PDA

View Full Version : Rick Reilly: Orton Down About it, Sick of it

vandammage13
09-15-2011, 12:52 PM
So I'm listening to the radio today and Rick Reilly comes on and had some interesting things to say about the QB situation.

He said that the Broncos should start Tebow now, because Orton is highly affected by all of this.

He stated that "the people close to the situation" that he talked to said Orton is "down about all of this" and "sick of it"....

Went on to say that Orton's play is clearly affected by this and thus, the Broncos should start Tebow.

Reilly goes on to say that they should start Tebow, not because Tebow will do well, but to show the fans that he isn't ready so that the fans will get off of Orton's back. That way Orton can play with a clear head.

He says it is only a matter of time before the locker room turns on him, so they just need to start Tebow to put any controversy to rest.
-----------
This kind of goes along with Orton's oft defeated mentality and demeanor. The guy is a loser and has no confidence. It says something that he is already down and depressed after one week just as the so called "irrational, emotional fans" are.

Can't have a guy leading your team that can't withstand the pressure.

Orton can't blame the fans, he can only blame himself. Perform up to at least a marginal standard and you wouldn't have the fan base clamoring for your benching.

slim
09-15-2011, 12:58 PM
He managed to put up 10 freaking points last week. WTF does he expect? An effing parade?

Play better and the fans will shut up. It's pretty simple.

MileHighCrew
09-15-2011, 12:58 PM
I might feel bad for him if he didn't have a chance to leave for a nice warm sunny spot in Florida but decided to stay where he knew this was going to happen.

Mike
09-15-2011, 12:59 PM
He managed to put up 10 freaking points last week. WTF does he expect? An effing parade?

/thread

I might feel bad for him if he didn't have a chance to leave for a nice warm sunny spot in Florida but decided to stay where he knew this was going to happen.

9 million reasons not to feel too sorry for the bum.

MileHighCrew
09-15-2011, 01:01 PM
/thread

9 million reasons not to feel too sorry for the bum.

no doubt he can afford teh fancy Kleenex with Aloe and not the cheap shit from WalMart

Tned
09-15-2011, 01:10 PM
It's not reasonable to think it wouldn't affect him. That is my issue with booing, chanting Tebow, billboards, or whatever. As a Broncos fan, I want the team to compete every Sunday. When you force the players, not just Orton, to deal with this BS, it's distracting them from the game at hand.

MileHighCrew
09-15-2011, 01:14 PM
It's not reasonable to think it wouldn't affect him. That is my issue with booing, chanting Tebow, billboards, or whatever. As a Broncos fan, I want the team to compete every Sunday. When you force the players, not just Orton, to deal with this BS, it's distracting them from the game at hand.

another good reason to move Orton and trade Tebow, rid yourself of both problems. Play Quinn for the season and then move on.

Nomad
09-15-2011, 01:16 PM

It won't get any easier than the Bengals!! This is his do or die game!

MileHighCrew
09-15-2011, 01:18 PM

that is what the Bengals are saying about Denver. :rolleyes:

NightTerror218
09-15-2011, 01:18 PM

But Bengals have a Top 10 RB in benson. He needs to be stopped. We need DT to step it up and we need to LB to also.

Mays last game was taking bad angles and not wrapping. ONly good blocking was Dawkins and Bailey. Dawkins was awesome all over the place, Bailey was making great open field tackles.

chazoe60
09-15-2011, 01:19 PM
But the reason it's happening is because of Orton's shitty play. If he didn't fold like a cheap suit he wouldn't get booed. He should be a backup and has been handed a starter's role for three consecutive seasons, how are fans expected to deal with that. His record for the Broncos is 11-18 as a starter and that's with starting 6-0, you can do the math. What fanbase in the world sits idely by for that shit?

When you factor that in with the way we've lost many of those games (Orton sucking in the clutch) and the most embarrassing regular season loss in team history and he's lucky he isn't booed from player introductions to the final whistle.

I'd be more ashamed of our fanbase if we just sat and took this crap.

MileHighCrew
09-15-2011, 01:20 PM
But Bengals have a Top 10 RB in benson. He needs to be stopped. We need DT to step it up and we need to LB to also.

Mays last game was taking bad angles and not wrapping. ONly good blocking was Dawkins and Bailey. Dawkins was awesome all over the place, Bailey was making great open field tackles.

I think it was more of a DE issue than a DT issue stopping the run last week.

TXBRONC

According to Paige Orton thinks he worth a $50 million. That's probably a little hyperbolic but we do know that Orton is looking for a big payday nonetheless.

Nomad
that is what the Bengals are saying about Denver. :rolleyes:

You know where you can shove your rolleyes. It's at home and BRONCOS should win period against a team that is worse than the BRONCOS!

Nomad
09-15-2011, 01:27 PM

True! 190 yds rushing for the Raiders and 113 came up the gut with 3 of those the longest runs.

So this means, orton will have to lead this team to outscore the bengals!

vandammage13
09-15-2011, 01:32 PM
According to Paige Orton thinks he worth a $50 million. That's probably a little hyperbolic but we do know that Orton is looking for a big payday nonetheless.

He won't ever see that kind of $$..

Should have took whatever the fins were offering him. His next contract will be nothing more than a 2 year deal for sure.

NightTerror218
09-15-2011, 01:33 PM
True! 190 yds rushing for the Raiders and 113 came up the gut with 3 of those the longest runs.

I figure put an extra guy in the box.....Bailey can shut down 1 side of the field. make them pass.

hotcarl
09-15-2011, 01:34 PM
You know where you can shove your rolleyes. It's at home and BRONCOS should win period against a team that is worse than the BRONCOS!

they are not worse than the broncos. they will probably blow us out tbqh

Nomad
09-15-2011, 01:39 PM
they are not worse than the broncos. they will probably blow us out tbqh

However you want to word it, BRONCOS should win the game period because after this one, Denver will be lucky to win the KC at Denver game.

MileHighCrew
09-15-2011, 02:00 PM

I never have or will pick against the Broncos, but if you don't think the rest of the league sees the Broncos as an easy win at this point you are crazy. We see this as a game we can win, well news to you, the Bengals and their fans see the Broncos as a game they can win.
You say they are worse than the Broncos, by what standards, they are 1-0 this year and last time I checked we drafted 2nd over all.

Dirk
09-15-2011, 02:06 PM
It's gut check time for Orton. If he can't step up and show people why he should be starting then he should be benched. Plain and simple. If he rises above this, I will back him more.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2011, 02:16 PM

I totally agree.. It also has to be a distraction for the coaches, and FO,

dogfish
09-15-2011, 02:18 PM
norton's folding exactly like plummer did when we drafted cutler-- the writing's on the wall. . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
09-15-2011, 02:19 PM
I figure put an extra guy in the box.....Bailey can shut down 1 side of the field. make them pass.

Bailey, plus other key players, may not even play due to injuries.

Slick
09-15-2011, 02:23 PM
If what reilly says is true, it's time to move on imho.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Mike
09-15-2011, 02:24 PM
norton's folding exactly like plummer did when we drafted cutler-- the writing's on the wall. . . .

:beer: I said the same thing Monday night to my father-in-law. Played exactly like Plummer did after we drafted Cutler.

Buff
09-15-2011, 02:35 PM

Yeah, Orton just had the self restraint to say he doesn't care about winning over the fans instead of flipping us the bird on gameday.

Nomad
09-15-2011, 02:37 PM

We'll know when he cooked and done when he throws left handed!:D

Nomad
09-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Yeah, Orton just had the self restraint to say he doesn't care about winning over the fans instead of flipping us the bird on gameday.

It's coming Buff, but the cameras don't stay on orton long enough to find out....it always zooms on Tebow after the offense comes off!:lol:

slim
09-15-2011, 02:40 PM

Well, Plummer at least kept us in the win column. I will be shocked if Orton can do that.

broncobryce
09-15-2011, 02:43 PM

Oh come on, he did it last time! That 87 yard td pass to stokely was right off the defenders hands to stokely, just as he planned! Only borton the great could pull that magic!

cuzz4169
09-15-2011, 03:01 PM

Cincy is not as bad as you think. They are not great, but from what I saw last week from Denver its close between the two & with our injury's cincy has an edge.

vandammage13
09-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Cincy is not as bad as you think. They are not great, but from what I saw last week from Denver its close between the two & with our injury's cincy has an edge.

What scares me about Cinci is their strength is the running game, and run D just happens to be our weakness...

And you know they are going to give us a steady dose of Benson with them starting Dalton or Gradkowski.

Kyle Orton doesn't help matters either.

BroncoStud
09-15-2011, 03:33 PM

Yep, the fans in Miami WANTED him, they chanted for HIM. He wanted his free agency audition and his contract season, he's getting his wish. How's it working out for you Kyle?

Go destroy someone elses offense dude.

cuzz4169
09-15-2011, 03:36 PM
What scares me about Cinci is their strength is the running game, and run D just happens to be our weakness...

And you know they are going to give us a steady dose of Benson with them starting Dalton or Gradkowski.

Kyle Orton doesn't help matters either.

Ugh every time I read your Orton quote I wanna puke!!

Tned
09-15-2011, 04:00 PM

Cough, cough -- you're crazy, dinger's scheme sucked -- cough, cough...

nevcraw
09-15-2011, 04:05 PM

so do the boo birds & billboard Jesse...

what you are seeing is a fan's only way to show contempt for a slow painful decline of a proud franchise.
The fan's are not Orton's issue -- Orton's play as the starting QB is Orton's issue.
We all want a reason to have hope on Sundays and Orton has provided little to none as a starting QB. Some including me see Tebow able to provide such hope -- and until given the chance to be proven one way or the other the fan's will continue to let there discontent be known if Orton's play remains the same and Tebow remains on the pine.

tomjonesrocks
09-15-2011, 04:13 PM
If this is true, Orton is a moron.

He knew Denver fans by in large didn't want him but he passed on Miami (whose fans did) to keep his higher salary.

Was a straight financial decision he made to live with boos and Tebow nonsense and get paid more.

WTF did he think would happen?

You made your bed, Kyle...what an *******.

vandammage13
09-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Ugh every time I read your Orton quote I wanna puke!!

You're welcome :welcome:

Nomad
09-15-2011, 04:23 PM

It should be a win for the BRONCOS. I'm not expecting even close to a blowout but no excuse the BRONCOS can't win this game at least by 1......homefield gives the BRONCOS the edge.

Northman
09-15-2011, 04:26 PM
It should be a win for the BRONCOS. I'm not expecting even close to a blowout but no excuse the BRONCOS can't win this game at least by 1......homefield gives the BRONCOS the edge.

Its all going to come down to defense. Whoever's defense forces more turnovers will win the game. Chances are we will be on the losing end of that.

vandammage13
09-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Its all going to come down to defense. Whoever's defense forces more turnovers will win the game. Chances are we will be on the losing end of that.

If the Bengals can hold Hillis to 57 yards rushing I can only imagine what they will do to KnoShow...

Nomad
09-15-2011, 04:35 PM

Our 7 yr veteran QB won't be making those mistakes. I expect Dalton to!;)

Northman
09-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Our 7 yr veteran QB won't be making those mistakes. I expect Dalton to!;)

Do we want to place a wager on that? :lol:

BORDERLINE
09-15-2011, 04:40 PM
I was all for Orton to prove himself (highly doubt he could) but whatever. I want to Broncos to do good and if it's orton under center so be it. But, in all honesty this guy is a back-up and that's it.

If the fans let the Broncos FO hear it in the next game we should see a change at the QB position.

Nomad
09-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Do we want to place a wager on that? :lol:

Last time I placed a wager was against SOCAL, and I told him no chance in hell BRONCOS draft Tebow.....I was so dead wrong that the BRONCOS moved around spots like a squirrel on speed to get him.

So NO!:D

arapaho2
09-15-2011, 04:45 PM

no sympathy for the fans who have to deal with his BS play game after game, you dont think we get distracted and effected by watching us get hosed by bad teams because the offense under orton is pathetic?

Davii
09-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Orton might be upset... But I'm sure he can take solace in his 500k$+ game check, his wife, new baby, a bottle of jack, and his epic neck beard. If none of that works he can try dropping the ball or curling up in the fetal position, seems to be his natural reaction to adversity.

Slick
09-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Kils was just on nfl network. Said the team is still behind kyle. Fans can chant all they want but quinn might come before tebow, hypotheticaly.

Said doom will be out for a couple weeks probably, champ lloyd and moreno still havent practiced and are iffy for sunday.

Ouch! When it rains, it pours in dove valley. We cant buy a break.

TXBRONC
09-15-2011, 05:40 PM
He won't ever see that kind of $$..

Should have took whatever the fins were offering him. His next contract will be nothing more than a 2 year deal for sure.

IIRC the deal they were offering was less than what he's making this year. If that's the case it was a smarter move not to take the deal.

dogfish
09-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Kils was just on nfl network. Said the team is still behind kyle. Fans can chant all they want but quinn might come before tebow, hypotheticaly.

if i didn't despise quinn, i'd almost hope they would just to piss off the yayhoos. . . .:laugh:

chazoe60
09-15-2011, 05:43 PM
if i didn't despise quinn, i'd almost hope they would just to piss off the yayhoos. . . .:laugh:

I'm hoping quinn comes in. I'd laugh my ass off. Tebow's fans pouting and Orton absolutely falling apart on the sideline would be comedy gold.

G_Money
09-15-2011, 05:47 PM
If you think Orton is a weak-minded QB...what would happen when the Tebow chants rained down on Quinn?

His brain might melt like that dude from The Last Starfighter.

http://www.youngmanridge.com/pop/movies/laststar/Torture3.jpg

Not pretty.

Why is it that the only pressure QB we have on the roster is the worst QB from a technique standpoint?

Oh, that's right, McDaniels. I'd almost forgotten... :tsk:

~G

TXBRONC
09-15-2011, 05:50 PM

Said doom will be out for a couple weeks probably, champ lloyd and moreno still havent practiced and are iffy for sunday.

Ouch! When it rains, it pours in dove valley. We cant buy a break.

I watched that segment with Klis. It's disheartening to have that many players dinged up after just one game.

GEM
09-15-2011, 05:57 PM

The way he's playing, he's going to be offered peanuts.

chazoe60
09-15-2011, 05:58 PM
If you think Orton is a weak-minded QB...what would happen when the Tebow chants rained down on Quinn?

His brain might melt like that dude from The Last Starfighter.

http://www.youngmanridge.com/pop/movies/laststar/Torture3.jpg

Not pretty.

Why is it that the only pressure QB we have on the roster is the worst QB from a technique standpoint?

Oh, that's right, McDaniels. I'd almost forgotten... :tsk:

~G

Our QB situation is the perfect storm of suck.

The starter is the anti-Elway. He's immobile to the point of maybe being the easiest QB in the NFL to sack. He has the improvisational skills of canned tuna. And he may be the least clutch player in the league.
His perceived strengths (I believe even his strengths are average at best) are his smarts, ball security, and accuracy.

Our backup that people love can't read a defense has shitty mechanics has accuracy issues but is Elwayesque in his mobility, leadership, and clutch ability.

The starter can't win because he sucks. The backup can't get on the field because he can't beat the dude who sucks, even though he has all the intangibles we crave and that the starter couldn't even fatho

We have 2 first round picks and a 7 year vet with a career winning record (by the skin of his teeth at this point) and with all that we have the worst QB situation in the league.

GEM
09-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Orton might be upset... But I'm sure he can take solace in his 500k$+ game check, his wife, new baby, a bottle of jack, and his epic neck beard. If none of that works he can try dropping the ball or curling up in the fetal position, seems to be his natural reaction to adversity.

Ohhhhh no you di'nt!! :laugh:

Northman
09-15-2011, 06:08 PM
I watched that segment with Klis. It's disheartening to have that many players dinged up after just one game.

Lol

I wasnt shocked AT ALL.

TXBRONC
09-15-2011, 06:09 PM
The way he's playing, he's going to be offered peanuts.

Even if he puts up numbers similar to the last two seasons I don't see him getting the kind of deal he's looking for.

Ravage!!!
09-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Even if he puts up numbers similar to the last two seasons I don't see him getting the kind of deal he's looking for.

Hell no. He's a temp at best. He'll soon come to realize it after this season. But I agree with you. It was financially more intelligent to keep more money than to accept a deal that was worth less. Makes no sense to take a paycut when you don't have to.

TXBRONC
09-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Hell no. He's a temp at best. He'll soon come to realize it after this season. But I agree with you. It was financially more intelligent to keep more money than to accept a deal that was worth less. Makes no sense to take a paycut when you don't have to.

I wouldn't have taken the deal either.

Lancane
09-15-2011, 06:33 PM
I wouldn't have taken the deal either.

It's smart and dumb...smart because the amount of money for one season, but dumb because he didn't realize should he have a shit season the chance for a starting job, let alone a long-term contract wasn't likely. With the way he plays? I say it was a dumb move, he should have taken the long-term deal, unless he plans on retiring after his contract expires, then what he did makes absolute sense.

jhildebrand
09-15-2011, 06:46 PM
So I'm listening to the radio today and Rick Reilly comes on and had some interesting things to say about the QB situation.

He said that the Broncos should start Tebow now, because Orton is highly affected by all of this.

He stated that "the people close to the situation" that he talked to said Orton is "down about all of this" and "sick of it"....

Went on to say that Orton's play is clearly affected by this and thus, the Broncos should start Tebow.

Reilly goes on to say that they should start Tebow, not because Tebow will do well, but to show the fans that he isn't ready so that the fans will get off of Orton's back. That way Orton can play with a clear head.

He says it is only a matter of time before the locker room turns on him, so they just need to start Tebow to put any controversy to rest.
-----------
This kind of goes along with Orton's oft defeated mentality and demeanor. The guy is a loser and has no confidence. It says something that he is already down and depressed after one week just as the so called "irrational, emotional fans" are.

Can't have a guy leading your team that can't withstand the pressure.

Orton can't blame the fans, he can only blame himself. Perform up to at least a marginal standard and you wouldn't have the fan base clamoring for your benching.

The call is as loud as it is BECAUSE they played him 3 games last season. He played well enough for most in those three games. That is why the cries are as bad as they are. People got a taste.

I said this when it happened, I genuinely believe Fox and Elways's intentions when putting Tebow in against Dallas #1's was to show the fans that he would flop. The problem is TT didn't get the message and out performed Orton. The next week, against what many think was a bad Buffalo team, they barely played him and only allowed two passes possibly out of fear that he would look really good.

Orton needs to toughen up. If he weren't 5-22 in his last 27, people wouldn't be up in arms. If he would show some own progress in his own game people wouldn't be up in arms. But when people see a QB where the last 27 games look identical, they give up. Cant say I blame them.

jhildebrand
09-15-2011, 06:49 PM

They do enough to distract themselves. If they can't handle the boos then they aren't right for this team or sport.

I am more concerned when a player says "we will win eventually." That isn't a ringing endorsement or beacon of hope of any kind.

Ravage!!!
09-15-2011, 06:50 PM
It's smart and dumb...smart because the amount of money for one season, but dumb because he didn't realize should he have a shit season the chance for a starting job, let alone a long-term contract wasn't likely. With the way he plays? I say it was a dumb move, he should have taken the long-term deal, unless he plans on retiring after his contract expires, then what he did makes absolute sense.

But Miami's longer-term deal didn't have as much guaranteed money as he's guaranteed right now. So that means he could have played one season with Miami, made less money, and been cut. Thats not a smart move. IF their guaranteed money would have been the same, Im betting he would have been gone. But its alllllll about the guaranteed money.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-15-2011, 07:22 PM

I agree completely. Boo when we're down by 45? I can understand that.

Boo when we're within reach in the fourth quarter of a competitive game. That's not exactly brilliance on display.

I would much rather see Tebow get a chance, but I could just not see myself booing, especially in that situation.

Lancane
09-15-2011, 07:26 PM
But Miami's longer-term deal didn't have as much guaranteed money as he's guaranteed right now. So that means he could have played one season with Miami, made less money, and been cut. Thats not a smart move. IF their guaranteed money would have been the same, Im betting he would have been gone. But its alllllll about the guaranteed money.

I understand that Rav, but he must have understood that a bad season or another season should he be replaced would hurt his chances at any long-term contracts, let alone the chance for a starting position. Being that Denver fans did not support him, moving on for less and having a good year could have led to more money. If I'm playing for a team where the fan base is literally against me, I would prefer to go elsewhere and try and do my best there in hopes of becoming a starter for a team where the fans supported me. There are different opinions on the matter, some would take the 9 million and said screw the future, others would have said screw the money I want to prove myself. I think he wanted to stay because he thought he could have it both ways and it's backfiring on him...that's at least my take on it.

chazoe60
09-15-2011, 07:32 PM

Boo when we're within reach in the fourth quarter of a competitive game. That's not exactly brilliance on display.

I would much rather see Tebow get a chance, but I could just not see myself booing, especially in that situation.

I Would have been booing when that dimwit dropped the ball.

I don't mind the booing at all. We've endured 21 losses in our last 33 games, and we as a fanbase deserve to let a little frustration out. The organization has made pitiful decision after pitiful decision and we've watched this franchise fall to the depths of the NFL's cellar. To too it off we're $20million under the cap.

Boo the crud out of this franchise until it straightens up and that can start by benching our pathetic QB who has all the fight of a mouse.

horsepig
09-15-2011, 07:38 PM
:beer: I said the same thing Monday night to my father-in-law. Played exactly like Plummer did after we drafted Cutler.

Plummerplayed so badly that he still owns the NFL record winning percentage record as the Broncos QB. I can't quote the numbers without wasting my own time, but Plummer won something like 72% of games started. Geez, he was bad.

horsepig
09-15-2011, 07:43 PM

I.E. he knows he's a piece of shit and should take the ******* money and fall down!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-15-2011, 07:46 PM
I Would have been booing when that dimwit dropped the ball.

I don't mind the booing at all. We've endured 21 losses in our last 33 games, and we as a fanbase deserve to let a little frustration out. The organization has made pitiful decision after pitiful decision and we've watched this franchise fall to the depths of the NFL's cellar. To too it off we're $20million under the cap.

Boo the crud out of this franchise until it straightens up and that can start by benching our pathetic QB who has all the fight of a mouse.

I think paper bags is much more classy chaz... :laugh:

horsepig
09-15-2011, 07:46 PM
I want a QB who thinks his legacy and accomplishments will bring the money, not one who is playing the eat the pancakes while their hot, because you really know you can't do it and don't really like cold pancakes.

spikerman
09-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Reading this thread makes me miss Top.

jhildebrand
09-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Where is Top?

T.K.O.
09-15-2011, 08:11 PM

ive been remoldeling my house and went to calif. for a wedding....where is top ?
is he OK ?:confused:

Lancane
09-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Top left the board to protest a decision made by the moderators, or so that's what I've been told. Sadly, I haven't heard from him in awhile so I am not sure if he is planning on returning or not.

TXBRONC
09-15-2011, 08:26 PM

With the way things are going it is best that Top isn't here. His ticker wouldn't be able to take the stress. :sad:

BeefStew25
09-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Top is an undercover Mossad agent and is currently on a mission.

getlynched47
09-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Bridget Orton wears the pants around the Orton household.

TXBRONC
Top is an undercover Mossad agent and is currently on a mission.

When did looking for his misplaced six pack of Ensure become an undercover mission?

DenBronx
Distraction?

Ortons shitty play is distracting me as a fan.

All I can think about while I'm at work all day is how bad we lost to the raiders.

Maybe I should sue Orton for distracting me.

Broncophanaz
09-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Why did we trade cutler for this jr plummer? Oh wasn't it the coach that got fired?

tomjonesrocks
09-15-2011, 08:56 PM
;)
Distraction?

Ortons shitty play is distracting me as a fan. All I can think about while I'm at work all day is how bad we lost to the raiders.

You getting enough sex in your life?

I'm mad too, but...:confused:

DenBronx
09-15-2011, 09:10 PM
;)

You getting enough sex in your life?

I'm mad too, but...:confused:

no....its down to 2 times a week.

DenBronx
09-15-2011, 09:12 PM
Why did we trade cutler for this jr plummer? Oh wasn't it the coach that got fired?

good question for your 1st post.

and no one will ever know the answer to that. it's got to be the worst trade in bronco history.

tomjonesrocks
09-15-2011, 09:20 PM

http://www.accessrx.com/blog/files/media/Images%202/ED%20TV%20Ads%20Viagra%20Ad.jpg

:D

Ravage!!!
09-15-2011, 09:21 PM
I understand that Rav, but he must have understood that a bad season or another season should he be replaced would hurt his chances at any long-term contracts, let alone the chance for a starting position. Being that Denver fans did not support him, moving on for less and having a good year could have led to more money. If I'm playing for a team where the fan base is literally against me, I would prefer to go elsewhere and try and do my best there in hopes of becoming a starter for a team where the fans supported me. There are different opinions on the matter, some would take the 9 million and said screw the future, others would have said screw the money I want to prove myself. I think he wanted to stay because he thought he could have it both ways and it's backfiring on him...that's at least my take on it.

yeah.. I see what you are saying. But both scenarios relies on him having a good season. One, here while making 9 million, or there while making 5 million. Either way its basically a ONE year contract.. and how he plays THIS year will determine his future. If that were the case for me, I would be sure to make the MOST amount of money in the one year as possible.

chazoe60
09-15-2011, 09:22 PM

What's his name?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Ravage!!!
09-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Top left the board to protest a decision made by the moderators, or so that's what I've been told. Sadly, I haven't heard from him in awhile so I am not sure if he is planning on returning or not.

Well he sure as hell won't return UNTIL Orton has a good game. Right now is certainly not the time to expect to see him posting. :beer:

DenBronx
09-15-2011, 09:25 PM
What's his name?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

buck

why u jealous?

chazoe60
09-15-2011, 09:27 PM
buck

why u jealous?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ravage!!!
09-15-2011, 09:28 PM

I wonder if the mods are caving in order to get him back? :confused:

Lancane
09-15-2011, 09:34 PM
I wonder if the mods are caving in order to get him back? :confused:

Highly doubt it, because it was in regards to the whole Jr. issue, he didn't like how that came about and felt that the old horses were being put to bed, and said he was leaving before he was put to pasture. I tried to tell him to stay, that there had to be legit reasons behind the issue (which I'll not discuss on this part of the forums) but I haven't heard from him since.
:tsk:

Ravage!!!
09-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Highly doubt it, because it was in regards to the whole Jr. issue, he didn't like how that came about and felt that the old horses were being put to bed, and said he was leaving before he was put to pasture. I tried to tell him to stay, that there had to be legit reasons behind the issue (which I'll not discuss on this part of the forums) but I haven't heard from him since.
:tsk:

well. The nice thing is that the discussions around the boards have been a LOT more civil since the departure of them both. Thats a good thing.

Lancane
09-15-2011, 10:22 PM
well. The nice thing is that the discussions around the boards have been a LOT more civil since the departure of them both. Thats a good thing.

I think they've been more civil, but we seemed to have added some posters who have picked up where they left off, just to a different extreme - meaning the Tebow Die-Hards!

Simple Jaded
09-15-2011, 10:48 PM
With the possibility of the injured not playing, name the positions where the Broncos are better than Cincy?

What, Clady? That's 1. There's?.......Dawkins? 2. And? Lloyd. 3. Ummm? Miller! 4. Kuper! 5.......Orton! Of course Orton.......6! It's not so easy, and if you have to think that hard then is the difference in talent level really significant? In favor of the Bengals, maybe. As units, DL, OL, LB, CB, S, RB, the edge goes to Cincy.

Seriously, this team needed a miracle finish the last time these 2 teams played, and that was with a significantly better defense. One of these teams has improved somewhat since then and the other.......kinda hasn't.

Those of you expecting Orton to beat Cincy on his own with this team around him simply do not know Orton. But lets be honest, none of us expect Orton to really win games for this team, at least you shouldn't. He always has been, and he always will be, a game manager. Two years ago that was more than enough to justify trading a 25-year-old franchise QB coming off a ProBowl season and, other than ending the Josh McDaniels Error, nothing has changed since then. Nothing.

So what gives? Why should Denver be expected to beat Cincy? We know it isn't talent. Home field? Please! They had home field the last time and what little noise Mile Highers make ends when their own QB screws up. The new coaching staff? Really? They hired the only staff with a worse '10 record than theirs.

No, l have a feeling that we're just setting the stage for more Tebow humping when and if the Bengals beat Denver.

As for Orton getting down about all this. l find it amusing that in just two short years we've already come full circle; Again we're cursing the starting QB as a loser and a crybaby, and again we're as eager as a virgin on prom night to wipe our ass with the starting QB with less than appealing alternatives, the backup QB situation is the nutritional equivalent to spam personified. Two years ago most of the Broncos fans wanted Kyle Orton, now it seems a lot of those same people just can't wait til he's gone.

I don't think Ortonary has any reason to get bent over this nonsense, he's the one who said he couldn't care less. But if l didn't dislike him so much and didn't want to Suck For Luck/Jones/Barkley, l'd be rooting for Ortonary to cram one of those precious BS passer ratings square up these fans asses.......

Slick
09-16-2011, 12:39 AM
No bronco fan i know wanted orton in the first place link. Nobody.

other than that, i agree.

dogfish
09-16-2011, 12:42 AM

hey, don't forget about top-- there's one. . .

okay, that's all i got. . .

Slick
09-16-2011, 01:28 AM
Heheheheee

I miss Larry. Wonder how he is taking this.

Slick
09-16-2011, 01:29 AM

TXBRONC
09-16-2011, 10:48 AM

WTM was happy with the trade when it happened IIRC.

However he has since changed his tune.

BroncoStud
09-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Keep Tebow on the bench, we want Luck. Orton gives us the best chance at winning the Luck Lottery.

JaxBroncoGirl
09-16-2011, 11:28 AM

I was going to type the same exact thing. Orton had his chance to move on fully knowing he was not well liked in Denver yet he stayed. The fans are not doing Tebow any favors either. The coaches will now defend Orton and stand by their man because they are not going to fold to any fans demands which means Tebow will never get his shot.

Denver's front office has not handled the whole situation well and this is the outcome.

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Heheheheee

I miss Larry. Wonder how he is taking this.

He is avoiding the boards like a plague, since he was such an avid Orton fan.

Northman
09-16-2011, 11:40 AM

He said he wasnt and i wished him well. He was playing the victim card again so i shrugged and said "ok, peace brother".

vandammage13
09-16-2011, 11:41 AM
I was going to type the same exact thing. Orton had his chance to move on fully knowing he was not well liked in Denver yet he stayed. The fans are not doing Tebow any favors either. The coaches will now defend Orton and stand by their man because they are not going to fold to any fans demands which means Tebow will never get his shot.

Denver's front office has not handled the whole situation well and this is the outcome.

I fear this as well...

Imagine if the coaching staff eventually benches Orton after say week 9, and Tebow comes in and does well.

It will make them look stupid...They probably don't want to take the chance of looking dumb and will just stick to their guns on Orton.

Don't think this doesn't factor into the equation. They are human after all... No one likes to admit they were wrong.

Northman
09-16-2011, 11:44 AM

I can guarantee had Orton been so average or bad as a QB the boo's would of never came. The booing the other night wasnt just about the poorly played game but of the last 2 years of frustration of watching Orton again fail to live up to the preseason hype. When you keep getting told over and over that he's the best chance to win and he's continuing to play poorly than naturally fans are going to turn on him. Nature of the beast.

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 11:46 AM
I can guarantee had Orton been so average or bad as a QB the boo's would of never came. The booing the other night wasnt just about the poorly played game but of the last 2 years of frustration of watching Orton again fail to live up to the preseason hype. When you keep getting told over and over that he's the best chance to win and he's continuing to play poorly than naturally fans are going to turn on him. Nature of the beast.

Not the first time he was booed. He was booed while McD was coach. Playes have been frustrated with Orton for awhile now.

slim
09-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Not the first time he was booed. He was booed while McD was coach. Playes have been frustrated with Orton for awhile now.

He was booed before he ever really played.

A lot of Bronco fans never really gave the guy a chance.

NightTerror218
09-16-2011, 11:53 AM

They did once Simms started that one game for him.

He was booed for the fact Culter was gone and we got him.

Nomad
09-16-2011, 01:06 PM

Here's a stat for ya North, listening to Denver sports radio, the guy said the Bengals haven't won here since 1975.

BroncoStud
09-16-2011, 01:41 PM

We had Cutler, why would we give him a chance? We was a major downgrade at the position...

slim
09-16-2011, 02:14 PM
We had Cutler, why would we give him a chance? We was a major downgrade at the position...

Maybe, but why blame him?

He was brought in to be the QB...he didn't ask for it. I just thought a lot of fans handled that situation poorly. And frankly, he hasn't been half as bad as a lot of people said he would be.

BTW, I don't think Culter is all that, either. One is way overreated, the other somewhat underrated (at least by Bronco fans).

Northman
09-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Here's a stat for ya North, listening to Denver sports radio, the guy said the Bengals haven't won here since 1975.

Interesting. Aside from the HAIL MARY play a couple of years ago the only two Bengal games i remember the most were in 98' i believe when we stomped Jeff Blake and company in Denver.

The other one, not so pretty. When we played them with Corey Dillon and he continued to set records on us. But that was in Cincy at the time but still a very painful memory. Thank god Cleveland allowed Bmore to break that record for us. :tsk:

Jsteve01
09-16-2011, 02:28 PM
I fear this as well...

Imagine if the coaching staff eventually benches Orton after say week 9, and Tebow comes in and does well.

It will make them look stupid...They probably don't want to take the chance of looking dumb and will just stick to their guns on Orton.

Don't think this doesn't factor into the equation. They are human after all... No one likes to admit they were wrong.

my god man. You do realize that we're talking about people who want to win right? These are NFL level competitors. You think pride is going to allow them to lose games just to make a point? For the love of pete some of the crap that people are insinuating is just ridiculous. The guys eat breath and sleep football. It's their life. Tebow's a great guy easy to root for. Maybe if the kid was a total jackoff, I could see your point but sheesh. This speculation has gotten beyond real.

I get the argument to play Tebow and I get the argument to sit him. Right now you're talking about a coach who just had the management undermine him for 2 years in Carolina. You think he's going to let his ego get in the way of winning? Dont think so.

scott.475
09-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Just to make sure I understand: The fans should only speak up when things are going well and we are stomping all our competition into the ground. "Come on fans! Make some noise! Show your support! Let's get this stadium rockin' so the other guys can't hear the snap! YAAAAAY!"

When things suck, really, really suck, it is "Sit down, shut up, and keep giving us your money! If you don't shut up, we are going to teach you how bad things really CAN be!" Do I have that right Rick Reilly??? I think I do. Apparently fans shouldn't support their team 100% of the time, only 50%, or maybe on 25%...whatever, but clearly we are only supposed to show our support when the team is winning.

And for those who think showering criticism down on Orton is not supporting the team, you are wrong. We are outraged by his play precisely because we want our team to win.

To read and listen to people, you would think Orton is a Brady/Manning in the rough, just needs some polishing and he'll be great! This guy is not going to deliver us to the promised land! I doubt he'll deliver us to a winning season.

Gosh! The amount of destruction McDaniels brought to this team is indescribable! How can one guy cause so much damage in such a short time? UNREAL!

Agent of Orange
09-17-2011, 06:20 AM

Except that it's not that simple. People no longer believe in him. Even if Orton plays well for a while, people think the clock will soon strike midnight at any time and Orton will again be exposed.

Agent of Orange
09-17-2011, 06:23 AM

Orton was booed his very first pre season game.

scott.475
09-17-2011, 06:41 AM
Except that it's not that simple. People no longer believe in him. Even if Orton plays well for a while, people think the clock will soon strike midnight at any time and Orton will again be exposed.

Exactly. Outside of Lloyd, I doubt there is a single guy in that huddle that really feels like Orton could drive them 80 yards in the final minutes of a game for a tie or win. He is a known quantity, he simply does not have it in him. He does not look like or carry himself like a leader on the field. Team Captain? What a joke!

At least with Quinn or Tebow, there is the possibility of something we haven't seen before. Either of those guys could at least have some believers for awhile. I'd be happy with either Quinn or Tebow, I am so sick of not only Orton's play, but his flippant dismissal of the fans. He was a jerk most of last year, he is a total jerk this year.

THANK YOU JOSH MCDANIELS! YOU JERK!!!

claymore
09-17-2011, 06:59 AM
I fear this as well...

As hard as it is to believe, Orton is better than Tebow. Thats why he isnt playing this Sunday. When he is the best QB on the team, he will start. No sooner, no later.

claymore
09-17-2011, 07:02 AM

They should have thought that from the begining. Anyone that thought Orton would ever be the long term solution, A. Didnt watch football B. Isnt very bright C. hated Cutler so much it affected their judgment

MileHighCrew
09-17-2011, 07:09 AM
They should have thought that from the begining. Anyone that thought Orton would ever be the long term solution, A. Didnt watch football B. Isnt very bright C. hated Cutler so much it affected their judgment

The Broncos didn't see Orton as the long term solution, they drafted a first round QB after his first season in Denver and traded for another. McDaniels just fell in love with players before he drafted them that didn't live up to their draft position. Tebow has not lived up to a first round QB, not that he can't but he hasn't.

claymore
09-17-2011, 07:39 AM
The Broncos didn't see Orton as the long term solution, they drafted a first round QB after his first season in Denver and traded for another. McDaniels just fell in love with players before he drafted them that didn't live up to their draft position. Tebow has not lived up to a first round QB, not that he can't but he hasn't.

I think some of the fans thought he would be. I agree with you on Tebow.

BroncoStud
09-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Maybe, but why blame him?

He was brought in to be the QB...he didn't ask for it. I just thought a lot of fans handled that situation poorly. And frankly, he hasn't been half as bad as a lot of people said he would be.

BTW, I don't think Culter is all that, either. One is way overreated, the other somewhat underrated (at least by Bronco fans).

Cutler is a damn good QB, Orton is an average QB. I'm not sure how someone is being underrated. Besides, Orton had every chance to leave this season and go where he was actually wanted but he wanted more money. At this point it's hard to have sympathy for the devil. He knew he was on a microscopic leash here in Denver with the fans.

We never wanted him. He was handed the keys to the kingdom by a coach who had no business being a HC, and since the 6-0 glass-house start Kyle Orton is 5-19 as a starter... Let that sink in... 5-19. We're the Denver Broncos not the Carolina Panthers...

fvkw
09-17-2011, 08:31 AM
no doubt he can afford teh fancy Kleenex with Aloe and not the cheap shit from WalMart

I think he will pull threw! He only cares about the $$$$$$$ !!!!!!

TXBRONC
09-17-2011, 08:36 AM
Exactly. Outside of Lloyd, I doubt there is a single guy in that huddle that really feels like Orton could drive them 80 yards in the final minutes of a game for a tie or win. He is a known quantity, he simply does not have it in him. He does not look like or carry himself like a leader on the field. Team Captain? What a joke!

At least with Quinn or Tebow, there is the possibility of something we haven't seen before. Either of those guys could at least have some believers for awhile. I'd be happy with either Quinn or Tebow, I am so sick of not only Orton's play, but his flippant dismissal of the fans. He was a jerk most of last year, he is a total jerk this year.

Maybe they don't have that kind of confidence in him but since his teammates aren't talking it's hard to say. That said, I was watching NFLN earlier this week and they were interviewing Mike Klis. During the interview he was asked about his perceptions of the locker room considering all this Tebow stuff. If I heard him correctly he said that Orton is seen as a leader and they support as the starting quarterback but also went on to say that if Tebow were the starting quarterback they would get behind him as well. So if I have understood him correctly Orton's teammates see him as a leader and their best chance to win games but that doesn't necessarily mean that if a game is on the line that believe he can put the team on his back and do what it takes to win the game.

hamrob
09-17-2011, 11:38 AM
The Broncos didn't see Orton as the long term solution, they drafted a first round QB after his first season in Denver and traded for another. McDaniels just fell in love with players before he drafted them that didn't live up to their draft position. Tebow has not lived up to a first round QB, not that he can't but he hasn't.O.K., so exactly when has he had the chance to live up to the expectation?

Here's some homework for you:

Go check his QB rating for last year and compare it against all the other rookie QB's
Go check his QB rating for last year's preseason games and compare that against other rookie QB's
Go check his QB rating for this preaseason and compare that against all 1st and 2nd year QB's
Then, come back and explain to us, how Tim Tebow hasn't lived up to the expectations. How about...the FACT, that this organization won't give him the oppurtunity to live up to expectations. It's pretty convenient to say that Orton beat him out. But, the facts are, when you spend a first round pick on a QB, you play your investment...you don't allow a 2nd rate QB to start in front of him. Every QB knows (including Elway), that you don't learn from the sidelines. You learn from the field. All this BS about having to learn to play from Center, when Elway hardly ever did until the last few years of his playing career is totally assinine. Then you allow Orton to play from the shotgun 75% of the time. Man, Elway is looking bad right now!

BroncoStud
09-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Lloyd is in a contract year. He wants the QB who is going to throw him the most balls for the most yardage, regardless of outcome. Tebow is going to run and play ugly football while he learns. Orton is going to lock onto Lloyd and toss him 1,000 yards of stats.

It isn't rocket science why Brandon Lloyd is pushing for Orton.

Bugs Baloney
09-17-2011, 12:19 PM
Broncos Fans to Orton....Guess what Kyle, We're down about it, and sick of it too!

rcsodak
09-17-2011, 01:33 PM
So whats that say about you, since you cant even get his output correct.

Yall need to remember that Oak, through all their high draft picks, and trades, AREN'T the weaklings of yesteryears.

Speed kills, and they got it along with size.

Losing by 3 is more than respectable.

scott.475
09-17-2011, 01:45 PM

Losing respectably isn't going to do us any good. I want to win, I don't care if we look ugly or good doing it, just give me wins. Likewise, I don't really give a rip about Orton's stats any more. The only stats we Bronco fans should care about now are wins and losses. I don't care if he throws for 5,000 yards, I don't care if we have a 2,000 yard rusher, I don't care about QB ratings if they don't go along with wins. I don't want to lose respectably, ugly, or any other way! SHOW US THE WINS KYLE, YOU WHINY PUNK!

BroncoStud
09-17-2011, 02:05 PM
So whats that say about you, since you cant even get his output correct.

Yall need to remember that Oak, through all their high draft picks, and trades, AREN'T the weaklings of yesteryears.

Speed kills, and they got it along with size.

You go lose with Orton on some other team. I'm pretty sure most of us fans aren't OK with losing respectably, we want to win. Orton is 5-19 in his last 24 starts. Freaking PATHETIC.

chazoe60
09-17-2011, 02:07 PM
I hate losing respectably.

BroncoStud
09-17-2011, 02:12 PM
I hate losing respectably.

I hate losing. It's almost like we've become numb to it lately. I don't expect to win games anymore, not a single game on the schedule do I think Denver SHOULD win this year - that just sucks.

Orton has won 5 of the last 24 games he has started. Who keeps their job under those circumstances? A rookie or 2nd year QB, MAYBE. But Orton is in his 7th season as an NFL QB...

Seriously. This is just sad, pathetic, annoying, and quite honestly, it's bullshit. I don't care if Elway takes the field at his age, just get someone else in there who isn't Kyle freaking Orton.

Lancane
09-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Losing respectably isn't going to do us any good. I want to win, I don't care if we look ugly or good doing it, just give me wins. Likewise, I don't really give a rip about Orton's stats any more. The only stats we Bronco fans should care about now are wins and losses. I don't care if he throws for 5,000 yards, I don't care if we have a 2,000 yard rusher, I don't care about QB ratings if they don't go along with wins. I don't want to lose respectably, ugly, or any other way! SHOW US THE WINS KYLE, YOU WHINY PUNK!

See I can't accept such a flawed logic, because it basically is willfully accepting mediocrity. It's rather easy to understand the philosophy of winning no matter the cost, but at the same time ugly wins usually point to severe instability. What you're basically saying is that you'd rather have a .500 football team for the next four years rather then have a few bad seasons followed by more productive ones...at the High School or even Collegiate level I could understand that way of thinking, at the Pro level? Not a chance in hell...I would rather be next Atlanta rather then the next Houston.

scott.475
09-17-2011, 02:58 PM
See I can't accept such a flawed logic, because it basically is willfully accepting mediocrity. It's rather easy to understand the philosophy of winning no matter the cost, but at the same time ugly wins usually point to severe instability. What you're basically saying is that you'd rather have a .500 football team for the next four years rather then have a few bad seasons followed by more productive ones...at the High School or even Collegiate level I could understand that way of thinking, at the Pro level? Not a chance in hell...I would rather be next Atlanta rather then the next Houston.

I guess I can see how you got that out of my post, certainly not my intended meaning. .500 seasons are not winning seasons, those are neutral seasons in my mind. When I talk about ugly wins, I mean the gritty, Favre/Young type winning. They weren't the most graceful QBs, they looked like they were fighting and scraping for their wins, not the graceful Manning/Brady type wins, if you get my meaning. I just get tired of people throwing up Kyle's stats and saying he is a good QB, give me less stats and more consistent wins any day.

Lancane
09-17-2011, 03:28 PM
I guess I can see how you got that out of my post, certainly not my intended meaning. .500 seasons are not winning seasons, those are neutral seasons in my mind. When I talk about ugly wins, I mean the gritty, Favre/Young type winning. They weren't the most graceful QBs, they looked like they were fighting and scraping for their wins, not the graceful Manning/Brady type wins, if you get my meaning. I just get tired of people throwing up Kyle's stats and saying he is a good QB, give me less stats and more consistent wins any day.

And that's understandable...but I think we hired the wrong coach for the job, the man is the epitome of a mediocre football coach, and at the very least we should have hired a offensive coordinator that is not the student of two flawed versions of the same offensive system, but rather someone who has a grip on several different offenses and likewise has full control on that side of the ball. I have no issue with Fox's defensive philosophy, I am a fan of the 'Bend Don't Break' defense because you see more big hits, more sacks and turnovers as well...but I am not a fan of his conservative flashback-esque philosophy regarding the offense. I don't mind the gritty, tough wins...I just don't want to see us have a bunch of fluke wins and never being better then mediocre.

As to the rest, I agree...I would rather go 3-13 with Tebow at the helm and see where we are at then 5-15 with Orton because we already no where his ceiling is. But, I do believe Elway will do whatever it takes to get someone under center who is considered a consistent quarterback, whether it's Tebow or someone else is yet to be seen - but I have a feeling that we're going to draft that so-called future quarterback in this upcoming draft.

TXBRONC
09-17-2011, 06:43 PM
You go lose with Orton on some other team. I'm pretty sure most of us fans aren't OK with losing respectably, we want to win. Orton is 5-19 in his last 24 starts. Freaking PATHETIC.

I didn't take his post to mean pumping up Orton. I also don't think it's right to tell him to go elsewhere. He'll be here regardless of what happens with Orton.

The only positive is that Denver didn't blown out but that doesn't make it a respectable loss.

TXBRONC
09-17-2011, 06:45 PM
And that's understandable...but I think we hired the wrong coach for the job, the man is the epitome of a mediocre football coach, and at the very least we should have hired a offensive coordinator that is not the student of two flawed versions of the same offensive system, but rather someone who has a grip on several different offenses and likewise has full control on that side of the ball. I have no issue with Fox's defensive philosophy, I am a fan of the 'Bend Don't Break' defense because you see more big hits, more sacks and turnovers as well...but I am not a fan of his conservative flashback-esque philosophy regarding the offense. I don't mind the gritty, tough wins...I just don't want to see us have a bunch of fluke wins and never being better then mediocre.

As to the rest, I agree...I would rather go 3-13 with Tebow at the helm and see where we are at then 5-15 with Orton because we already no where his ceiling is. But, I do believe Elway will do whatever it takes to get someone under center who is considered a consistent quarterback, whether it's Tebow or someone else is yet to be seen - but I have a feeling that we're going to draft that so-called future quarterback in this upcoming draft.

Holy molly I didn't know we had four extra games on our schedule. :shocked: :D

Lancane
09-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Holy molly I didn't know we had four extra games on our schedule. :shocked: :D

Whoops...I meant 5-11, but hell...we might as well toss four extra losses on top of it all!

:lol:

scott.475
09-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Whoops...I meant 5-11, but hell...we might as well toss four extra losses on top of it all!

:lol:

If anyone could find a way to go 5-15 in a 16 game schedule, Orton could. He is a good QB after all. :lol:

ursamajor
09-18-2011, 03:58 AM
I understand that Rav, but he must have understood that a bad season or another season should he be replaced would hurt his chances at any long-term contracts, let alone the chance for a starting position. Being that Denver fans did not support him, moving on for less and having a good year could have led to more money. If I'm playing for a team where the fan base is literally against me, I would prefer to go elsewhere and try and do my best there in hopes of becoming a starter for a team where the fans supported me. There are different opinions on the matter, some would take the 9 million and said screw the future, others would have said screw the money I want to prove myself. I think he wanted to stay because he thought he could have it both ways and it's backfiring on him...that's at least my take on it. TBT, Orton is not hurting his chance at another team picking him up long term anymore than Plummer hurt his chances in AZ.

underrated29
09-18-2011, 04:02 AM
urs are you there? Can you see me typing, ca4 you read this"

ursamajor
09-18-2011, 04:16 AM
Yeah, I can see your post.

Simple Jaded
09-18-2011, 04:51 AM
l absolutely love john Fox's philosophy on offense, or any other team that wants a strong running game. Texans, Giants, Stealers, Ravens, Chefs, Titans, Raiders, l'd much rather watch that than the crap that the Patriots, Colts, Eagles and Broncos have been putting out there lately.

The problem as l see it is Slowshon Moreno, Zane Beadles and JD Walton, be it a lack of experience or talent or both. Kuper had a rough night on Monday too.

But give me that kind of football any day.......

Simple Jaded
09-18-2011, 05:04 AM

So is the Freaking PATHETIC Denver defense. This argument has been thrown against the wall since we all wiped our asses with Cutler, it hasn't got any less ridiculous since then.......

Simple Jaded
09-18-2011, 05:25 AM

Wait? A Bronco fan is sick of Ortonary's flippant dismissal of Broncos fans? That's rich! That's exactly like toilet paper getting sick of how humans keep using toilet paper to wipe their asses.

And fwiw, local beat writers and sports talk radio hacks insist that Kyle Orton is unanimous leader and QB of this team. People need to stop peddling this bullshit, all indications are that you are completely and totally wrong.

Unlike you, l have no dog in this hunt, l don't like either QB.......

scott.475
09-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Wait? A Bronco fan is sick of Ortonary's flippant dismissal of Broncos fans? That's rich! That's exactly like toilet paper getting sick of how humans keep using toilet paper to wipe their asses.

And fwiw, local beat writers and sports talk radio hacks insist that Kyle Orton is unanimous leader and QB of this team. People need to stop peddling this bullshit, all indications are that you are completely and totally wrong.

Unlike you, l have no dog in this hunt, l don't like either QB.......

I have no idea what you said here. I just know what I have heard him say regarding the fans, that is all. It is no surprise he is a unanimous leader, most QBs are by default. Frankly, I don't care if he is a leader or not at this point, give me a non-leader that wins games and I'll be happy. He may do a great job talking to his team in the locker room, I don't know, but he is not getting it done on the field. Doers do, they don't talk. Like my cousin the bull rider says, "Bring your rope, not your mouth"

Know what Billicheck said after their great game Monday night? "We have a long way to go before we are a good team". I think most of those upper echelon QBs and coaches feel the same way, that no matter how good you play, there is still improvement to be made. Scary thing about Orton is, he thinks he is playing good ball, and we fans have no idea about what we are seeing on the field! With an attitude like that, he will never get any better. He is really coming across as a guy who got his money, so his work is done.

Anyway, I don't know what I wrote to prompt an attack from you. I think what I wrote is an accurate reflection of Orton's attitude toward Bronco fans this year. I don't know what a game ticket costs, but apparently the fans in the stadium are supposed to be happy to fork over their hard earned money during a recession, just to watch a crappy product.

Agent of Orange
09-18-2011, 10:01 AM
l absolutely love john Fox's philosophy on offense, or any other team that wants a strong running game. Texans, Giants, Stealers, Ravens, Chefs, Titans, Raiders, l'd much rather watch that than the crap that the Patriots, Colts, Eagles and Broncos have been putting out there lately.

The problem as l see it is Slowshon Moreno, Zane Beadles and JD Walton, be it a lack of experience or talent or both. Kuper had a rough night on Monday too.

I feel the same way. We won two SBs with a dominant run offense and if we had the same offense today, we'd also be winnig SBs today. And you're right to point out that it works with a good running game and defense. However, Elway is now a crucial member of the front office. It's realistic to think that there will be an emphsis put on the QB now.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-18-2011, 10:05 AM

If I was an athlete, a professional athlete making millions upon millions of dollars a year I'd hope like hell that I had the mental fortitude to deal with some adversity in the form of some disgruntled fans. For me, it's called accountability. Orton (and he wasn't the only one) played like shit last week. If he's going to get down and depressed about people showing displeasure about that, perhaps he's in the wrong business. I don't know. Furthermore, if some booing completely destroys his psyche, what does that say about his abilities to deal with some adversity? God forbid the Broncos ever made it to the Super Bowl and he had to be the one to lead us down the field on a game winning TD drive with less than 2 minutes to go.

His poor head would explode from the stress, I'm sure.

I feel the same way. We won two SBs with a dominant run offense and if we had the same offense today, we'd also be winnig SBs today. And you're right to point out that it works with a good running game and defense. However, Elway is now a crucial member of the front office. It's realistic to think that there will be an emphsis put on the QB now.

How do you run the ball when your entire offensive line is allergic to run blocking? Easiest thing an O-Line can do is to blast off and hit somebody in the mouth (run blocking) yet this brady bunch group of mismatched hogs can't even do that. I Blame their ineptitude, not the RB whom can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit behind this inept group.

Agent of Orange
09-18-2011, 10:17 AM
How do you run the ball when your entire offensive line is allergic to run blocking? Easiest thing an O-Line can do is to blast off and hit somebody in the mouth (run blocking) yet this brady bunch group of mismatched hogs can't even do that. I Blame their ineptitude, not the RB whom can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit behind this inept group.

Rome wasnt built in a day. Youre right, there hasnt been anything good about our running game since McDaniels arrived and Hillis was traded. As far as coaches go, Fox might be the opposite of McDaniels. This leaves scenarios with square pegs and round holes. But Link was talking about a style of play, which I also embrace.

vettesplus
09-18-2011, 10:32 AM
i also wish they would throw tebow out there and watch him fall on his face so all of the tebow lovers would just shut the hell up, and on the other hand , if he performs well better yet!!!

MileHighCrew
09-18-2011, 10:39 AM
O.K., so exactly when has he had the chance to live up to the expectation?

Here's some homework for you:

Go check his QB rating for last year and compare it against all the other rookie QB's
Go check his QB rating for last year's preseason games and compare that against other rookie QB's
Go check his QB rating for this preaseason and compare that against all 1st and 2nd year QB's
Then, come back and explain to us, how Tim Tebow hasn't lived up to the expectations. How about...the FACT, that this organization won't give him the oppurtunity to live up to expectations. It's pretty convenient to say that Orton beat him out. But, the facts are, when you spend a first round pick on a QB, you play your investment...you don't allow a 2nd rate QB to start in front of him. Every QB knows (including Elway), that you don't learn from the sidelines. You learn from the field. All this BS about having to learn to play from Center, when Elway hardly ever did until the last few years of his playing career is totally assinine. Then you allow Orton to play from the shotgun 75% of the time. Man, Elway is looking bad right now!

He hasn't been able to fix his throwing motion, he runs too soon without going through his reads, he is not accurate from the pocket and his ball sails. These are problems for a QB drafted in the 1st round. I'm not crashing on Tebow, but the fact is EFX didn't draft him, they owe Tebow nothing. He hasn't lived up to being a first round QB... Could he, sure he could but by all account he was not bad but horrible in practice and numbers aside that fails the eye test.
As for learning form the sidelines you are WRONG. It is common belief it help a young QB learn by spening time on the sidelines. Elway knows this

Slick
09-18-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm curious to see how the fans in the stadium treat kyle today. Will they rain down boos when he trots out for the first series? Will they at least wait until he throws an incompletion? Maybe his first 3 and out?

MileHighCrew
09-18-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm curious to see how the fans in the stadium treat kyle today. Will they rain down boos when he trots out for the first series? Will they at least wait until he throws an incompletion? Maybe his first 3 and out?

boo him from the introductions.

Agent of Orange
09-18-2011, 11:00 AM

It will probably be mixed. There are a lot of Denver fans who think they should never question anything and just spend money and cheer. These dudley-do-rights will probably try to make a stand by trying to drown out the boos. And then there will also be a lot of boos. There are too many people who hate Kyle Orton now.

Its going to be an obvious mixture.

Bosco
09-18-2011, 11:55 AM

Exactly. A significant portion of the fanbase needs to **** and leave the running of the team to the people getting paid millions of dollars to do just that.

chazoe60
09-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Exactly. A significant portion of the fanbase needs to **** and leave the running of the team to the people getting paid millions of dollars to do just that.

So just sit back accept our shit sandwich and try to choke it down? Nah, I don't roll like that.

G_Money
09-18-2011, 12:02 PM
When the people running the team show they know what they're doing, that'll be easier. Josh got paid millions and by the end I think fans were calling contract hitters to erase him just to stop him from shoving a once-proud franchise any further into the wood chipper.

We kept his personnel man. That makes me nervous. We kept his minion-OC. That makes me nervous.

There's a ways to go to turn this around, and if the personnel decisions and other challenges continue, I can understand people doubting that we've found the u-turn point just yet. Orton is one of those personnel decisions.

Boos forthcoming.

~G

scott.475
09-18-2011, 12:10 PM

Just to make sure I understand: Team owners and politicians come to the citizens and fans begging them to vote for bonds/taxes, whatever to fund new stadiums and all that comes with that. The team wants us to buy team merchandise from them to show our support, they want us to pay whatever $$$ for tickets, beer and food in the stadium. Basically, the pro teams owe their entire existence to the fans, otherwise they would all still just be a bunch of guys getting together to practice at the end of their regular work day. And after all of this, when the teams to fans have so much invested in, not just emotionally but financially, the team sucks, we are just supposed to shut the hell up? Sounds like a politician, beg, beg, begging for our votes, but once they get into power they really don't give a rip about the people that sent them there.

Lancane
09-18-2011, 02:51 PM

See, I have to disagree with you on this Link, because Fox's offensive philosophy is tremendously flawed. And I am not referring to having a solid running attack, even the examples you gave are a misrepresentation; Texans have a high powered offense, much like Denver had during our Super Bowl years, the problem is they've lacked a defense to help them maintain their leads, whereas New York (G), Pittsburgh and Baltimore should not even be in the discussion, all three have legit franchise capable quarterbacks and their offenses are just as good through the air as on the ground and all three have elite defenses which Fox's defenses are not. Tennessee, Oakland and Kansas City are closer to his offensive philosophy then the others you mentioned, do you notice the bigger issue for all three of those teams? Between the three, they've seen fewer playoffs then the teams you misrepresented along side them, they have not the franchise capable quarterbacks, though Tennessee may have found their next franchise quarterback, but Cassel and Campbell?

And let's not forget to mention the other issue, that the offense Fox prefers to run itself has proven to be unsuccessful both here in Denver and also in Carolina, I mean they may have been able to run the ball, but it didn't help him any now did it? After all, he is the epitome of a mediocre coach, his record speaks volumes, his offenses even with sufficient running attacks have been rather horrid, only twice in nine years did he have offensive units higher then fifteenth overall, most of the times they were at the bottom of the league... So how is that better then Philadelphia, Indianapolis or New England? Notice the three teams you are talking about have been continual playoff teams whereas the one's you wish this team to emulate are bottom feeders?

Sorry, but I'd rather be the next Atlanta, New Orleans, Green Bay or New York (J), even the next San Diego rather then the next Kansas City, Oakland, Jacksonville or even Minnesota.

Bosco
09-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Just to make sure I understand: Team owners and politicians come to the citizens and fans begging them to vote for bonds/taxes, whatever to fund new stadiums and all that comes with that. The team wants us to buy team merchandise from them to show our support, they want us to pay whatever $$$ for tickets, beer and food in the stadium. Basically, the pro teams owe their entire existence to the fans, otherwise they would all still just be a bunch of guys getting together to practice at the end of their regular work day. And after all of this, when the teams to fans have so much invested in, not just emotionally but financially, the team sucks, we are just supposed to shut the hell up? Sounds like a politician, beg, beg, begging for our votes, but once they get into power they really don't give a rip about the people that sent them there.

That's not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying that fans need to understand where they sit on the decision making totem pole, and that's the bottom. If you don't like what is going on with the team, then by all means voice your concerns with the almighty dollar. Quit going to games or buying team merchandise, but when people start buying billboards and shit to try to force depth chart moves, they have over stepped their bounds.

It all goes to accountability. Unless you are accountable for the results of the decision, you should not be trying to make it. Hence, fans shouldn't be trying to force the start of Tebow because if the move backfires, it is the coaches and not the fans that have to answer for it. Conversely, the only accountability front office and coaching staff has to the fans is to put a winning product on the field. How they do that is their decision and their decision alone.

Bosco
09-18-2011, 11:51 PM
See, I have to disagree with you on this Link, because Fox's offensive philosophy is tremendously flawed. And I am not referring to having a solid running attack, even the examples you gave are a misrepresentation; Texans have a high powered offense, much like Denver had during our Super Bowl years, the problem is they've lacked a defense to help them maintain their leads, whereas New York (G), Pittsburgh and Baltimore should not even be in the discussion, all three have legit franchise capable quarterbacks and their offenses are just as good through the air as on the ground and all three have elite defenses which Fox's defenses are not. Tennessee, Oakland and Kansas City are closer to his offensive philosophy then the others you mentioned, do you notice the bigger issue for all three of those teams? Between the three, they've seen fewer playoffs then the teams you misrepresented along side them, they have not the franchise capable quarterbacks, though Tennessee may have found their next franchise quarterback, but Cassel and Campbell?

And let's not forget to mention the other issue, that the offense Fox prefers to run itself has proven to be unsuccessful both here in Denver and also in Carolina, I mean they may have been able to run the ball, but it didn't help him any now did it? After all, he is the epitome of a mediocre coach, his record speaks volumes, his offenses even with sufficient running attacks have been rather horrid, only twice in nine years did he have offensive units higher then fifteenth overall, most of the times they were at the bottom of the league... So how is that better then Philadelphia, Indianapolis or New England? Notice the three teams you are talking about have been continual playoff teams whereas the one's you wish this team to emulate are bottom feeders?

Sorry, but I'd rather be the next Atlanta, New Orleans, Green Bay or New York (J), even the next San Diego rather then the next Kansas City, Oakland, Jacksonville or even Minnesota.

Excellent post. No matter what personal opinion someone might have of it, this is a passing league now and all the successful teams have incorporated spread concepts into their offensive schemes. Hell, in the last 3 Super Bowls we've seen nothing BUT spread offenses.

John Bad Elk
09-19-2011, 04:43 AM
Rick Reilly = Classic FAIL.

Tned
09-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Rome wasnt built in a day. Youre right, there hasnt been anything good about our running game since McDaniels arrived and Hillis was traded. As far as coaches go, Fox might be the opposite of McDaniels. This leaves scenarios with square pegs and round holes. But Link was talking about a style of play, which I also embrace.

Yea, but from what I've read, those Romans had a hell of a lot more fun while they were building it than us Broncos fans are having.

Tned
09-19-2011, 08:03 AM
So just sit back accept our shit sandwich and try to choke it down? Nah, I don't roll like that.

There is a good way and bad way to send your message.

Don't show up at the stadium, that's the #1, most powerful message.

Post opinions on here (or other forums) and call in to talk radio or send messages to the Broncos Twitter accounts, including the new #Elwaylive tag or whatever it is (they have their ear to the ground and get the message.).

Send letters/emails to the organization.

Those are all great ways to get your opinion to the team's FO.

Booing and chanting a backup QB's name is not the right way, IMO.

BroncoStud
09-19-2011, 08:08 AM
just to make sure i understand: Team owners and politicians come to the citizens and fans begging them to vote for bonds/taxes, whatever to fund new stadiums and all that comes with that. The team wants us to buy team merchandise from them to show our support, they want us to pay whatever $$$ for tickets, beer and food in the stadium. Basically, the pro teams owe their entire existence to the fans, otherwise they would all still just be a bunch of guys getting together to practice at the end of their regular work day. And after all of this, when the teams to fans have so much invested in, not just emotionally but financially, the team sucks, we are just supposed to shut the hell up? Sounds like a politician, beg, beg, begging for our votes, but once they get into power they really don't give a rip about the people that sent them there.

this ^