, I feel like Brady Quinn gives us the best chance to win right now.

After watching Quinn in preseason game 4. I have my doubts about him being the solid backup. 7.3 QB rating.

SR
09-16-2011, 02:49 PM
After watching Quinn in preseason game 4. I have my doubts about him being the solid backup. 7.3 QB rating.

What about watching Quinn in games 1-3? He looked pretty damn good if you ask me. As far as being a quarterback goes, Quinn, sadly, is the best we've got.

Northman
09-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Yea, i know SR is more open minded about this but im going to piggy back what Phi said a bit. In Vick's first legitimate starts here were his numbers.

4/12 32 1 TD
11/29 214 1 TD, 2 Ints
12/30 176 0 TD, 1 Int

His passing wasnt that great. This of course coming in his first season where he started 3 games but played in 8 as he came in later in 5 games for Chandler at the time. I know what SR is saying in regards to Orton staying in for now but it really is important for Tebow to see the field for a few games before making the judgement he cant QB.

Jsteve01
09-16-2011, 02:57 PM
What about watching Quinn in games 1-3? He looked pretty damn good if you ask me. As far as being a quarterback goes, Quinn, sadly, is the best we've got.

Well if the first game is any indication we really need to consider running more zone to hide our massive deficiencies on the O line. If not there's not a qb on this roster who will look outstanding behind that sieve on the interior.

SR
09-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Yea, i know SR is more open minded about this but im going to piggy back what Phi said a bit. In Vick's first legitimate starts here were his numbers.

4/12 32 1 TD
11/29 214 1 TD, 2 Ints
12/30 176 0 TD, 1 Int

His passing wasnt that great. This of course coming in his first season where he started 3 games but played in 8 as he came in later in 5 games for Chandler at the time. I know what SR is saying in regards to Orton staying in for now but it really is important for Tebow to see the field for a few games before making the judgement he cant QB.

My opinion on Tebow is really scrambled because I like him and want to see him succeed but his in-*******-sane fans make me throw up in my mouth. I hate the controversy having him on our team has created. At the same time, even if Tebow isn't a great QB or whatever, I'd rather lose with him and have it be exciting than have what we saw Monday night with Orton. I've said that repeatedly in one variation or another a few times on this message board and I still think that way, but at some point or another I'm gonna go effing postal on this whole Tebow shit show.

Northman
09-16-2011, 03:08 PM
My opinion on Tebow is really scrambled because I like him and want to see him succeed but his in-*******-sane fans make me throw up in my mouth. I hate the controversy having him on our team has created. At the same time, even if Tebow isn't a great QB or whatever, I'd rather lose with him and have it be exciting than have what we saw Monday night with Orton. I've said that repeatedly in one variation or another a few times on this message board and I still think that way, but at some point or another I'm gonna go effing postal on this whole Tebow shit show.

Absolutely!

Even now i still wish we had not drafted him. Not because i dont like him but i just cant stand the circus that surrounds him. The worst thing about all of this is its not even the kids fault and really McDaniels did him no favors drafting him knowing that the fanbase is already fickle about the QB position as it is. Part of me wants him to succeed to shut some people up, but then another part of me wants him to be traded so that we dont have stalkers here anymore. It really is draining watching all this go down.

broncobryce
09-16-2011, 03:14 PM
I laugh at all the people who thought orton would change his stripes this season. And after one game remember how boring and average he is. What it tells me is they are listening to the media instead of their own eyes.
Like I've said about orton, fool me once shame on you. Some here were fooled again just because he looks great in practice. Ridiculous

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

slim
09-16-2011, 03:17 PM
I laugh at all the people who thought orton would change his stripes this season. And after one game remember how boring and average he is. What it tells me is they are listening to the media instead of their own eyes.
Like I've said about orton, fool me once shame on you. Some here were fooled again just because he looks great in practice. Ridiculous

So your theory is that the coaching staff is letting media reports influence their personnel decisions?

Dreadnought
09-16-2011, 03:22 PM

Its a fine tuned balancing act, SR. the Tebow loonies are as annoying as they could possibly be. They aggravate the bejaysus out of me...almost as much as the dudes who would be happy to see us tank games to draft some clown out of college who may or may not ever make it in the NFL. The two factions deserve each other. Tipping the scales though are these factors

1) I want to seen the Broncos win. A high draft choice is never acceptable as a consolation prize.
2) If TT is the answer, then we can shore up other aspects of the team. If he's not, we have to replace him and still shore up other aspects of the team. EZ choice
3) I hate sports journalists, esp. of the ESPN variety. I mean I really hate them, like ticks, rashes, and toothaches. They are unwatchable. They are almost entirely of a mind that Tebow can't play...telling me, of course (who believes that they are also as stupid as cattle) that he has decent prospects. He'll never buy an ESPN weinie a round of drinks or a lapdance, but thats OK with me. I want them to look bad. I want them to look stupid as possible. Therefore, go TT and GB2!

