PDA

View Full Version : Tebow to fans: thanks, but I’m good

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2011, 04:51 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP)—Tim Tebow appreciates his fans cheering for him to take over as the Denver Broncos’ quarterback but says he trusts his coach and will bide his time without complaint.

A group of his most ardent supporters have said they’d like to buy two billboards in downtown Denver urging coach John Fox to bench Kyle Orton(notes) in favor of the former Florida star.

Tebow said he’d rather they donate the $10,000 to his charitable foundation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-tebowstake

AND

Broncos' John Fox not swayed by Tim Tebow billboard effort

Asked about the prospect of billboards supporting him, Tebow said: "Um, well, I mean I guess I appreciate the support. But we have people in charge here that we trust, and trust that they're going to do the right thing and do a good job."

Asked if the money should instead be donated to the Tim Tebow Foundation to support various charitable causes, Tebow added: "I think that's a good idea."

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18903737

Northman
09-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Im sure the team trusted McDaniels at one point too. lmao

Ravage!!!
09-15-2011, 05:00 PM
He's a great guy. Can't help but like him as a person, thats for certain.

Ravage!!!
09-15-2011, 05:00 PM

That lasted about 2 days...

Mike
09-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Mike to Broncos...get rid of the bum, thanks.

Krugan
09-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Feel for these guys who want the billboards.

Pretty sure ive read at least 5 times that they want ANYONE not named Orton.

I worry about the state of the world, when reading is broken.

Davii
09-15-2011, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't expect anything different of Tebow. Not just the words, but the actions described. Tebow seems to be a team player, and he would know better than anyone whether or not he's ready. Were Tim to clamor for the starting job I would lose a lot of respect for him. He knows he must earn that shot.

NightTerror218
09-15-2011, 05:15 PM
I wouldn't expect anything different of Tebow. Not just the words, but the actions described. Tebow seems to be a team player, and he would know better than anyone whether or not he's ready. Were Tim to clamor for the starting job I would lose a lot of respect for him. He knows he must earn that shot.

I think he could do it in real time games. Compare his starts to Ortons.

Davii
09-15-2011, 05:45 PM
I think he could do it in real time games. Compare his starts to Ortons.

Well... He has to earn that shot... Unfortunately, for now, Orton has convinced the decision makers that he's the better option. If Orton continues to suck it up then Tim will get his chance. Until Tim can show he's better, in practice, he'll get the opportunity quicker. Otherwise he has to wait until Kyle gets hurt or he plays so poorly even Fox can't stand to watch.

underrated29
09-15-2011, 05:47 PM

yeah, the first was day one of the draft. The second was day two.

Ravage!!!
09-15-2011, 05:48 PM
yeah, the first was day one of the draft. The second was day two.

It ended far before the draft. It was the day he traded and got Orton to be our starter.

underrated29
09-15-2011, 05:50 PM
It ended far before the draft. It was the day he traded and got Orton to be our starter.

I pretend that never happened. Cutlers dad got sick and so he moved to chicago to take care of him. Dont ruin my little world.

Northman
09-15-2011, 05:50 PM

Which is why Tebow should be cautious. If the FO REALLY arent sold on him he could be traded without an opportunity at all. He should call Jay Cutler in regards to trusting a new HC.

Ravage!!!
09-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Which is why Tebow should be cautious. If the FO REALLY arent sold on him he could be traded without an opportunity at all. He should call Jay Cutler in regards to trusting a new HC.

Well, at least Tebow got a chance to show the coach what he has or doesn't have.

Northman
09-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Well, at least Tebow got a chance to show the coach what he has or doesn't have.

Yes and no.

Lancane
09-15-2011, 05:59 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP)—Tim Tebow appreciates his fans cheering for him to take over as the Denver Broncos’ quarterback but says he trusts his coach and will bide his time without complaint.

A group of his most ardent supporters have said they’d like to buy two billboards in downtown Denver urging coach John Fox to bench Kyle Orton(notes) in favor of the former Florida star.

Tebow said he’d rather they donate the $10,000 to his charitable foundation.

Funny, he's been asked to comment on the "We want Tebow" chants before and he was thankful of the fans. This sounds more like an attempted PR move by the team not Tebow, not saying he doesn't agree...but the billboards were meant to be anti-Orton not pro-Tebow.

Ehhh...I don't buy it, feels like the team wants Tebow to manage their own damage control instead of dealing with the headache themselves.

weazel
09-15-2011, 06:02 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-tebowstake

AND

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18903737

http://tallskinnykiwi.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c5bb353ef0134899cb209970c-pi

MOtorboat
09-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Funny, he's been asked to comment on the "We want Tebow" chants before and he was thankful of the fans. This sounds more like an attempted PR move by the team not Tebow, not saying he doesn't agree...but the billboards were meant to be anti-Orton not pro-Tebow.

Ehhh...I don't buy it, feels like the team wants Tebow to manage their own damage control instead of dealing with the headache themselves.

We all know this is about Tebow.

chazoe60
09-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Why is it that people can't understand that some of us just want Orton gone. I don't give two shits about Tebow, I just can't stand watching the ineptitude that is Kyle Orton. And I think there are a lot of fans like me.

Ravage!!!
09-15-2011, 06:10 PM
but the billboards were meant to be anti-Orton not pro-Tebow.

Which is why I think you get this response from Tim. Despite those on the boards trying to make it sound as if Orton is throwing daggers at Tim, I'm betting there isn't much adversity between the two. They are teammates. You don't encourage the hate towards a teammate, no matter what. You have their back, thats just natural between those on the team (as you know).

So I, personally, wouldn't expect anything different from Tim, and don't think it has to be something from the team at all... just from him.

Ravage!!!
09-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Why is it that people can't understand that some of us just want Orton gone. I don't give two shits about Tebow, I just can't stand watching the ineptitude that is Kyle Orton. And I think there are a lot of fans like me.

I think most understand that. I think most of us feel that way. But what would you want us to do about it?

MOtorboat
09-15-2011, 06:12 PM

Three members of the group live in Florida, three live in Kentucky.

This is about Tebow.

Lancane
09-15-2011, 06:24 PM
We all know this is about Tebow.

No it's not Mo, Jesse is just sick of Orton to the point that his status as a fan is in question. Do you really believe he and those who're supporting him are the only ones? Not everyone can continually swallow shit and think it's for the best! It's like politics in a way, we all get tired of the same old, same old and we want the wrongs righted, and politicians with nothing but self interests removed or kept from taking office, no matter if we're liberals, moderates or conservatives - that's why we vote. But that luxury is not granted to fans in the realm of pro athletics, so we have to display our disconcerting disgust in other ways.

This isn't just a matter of Orton vs Tebow, this is a matter of Fans vs Orton, and the bitch is behind in the polls, we can't oust his ass, so we're going to try and get someone else into his position come hell or high water. And it reminds me a lot of the last presidential election in fact, I'm a liberal and I was unsure about Obama, I was going to vote for McCain till I found out that Palin was running with him and that was what threw my vote for Obama. Right now anyone is better then Orton, win-lose-draw, I would rather go 3-13 with Tebow and draft a quarterback, then 5-11 with Orton and still draft a quarterback, but at least with Tebow starting people can not say we don't know what we have in him.

silkamilkamonico
09-15-2011, 06:28 PM
i honestly believe at this point people arent cheering so much for tim tebow as theu are against kyle orton. if quinn was the backup i bet we would be hearing chants of "brady quinn" amongst the bleachered fanbase.

MOtorboat
09-15-2011, 06:29 PM
There's a lot of Broncos fans who are upset. I get that.

But six dudes from SEC Country are putting up billboards in Denver to oust Orton, and the backup just so happens to be the most beloved player in the history of college sports...

Sorry, too much coincidence for me.

Lancane
09-15-2011, 06:30 PM
There's a lot of Broncos fans who are upset. I get that.

But six dudes from SEC Country are putting up billboards in Denver to oust Orton, and the backup just so happens to be the most beloved player in the history of college sports...

Sorry, too much coincidence for me.

