PDA

View Full Version : orton looks good in practice

tennessee bronco
09-15-2011, 07:48 PM
kyle orton looked good in practice this week,so i guess he"ll look like a juco backup when we play cincy this weekend.

hotcarl
09-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Ok sounds good, see ya

DenBronx
09-15-2011, 09:18 PM
'ppreciate that.

dogfish
09-15-2011, 10:12 PM
your thread sucks. . .

:welcome:

Jsteve01
09-16-2011, 09:21 AM
your thread sucks. . .

hi hop, have you considered changing your adopted Bronco after that first game performance? I sure know I have.

dogfish
09-16-2011, 01:51 PM
hi hop, have you considered changing your adopted Bronco after that first game performance? I sure know I have.

nah, kupe's my boy-- i'm not turning on him after one game. . . i've seen the dude play well for years. . . i've been hugely disappointed in his play recently, but i know he's a good player. . . i really suspect that constantly lining up between scrubs has taken its toll on his game. . . put in a competent center, and i think kupes will bounce back in a big way. . .

i would definitely ditch joe mays, though-- that dude is turrible. . . i hear he had to try three times before boarding the team bus-- he kept overpursuing the door. . .

BroncoBJ
09-16-2011, 03:43 PM
When Doesn't Kyle Orton have a great practice? If the games were played in shorts and pads, Kyle would be pretty tough to beat. :salute:

I Eat Staples
09-16-2011, 05:20 PM
When Doesn't Kyle Orton have a great practice? If the games were played in shorts and pads, Kyle would be pretty tough to beat. :salute:

Honestly, I'm not so sure.

Locnar
09-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Of course he did well. There's no pressure and he isn't down by a touchdown..

GEM
09-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Of course he does. He knows the defense can't touch him. He saves the fetal position for game days! :D

sneakers
09-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Stop biting the heads off the noobs!

Welcome Tennessee Bronc!

broncobryce
09-16-2011, 05:41 PM
I hear they even Boo him when he goes to the bank to cash his check

PAINTERDAVE
09-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Orton looks GREAT in practice... in fact..
in practice.. he is UNDEFEATED.

dogfish
09-16-2011, 09:04 PM
I hear they even Boo him when he goes to the bank to cash his check

only when he drops it when there's no one around him. . . .

TXBRONC
09-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Orton looks GREAT in practice... in fact..
in practice.. he is UNDEFEATED.

That man is force of nature.

Watchthemiddle
09-16-2011, 11:43 PM
You would think that our D would be unstoppable with having to play against Orton in practice everyday. He is ALL WORLD DOVE VALLEY.

fvkw
09-17-2011, 08:34 AM
your thread sucks. . .

Are we talkin' bout practice again ? Practice? Were still talkin' bout practice? Lol !!!!!

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

scott.475
09-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Championship!

Agent of Orange
09-17-2011, 08:38 AM
It's interesting how the reason Orton became the starter was because of things were taking place that weren't in full view of the fanbase.

scott.475
09-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Game days are in full view of the fan base.

Agent of Orange
09-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Game days are in full view of the fan base.

Precisely!

Ravage!!!
09-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Yeah.. its a conspiracy. :eyeroll: Brilliant.

I tell you why Tebow isn't playing... write this down. Its because right now, with the mystery surrounding his play, and his name, and the fact that his three games didn't give the other teams enough time to really see much.... they are going to trade Tebow next offseason while they have the chance. Right now, his value is at its HIGHEST it can be, and playing him would only allow teams to see just how bad he truly is.. thus plummeting his worth.

This coming draft, we will use Tebow to gain draft picks (a pick) so that we can bundle up and get a shot at one of the top QBs.. namely Luck.

CrazyHorse
09-17-2011, 11:10 AM
yeah.. Its a conspiracy. :eyeroll: Brilliant.

I tell you why tebow isn't playing... Write this down. Its because right now, with the mystery surrounding his play, and his name, and the fact that his three games didn't give the other teams enough time to really see much.... They are going to trade tebow next offseason while they have the chance. Right now, his value is at its highest it can be, and playing him would only allow teams to see just how bad he truly is.. Thus plummeting his worth.

This coming draft, we will use tebow to gain draft picks (a pick) so that we can bundle up and get a shot at one of the top qbs.. Namely luck.

**** Luck. I want Timmy.

BroncoStud
09-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Yeah.. its a conspiracy. :eyeroll: Brilliant.

I tell you why Tebow isn't playing... write this down. Its because right now, with the mystery surrounding his play, and his name, and the fact that his three games didn't give the other teams enough time to really see much.... they are going to trade Tebow next offseason while they have the chance. Right now, his value is at its HIGHEST it can be, and playing him would only allow teams to see just how bad he truly is.. thus plummeting his worth.

This coming draft, we will use Tebow to gain draft picks (a pick) so that we can bundle up and get a shot at one of the top QBs.. namely Luck.

No it's not. Tebow isn't playing because starting him would have put Fox at odds with the lockerroom from the beginning. Fox has to let Orton play himself out of the spot or the Broncos get eliminated from contention before he can make the move without a major distraction happening.

Orton is doing just that - playing himself out of the position. Many of us knew that it would happen as the pressure mounted on him.

I venture to say that this week's game is as big as there will EVER be for Kyle Orton's NFL future. If he falters this week it's going to be really hard for him to win more than 2 or 3 games this year and get a contract next season worth a damn.