Northman
09-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Its a fine tuned balancing act, SR. the Tebow loonies are as annoying as they could possibly be. They aggravate the bejaysus out of me...almost as much as the dudes who would be happy to see us tank games to draft some clown out of college who may or may not ever make it in the NFL. The two factions deserve each other. Tipping the scales though are these factors

1) I want to seen the Broncos win. A high draft choice is never acceptable as a consolation prize.
2) If TT is the answer, then we can shore up other aspects of the team. If he's not, we have to replace him and still shore up other aspects of the team. EZ choice
3) I hate sports journalists, esp. of the ESPN variety. I mean I really hate them, like ticks, rashes, and toothaches. They are unwatchable. They are almost entirely of a mind that Tebow can't play...telling me, of course (who believes that they are also as stupid as cattle) that he has decent prospects. He'll never buy an ESPN weinie a round of drinks or a lapdance, but thats OK with me. I want them to look bad. I want them to look stupid as possible. Therefore, go TT and GB2!

I agree with all of this.

BigDaddyBronco
09-16-2011, 03:27 PM
I agree with all of this.

Ditto.

The Glue Factory
09-16-2011, 05:26 PM

And quoted for truth!

WARHORSE
09-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Im not a Tebow detractor nor am I trying to unvalidate anything Tims coach said. I happen to be a Tebow fan since he came to Denver and will be that until he leaves.

But all that being said, youre talking about grown men here who depend on winning for their salaries and future stability for their families.

Rah rah, speeches at this stage can be harmful in certain situations.

First of all, you dont call grown veterans in the NFL to the seriousness of big games as if they dont know it because they do, and they especially wont want to hear that at this stage of Tims career because he has accomplished nothing.

Having done nothing and screaming at men like he does in that video will get you nothing but a questioning of your lockeroom awareness and reasoning.

Rah rah on this level better be accompanied not by a willingness to work hard......but big RESULTS.

Call them RAHsults.

The bigger your RAH, the bigger your results better be.

See RAY LEWIS, cause hes one of the FEW, and I must say hes the ONLY man Ive ever seen in the NFL, who can bring the mouth and sideshow that he does, and have it be met with respect day in and day out.

Thats because the players know theyre looking at probably the best defensive player in the history of the game considering the length and level of his play. They have come to believe that Ray is all about THEM, not himself with his hysterics.

You cant pull that speech out in an NFL lockeroom without some bigtime clout.

Coming from a Montana....Elway....Marino.....Orton.....(oops..co uldnt help it)....or the likes, the speech would do alot.

But beware.

You know the soundbyte where Tebow shouts that no one carries the ball right here but him? I bet there are a lot of guys who didnt especially like that.

Just my thoughts...and thats all they are, thoughts.

Go Broncos.....go Tebow......go Fox, Bowlen, Orton and anyone else in the franchise..................but just sayin.:coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Brian Billick was on this afternoon with Mike Evans & Scott Hastings talking about the Broncos' QB situation, plus other things.

http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/MikeEvansScottHastings/Story.aspx?ID=1539348

Watchthemiddle
09-16-2011, 06:36 PM
You know the soundbyte where Tebow shouts that no one carries the ball right here but him? I bet there are a lot of guys who didnt especially like that.

Go Broncos.....go Tebow......go Fox, Bowlen, Orton and anyone else in the franchise..................but just sayin.:coffee:

As a player, I personally would have loved to hear my QB - the leader of my offense - take charge and have the confidence to get it done. AND, he got it done.

CoachChaz
09-16-2011, 06:45 PM

As a player, I personally would have loved to hear my QB - the leader of my offense - take charge and have the confidence to get it done. AND, he got it done.

Wouldnt that be the same as backing up his words? You know...that thing he hasnt done yet.

Just asking

claymore
09-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Ive never liked Orton, Quin or Tebow. I thought all 3 were terrible choices. I was individualy pissed at each selection/trade.

IMO it doesnt matter who starts, we will suck.

I think we suck the least if Orton starts. Quin, and Tebow it could go either way.

hamrob
09-16-2011, 07:35 PM
What's amazing to me:

Compare his passer rating as a rookie against all other rookies last year.

Compare his passer rating in the preseason last year against all other rookies

Compare his passer rating this year in the preseason agains all 1st and 2nd year players.

Then, get back to me about how he shouldn't be given an oppurtunity, is no better than 3rd string...and all that other BS that the idiots are spewing!

Slick
09-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Well said dread.

hamrob
Ive never liked Orton, Quin or Tebow. I thought all 3 were terrible choices. I was individualy pissed at each selection/trade.

IMO it doesnt matter who starts, we will suck.

I think we suck the least if Orton starts. Quin, and Tebow it could go either way.Yeah, let's go get Rex Grosman...to make you happy.

Slick
Northman are you a virginia or maryland fan?

claymore
09-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Yeah, let's go get Rex Grosman...to make you happy.

It would probably be an improvement on what we have.

SR
09-16-2011, 08:10 PM

All things considered, I think that was way arrogant of him.

camdisco24
09-16-2011, 10:14 PM

Its leadership. Something we've lacking at the QB position for many many years.

Watchthemiddle
09-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Wouldnt that be the same as backing up his words? You know...that thing he hasnt done yet.

Just asking

WHen he has gotten the chance, he definately backs it up on the field. YOu can't honestly tell me that he doesn't when he is on the field?

claymore
09-17-2011, 03:54 AM

I laugh at people who thought he would be good when he came over from the Cutler trade.

"All he does is win". Lolololololol

broncobryce
09-17-2011, 04:29 AM
Im not a Tebow detractor nor am I trying to unvalidate anything Tims coach said. I happen to be a Tebow fan since he came to Denver and will be that until he leaves.

But all that being said, youre talking about grown men here who depend on winning for their salaries and future stability for their families.

Rah rah, speeches at this stage can be harmful in certain situations.

First of all, you dont call grown veterans in the NFL to the seriousness of big games as if they dont know it because they do, and they especially wont want to hear that at this stage of Tims career because he has accomplished nothing.

Having done nothing and screaming at men like he does in that video will get you nothing but a questioning of your lockeroom awareness and reasoning.

Rah rah on this level better be accompanied not by a willingness to work hard......but big RESULTS.

Call them RAHsults.

The bigger your RAH, the bigger your results better be.

See RAY LEWIS, cause hes one of the FEW, and I must say hes the ONLY man Ive ever seen in the NFL, who can bring the mouth and sideshow that he does, and have it be met with respect day in and day out.

Thats because the players know theyre looking at probably the best defensive player in the history of the game considering the length and level of his play. They have come to believe that Ray is all about THEM, not himself with his hysterics.

You cant pull that speech out in an NFL lockeroom without some bigtime clout.

Coming from a Montana....Elway....Marino.....Orton.....(oops..co uldnt help it)....or the likes, the speech would do alot.

But beware.

That's the thing, he demanded to put it on HIS shoulders and he went out and won the game.

He scored the game winning touchdown after demanding the ball.
That's what a leader does.
Anyone who criticizes a player for that is just stupid.

I guess he should have said "coach let someone else do it because I'm scared."

Or went into the fetal postion. Or drop the ball when a WR was wide open for a TD. That's what some of you seem to like

broncobryce
09-17-2011, 04:34 AM

Jordan was arrogant as ****. Then he went and hit the game winning shot. Then everyone shuts up.

Northman
09-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Northman are you a virginia or maryland fan?

Virginia. :D

lgenf
09-17-2011, 04:26 PM
there are silent leaders and there are vocal ones

if Vick, Brees or Rodgers made that exact same quote (and who's to say they haven't before, they just weren't mic'd up or had every word out of their mouth over analyzed) and then walked out on the field and delivered, it would be viewed as a great player picking up his team and carrying them across the goal line - greatness exactly what was expected of a great player/QB

b/c T2 said it and delivered the goods - it's arrogant?

I didn't see too many teammates walking off that field with a pissed off look on their faces - the stadium was cheering, the team was cheering the coaches were cheering and I would bet that most teammates at that exact point were thinking something like --"damn glad this kid is on our side"

you want arrogant - how about Aaron Rodgers with "the championship belt" move before he actually won anything

I'm just saying...........you know.

the kid delivered, in the biggest moment of his pro career, he delivered and that is what drives the Tebowmaniacs

Lancane
09-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Virginia. :D

Figures...:coffee:

;)

They should have lost that game to Indiana, but I'm looking forward to the Idaho game. The Cavs are lucky, they don't have an awful schedule, but they're not playing enough ranked teams that even if they went undefeated that they're a title contender.

:)

MOtorboat
09-17-2011, 04:38 PM
there are silent leaders and there are vocal ones

if Vick, Brees or Rodgers made that exact same quote (and who's to say they haven't before, they just weren't mic'd up or had every word out of their mouth over analyzed) and then walked out on the field and delivered, it would be viewed as a great player picking up his team and carrying them across the goal line - greatness exactly what was expected of a great player/QB

b/c T2 said it and delivered the goods - it's arrogant?

I didn't see too many teammates walking off that field with a pissed off look on their faces - the stadium was cheering, the team was cheering the coaches were cheering and I would bet that most teammates at that exact point were thinking something like --"damn glad this kid is on our side"

you want arrogant - how about Aaron Rodgers with "the championship belt" move before he actually won anything

I'm just saying...........you know.

the kid delivered, in the biggest moment of his pro career, he delivered and that is what drives the Tebowmaniacs

Wow.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2011, 04:56 PM

;)

They should have lost that game to Indiana, but I'm looking forward to the Idaho game. The Cavs are lucky, they don't have an awful schedule, but they're not playing enough ranked teams that even if they went undefeated that they're a title contender.

Your team is playing the Vandals? Unless you're an NAIA or Div 2 school you should win that game by about 4 TD's. The Vandals are horrendous this year. They are probably ranked #117 right now. :laugh:

Who is your favorite team?

Northman
09-17-2011, 05:01 PM

;)

Well, UVA isnt a true powerhouse (we are getting trounced by UNC right now) so its not like we are a real contender every year anyway. Every once in a while we have a solid squad and can compete and have a few upsets but overall Virginia is a no-nonsense kind of school. When there are players with questionable characters or off the field issues they are kicked out no questions asked. So while its nice they have no tolerance for guys like Newton or Reggie Bush it hurts from a talent standpoint when they try to recruit. We still get some nice players but we are never loaded enough to make title runs.

atwater27
09-17-2011, 05:19 PM
But you have to understand that Kyle Gives us the best chance to win. His 3-15 record in his last 18 games proves that. :salute:

To be fair, dude, Kyle isn't the one who is responsible for turning this team into a dumpster fire. I am not saying he is great, but he has had a horrible team the whole time he was here.

Northman
09-17-2011, 05:23 PM
To be fair, dude, Kyle isn't the one who is responsible for turning this team into a dumpster fire. I am not saying he is great, but he has had a horrible team the whole time he was here.

Indeed. But he was average in Chi-town as well. Even being benched for Grossman going into the playoffs. I think we all know that good team or not Denver needs a better QB running it.

Lancane
09-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Your team is playing the Vandals? Unless you're an NAIA or Div 2 school you should win that game by about 4 TD's. The Vandals are horrendous this year. They are probably ranked #117 right now. :laugh:

Who is your favorite team?

Oh, that's not why I am looking forward to the game, I'm far from a Vandals fan...though I always though they had one of the better collegiate team names...the Vandals...lol. No, actually I want to see how some of their kids that will be eligible for the draft, like Cosgrove will do against a superior team.

As far as who my favorite team is, I remain a huge Big Ten fan because I am a Michigan State alumni, but I have a few favorites outside the Big Ten. My favorite teams outside the Ten are Boston College, Central Michigan, Arizona State, UMass, Georgetown and Syracuse.

atwater27
09-17-2011, 05:29 PM

I 've seen this play out many times. These little napoleonic coaches hold alot of power over a kid's life. I lived in a town where a police Chief's kid was the QB of the team at the high school........ Did I say 2 of his son's... successively? The varsity squad was scattered with the kids of prominent citizens. In alot of towns and cities, being HS football coach is a power trip many do not handle correctly OR fairly.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Oh, that's not why I am looking forward to the game, I'm far from a Vandals fan...though I always though they had one of the better collegiate team names...the Vandals...lol. No, actually I want to see how some of their kids that will be eligible for the draft, like Cosgrove will do against a superior team.

As far as who my favorite team is, I remain a huge Big Ten fan because I am a Michigan State alumni, but I have a few favorites outside the Big Ten. My favorite teams outside the Ten are Boston College, Central Michigan, Arizona State, UMass, Georgetown and Syracuse.

I see....I think Boise travels to Michigan State, either next year or the year after. I hope it's not next year. We'll be reloading next year.

Lancane
09-17-2011, 06:01 PM
I see....I think Boise travels to Michigan State, either next year or the year after. I hope it's not next year. We'll be reloading next year.

