PDA

View Full Version : A reminder at how fun watching football can be.

Bullgator
09-16-2011, 01:57 AM
w0qewufHmf4&feature=related

My favorite part is @ 4:38.

dogfish
09-16-2011, 02:12 AM
FFS!

:mad:

Lancane
09-16-2011, 02:48 AM
Why is it that fun football is associated with Tebow?

We had some fun games with Cutler, a few with Plummer and a shitload with Elway, even DeBerg and Morton gave us fans some fun games. I'm sure we'll say the same about the quarterback we draft next year as well!

:D

Northman
09-16-2011, 07:12 AM
w0qewufHmf4&feature=related

My favorite part is @ 4:38.

Love that kids intensity and confidence.

I have no idea if he will ever be a great QB but for Denver's sake i hope so.

TXBRONC
09-16-2011, 08:20 AM
Winning is fun regardless of who the starting quarterback is.

Bullgator
09-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Winning is fun regardless of who the starting quarterback is.

with KO even winning is boring.

Bullgator
09-16-2011, 10:29 AM
FFS!

:mad:

not everyone has seen this.

slim
09-16-2011, 10:30 AM

Only for you, fan boi.

vandammage13
09-16-2011, 10:31 AM
The funny thing to me is if you look at the bottom line of the video before you start it, and you see that line about Charlie Whitehurst preparing to start for the Seahawks...

As bad as our QB situation is, its a refreshing reminder that it could be even worse.

At least we have someone to hang some hope on...Seattle fans have nothing...

rationalfan
09-16-2011, 10:37 AM
somebody please embed a video from the days of elway and TD to show these myopic tebow people what the highest level of football looks like. please.

CoachChaz
09-16-2011, 10:42 AM
The interesting thing is stuff like this can be posted or not posted. There are still going to be those that decided a long time ago that they dont want Tebow on this team and those that are in love with Tebow and those that are waiting to see what he can do.

It's never going to change anyone's mind

rationalfan
09-16-2011, 10:50 AM
The interesting thing is stuff like this can be posted or not posted. There are still going to be those that decided a long time ago that they dont want Tebow on this team and those that are in love with Tebow and those that are waiting to see what he can do.

It's never going to change anyone's mind

totally agree with you.

but from observation, the point of these boards isn't to change people's minds. it's to provide a place for fans to vent about their frustrations or celebrate their obsessions; and then find communion with the people who share their views.

Bullgator
09-16-2011, 10:54 AM
Only for you, fan boi.

Maybe... but out of the 2 wins that KO had (the chiefs game would not have been won without TTs 2 TDs) neither was fun to watch... it was more like surviving and a relief to escape. Where was the confidence, the passion?

CoachChaz
09-16-2011, 10:57 AM
totally agree with you.

but from observation, the point of these boards isn't to change people's minds. it's to provide a place for fans to vent about their frustrations or celebrate their obsessions; and then find communion with the people who share their views.

But it doesnt stop people from posting stats and video to try to prove their point to others. It doesnt stop people from making decisions about players based on what the media says and what they ASSUME the coaches are doing. Too many just lack the capability of doing this antiquated concept of making a decision based on something they see with their own two eyes.

I can read the same person say "Fox sucks as a coach" turn around and say "Tebow must suck if Fox wont play him". If a bad coach decides a player is bad or good...does that necessarily mean its true? Let's find out the old fashioned way. Let the player SHOW us what he can do.

At the end of the day...that is the only thing that will stop this petty bullshit

TXBRONC
09-16-2011, 11:01 AM

Not for me. I'll even go out on a limb and say for most fans winning isn't boring. You don't have to think Orton is any kind of long term solution to like winning. I have hunch your thinking is 180 degrees different when it comes the Gators.

TXBRONC
09-16-2011, 11:03 AM
somebody please embed a video from the days of elway and TD to show these myopic tebow people what the highest level of football looks like. please.

That's great idea and if I knew how I would.

slim
09-16-2011, 11:05 AM
25mJZhWgmBo

slim
09-16-2011, 11:06 AM
WpJaJM4Cy8o

slim
09-16-2011, 11:07 AM
This was fun:

KB3AVlM5itI

slim
09-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Cr0VanenvUg

vandammage13
09-16-2011, 11:10 AM

ENiQXQwG53M

A-ZjZyMSudw

That rookie sure looked polished back there...great pocket presence, ball security, accuracy....

I'm sure Tebow will never improve...:coffee:

Northman
09-16-2011, 11:20 AM
ENiQXQwG53M

A-ZjZyMSudw

That rookie sure looked polished back there...great pocket presence, ball security, accuracy....

I'm sure Tebow will never improve...:coffee:

You mean thats what a rookie looks like? Really? Say it aint so Joe!:lol:

Bullgator
09-16-2011, 11:24 AM
This was fun:

KB3AVlM5itI

that was luck... lucks always fun... enter andrew jokes here

EastCoastBronco
09-16-2011, 12:57 PM
This was fun:

KB3AVlM5itI

Orton sucked that whole goddam game.
He shouldn't get any kind of credit for that play.
He underthrew that pass, had it tipped and Stokely was aware (and lucky) enough to grab it...

It breaks my heart to see #15 rotting on our bench.

Orton, get off my lawn...

slim
09-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Orton sucked that whole goddam game.
He shouldn't get any kind of credit for that play.
He underthrew that pass, had it tipped and Stokely was aware (and lucky) enough to grab it...

It breaks my heart to see #15 rotting on our bench.

Orton, get off my lawn...

Yeah, Orton was pretty bad that game (the whole offense was, really).

It was a fun play to watch, nonetheless.

BORDERLINE
09-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Tebow has passion He plays with HEART,

some people say that's over hyped or whatever

but most hardcore Broncos fan know when they see a player who can make a difference

we saw it in Hillis and we where correct

Tebow is no different and Tebow is Hillis to FOX he won't play him he just won't

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2011, 01:37 PM

We had some fun games with Cutler, a few with Plummer and a shitload with Elway, even DeBerg and Morton gave us fans some fun games. I'm sure we'll say the same about the quarterback we draft next year as well!:D

Because the newest Tebow fans - errrrrrr, I mean Bronco fans, only know that fun football is associated with Tebow - based on his 3 games with the Broncos.

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Not for me. I'll even go out on a limb and say for most fans winning isn't boring. You don't have to think Orton is any kind of long term solution to like winning. I have hunch your thinking is 180 degrees different when it comes the Gators.

But it can be ugly.

BroncoStud
09-16-2011, 01:45 PM
As bad as Elway was back in 1983, is there ANYONE now who would prefer to watch Steve DeBerg play those games instead? Hell no. Elway got his chance, Orton has gotten his chance, give someone else a chance now.

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Because the newest Tebow fans - errrrrrr, I mean Bronco fans, only know that fun football is associated with Tebow - based on his 3 games with the Broncos.

what is your point here, attacking posters or what?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2011, 02:16 PM

What is my point - I was responding to the following, which Lancane posted:

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 02:23 PM
What is my point - I was responding to the following, which Lancane posted:

and you poked fun at some.

Tebows game are exciting to watch. He was fun to watch in college.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2011, 02:28 PM
and you poked fun at some.

Tebows game are exciting to watch. He was fun to watch in college.

Interpret it any way you want - I really don't care.

Jsteve01
09-16-2011, 02:34 PM

Phidelt her point is valid. We have a totally different fan base now that Tebow is a Bronco.

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Phidelt her point is valid. We have a totally different fan base now that Tebow is a Bronco.

I dont think completely different....just a few more extreme people. Broncos have always had a big strong fan base. What is a few hundred more people out of tens of thousand of people?

rationalfan
09-16-2011, 03:04 PM

but most hardcore Broncos fan know when they see a player who can make a difference

Tebow is no different and Tebow is Hillis to FOX he won't play him he just won't

first, it's been one game with fox. why not judge him, and his feelings on tebow, after the bye week - at least.

obviously, we all saw hillis could make a difference. my problem with hillis, though, was that so many fans celebrated him like the guy was the second coming of jim brown. he's a good back. that's it. nothing spectacular. nothing transcendent. just a good back.

it's the same with tebow. at this point, he's an interesting football player with some passionate flair. that's it. i hope he becomes more than that, but right now i just don't see it.

I Eat Staples
09-16-2011, 04:05 PM

No, if Orton actually won games he'd be fun.

I Eat Staples
09-16-2011, 04:23 PM

Good analogy, Tebow would make a great HB.

BORDERLINE
09-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Good analogy, Tebow would make a great HB.

I'm not on Orton hater or a Tebow homer.

I'm a Broncos fan first I go for the name on the front of the jersey not the back.

People that are anti Tebow don't want him to play...WHY???

They should all push for tebow to play so they can finally have proof that he sucks I guess.

I'm not calling for Fox's head after one game far from that. I just believe he likes a certain type of player at QB and Tebow is just not that type. And to me at least they need to stop molding him into something he's not and let him play with calls that favor his skill set. I just believe Fox won't do that.

TXBRONC
09-16-2011, 08:12 PM
But it can be ugly.

Even ugly wins are fun for me.

horsepig
09-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Yeah, but didn't Elway have great mechanics? He never ran out of the pocket and threw some wild-assed wing and a prayor type of throws, goodness, no.

He never failed to get his feet set and throw with perfect motion, a pass half way to the safety valve and right into ther infield dirt.

I Eat Staples
09-17-2011, 01:04 AM

Ugly wins can be the best kind sometimes. Always feels good to duke it out and come out on top.

threefolddead
09-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Looking purely at the the position of QB, TT is a far more exciting QB than Orton. I don't know that the football at a whole is more exciting although we did seem to be more competitive when Tebow played, but the QB play is. Watching Orton does not inspire any hope in the future. It just seems like a temporary solution that isn't going to get us where we want. I think we can all safely say Orton isn't a elite QB. TT is a mystery though. The excitement comes, for me, from the unknown of what he is, the things he does with pressure, and his passion. None of these things means he's a great QB but it does make me want to see him play over Orton.

And all wins are fun but if we could put together a winning season with Tebow at QB that would be a hell of a lot more exciting than if Orton did it because it may mean that we have a QB for the future.

Northman
09-17-2011, 12:35 PM

They were for me when we were among the elite franchises. Not so much now days. I just cant get overly excited by 1-3 point wins when you go 4-12 and such. :tsk:

spikerman
09-17-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm not pro-Orton or anti-Orton and I've made my feelings well known - that it makes absolutely ZERO sense to play Orton over Tebow this year for the simple fact that Denver needs to know if they need to draft a QB next year. This team can lose with Tebow just as easily as it loses with Orton. Without some magical turn of events this is not even remotely close to a playoff team, almost everybody knows that.

It also won't really matter who the quarterback is from a competition standpoint, because the front office once again failed to address the greatest need despite there being a greater pool than usual of talent available at the position. Once a team gets the lead on Denver, the game is pretty much over. Denver can't stop the run even when they know it's coming; they simply don't have the talent, and frankly they don't seem all that concerned about fixing that problem.

So, nothing against Orton who I think is a "serviceable" NFL QB, but the Broncos should go ahead and ride the lightning with Tebow this year. What's the worst that can happen? The team sucks? If that happens, then they know that Tebow probably isn't the guy and it puts the team in a better position to draft Luck or one of the other top QBs.