PDA

View Full Version : pro football focus look at raiders game

titan
09-15-2011, 12:35 AM
See

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/09/15/re-focused-raiders-broncos-week-1/

excerpt:

Anything but a Rookie

We maybe expected more dynamic plays from Von Miller (+4.9), but instead what we got was an extremely professional NFL debut where he looked like anything but a rookie. He wasn’t used to rush the passer quite as much as expected, (nine plays) but did generate a pressure where he just breezed by Jared Veldheer with an explosive first step. Throw in a forced fumble and some excellent work against any lineman that got the next level and you get the impression that you could be watching someone who could prove special in the NFL.

Dzone
09-15-2011, 01:18 AM
Great read. Thanks for posting this.
This really breaks it down just how awful that o line was. Thats the biggest problem right now. People have acted like Kuper is some kind of pro bowl level guy. Not only did he get beat at the line, he had two penalties in a row, I think for holding.
The worst part is Clady getting beat for a sack even with help from Julius Thomas. Of course I dont know how much of a help Julius Thomas is in the blocking department. But Clady just isnt his old self. Maybe he will become dominant once again, but he has regressed.

SoCalImport
09-15-2011, 07:16 AM
Kuper is an average player. He was trying to block Seymor one on one on a number of occasions and that's just not going to work out well for us.
Seriously. Seymor is a possible HOF guy an is just as good now as he was when winning SBs with the Pats.

on topic: I really liked what I saw from Von and am glad I'm not alone in that. He handled his responsibilities well and will get his sacks this season.

Jsteve01
09-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Miller is going to be special. Combine his unbelievable athletic ability with his work ethic and instincts and the only thing that can stop him would be injury

BroncoNut
09-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Miller is going to be special. Combine his unbelievable athletic ability with his work ethic and instincts and the only thing that can stop him would be injury

I think so too