I think it's next year, which sort of sucks they both have pretty solid teams this year, Boise State being 4th and Michigan State being 15th, but MS will face Nebraska and Ohio State this season, I'm looking forward to those two games, simply cause they're both solidly ranked teams.

gobroncsnv
09-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Yeah, too bad we don't have a qb waiting in the wings with the textbook mechanics of Ken Stabler , that idiot showed a lot in the way of "bad mechanics", found ways to win in spite of it. Jeff George was like a poster child for good mechanics... Whole lotta people saying Tebow doesn't know HOW to play football, but pretty hard put to argue with his record when he gets the chance to play. Brady couldn't get a starting role in college. There are a lot of great players who didn't know enough to know they couldn't play the game, they just won when they were in there.

SR
09-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Its leadership. Something we've lacking at the QB position for many many years.

Leadership or egotism?

SR
09-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Jordan was arrogant as ****. Then he went and hit the game winning shot. Then everyone shuts up.

Micheal Jordan was the best basketball player to ever lace up a pair of sneakers. The comparison is void and silly.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-18-2011, 09:47 AM
I wouldn't have found myself agreeing with this "letter" before last weeks game, but after seeing Kyle Orton singlehandedly destroy the Broncos momentum (and ultimately, their chance at a victory) with his handling of the pigskin as if it was laced with HIV/AIDS; I'm done, I'm just done with this guy.

I tried supporting him last year, I overlooked his flaws and even defended him against some of the raving fanatical Tebow fan-boys, but I can't do it anymore. His turnovers, bad decision making and lack of redzone performance has drained me to the point where emotionally I don't even feel like talking about the Broncos on most days.

Against the Raiders, I found myself clamoring for Tebow. Consistently. While I strongly hold the opinion that he's not the right QB for the next decade on this team (an opinion that is perhaps premature, I admit) it's time to make a change. Orton is not going to get any better than he is. He is what he is, a backup #2 who can fill in as a servicable #1 from time to time.

Tebow has the potential to be so much more and right now, I'll take the potential even if it doesn't have wonderful odds at panning out.

Sparky The Sun Devil
09-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Is this really Tebows high school?

John Bad Elk
09-19-2011, 04:17 AM
I think the majority of Tebow's detractors hate him because he represents an era that is bygone era, when Christianity and doing the right thing were virtues.
Tebow is the All-American kid that comes from anytown USA, the one that you would love your daughter to date and marry. He is real, his zest for life is real, and his commitment to Christ is real.
Many people have lost their moral compass as a result of a society that no longer promotes individual responsibility but rather collective responsibility for your actions.
Tebow is a throwback to a time when life was simpler and the family was the center of the universe.
I say let's give the kid a chance and see what happens. The worst thing is that he falls flat on his face, the Bronco's still go 2-12, and Andrew Luck comes to Denver next year. It is a win-win situation for everybody.

BroncoNut
09-19-2011, 08:02 AM
I think the majority of Tebow's detractors hate him because he represents an era that is bygone era, when Christianity and doing the right thing were virtues.
Tebow is the All-American kid that comes from anytown USA, the one that you would love your daughter to date and marry. He is real, his zest for life is real, and his commitment to Christ is real.
Many people have lost their moral compass as a result of a society that no longer promotes individual responsibility but rather collective responsibility for your actions.
Tebow is a throwback to a time when life was simpler and the family was the center of the universe.
I say let's give the kid a chance and see what happens. The worst thing is that he falls flat on his face, the Bronco's still go 2-12, and Andrew Luck comes to Denver next year. It is a win-win situation for everybody.

I like andrew Luck. I watched some of his this w/e.

BroncoNut
09-19-2011, 08:07 AM
Micheal Jordan was the best basketball player to ever lace up a pair of sneakers. The comparison is void and silly.

I think arrogant people are awesome. Swear to God

SR
09-19-2011, 06:40 PM
I think arrogant people are awesome. Swear to God

Please don't "swear to God" in a Tim Tebow thread. TIA.

camdisco24
09-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Leadership or egotism?

It's leadership that's why I said it. However, I will say, the best leaders almost always have a little bit of an ego. You become stronger when you can convince yourself that you truly are the best. (Whether you say it aloud or just to yourself).

When have you ever seen a strong leader with low self-esteem?

/Dr.Phil Moment.

Nomad
09-19-2011, 07:23 PM

Boise needs to be able to play with the big boys year in and year out regardless of supposedly rebuilding. They must be sick because UT, TT, OU, and OKST are going to the Pac 12. I don't see the Pac 12 adding more teams after that. Boise mineaswell go independent because geographically SEC, Big 10, and ACC are not gonna come knockin.

SR
09-19-2011, 07:24 PM
It's leadership that's why I said it. However, I will say, the best leaders almost always have a little bit of an ego. You become stronger when you can convince yourself that you truly are the best. (Whether you say it aloud or just to yourself).

When have you ever seen a strong leader with low self-esteem?

/Dr.Phil Moment.

I dunno. I call it arrogance. He hasn't really done anything significant to speak of in the NFL to make demands like that.

camdisco24
09-19-2011, 07:28 PM
I dunno. I call it arrogance. He hasn't really done anything significant to speak of in the NFL to make demands like that.

Unfortunately he hasn't had much of a chance... But he backed up that statement with a TD so he's not making empty promises at least. Who knows, it's arrogance or genius. We don't have a clue until we play the kid. (As has been said in 72 different languages at this point :lol:)

broncobryce
09-19-2011, 07:56 PM

It was his second game. And he scored the game winning touchdown. Different story if he didn't score but he did. He's not afraid and demands the ball. That's a good thing, call it arrogant all you want.

broncobryce
09-19-2011, 08:00 PM

They both demanded the ball and came through when it counted. That's what I was referring to and you know it.

MileHiLife
09-19-2011, 08:51 PM
The answers so obvious most pro-Otrton fans can't see the forest for the trees.

Orton's a free agent next year, and regardless if he makes the playoffs or not, there's NO WAY he'd re-sign with the Broncos with Tebow on the roster through '12 and the Tebow-ite boo-birds chomping at the bit .

Orton is NOT the future. Quinn is in the same predicament.

Whether Tebow IS truly the saviour remains to be seen. We all, fans & media alike, need to witness a FULL season (or more if promising) with the substandard tools around him to offer fair judgement.

Even if he's average (see: Orton), can he elevate the talent surrounding him as advertised?

We all know he's been a winner his entire career. That is, until he put on the Bronco uni.

Northman
09-19-2011, 08:56 PM
The answers so obvious most pro-Otrton fans can't see the forest for the trees.

Orton's a free agent next year, and regardless if he makes the playoffs or not, there's NO WAY he'd re-sign with the Broncos with Tebow on the roster through '12 and the Tebow-ite boo-birds chomping at the bit .

Orton is NOT the future. Quinn is in the same predicament.

Whether Tebow IS truly the saviour remains to be seen. We all, fans & media alike, need to witness a FULL season (or more if promising) with the substandard tools around him to offer fair judgement.

Even if he's average (see: Orton), can he elevate the talent surrounding him as advertised?

We all know he's been a winner his entire career. That is, until he put on the Bronco uni.

Whats up Jr! Good post.

SR
09-19-2011, 09:40 PM
They both demanded the ball and came through when it counted. That's what I was referring to and you know it.

Regardless of what you were referring to, Micheal Jordan should never have any third string QB compared to him in any way, shape, or form.

MOtorboat
09-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Regardless of what you were referring to, Micheal Jordan should never have any third string QB compared to him in any way, shape, or form.

It's an absurd comparison. It's like comparing a high school golfer who is competing for a state championship and Rory McIlroy. It's absurd. They aren't even playing on the same course, much less on a course that has the same Course Rating.

SR
09-19-2011, 09:48 PM
It's an absurd comparison. It's like comparing a high school golfer who is competing for a state championship and Rory McIlroy. It's absurd. They aren't even playing on the same course, much less on a course that has the same Course Rating.

Or trying to compare Ryan Leaf to Bill Gates.

BroncoNut
09-20-2011, 09:32 AM

Or trying to compare Ryan Leaf to Bill Gates.

who in the (you know what) compared Michael Jordan to __________ (fill in the blank)

broncobryce
09-20-2011, 10:21 AM
If you say so then it must be true.

broncobryce
09-20-2011, 10:24 AM
I just can't think of anyone else who demanded the ball where everyone heard it then suceeded. Maybe kobe? Its the action not the person I'm comparing. You guys need to relax. Aim your hate elsewhere

BroncoNut
09-20-2011, 10:56 AM
I just can't think of anyone else who demanded the ball where everyone heard it then suceeded. Maybe kobe? Its the action not the person I'm comparing. You guys need to relax. Aim your hate elsewhere

bunch of ravenous little turds aren't they?

weazel
09-20-2011, 11:19 AM
what did it say? I dont read posts that are longer than War and Peace...

camdisco24
09-20-2011, 11:35 AM
what did it say? I dont read posts that are longer than War and Peace...

Tebow is awesome, don't waste his talent.

That's about it.

weazel
09-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Tebow is awesome, don't waste his talent.

That's about it.

well hopefully he wins some games for us down the road then. What position will he be playing?

camdisco24
09-20-2011, 01:53 PM
well hopefully he wins some games for us down the road then. What position will he be playing?

Let me call Ms. Cleo. BRB.

weazel
09-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Let me call Ms. Cleo. BRB.

lol, I just mean he wont be playing QB

camdisco24
09-20-2011, 04:27 PM

haha just messin' with you. However, Ms Cleo did say HE'S A LIBRA, not a QB, so take that for what its worth.

pnbronco
09-20-2011, 05:39 PM

No...no....no. I'm sorry Jordan earned the right to ask for the ball with his play year in and year out. The only person that could ever be compared to Jordan so far is Wayne Gretzky who changed hockey forever.

I feel so bi polar with all this crap. I love Tim, he is such a great person. Does so much good for others, a super hard worker and just over all great kid. I hate all the media talking heads that take pot shots at him and would love for him to prove them wrong.

However I trust people like Joe Montana that say his foot work is really bad and will not transfer into the NFL at this time. I trust John Elway that doesn't feel like he is ready to start. So I will trust people that have made a living doing this job with their assessments.

What drives me out of my mind is this over the top Tebow fans. Their need to shove down out throats how special he is. None of us know if he will be able to run a NFL team. I hope he can, I hope he learns what he needs to make it in the NFL and on the Broncos, because heaven know we have a bunch of needs to address. As much as I care for Tim Tebow the man, there is a small, small part of me that just wishes he would go away and take the circus with him. Also please stop bringing his faith into this argument. There are several current Broncos that have very strong faiths, don't hide it and live their lives that way. It's having all this junk shoved down my throat that turns a really nice person (your words) into a cranky old lady.

NightTerror218
09-20-2011, 05:43 PM
No...no....no. I'm sorry Jordan earned the right to ask for the ball with his play year in and year out. The only person that could ever be compared to Jordan so far is Wayne Gretzky who changed hockey forever.

I feel so bi polar with all this crap. I love Tim, he is such a great person. Does so much good for others, a super hard worker and just over all great kid. I hate all the media talking heads that take pot shots at him and would love for him to prove them wrong.

However I trust people like Joe Montana that say his foot work is really bad and will not transfer into the NFL at this time. I trust John Elway that doesn't feel like he is ready to start. So I will trust people that have made a living doing this job with their assessments.

What drives me out of my mind is this over the top Tebow fans. Their need to shove down out throats how special he is. None of us know if he will be able to run a NFL team. I hope he can, I hope he learns what he needs to make it in the NFL and on the Broncos, because heaven know we have a bunch of needs to address. As much as I care for Tim Tebow the man, there is a small, small part of me that just wishes he would go away and take the circus with him. Also please stop bringing his faith into this argument. There are several current Broncos that have very strong faiths, don't hide it and live their lives that way. It's having all this junk shoved down my throat that turns a really nice person (your words) into a cranky old lady.

Joe Montana said he will be a good QB in the NFL. He said it on a video interview. He mentioned he should not be forced to be a strict pocket passer and that team should exploit his other skills.

Northman
09-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Joe Montana said he will be a good QB in the NFL. He said it on a video interview. He mentioned he should not be forced to be a strict pocket passer and that team should exploit his other skills.

I saw that too however she did point out about the footwork and i dont remember if Joe commented on that or not. Ill give her the benefit of the doubt. But Montana did say that Tebow shouldnt worry about changing his passing mechanics as he feels that is what works best for him.

But, despite Joe's good comments i also have to look at what his former coach said and even Urban Meyer says that Tebow needs to still work on some things.

NightTerror218
09-20-2011, 06:08 PM
I saw that too however she did point out about the footwork and i dont remember if Joe commented on that or not. Ill give her the benefit of the doubt. But Montana did say that Tebow shouldnt worry about changing his passing mechanics as he feels that is what works best for him.

But, despite Joe's good comments i also have to look at what his former coach said and even Urban Meyer says that Tebow needs to still work on some things.

But Urban meyer also said Tebow should not be forced to be the pure pocket passer because that is not the kind of player he is.

Northman
09-20-2011, 06:12 PM
But Urban meyer also said Tebow should not be forced to be the pure pocket passer because that is not the kind of player he is.

Im not sure anyone is trying to make him a pure pocket passer. I at least havent seen any articles that have Fox or Elway stating that. The only thing that ive seen by anyone who is at least objective is that Tebow needs to learn to pass first/run second, go through his reads and improve his accuracy. But i dont think anyone has ever said he needs to be a pocket passer alone. I think the concern is how much of that balance is run vs pass. My opinion is if he wants to succeed at this level he will need to mold himself into a Steve Young type of QB and not a Michael Vick type of QB.

NightTerror218
09-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Im not sure anyone is trying to make him a pure pocket passer. I at least havent seen any articles that have Fox or Elway stating that. The only thing that ive seen by anyone who is at least objective is that Tebow needs to learn to pass first/run second, go through his reads and improve his accuracy. But i dont think anyone has ever said he needs to be a pocket passer alone. I think the concern is how much of that balance is run vs pass. My opinion is if he wants to succeed at this level he will need to mold himself into a Steve Young type of QB and not a Michael Vick type of QB.

That is what I think too. But some people say that Fox is looking for a "pure pocket passer' to work in his system. Since Tebow is not a pure pocket passer he just doesn't fit the system.

I would like him to play this season prior to draft to know if I am going to jump on the draft a QB band wagon or jump into the give us all your picks if you want a top QB band wagon so we can get a lot of picks.

lgenf
09-20-2011, 07:30 PM
we aren't drafting a QB this year, there are too many other holes on the team that need attention and the QB is just not the priority with the 3 we have on the roster right now

now, that said, if we find ourselves with the No 1 pick because of this season, which i doubt with how KC looks right now, than you Lucked into it and go with it

MOtorboat
09-20-2011, 10:33 PM
we aren't drafting a QB this year, there are too many other holes on the team that need attention and the QB is just not the priority with the 3 we have on the roster right now

now, that said, if we find ourselves with the No 1 pick because of this season, which i doubt with how KC looks right now, than you Lucked into it and go with it

Define "we."

There are a big number of fans who want another quarterback drafted, because we know Tebow isn't the future.

Elway and Fox seemingly are amongst that group.

Northman
09-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Define "we."

There are a big number of fans who want another quarterback drafted, because we BELIEVE Tebow isn't the future.

Fixed that for you. Nobody knows for certain if he is or isnt.

Elway and Fox seemingly are amongst that group.

I dont get that vibe at all. While i do think they feel he needs some work you dont pay a guy who isnt going to at least compete for the starting job 6 million dollars (or whatever his payment was). Considering all the injuries this team has now and probably in the future keeping a guy who you ABSOLUTELY are sure isnt the future isnt the brightest move.

gobroncsnv
09-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Many posts about Tebow not gonna have ANY success in the NFL, because he was a spread offense type QB... Yet, did we see the Cam Newton era begin last weekend? Yeah, 1 game makes a career... (not) but he sure got my attention. Especially playing for Caolina? When't the last time they saw a game from one of their QB's like that? Did DelHomme ever do better than that? Stat-geeks, you have been unleashed.
Side note, reckon we could pick up Ryan Leaf on the cheap? You want mechanics, he had it all! But I kinda do think attitude matters, at least a little... Michael Vick wasted a lot of talent through his antics... Darn sure don't want a team full of Dale Carters... lotta talent, but just no way to like the guy's game, let alone the off field crap

∫ut watching the game on Sunday, pretty easy to see that our offense strikes fear in NO hearts. We need more of a threat for SOMEthing to happen. SNAP BALL, HAND OFF, RB FALL DOWN JUST AIN'T CUTTIN IT. I'M NOT LAYING ALL THE PROBLEMS AT ORTON'S FEET, CERTAINLY SOME GO HIS WAY, BUT OUR OLINE SEEMS TO BE THE BIGGEST ISSUE AS I SEE IT SO FAR. THEY DID LOOK BEETTER, ESPECIALLY ON THE FIRST SCORING DRIVE. JUST NEED TO MAKE A GAME OF THAT, INSTEAD OF ONE DRIVE. THAT WOULD HAVE TO BE DENVER'S BEST ADVANTAGE. KEEP THE O on the field and run the ball down the opposing defense's gasping throats. Rather doubt that this is lost on Fox, but would be nice to see more consistency (with production) from the run game, if 83% of the plays are some sort of handoff.

BroncoStud
09-20-2011, 11:53 PM

Nobody knows that. Orton is going to get benched or hurt like always, Tebow will get his chance at some point.