So it would be better if they were Big Ten fans right? :lol:

MOtorboat
09-15-2011, 06:35 PM
So it would be better if they were Big Ten fans right? :lol:

lol, yeah, I guess.

And yes, I'm taking two and assuming two and making four, but there's too much coincidence for me.

I think its kind of dumb (trying to put it as nicely as I can), no matter who's doing it, but let's not pretend that the Billboards (not your frustrations) are about Tebow.

FanInAZ
09-15-2011, 06:37 PM
I fully agree with Tebow that the money would be better spent by giving it to a worthy charity, but I would add that the money should be given to a charity of their choosing.

These billboards are not going to convince Fox to bench Orton any more than those Oakland billboards have convinced Al Davis to hire a GM. It would be one thing if Fox was new to head coaching, but he's not. He has an entrenched football philosophy that he will stand by to the end. Right or wrong, there's nothing that we fans can say to him to change his ways.

Lancane
09-15-2011, 06:45 PM
I fully agree with Tebow that the money would be better spent by giving it to a worthy charity, but I would add that the money should be given to a charity of their choosing.

These billboards are not going to convince Fox to bench Orton any more than those Oakland billboards have convinced Al Davis to hire a GM. It would be one thing if Fox was new to head coaching, but he's not. He has an entrenched football philosophy that he will stand by to the end. Right or wrong, there's nothing that we fans can say to him to change his ways.

You might be right, you may be wrong...but so long as this is a free country, I'll support those who wish to exact their rights in accordance to the letter of the law. If they want to protest Orton using their money on billboards to express their freedom of speech, then I'm all for it!

NightTerror218
09-15-2011, 06:54 PM
You might be right, you may be wrong...but so long as this is a free country, I'll support those who wish to exact their rights in accordance to the letter of the law. If they want to protest Orton using their money on billboards to express their freedom of speech, then I'm all for it!

If fans start getting bored of watching Orton start and seats become empty and sales plummet then something might change. But till then nothing will.

MOtorboat
09-15-2011, 06:59 PM
If fans start getting bored of watching Orton start and seats become empty and sales plummet then something might change. But till then nothing will.

Well, the games are sold out this year, so you'll just have to wait till next year for that to matter.

Empty seats don't always mean the seats weren't paid for.

AlWilsonizKING
09-15-2011, 07:06 PM
if quinn was the backup i bet we would be hearing chants of "brady quinn" amongst the bleachered fanbase.

I thought he was the back-up. That's what's so funny about all the calls for Tebow. He was listed as third string.

PEACE!!!

dogfish
09-15-2011, 07:09 PM

sorry bud, you're obscured by the shrieking of the tebow yayhoos. . . .

:heh:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2011, 07:15 PM
They just showed Jesse Oaks talking on local FOX, and he had a Tebow jersey on.

Northman
09-15-2011, 07:16 PM

Bingo.

NightTerror218
09-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Well, the games are sold out this year, so you'll just have to wait till next year for that to matter.

Empty seats don't always mean the seats weren't paid for.

just saying lack of sales can lead to blackout

NightTerror218
09-15-2011, 07:17 PM

soo? Many people own Tebow jerseys. Many people are not happy with Orton.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2011, 07:18 PM
just saying lack of sales can lead to blackout

And the ones who would suffer would be those in the Denver metro area - I believe it takes in a 70 mile radius, or something like that.

Northman
09-15-2011, 07:18 PM
soo? Many people own Tebow jerseys. Many people are not happy with Orton.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yea, i got a laugh out of that ridiculous comment too. Oh Noes! He was wearing a Tebow Jersey! Its a conspiracy!

MOtorboat
09-15-2011, 07:19 PM

Yup...this is JUST about Orton...

These are Florida boosters who are used to throwing money around until they get their way.

This is not how an NFL organization should be run, and if Elway and Fox cave there are serious, serious issues with the front office.

Northman
09-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Yup...this is JUST about Orton...

These are Florida boosters who are used to throwing money around until they get their way.

This is not how an NFL organization should be run, and if Elway and Fox cave there are serious, serious issues with the front office.

They wont cave, its silly to think they even will.

dogfish
09-15-2011, 07:22 PM

did he have all or most of his teeth?

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2011, 07:22 PM
johnelway John Elway
If decisions were made based on one week, I’d have been outta here after my first start!
3 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/johnelway

MOtorboat
09-15-2011, 07:23 PM
They wont cave, its silly to think they even will.

They certainly gave the appearance last year that they caved to fan pressure to fire McDaniels...

And here we are again. They've set a bad precedent, and now some Florida boosters are trying to throw their money at it.

Northman
09-15-2011, 07:23 PM
did he have all or most of his teeth?

Was he wearing alligator boots?

tennessee bronco
09-15-2011, 07:25 PM
im tired of hearing orton gives us the best chance to win.hello espn he's not winning the last time we did win was when tebow was quarterback dont wait till we're 2-10 to play tebow broncos are going nowhere fast with orton if we dont play tebow he'll be gone remember favre as a falcon? no one else does either wake up elway,fox ,bolen,xanders tebow is a winner who's buying orton jerseys nobody tebow is money

Northman
09-15-2011, 07:26 PM
They certainly gave the appearance last year that they caved to fan pressure to fire McDaniels...

And here we are again. They've set a bad precedent, and now some Florida boosters are trying to throw their money at it.

Well, unless you have proof that they are florida boosters thats just speculation on your part.

As too the pressure, McDaniels got himself fired. The fact that the fans didnt care for him was just part of it. A lot of fans didnt like McD after his first year so if Bowlen was really listening to the fans McD would of been fired then. At the end of the day if Tebow comes in it will be because we are out of the playoff race or Orton is stinking it up. If Fox gets fired it will be because he isnt winning just like McDaniels. But he will get at least a year or two to right the ship before that happens.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-15-2011, 07:26 PM

No offense Carol, but that's a load of crap John is giving us. That game was far from Kyle's first start. He's a seasoned veteran. John is comparing his rookie year to Kyle who's been in the league going ion his sixth year now?

What a load of crap.

MOtorboat
09-15-2011, 07:28 PM
im tired of hearing orton gives us the best chance to win.hello espn he's not winning the last time we did win was when tebow was quarterback dont wait till we're 2-10 to play tebow broncos are going nowhere fast with orton if we dont play tebow he'll be gone remember favre as a falcon? no one else does either wake up elway,fox ,bolen,xanders tebow is a winner who's buying orton jerseys nobody tebow is money

Sweet...more Florida fans.

Denver Native (Carol)
I'm sorry - BUT what the heck does the following have to do with anything - this is getting ridiculous :tsk:

Oaks says on the billboards he wants to put up Vice President of Football Operations John Elway's salary, Fox's salary, how much the team is worth and the price of a new quarterback.

AND from same article:

He is having some difficulty with being able to create the billboard because of issues with trademark infringement, but wants to keep pushing forward to get Orton off the field.

full article - http://www.9news.com/news/article/219424/72/Out-of-state-fans-want-to-put-up-anti-Kyle-Orton-billboards-

Northman

My response:

"If you were a 7 year vet and sucking you would of been."

MOtorboat
09-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Well, unless you have proof that they are florida boosters thats just speculation on your part.

As too the pressure, McDaniels got himself fired. The fact that the fans didnt care for him was just part of it. A lot of fans didnt like McD after his first year so if Bowlen was really listening to the fans McD would of been fired then. At the end of the day if Tebow comes in it will be because we are out of the playoff race or Orton is stinking it up. If Fox gets fired it will be because he isnt winning just like McDaniels. But he will get at least a year or two to right the ship before that happens.

You're right, it is speculation as about 99 percent of the posts on this board incorporate.

But its one hell of a coincidence.

Northman
09-15-2011, 07:33 PM
You're right, it is speculation as about 99 percent of the posts on this board incorporate.

Well homie, its not coincidence that the fanbase is pretty pissed about the last few years. Sooner or later someone was going to take it too some extreme.