Ravage!!!
09-17-2011, 03:13 PM
I venture to say that this week's game is as big as there will EVER be for Kyle Orton's NFL future. If he falters this week it's going to be really hard for him to win more than 2 or 3 games this year and get a contract next season worth a damn.

I think you guys are focused on the contract next year, too much. Who cares what his contract is next year when no matter what, he's not going to be here. Even if he was a STUD all season, he wouldn't be here. Good, bad, or indifferent, he's not going to be here.

But thats just me.

scott.475
09-17-2011, 03:34 PM
I think you guys are focused on the contract next year, too much. Who cares what his contract is next year when no matter what, he's not going to be here. Even if he was a STUD all season, he wouldn't be here. Good, bad, or indifferent, he's not going to be here.

But thats just me.

Especially with the seeming emotional meltdown he is having. Have a hard time seeing an organization like the Broncos keeping a mediocre QB who seems to be viewing Bronco fans with more and more contempt.

UnderArmour
09-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Watching Case McCoy in the first half today really makes the case for Tebow. Gilbert had beat him out in practice but when it's actually game time the guy makes plays and he takes charge. I have no doubt that Tebow can do the same.

claymore
09-17-2011, 04:11 PM
I wonder how many other 3rd stringers and practice squad guys are secret gamers like Tebow. Lets bench all of our starters and see if they ball on Sundays.

UnderArmour
09-17-2011, 04:15 PM
I wonder how many other 3rd stringers and practice squad guys are secret gamers like Tebow. Lets bench all of our starters and see if they ball on Sundays.

Tebow isn't a secret gamer. We already know he's a gamer. We've seen him play.

claymore
09-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Tebow isn't a secret gamer. We already know he's a gamer. We've seen him play.

So was Bradlee Vanpelt.

dogfish
09-17-2011, 04:25 PM

But thats just me.

gotta get in as much complaining about him as possible before then!

Tned
09-17-2011, 04:27 PM

Guess you missed the depth chart that shows Tebow as the Co-no 2.

lgenf
09-17-2011, 04:29 PM
no one missed the depth chart we know where he is ranked

guess you missed the game film?

claymore
09-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Guess you missed the depth chart that shows Tebow as the Co-no 2.
We all saw it, we all laughed. Im more interested in what was reported on Monday night, and what wasnt disputed. If you can find a quote from fox or Elway denying it, I will listen.

no one missed the depth chart we know where he is ranked

guess you missed the game film?

What film?

BroncoStud
09-17-2011, 05:18 PM
What film?

Rudy.

BroncoStud
09-17-2011, 05:20 PM

Well, Rod Smith was on the practice squad until he got his chance... Tom Brady was a skinny backup until Drew Bledsoe nearly died. Kurt Warner was stocking grocery store shelves when TrINT Green tore a knee.

claymore
09-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Well, Rod Smith was on the practice squad until he got his chance... Tom Brady was a skinny backup until Drew Bledsoe nearly died. Kurt Warner was stocking grocery store shelves when TrINT Green tore a knee.

None of those guys were drafted in the first round.

If any of those guys didnt know the most basic part of their position like running routes, or taking a snap from under center, then we wouldnt know their names.

lgenf
09-17-2011, 09:06 PM
What film?

Those last three games from last year

That didn't look like a guy that doesn't know how to play QB

And I don't care what practice looks like

Orton looks Like what in practice, but looks like crap in games (and I'm not talking about this year, one game does not show you anything)

horsepig
09-17-2011, 09:12 PM

If any of those guys didnt know the most basic part of their position like running routes, or taking a snap from under center, then we wouldnt know their names.

Are you serious?

TXBRONC
09-17-2011, 09:23 PM

But thats just me.

More than like he won't be in Denver but I think there is still a window of opportunity to be re-signed. But before that would happen Denver's season would have to take turn for the better.

scott.475
09-17-2011, 09:44 PM
More than like he won't be in Denver but I think there is still a window of opportunity to be re-signed. But before that would happen Denver's season would have to take turn for the better.

If we keep Orton after this year I think I will have a stroke, I think a lot of us will have a stroke!

Lancane
09-17-2011, 10:14 PM
If we keep Orton after this year I think I will have a stroke, I think a lot of us will have a stroke!

I think a lot of people will be in jail, because a shitload of fans are likely to go to Dove Valley and start pissing on everybody!

:lol:

broncobryce
09-18-2011, 02:53 AM
Yeah, we try to trade him, then sign him to a long contract. Some of you really worry me.

BroncoStud
09-18-2011, 07:39 AM
Yeah, we try to trade him, then sign him to a long contract. Some of you really worry me.

Yeah, I don't see that happening. Orton is going to struggle all year to keep his starting job let alone get a contract out Elway.

TXBRONC
09-18-2011, 08:19 AM

I wouldn't fret about it to much. I don't it happening unless we make deep playoff run.

claymore
09-18-2011, 08:28 AM

Are you serious?
Yes I am serious. If a bunch of late round/UFA didnt know the simplest of duties required by their position then we wouldnt even know who they were today.

Those last three games from last year

That didn't look like a guy that doesn't know how to play QB

And I don't care what practice looks like

Orton looks Like what in practice, but looks like crap in games (and I'm not talking about this year, one game does not show you anything)

I was told those 3 games dont count and I cant used them in an argument.

Juriga72
09-18-2011, 10:49 AM
Orton MIGHT lead us to our first 0-2 start since... when again?

scott.475
09-18-2011, 12:20 PM
No kidding, last week I think in the 3rd quarter, Oakland was either kicking or punting to us and I actually thought "Aw crap, we're getting the ball back". :laugh: