PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey, other injured Broncos still missing practice

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Another day of practice, another day with some of the Broncos most important players watching from the sidelines.

Starters Champ Bailey (hamstring), Elvis Dumervil (shoulder), Knowshon Moreno (hamstring), Brandon Lloyd (groin), and D.J. Williams (elbow) all were held out of practice again today as the Broncos prepare for Sunday's game against Cincinnati. Defensive tackles Marcus Thomas and Ty Warren and wide receiver Demaryius Thomas also remain out.

The more practices those players miss, the less likely they are to play against the Bengals. The team won't make any official declarations on playing status until Friday.

rest of article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18902161

dogfish
09-15-2011, 10:10 PM
that leaves ryan clady and brian dawkins as pretty much the only healthy non-rookie talent we've got-- and dawk's pushin' fifty!

TaylorK47
09-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Moreno is not that great but Elvis Champ and Llyod are going to hurt us if they dont start

Magnificent Seven
09-15-2011, 11:13 PM
I am not worried about Llyod. Decker!!!! I'm pumped for DECKER!

igoe4broncos
09-15-2011, 11:30 PM
Real lame. I'd like to see at least one or two of them on the field. We need some veteran leadership out there.

Krugan
09-16-2011, 08:13 AM
Might be interesting if Lloyd is out, just to see if Orton runs through his reads, without his blanket there.

Okay, maybe not, but im hopeful for anything positive at this point.

Northman
09-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Might be interesting if Lloyd is out, just to see if Orton runs through his reads, without his blanket there.

Okay, maybe not, but im hopeful for anything positive at this point.

Well, last week when Lloyd went out it forced Kyle to look at other receivers so this may be a good thing in that regard.

MOtorboat
09-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Well, last week when Lloyd went out it forced Kyle to look at other receivers so this may be a good thing in that regard.

It could be really ugly this week.

MileHighCrew
09-16-2011, 08:30 AM

There is that potiential every week

MOtorboat
09-16-2011, 08:31 AM
There is that potiential every week

Compound the possibility of five of our best seven players benched because of injury...I shudder...maybe I won't find somewhere to watch this one.

MileHighCrew
09-16-2011, 08:42 AM
Compound the possibility of five of our best seven players benched because of injury...I shudder...maybe I won't find somewhere to watch this one.

Oh I can't wait to watch, it will be great or sadly almost funny.

Northman
09-16-2011, 08:46 AM

Well, i just said that him looking at other options is a good thing. Whether or not he keeps throwing it in the dirt or behind them is a whole other thing. :lol:

BroncoStud
09-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Over-under for Cedric Benson rushing yards this week...

1,000 - I'm taking the over.

MileHighCrew
09-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Over-under for Cedric Benson rushing yards this week...

1,000 - I'm taking the over.

If the Broncos wear police uniforms this week then I'll agree

BroncoJoe
09-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Going to be another week of excuses to leave Orton as the starter.

Jsteve01
09-16-2011, 09:41 AM

Doh, Im going to this game

BroncoStud
09-16-2011, 09:58 AM

At least we aren't playing a good team. The Bungels are bad enough to keep this one close, but I have no misconceptions of winning this game. We were bad WITH our best players, we should be downright putrid without them.

dogfish
09-16-2011, 01:18 PM

come on, MO, where's your sense of the dramatic?

we boot this one, tebones or quinn might be starting by the time the reinforcements are all back, and the suck for luck campaign could be on in earnest. . . could be a real franchise watershed moment from a historical perspective. . . .

:heh:

dogfish
09-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Doh, Im going to this game

good luck with that. . . . :lol:

MOtorboat
09-16-2011, 01:44 PM
come on, MO, where's your sense of the dramatic?

we boot this one, tebones or quinn might be starting by the time the reinforcements are all back, and the suck for luck campaign could be on in earnest. . . could be a real franchise watershed moment from a historical perspective. . . .

:heh:

If Norton Duz Ortinary, Tebowz gonna starft weak three and wez a gonna go 14-2 and winz da Natinul Champchip.

Sorry. I couldn't resist.