NightTerror218
09-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Sweet...more Florida fans.

anyone who wants Orton gone is a Tebow fan now....gotcha

dogfish
09-15-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm sorry - BUT what the heck does the following have to do with anything - this is getting ridiculous :tsk:

AND from same article:

full article - http://www.9news.com/news/article/219424/72/Out-of-state-fans-want-to-put-up-anti-Kyle-Orton-billboards-

He says he is open to a dialogue with the Broncos.

"We are die-hard Broncos fans. I have seven jerseys. I travel out of town at least once a year to go see a game. That's hotel, that's gas, that's airfare, that's seats, tickets, beers, popcorns, food," he said. "We spend a lot of money on the Denver Broncos and we want to hear what they think about our situation, we want to hear back from them. We don't spend thousands of dollars every season for nothing."

he's "open to a dialogue with the broncos?"

:rofl:

yea, maybe elway will call you personally and get your detailed opinion. . . you pathetic, self-important azzclown!

Nomad
09-15-2011, 07:35 PM
My response:

"If you were a 7 year vet and sucking you would of been."

yeah, Johnny Boy should of thought about that statement before putting it out there:lol:! His rookie start vs a 7 yr vets start

MOtorboat
09-15-2011, 07:37 PM
anyone who wants Orton gone is a Tebow fan now....gotcha

Well, no, but that's not at all what I said, either, is it?

I would venture that one who goes on television in a Tebow jersey talking about anti-Orton billboards is a Tebow fan, no?

The fact that six of the seven individuals involved are from SEC country is mighty coincidental, too, no?

NightTerror218
09-15-2011, 07:38 PM

AND from same article:

So you are picking what you want out of this article to post on here...what about

"Why wait for another average year when we can see what our future holds, and if Kyle Orton, Brady Quinn, Tim Tebow and Adam Weber, neither one of them [have] it, we need to put in for the draft next year. Why wait another year to be average?" Oaks said. "Tebow is my personal opinion who I think is going to go, but no, I don't care what the back nameplate says about the quarterback, as long as it's putting victories in the win column."

this is from the article too.

NightTerror218
09-15-2011, 07:39 PM

that is is a bronco fan that does not want Orton to start, why dont you look at what he has actually said........your speculation is way off

MOtorboat
09-15-2011, 07:39 PM

yea, maybe elway will call you personally and get your detailed opinion. . . you pathetic, self-important azzclown!

The entire thing smacks of the type of crap boosters pull.

Lancane
09-15-2011, 07:41 PM

I would venture that one who goes on television in a Tebow jersey talking about anti-Orton billboards is a Tebow fan, no?

The fact that six of the seven individuals involved are from SEC country is mighty coincidental, too, no?

I understand what you're saying, and even if he lives in SEC country, it would have been far smarter to wear a jersey that was not Tebow related because it made him look like a die-hard Tebow fan.

But I've wanted Orton gone for a long time, and I am not a Tebow fan...but Orton has had his shot with two major franchises and no one wants him in the end besides his neckbeard groupies. Elway and Fox should have realized before hand the utter disgust keeping him would do, that's on them.

Still I believe we'll draft a quarterback, but that doesn't change the fact I am unhappy that Orton still has a position still in Denver!

MOtorboat
09-15-2011, 07:41 PM
that is is a bronco fan that does not want Orton to start, why dont you look at what he has actually said........your speculation is way off

The dude went on TV to discuss this in a Tebow jersey.

Are you really that dense?

NightTerror218
09-15-2011, 07:42 PM

You called me a Florida fan...just because I rather Tebow start then Orton....so I can see what the kid has to offer. You throw around Florida fan acquisitions all the time.

I live in Alaska....can you tell what conference I am a fan of? People move all over the country, just because they are in Kentucky doesn't mean they are SEC fans. Like saying California residents must be Raider/49er/Charger fans.

MOtorboat
09-15-2011, 07:44 PM
I understand what you're saying, and even if he lives in SEC country, it would have been far smarter to wear a jersey that was not Tebow related because it made him look like a die-hard Tebow fan.

But I've wanted Orton gone for a long time, I am not a Tebow fan...but Orton has had his shot with two major franchises and no one wants him in the end besides his neckbeard groupies. Elway and Fox should have realized before hand the utter disgust keeping him would do, that's on them.

Yeah, so, again, this isn't about you.

This is about a dude in Kentucky who's buying anti-Orton billboards in Denver and goes on television in a Tebow jersey. Oh, yeah, and three of his backers just HAPPEN to live in Florida.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-15-2011, 07:44 PM
The entire thing smacks of the type of crap boosters pull.

It actually reminded me of a Raiders fan base that was fed up with Al Davis in the last couple of years.

Northman
09-15-2011, 07:45 PM
He should of wore a Shawn Moore jersey.

NightTerror218
09-15-2011, 07:45 PM
The dude went on TV to discuss this in a Tebow jersey.

Are you really that dense?

I guess I am....since a huge portion of Bronco fans own his jersey......Of bronco fans with QB jerseys they either have Elway or Tebow.....very few Orton jerseys and Culter/Plummer jerseys are no longer out there being worn.

He said he owns 7 but so what if he wears a Tebow jersey, he said he preference to start is Tebow but he would take anyone over Orton.

Nomad
09-15-2011, 07:46 PM

But I've wanted Orton gone for a long time, I am not a Tebow fan...but Orton has had his shot with two major franchises and no one wants him in the end besides his neckbeard groupies. Elway and Fox should have realized before hand the utter disgust keeping him would do, that's on them.

LSU really dislikes Florida especially Tebow:lol:

Well, Stink said a while ago no QB on the roster is the future. OK, with that mindset, let Tebow have his shot and move on. I said in Painter's thread.....he loses to the Raiders, I'm done supporting him which I did all last year! He's not the future for any team and perhaps Tebow is not either. I'd like to see what he can do.

NightTerror218
09-15-2011, 07:46 PM
He should of wore a Shawn Moore jersey.

Should have worn Culter....or Marshall....or Hillis.....all the missed cast outs

dogfish
09-15-2011, 07:47 PM
He said he owns 7 but so what if he wears a Tebow jersey, he said he preference to start is Tebow but he would take anyone over Orton.

why are we obligated to take him at his word?

Northman
09-15-2011, 07:48 PM
I guess I am....since a huge portion of Bronco fans own his jersey......Of bronco fans with QB jerseys they either have Elway or Tebow.....very few Orton jerseys and Culter/Plummer jerseys are no longer out there being worn.

Yes yes, but its 7 TEBOW jerseys. :lol:

NightTerror218
09-15-2011, 07:48 PM

why not...he gave his opinion, he preferred Tebow to start. But like many people, anyone but Orton. People are just fed up with his losing ways.

NightTerror218
09-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Yes yes, but its 7 TEBOW jerseys. :lol:

6 Tebow and 1 marshall

Northman
09-15-2011, 07:49 PM

Your not, but it doesnt make him a liar either.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2011, 07:50 PM
yeah, Johnny Boy should of thought about that statement before putting it out there:lol:! His rookie start vs a 7 yr vets start

IMO - what Elway was saying was the FIRST game under the NEW regime - which includes him. They are now the ones making the team decisions.

MOtorboat
09-15-2011, 07:51 PM
You called me a Florida fan...just because I rather Tebow start then Orton....so I can see what the kid has to offer. You throw around Florida fan acquisitions all the time.

I live in Alaska....can you tell what conference I am a fan of? People move all over the country, just because they are in Kentucky doesn't mean they are SEC fans. Like saying California residents must be Raider/49er/Charger fans.

You are dense.

I called the dude from Kentucky buying an anti-Orton billboard wearing a Tebow jersey in a TV appearance about the billboard a Florida fan.

And then, another SEC Country Bronco fan posted a nonsensical, stream of conscious rant about Tebow and Elway a Florida fan.

Where exactly did you enter into that?

Guilty conscience?

NightTerror218
09-15-2011, 07:52 PM
IMO - what Elway was saying was the FIRST game under the NEW regime - which includes him. They are now the ones making the team decisions.

well he left it open to speculation and different translations......poor choice of word use.

Nomad
09-15-2011, 07:54 PM

With due all respect Carol, John was talking his first game as a rookie. I couldn't tell you what happen but I assumed he sucked. You know we all love Elway but that comment was out in left field. If Orton was a rookie, then it was fitting.

Lancane
09-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Yeah, so, again, this isn't about you.

This is about a dude in Kentucky who's buying anti-Orton billboards in Denver and goes on television in a Tebow jersey. Oh, yeah, and three of his backers just HAPPEN to live in Florida.

It's about anyone who is anti-Orton and a Broncos' fan, if you want to make it personal then be my guest. I understood some of what you we're stating, I personally would have not worn the Tebow jersey since it's meant to be anti-Orton not pro-Tebow, he simply did not think that far ahead or what doing so could mean in the eyes of some. But there are fans all throughout the world, both Bronco fans and Tebow fans, from Florida to Carolina, from California to Tokyo. Point is, is that beyond that your classifying people in a general populous...that's like someone saying that all people born in Kentucky are inbred rednecks which would be completely inaccurate. I myself live in Colorado and am a Big Ten alumni and fan, when people may believe that I am a fan of the Pac-10 or Mountain West because those are the two conferences which Colorado has football programs.

NightTerror218
09-15-2011, 07:55 PM
You are dense.

I called the dude from Kentucky buying an anti-Orton billboard wearing a Tebow jersey in a TV appearance about the billboard a Florida fan.

And then, another SEC Country Bronco fan posted a nonsensical, stream of conscious rant about Tebow and Elway a Florida fan.

Where exactly did you enter into that?

Guilty conscience?

And you are *****:welcome:.....I quoted you each time. I followed you calleing the guy a Flordia/SEC fan along with his group of buddies helping to buy the billboard.

And then I asked you why you assumed him being SEC fan based on location and Tebow jersey. :tsk::tsk:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Broncos executive vice president John Elway weighed in on the quarterback controversy Thursday via Twitter.

“If decisions were made based on one week, I’d have been outta here after my first start!,” the Hall of Fame quarterback said. "We’re all disappointed with the outcome of our first game, but there’s still a lot of football left to be played."

http://www.kdvr.com/sports/football/broncos/kdvr-diehard-broncos-fans-plan-billboard-done-with-orton-20110915,0,2343243.story

Northman
09-15-2011, 07:59 PM
http://www.kdvr.com/sports/football/broncos/kdvr-diehard-broncos-fans-plan-billboard-done-with-orton-20110915,0,2343243.story

When he says his first start, he is talking about playing QB.

MOtorboat
09-15-2011, 08:00 PM
It's about anyone who is anti-Orton and a Broncos' fan, if you want to make it personal then be my guest. I understood some of what you we're stating, I personally would have not worn the Tebow jersey since it's meant to be anti-Orton not pro-Tebow, he simply did not think that far ahead or what doing so could mean in the eyes of some. But there are fans all throughout the world, both Bronco fans and Tebow fans, from Florida to Carolina, from California to Tokyo. Point is, is that beyond that your classifying people in a general populous...that's like someone saying that all people born in Kentucky are inbred rednecks which would be completely inaccurate. I myself live in Colorado and am a Big Ten alumni and fan, when people may believe that I am a fan of the Pac-10 or Mountain West because those are the two conferences which Colorado has football programs.

Unbelievable.

I've classified one person specifically, and six other people associated with him. That's it.

MOtorboat
09-15-2011, 08:03 PM
And you are *****:welcome:.....I quoted you each time. I followed you calleing the guy a Flordia/SEC fan along with his group of buddies helping to buy the billboard.

And then I asked you why you assumed him being SEC fan based on location and Tebow jersey. :tsk::tsk:

I never categorized you as anything. You took my comments about this one person and inserted yourself into them and then got offended.

I assume HE is a Florida fan for HIS actions. This has nothing to do with you or anyone else who owns a Tebow jersey.

Good lord.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2011, 08:04 PM
With due all respect Carol, John was talking his first game as a rookie. I couldn't tell you what happen but I assumed he sucked. You know we all love Elway but that comment was out in left field. If Orton was a rookie, then it was fitting.

Yes, John was talking about his first game as a rookie, but he was also comparing it to Orton's first game, under the new regime.

“If decisions were made based on one week, I’d have been outta here after my first start!,” the Hall of Fame quarterback said. "We’re all disappointed with the outcome of our first game, but there’s still a lot of football left to be played."

Lancane
09-15-2011, 08:06 PM

Carol, what I think some are trying to point out is that the statement compares a rookie quarterback in his first game ever to that of a seven year veteran who was playing in his 62nd game as a starter and it does in a way do just that. So there is a rather huge difference, that's like someone comparing Sam Bradford in his rookie season after his first game to Tom Brady's 75th overall game as the starter, it just doesn't work that way.

Northman
09-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Carol, what I think some are trying to point out is that the statement compares a rookie quarterback in his first game ever to that of a seven year veteran who was playing in his 62nd game as a starter and it does in a way do just that. So there is a rather huge difference, that's like someone comparing Sam Bradford in his rookie season after his first game to Tom Brady's 75th overall game as the starter, it just doesn't work that way.

As Nomad said, its a very poor comparison on John's part.

Lancane
09-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Unbelievable.

I've classified one person specifically, and six other people associated with him. That's it.

No I was telling you that's what you were doing is classifying a group of people because of their relative location to being SEC Fans. I showed the misrepresentation of that with where I live and my loyalty in regards to collegiate schools and sports. Before that though I expressed my opinion that this is more about being anti-Orton then pro-Tebow and you said it wasn't about me, but I believe it's about anyone who feels that way.

You just happen to disagree, that's all!

;)

MOtorboat
09-15-2011, 08:17 PM
No I was telling you that's what you were doing is classifying a group of people because of their relative location to being SEC Fans. I showed the misrepresentation of that with where I live and my loyalty in regards to collegiate schools and sports. Before that though I expressed my opinion that this is more about being anti-Orton then pro-Tebow and you said it wasn't about me, but I believe it's about anyone who feels that way.

You just happen to disagree, that's all!

;)

Except its not about anyone that feels that way. Its about seven specific people who are buying a billboard in Denver. You, or anyone else, have absolutely zero to do with it.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2011, 08:50 PM
well he left it open to speculation and different translations......poor choice of word use.

Well - what the HELL - Elway used a poor choice of words in your opinion - DAMN - he has nothing ELSE to do but worry about that. GEEZ - I suppose shortly some fan will put up a billboard to get rid of Elway also.

Medford Bronco
09-15-2011, 08:51 PM

How about 2 hours:lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Can watch Oaks talking here on cbs4. Not sure if all local stations are running the same video or not.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/6257523-broncos-fan-wants-to-take-his-support-of-tebow-to-billboards/

Simple Jaded
09-15-2011, 09:10 PM
l'd bet anything that these billboard guys are just Tebow fans, gauging from -among other things- the fact that they're from SEC country and they never even mention Ortonary's actual backup when interviewed on local radio.

If you've heard this clown interview you'd be convinced that the Broncos are the least of their concern too. They want their boy to start and they're desperate enough to -metaphorically speaking- stick out their bottom lip and hold their breath til they get what they want.......in front of millions of NFL fans.

A local sports talk host had a legitimate point, something l've been convinced of for months; Tebow's devoted fans aren't doing him any good whatsoever. Because of the brain damage associated with The Tebow Thing it's getting to the point that if Tebow can't start for your team then Tebow can't play for your team.

If Woody Paige is right, and Tebow just doesn't have a lot of support in the FO, how long before the team decides that it's just not worth it?

The ironic thing is, Kyle Ortonary really does give the Broncos their best chance to win (save the rhetoric involved in trying to debate that), so he's actually the best chance for the Broncos to finish out of the draft position needed to draft Luck/Jones/Barkley. And it's safe to say that Ortonary wants no part of playing for this team and its ridiculous fans beyond 2011.

So, if the Broncos are right and Tebow isn't anywhere near ready to run a legitmate NFL offense, be careful what you wish for Tebow fans, you just might get it.......

MOtorboat
09-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Quit attacking people who wear Tebow jerseys!

sneakers
09-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Awwwww I wanna go up to Tebow and give him a big hug.

