PDA

View Full Version : Power rankings are a joke.

LoyalSoldier
12-09-2008, 06:01 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80d2e410&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Just look at some of those. Jets above the Panthers? Cardinals above the Bucs and Ravens?

Orange Habit
12-09-2008, 06:18 PM
What did an old legend once say? Shmankings?

BroncoBJ
12-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Dallas at #4 :lol: :lol:

OldschoolFreak
12-09-2008, 06:33 PM
And everyone dropped the Broncs or kept us unchanged for not beating the Chiefs by enough points. Ridiculous! Does this really matter though anyway? Depends...This could be good news or bad.

Good news if the kids are able to play well and fly under the radar to potentially shock some people.

Bad news if they start believing they're really only the 19th best team in the league (Fox or CBS, can't remember which).

DenBronx
12-09-2008, 07:18 PM
doesnt matter. we play better when were under the radar and on the road.

gobroncsnv
12-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Well, the Experts picked NE to win the SB last year, too. Rankings are for bar bets and selling newspapers. Meaningless otherwise.

THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES!!!!

LoyalSoldier
12-09-2008, 07:37 PM
doesnt matter. we play better when were under the radar and on the road.
I am not just referring to our standings, but the standings around the league.

Like how does Tampa drop 5 spots for losing to the Panthers at Carolina and yet the Jets remain the same after losing to the 49ers. Talk about inconsistency.

DenBronx
12-09-2008, 09:06 PM
I am not just referring to our standings, but the standings around the league.

Like how does Tampa drop 5 spots for losing to the Panthers at Carolina and yet the Jets remain the same after losing to the 49ers. Talk about inconsistency.

i know but this guys power rankings are usually a joke every week, not just this week. how he has dallas at 4 above carolina is beyond me.

hamrob
12-09-2008, 10:50 PM
The Denver Broncos will be a top 8 team before it's all over. These rankings are idiotic.

The Broncos will end up the 3rd or 4th seed in the AFC. That means we will get a home game the first week of the playoffs. Our guys will be amped up for that game. This team is all about Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Tony Scheffler, our offensive line and a young team all in all!

They will win the Wild Card round in Denver regardless of whether it's the Colts or whoever...the fans will go nuts!

There will be 8 teams who enter the 2nd round...4 who had byes...and 4 who won games...we will be one of those teams.

At that point...our young guns will have an oppurtunity to win two road games and go to the Superbowl. It probably won't happen this year...but they'll smell it...they'll know what it's like....they'll have the experience...and who knows...anything is possible...any given Sunday or Saturday!

Shazam!
12-09-2008, 11:33 PM
We all know this stuff isn't for real but is it a surprise especially this year?

This was SD's year for the Super Bowl, remember??

One week Denver gets shellacked by the lowly Rayduhs, the next week they kick the ?!@# out of a NY Bretts team that just won in unbeaten Tennessee and they were destined to be the AFC Champions. Not to mention they are ravaged by injuries, have a young QB and their defense is considered unreliable and below average at best.

I don't care what they say. Let's watch our Boys make them eat their words in January.