Dzone
09-15-2011, 09:45 PM

We should have known As soon as he started lying his ass off about about Matt Cassell . From that point on, everything went to shit

Dzone
09-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Honestly, I wish Tebow would have refused to comment on Oakes and the billboard. They played the Tebow interview to Oakes on the Fan and he seemed pretty excited that Tebow was talking about him.

nflfan
09-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Man, this sucks!

Everything fans posted before about how they value a Bronco for being a team, working your butt off, and being a good role model is pure booolsheeet.

Orton has his shortcomings as a player, but for Denver, he's been nothing but classy and respectful, hard working, and he never complains, despite Denver's bi-polar hate-love-hate relationship with him.

A billboard to crucify the ultimate team player who just does what the coaching staff tells him?

Stay classy, Denver.

Lancane
09-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Man, this sucks!

Everything fans posted before about how they value a Bronco for being a team, working your butt off, and being a good role model is pure booolsheeet.

Orton has his shortcomings as a player, but for Denver, he's been nothing but classy and respectful, hard working, and he never complains, despite Denver's bi-polar hate-love-hate relationship with him.

A billboard to crucify the ultimate team player who just does what the coaching staff tells him?

Stay classy, Denver.

This post is utter bullshit, the man is a poster child for alcoholics anonymous, he's had hundreds of pictures posted of him acting classless with women and booze, he's made remarks which could be considered baseline rudeness against the fans and teammates, never backing up his own talk with his play on the field. And you believe that's classy? Next you'll be telling us that Cox was classy and the best young cornerback in the league!

Beyond that his play has long been mediocre, so mediocre in fact that the last two coaches he's played for have literally wanted to trade the farm for a better player to replace him. When his play proves he's less then stellar then his fan club get's butt hurt because the rest of the fans demand better. You may not respect that a fan wishes to express his opinion openly, well then you should say the same about message boards, it's the same thing just less public. I don't care that a fan wants to spend his hard earned money on something you feel is unjust or without class, it's his constitutional right to do so, and I say go for it - I heard plenty of that when people demanded McDaniels be fired, saw Fire McDaniels T-shirts in the stands, but he proved to be classless by every definition of the term in the end as well.

Sincerely,

A Classless Native!

chazoe60
09-15-2011, 10:36 PM
This post is utter bullshit, the man is a poster child for alcoholics anonymous, he's had hundreds of pictures posted of him acting classless with women and booze, he's made remarks which could be considered baseline rudeness against the fans and teammates, never backing up his own talk with his play on the field. And you believe that's classy? Next you'll be telling us that Cox was classy and the best young cornerback in the league!

Beyond that his play has long been mediocre, so mediocre in fact that the last two coaches he's played for have literally wanted to trade the farm for a better player to replace him. When his play proves he's less then stellar then his fan club get's butt hurt because the rest of the fans demand better. You may not respect that a fan wishes to express his opinion openly, well then you should say the same about message boards, it's the same thing just less public. I don't care that a fan wants to spend his hard earned money on something you feel is unjust or without class, it's his constitutional right to do so, and I say go for it - I heard plenty of that when people demanded McDaniels be fired, saw Fire McDaniels T-shirts in the stands, but he proved to be classless by every definition of the term in the end as well.

Sincerely,

A Classless Native!

Seconded.

pnbronco
09-15-2011, 10:37 PM

Can I please high five you 500 TIMES!!!!!

This is so insane. Football is a form of entertainment and NO ONE, as NOT ONE LIVING soul out their asks anyone to buy tickets, buy merchandise, fly to Denver to watch a game that makes you unhappy. Or even be a fan of this team for that matter, it's called a choice, freedom to choose. The Denver Broncos are not part of the government where you have to pay taxes. For that matter they don't even live in Denver area where we have been paying the stadium tax for a long time.

What upsets me so much is how many people have forgotten that the Denver Broncos are made up of human beings. These are people trying to do their job, but they have feelings also. These men are not robots. I just wish people would put as much effort in helping their fellow human beings.

Lancane
09-15-2011, 10:52 PM

This is so insane. Football is a form of entertainment and NO ONE, as NOT ONE LIVING soul out their asks anyone to buy tickets, buy merchandise, fly to Denver to watch a game that makes you unhappy. Or even be a fan of this team for that matter, it's called a choice, freedom to choose. The Denver Broncos are not part of the government where you have to pay taxes. For that matter they don't even live in Denver area where we have been paying the stadium tax for a long time.

What upsets me so much is how many people have forgotten that the Denver Broncos are made up of human beings. These are people trying to do their job, but they have feelings also. These men are not robots. I just wish people would put as much effort in helping their fellow human beings.

PN, you and several other posters have made some solid points with your posts. And I'm not supporting the person doing it, I'm supporting his rights to do so. I'm starting to agree with Mo that he sounds more like a Tebow fanatic rather then a disgruntled Broncos' fan; I also agree with Dog, that the idiot seems to think to much of himself, his statement that "he's open to discussions with the Broncos" shows he's naive; and I also believe that Mr. Oaks is overdoing it with the whole issue, trying to get into the spotlight. My opinion on the matter is he should have just S-T-F-U and put the billboards up, now I wouldn't be surprised if he did not go through with it, because it seems that it's more of a ploy. My take on the whole thing is if you're going to protest, not matter in which form you decide to do so...then simply do it, and then answer for it.

I'm anti-Orton, but I am far from pro-Tebow, that's the dilemma I have. McDaniels is still destroying this team and hurting the fan base, even with his ass long gone! At this point, I wouldn't be abject to trading both of their asses because it's becoming more and more of a headache and come mid season this entire fan base might be at wits end with it all, hoping that neither is associated with this team ever again.

chazoe60
09-15-2011, 10:52 PM

What upsets me so much is how many people have forgotten that the Denver Broncos are made up of human beings. These are people trying to do their job, but they have feelings also. These men are not robots. [B]I just wish people would put as much effort in helping their fellow human beings

We all have real jobs, mortgages, kids, spouses, bills, worries, and all the other shit that goes into real world problems. Every Sunday during the fall amd winter we root our guts out and forget about the crappy day-to-day and when we see a guy making $9mil to play a game fall down without being touched, or drop a ball for no reason, or say things like "winnjng over the fans is my last goal" we have every right to call him out.

And a lot of people do spend just as much energy to help their fellow man. I won't go into my own thing but I assure you I've spent more energy helping than I have bitching about our horrible QB.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2011, 11:07 PM

Great post pn - I totally agree with you. How many times has someone posted that the fans are what brings in the money, etc., etc., etc. The fans are there because they WANT to be there. No one made them buy season tickets, single tickets, etc. No one made them fly in from out of state, pay for lodging, buy beer, food, buy jerseys, etc.

Simple Jaded
09-15-2011, 11:21 PM
When did Ortonary say anything that could be considered remotely rude about a teammate?

l understand his contempt for the fans, it's justified, period/point blank, but l must have missed his comments about teammates.

As for the booze, 40 years ago that same act made Joe Namath a hero, now it makes Ortonary "Classless"? That's convenient.......

Simple Jaded
09-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Great post pn - I totally agree with you. How many times has someone posted that the fans are what brings in the money, etc., etc., etc. The fans are there because they WANT to be there. No one made them buy season tickets, single tickets, etc. No one made them fly in from out of state, pay for lodging, buy beer, food, buy jerseys, etc.

And noone made them rent a couple 10 thousand dollar billboards to show their stupidity.......l mean discontent.......

I Eat Staples
09-15-2011, 11:28 PM

Maybe just Champ Bailey.

Simple Jaded
09-15-2011, 11:41 PM
When Alfred Williams asked Asshat what he'd say to EFX to change their mind about starting Orton he went into an incoherent babble about how the team obvious played so much more inspired because Tebow was in there and how he makes the whole team better.

Paraphrasing: "The whole team played with a passion l haven't seen since Elway played". Please, he was probably still playing with his sisters Barbie's the last time Elway played.

This is about Tebow, nothing else. Dude thinks that if Tebow can't actually earn a starting job on a team with a pathetic QB situation, he's gonna damn well do it for him.

Btw, D-Macs response to Oaks' poetic bullshit; "Well we're hearing the exact opposite from the players. But what do we know, we don't live in Kentucky?". Priceless.......

dogfish
09-15-2011, 11:47 PM

but P, this dude has seven whole jerseys! and he goes to a game every year. . . clearly, he's entitled to have the front office at least consult him on the QB situation. . .

:lol:

nflfan
09-16-2011, 01:48 AM

Sincerely,

A Classless Native!

We've all seen those pictures that one party. Implying that he's got a drinking or womanizing problem from those is really reaching. Funny how when the fanbase was pissed off at Cutler, they were proud of those pictures. He had probably a lot of alcohol in a party, someone took pictures. It happens to everyone, and you know it. He's never had problems in his personal life which have brought trouble or shame to the team, unlike a lot of players.

Since he's come to Denver, the fans have booed him as early as his first organized activities practice, during his first game ... and then, the Broncos won 6 in a row, and Orton was putting up good numbers. Then, everyone was cheering and saying how they screwed Chicago, getting the better QB in the deal. Everyone was saying "he just wins", remember that? Now, they're back to booing him.

Criticize his play all you want, but all things considered, he's handled himself pretty well, and to say any differently is big reach. He could go the Cutler route and imply that the fans in Chicago are better than those in Denver. He could take the Plummer route and flick off the fans, or get into some kind of vehicular confrontation with one of them.

The billboard, no matter which qb this happens to and in which city this happens in, is just classless.

It was one game this season under Fox. Give Fox some time to evaluate his team in game conditions, and let him demote and promote his QBs. The billboard is not only an affront to Orton, but to the coaching ability of Fox.

Cardiacats
09-16-2011, 02:10 AM
Sorry Broncos, had to comment on this as a Carolina fan.

"Right now we feel like Kyle Orton gives us our best chance. Even the staff before us felt that way," Fox said.

Go ahead and replace Orton with Jake Delhomme, see how well that worked out for Fox in Carolina.

And get used to draw plays/run, run, pass, punt.

zbeg
09-16-2011, 02:38 AM
Go ahead and replace Orton with Jake Delhomme, see how well that worked out for Fox in Carolina.

Coming within three points of winning a Super Bowl?

Lancane
09-16-2011, 02:45 AM
Coming within three points of winning a Super Bowl?

Once! Fans need to quit acting like his Panthers' were a perennial playoff team...

Fox failed in Carolina and mostly due to his own bullheadedness to fix the offensive woes. Carolina besides two seasons had awful offensive units, and it's the same damn offense we have now!

:rolleyes:

BroncoStud
09-16-2011, 07:13 AM

Haha, no kidding. Also, Fox is talking about a staff that got fired during their 2nd season, not sure I would be using their opinions to support my beliefs.

Northman
09-16-2011, 07:18 AM
Once! Fans need to quit acting like his Panthers' were a perennial playoff team...

Fox failed in Carolina and mostly due to his own bullheadedness to fix the offensive woes. Carolina besides two seasons had awful offensive units, and it's the same damn offense we have now!

:rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No shit. Yea, lets praise a guy who had 3 winning seasons out of 9!!!

****, if i wanted mediocrity give me Shanahan back.

Mike
09-16-2011, 08:42 AM
Man, this sucks!

Stay classy, Denver.

The bum has had more than enough time to prove himself. Denver fans want him removed not because we don't like him, but because he sucks and has repreatedly proven that he can't get it done.

Do yourself a favor and don't see this as a personal thing against the person the bum is, but the player the bum is.

I couldn't care less about a billboard. But if some idiot wants to blow his money on it, good for him. God bless America and free speech. It won't have any impact on the situation at all.

The bum also has $9 million reasons to laugh at the "class" Denver fans, so I don't feel too sorry for him in this situation.

BroncoJoe
09-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Stay classy, Denver.

Please pay attention. These people are not from Denver.

Do not insult my city.

tia

Jsteve01
09-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Is anyone surprised this fool is from Kentucky? I mean really surprised?

vandammage13
09-16-2011, 10:36 AM

I would take Delhomme in his prime over Orton any day....

At least that guy had some moxie and was at least average in the clutch.

vandammage13
09-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Is anyone surprised this fool is from Kentucky? I mean really surprised?

I don't get the connection of the guy being from Kentucky meaning he must be a Tebow fan...

Yeah I know Kentucky is SEC country, but I can't really imagine people from Kentucky liking anyone from FL considering they get beat by UF every year.

Just seems like a reach to me...

Clearly the guy likes Tebow, but I don't see how living in Kentucky has anything to do with it.

Nomad
09-16-2011, 11:13 AM
I see alot of SEC envy in this thread!!:heh:

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 11:18 AM
I never categorized you as anything. You took my comments about this one person and inserted yourself into them and then got offended.

I assume HE is a Florida fan for HIS actions. This has nothing to do with you or anyone else who owns a Tebow jersey.

Good lord.

You did the same thing with me in another thread for show my displeasure with Orton. You called me Gator-homer. You jump to assumptions. Just because he owns a #15 jersey and wants Orton out of town and lives in Kentucky (SEC area) means he is a Gator fan.....talking about jumping from A to Z.

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Well - what the HELL - Elway used a poor choice of words in your opinion - DAMN - he has nothing ELSE to do but worry about that. GEEZ - I suppose shortly some fan will put up a billboard to get rid of Elway also.

Well HELL it is a DUMB comparison that many have pointed out. 7 yr vet to a rookie (himself) in their first game.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Within this tread, and many others, I read where people are negative towards Coach Fox, in regards to the offensive scheme he ran in Carolina, and now in Denver. According to this article - the offense is totally McCoy's.

from article:

This much we know: For the first time in a coaching career that began 11 years ago in Carolina under George Seifert, McCoy, 39, will have final say over an NFL offense. For the past two years, although McCoy had the title, McDaniels was his own offensive coordinator, supervising the game plan and calling the plays on game day.

"The biggest difference for me is I will run the meetings during the week and I will have final say on what's going in," McCoy said. "But I also want as much input as possible from everybody. I don't have all the answers. We all know we're in this together."

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_18542689

slim
09-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Within this tread, and many others, I read where people are negative towards Coach Fox, in regards to the offensive scheme he ran in Carolina, and now in Denver. According to this article - the offense is totally McCoy's.

from article:

I don't care who's offense it is....it was terrible last week.

They all need to be held accountable for that...players, coaches, front office....everybody.

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 11:47 AM

from article:

I think McCoy will be fired after this season.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-16-2011, 11:47 AM
I don't care who's offense it is....it was terrible last week.

They all need to be held accountable for that...players, coaches, front office....everybody.

Totally agree, and the defense was terrible last week also. As I have posted a few times, it was a total team loss.

Nomad
09-16-2011, 11:48 AM
That makes it even more irritating because Orton's been with McCoy since 2009 here at Denver...perhaps they both suck!

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Totally agree, and the defense was terrible last week also. As I have posted a few times, it was a total team loss.

Team loss. With some players have worse games then others. Dawkins was amazing. Von and Moore played well for rookie debut. Bailey had great open field tackles. Decker was great. I think that about it for players playing well, lots of areas lacking.

slim
09-16-2011, 11:50 AM

No doubt, the entire team was overmatched.

I don't blame Orton for the loss, but I think it's time to go another direction.

He is part of the problem and certainly not part of the solution, at least in my opinion.

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 11:50 AM
That makes it even more irritating because Orton's been with McCoy since 2009 here at Denver...perhaps they both suck!

where were the screen passes, the outs and all the quick short passes that all the good QBs can do the beat the blitz. Oh and calling correct plays and audibles to get blockers to help on blitzes.

slim
09-16-2011, 11:53 AM
where were the screen passes, the outs and all the quick short passes that all the good QBs can do the beat the blitz. Oh and calling correct plays and audibles to get blockers to help on blitzes.

The play calling was terrible. I think we can all agree on that.

vandammage13
09-16-2011, 11:54 AM

Wait...Don't you see? It's not Orton its Mike McCoy.

Reference: Scribe, Top (2011). Orton Excuse Handbook, pg. 137.
Denver, CO: Orton Apologist Publishing

Northman
09-16-2011, 11:54 AM

from article:

Even if thats true Carol, at the end of the day it all falls on Fox's shoulders. He's the HC. The same thing happened to Shanahan and to McDaniels. Fox wanted to keep McCoy so it was his decision.

The problem i have with using this excuse is i watched a HC in NY the other night take over the play calling when his team got back in it and in crucial situations. Thats what a HC should do. He should be watching BOTH sides of the playcalling and intervening when he feels he has a better play in mind. Thats what GOOD HC's do.

If Fox is just letting McCoy run rampant without intervening that the blame should go to Fox for being so naive and indifferent. If something isnt working than dont continue to support bad habits. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Nomad
09-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Wait...Don't you see? It's not Orton its Mike McCoy.

Reference: Scribe, Top (2011). Orton Excuse Handbook, pg. 137.
Denver, CO: Orton Apologist Publishing

I love topper but that's funny!

MOtorboat
09-16-2011, 12:14 PM
You did the same thing with me in another thread for show my displeasure with Orton. You called me Gator-homer. You jump to assumptions. Just because he owns a #15 jersey and wants Orton out of town and lives in Kentucky (SEC area) means he is a Gator fan.....talking about jumping from A to Z.

Its one hell of a coincidence that three guys from Kentucky, three guys from Florida are buying an anti-Orton billboard in Denver when the backup is a Florida alum and the spokesperson goes on TV in a Tebow jersey and says he owns 7 of them. I look at ALL of that, and I make a fairly educated guess, that, if not him, at least a few of his backers are probably Florida fans, and somehow you're offended by this.

MOtorboat
09-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Even if thats true Carol, at the end of the day it all falls on Fox's shoulders. He's the HC. The same thing happened to Shanahan and to McDaniels. Fox wanted to keep McCoy so it was his decision.

The problem i have with using this excuse is i watched a HC in NY the other night take over the play calling when his team got back in it and in crucial situations. Thats what a HC should do. He should be watching BOTH sides of the playcalling and intervening when he feels he has a better play in mind. Thats what GOOD HC's do.

If Fox is just letting McCoy run rampant without intervening that the blame should go to Fox for being so naive and indifferent. If something isnt working than dont continue to support bad habits. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

McDaniels did that two years ago when the defense started going south and he got crucified for it.

Northman
09-16-2011, 12:26 PM
McDaniels did that two years ago when the defense started going south and he got crucified for it.

Because he didnt know what he was doing which was very evident. I would expect more from a veteran coach.

slim
09-16-2011, 12:30 PM

He was also a rookie HC with a veteran DC.

This isn't the same situation.

dogfish
09-16-2011, 01:42 PM

carol, it's six of one and half-dozen of another. . . mccoy was with fox in carolina-- they ran an EP variant there, and i believe they're running the same here. . . same people, same philosophy. . .

personally, i'm going to try to wait until next season to complain. . . it was pretty much a given that fox was going to keep a familiar coach in place rather than bringing in a new one with the unique circumstances presented by the lockout. . . if the offense is inept the entire season, i'm holding out some hope that maybe we'll go in a different direction. . .

but really, at the end of the day, i don't think the blame for a poor offensive showing really lies with the coaching staff, the playcalling or the offensive philosophy. . .

it's the talent, dummies!

it's just like people saying before the season that our DLs would be so much better in a 40 front. . . really? i saw oakland's interior OLs flat-out throw kevin vickerson on the ground like a child several times in that game-- i guess being back in the 4-3 didn't make him into a different player overnight after all. . . the job of the scheme is to put players in position to make plays, get the matchups you want-- it's on the talent past that, and we simply don't have enough. . . if you don't have guys that can win their one-on-one battles consistently, you're not going to be very good regardless of what scheme you're running. . .

i'm not trying to make excuses for the coaching staff, people can criticize them if they want. . . it doesn't mean they're wrong-- just means they're ultimately pointing the finger in the wrong direction, IMO. . . the FO could have opened the purse strings a little and given the coaches something to work with. . . a veteran tackle like jamaal brown could have stepped in right away, and allowed franklin to kick inside to guard and hopefully send beadles to the bench. . . getting andre gurode to replace walton would have added some punch to our anemic run game. . .

IMO, whether the FO can put together an effective O-line and find a quarterback over the next year or two will go a lot further towards determing our offensive success than what offense we're running. . . sorry, cane. . . doesn't mean that i love fox's conservative approach, at all-- i just don't think any OC is gonna succeed when you can't run for more than 2, 2.5 YPC unless you have an aaron rodgers, drew brees or tom brady type back there slingin' it. . . JMO. . .

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Its one hell of a coincidence that three guys from Kentucky, three guys from Florida are buying an anti-Orton billboard in Denver when the backup is a Florida alum and the spokesperson goes on TV in a Tebow jersey and says he owns 7 of them. I look at ALL of that, and I make a fairly educated guess, that, if not him, at least a few of his backers are probably Florida fans, and somehow you're offended by this.

By your quick to judge people yes, since you have personally singled me out (in another thread) and have done it before.

MOtorboat
09-16-2011, 02:09 PM
By your quick to judge people yes, since you have personally singled me out (in another thread) and have done it before.

This is pretty obvious. I'm surprised so many have dismissed it, or apparently just don't care.

Was I quick to call you part of the Tebow fan boi club? I don't know? I read your posts for several months before I came to that conclusion.

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 02:27 PM
This is pretty obvious. I'm surprised so many have dismissed it, or apparently just don't care.

Was I quick to call you part of the Tebow fan boi club? I don't know? I read your posts for several months before I came to that conclusion.

Yah and I just dont like Orton. I would rather Quinn be in there. But I am a fan of let the kid play and see if we should draft a new Qb next year.

And i am not a fan of un-educated bashing of players who have no merit or backing to it. Who rely on the same defense to their argument as the people who bash him in the media. "well these people said this, so it must be true" but are the ones who also said he would never start a game in the NFL. People who have judged him before ever watching him play. Judge him off practices and not any of the game time he has done.

Lancane
09-16-2011, 07:11 PM
carol, it's six of one and half-dozen of another. . . mccoy was with fox in carolina-- they ran an EP variant there, and i believe they're running the same here. . . same people, same philosophy. . .

personally, i'm going to try to wait until next season to complain. . . it was pretty much a given that fox was going to keep a familiar coach in place rather than bringing in a new one with the unique circumstances presented by the lockout. . . if the offense is inept the entire season, i'm holding out some hope that maybe we'll go in a different direction. . .

The problem is two-fold, the system is as much to blame as the lack of talent as you so readily pointed to below. You're correct though Dog, they're running a variant Erhardt-Perkins that was utilized for most of Fox's tenure in Carolina and it proved to be a flawed offensive scheme there, it will do much the same here, especially with the lack of talent. Not to mention that Fox's philosophy is one that suits teams of the 80's and 90's, but not so much in the current NFL.

McCoy has very little experience, and the experience he has is with flawed offensive schemes and he's not a student of the game. In my honest opinion, a good coordinator is a student of the game, one who's learned many various systems and takes parts from each to really develop his own scheme in the end, not just continuing one over and over, especially a flawed one.

but really, at the end of the day, i don't think the blame for a poor offensive showing really lies with the coaching staff, the playcalling or the offensive philosophy. . .

it's the talent, dummies!

As I stated above, it's a combination of lacking talent, a pathetic offensive philosophy, poor playcalling and horrendous coaching. All in all, what we have is a disaster waiting to happen and what we saw against Oakland was a testament to that.

it's just like people saying before the season that our DLs would be so much better in a 40 front. . . really? i saw oakland's interior OLs flat-out throw kevin vickerson on the ground like a child several times in that game-- i guess being back in the 4-3 didn't make him into a different player overnight after all. . . the job of the scheme is to put players in position to make plays, get the matchups you want-- it's on the talent past that, and we simply don't have enough. . . if you don't have guys that can win their one-on-one battles consistently, you're not going to be very good regardless of what scheme you're running. . .

First off, I've continually stated that Fox's Tampa-2 is the epitome of a 'Bend Don't Break' Defense. He's long relied on steadfast pass rushers, hard hitting defensive backs and corners who can brake and cover. His run defenses have at times lacked, but his pass defenses were always in the upper echelon in stats; quarterback hurries, turnovers, quarterback sacks and even tackles for losses were always up there. That's why the loss of Peppers hurt the team far more then the loss of his defensive tackles, and that's why I believe that adding a defensive tackle was less important compared to a superior pass rusher to him - Miller is his new Peppers, Dumervil is his Rucker. He thought he had most of his pieces in place. But he didn't account for the environment, Colorado does effect athletes, I don't care what sport you play - that's why Denver has always been better with 'Bend Don't Break' defenses, it's why a good defense in Denver is one with a solid rotation. Trust me, the elevation does wear you down, even if you're a native it can effect you. What we had was a good nose tackle with a horrid backup, and a starting backup with an even worse backup rotating, Dumervil was injured, Williams was out and we had an undersized linebacker playing at his position instead of someone better suited for the Will position. And still, the interior did far better then people realize, I believe 120 of Oakland's rushing yards came outside the tackles, not inside - that's not saying we don't need to improve...but, it could have been far worse, the defense wasn't that bad but we're in bad shape from injuries...offense is a whole other story!

i'm not trying to make excuses for the coaching staff, people can criticize them if they want. . . it doesn't mean they're wrong-- just means they're ultimately pointing the finger in the wrong direction, IMO. . . the FO could have opened the purse strings a little and given the coaches something to work with. . . a veteran tackle like jamaal brown could have stepped in right away, and allowed franklin to kick inside to guard and hopefully send beadles to the bench. . . getting andre gurode to replace walton would have added some punch to our anemic run game. . .
Who's pointing fingers Dog? Not blasting you, but you refuse to point the finger at a offensive system that's long been proven flawed, and I'll explain that in a second, nor at the coaches utilizing that scheme, but at a very young offensive line led by a young All-Pro Left Tackle? Agreed, we could have done well with Gurode at Center or Brown, even Adams at right tackle, therein kicking inside Franklin. But can anyone tell me the problem with the offensive line? I'm sure that if you ponder it Dog that you'll figure it out, I know Silk and Bosco can as well, even Rav as well as other posters, but it might not be as obvious to some...

The answer is that we're not running the zone blocking scheme correctly, actually if you watch the MNF game carefully, you'll notice that when we attempted to run the zone we had several lineman miss their intended blocks, we ran several plays with the power blocking scheme which worked well, but using two different blocking schemes will cause problems at times, all we have to do is look at the issues our offensive line had last year with the same thing under McDaniels. Our offensive line has never been bigger then it is right now, both of our tackles are big men who you'd expect to be part of a power blocking scheme, but their very athletic, whereas our interior lineman are big, not as big as the tackles but lack the same athletic abilities and are better suited for the man-blocking scheme. Remember, Carolina only switched to the zone in 07', and only had one winning season with such a scheme in place. But how does this effect us? A) it makes the offensive line unstable, when you don't have the right personnel to use a scheme competently. B) Moreno and McGahee have both proven to be better with a base zone blocking offensive scheme, so it likewise plays against the strengths of our tailbacks, practice is one thing in a game it's a whole different story. C) If you look at Carolina's stats since using the zone, you'd notice that it seemed unstable, only have two seasons where they produced a 1,000 yard rusher, though to be fair they did have two 1,000 yard rushers in 2009, but still had a .500 record.

We need to use one base scheme, IMHO though we're better suited for the man right now then the zone, and if we run with a power scheme then we need to use it correctly, we need to utilize the fullback position more. I'm not saying to scrap all the zone, but use it better then we currently are. Either way we do need to stabilize the interior of the offensive line, but trust me...we have a better offensive line then some believe and better then some teams in this league have at the moment!

IMO, whether the FO can put together an effective O-line and find a quarterback over the next year or two will go a lot further towards determing our offensive success than what offense we're running. . . sorry, cane. . . doesn't mean that i love fox's conservative approach, at all-- i just don't think any OC is gonna succeed when you can't run for more than 2, 2.5 YPC unless you have an aaron rodgers, drew brees or tom brady type back there slingin' it. . . JMO. . .

No need to apologize for your opinion Bro, you know that...I respect it as usual. We need to fix the line as I stated above, we need to find the right scheme, we need to adjust it to make it more proficient in the run game, but they did rather well protecting Horton's ass, especially when you watch the game over and notice the S.O.B is holding onto the ball far too long waiting for a certain receiver to open up. You're overall assessment is correct, we need to fix or better yet, adjust the offensive line and we also need to fix the quarterback situation. I said earlier that I'd explain why the Erhardt-Perkins or any variant of it is a flawed system, and that's because it's proven to only be successful with a good quarterback and the right offensive line.

Before Pittsburgh got Roethlisberger, when they had Kevin Gilbride then Mike Mularkey as their offensive coordinator, the offense was unstable, they were able to run the ball effectively, but not much else. Wisenhunt took over in 2004 and he unlike Mularkey or Gilbride got a Christmas gift in Ben Roethlisberger, they utilized their man-blocking scheme, and between the two and their defense, they went 15-1 and had one of the best all around football teams in the league, the next year was no different...they won the Super Bowl, and have since been a perennial favorite to win it all. In 2000 Bill Belichick took over the New England Patriots, with and installed the Charlie Weis' Pro-Spread, which is likewise a variant of the Erhardt-Perkins, it failed with Bledsoe at the helm, the following year when Bledsoe went down and Brady took over, they went from 25th overall offensively to 6th and won the Super Bowl, and have since continued to be one of the most dominant teams in the league, by the way...though they've used bits and pieces of the zone, they likewise use the man-blocking scheme as their base offensive line scheme. Now, Mularkey went on to Atlanta where he got Matt Ryan, and has one of the biggest offensive lines in the NFL, and has since been a continual contender in their division. The same could be said for most of those using a variant Erhardt-Perkins based offense, they needed a great quarterback and a terrific offensive line in order to succeed. But Mike McCoy learned this offense, both variants from two of the worst coaches to have used such schemes, Henning and McDaniels have produced some horrendous offenses, so he'll run it as he was thus taught, and with less talent then which has been proven needed to make it successful.

And it doesn't help that Fox is conservative, because if anything, the Pro-Spread offenses, such as the Erhardt-Perkins are best not used conservatively, they set up to be more productive with less risk, but when you look at the quarterbacks in the successful systems, Roethlisberger, Brady, Ryan and Brees, their not conservative, they're high powered, whereas the versions we've seen in Arizona, Denver and Kansas City are all lacking!

Lancane
09-16-2011, 07:46 PM
When did Ortonary say anything that could be considered remotely rude about a teammate?

l understand his contempt for the fans, it's justified, period/point blank, but l must have missed his comments about teammates.

Ehhh? Let's see, he's said that he's the starter and not here to help Tebow, and has made a few such comments to reporters. Not only that, but he's also thrown quips out there against the fans, I understand that some may say "well the fans deserve it" and all I have to say is the fans deserve better from him as well, so that's a two way F'n street!

As for the booze, 40 years ago that same act made Joe Namath a hero, now it makes Ortonary "Classless"? That's convenient.......

Dumbest comment to state in such a discussion...Joe Namath was a quarterback from the mid 60's to the late 70's, a time of free-love, excessive nudity, jewelry, clothing, sex, drugs and alcohol. And you use that to compare to Orton? Really? That's like comparing a pimp and his hookers to hippies at Woodstock, it just doesn't hold weight. Different time, different social climate, different economy and far different values. Brian Griese was a heavy alcoholic and the fans blasted him, Orton and Plummer had social issues that people disliked and questioned, so it should be different for a quarterback that is less talented and in the same role? That's truly hypocritical!

:coffee:

nflfan
09-17-2011, 03:13 AM
Please pay attention. These people are not from Denver.

Do not insult my city.

tia

I'm sorry. I just assumed that a lot of people seemed to be going for it, but it's wrong to generalize. My apologies.