PDA

View Full Version : Adjustments after week 1...

HORSEPOWER 56
09-13-2011, 03:59 PM
So, now that all of us armchair GMs, Coaches, and QBs have had our share of venting after last night's debacle, what would you do to fix it? Be realistic and have some fun with it. Obviously bringing Elway or Terrell Davis out of retirement isn't an option. With what we currently have, what's the fix?

gnomeflinger
09-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Make sure the ball stays dry.

dogfish
09-13-2011, 04:03 PM
fire xanders and bring in a real personnel guy. . . it's the only thing, literally the ONLY thing, that's going to do any good. . . .

:welcome:

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Bench Orton, pray that another team's QB goes down for the year and trade him.

Sustain longer drives on offense to help protect the D. We lost the Time of possession battle by like 6 minutes and it would have been worse had OAK not given us so many free penalties.

The D just needs to do a better job of tackling.

Need to see more effort all around..I think the lackluster effort all around is a direct reflection of this teams starting QB Team Captain's depressing attitude.

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Hire a real OC who can make calls, like screen passes against the blitz.

slim
09-13-2011, 04:07 PM
The main problem is a lack of talent on the OL and DL.

There is no way to fix that now....should have been fixed in the offseason.

BigDaddyBronco
09-13-2011, 04:08 PM
fire xanders and bring in a real personnel guy. . . it's the only thing, literally the ONLY thing, that's going to do any good. . . .

Wait, a real GM, who doesn't give a shit about immediate impact and a coaches future and concentrates on a long term rebuild.

I'm still convinced that Xanders is just a yes man.

Buff
09-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Our problems are personnel related.

There aren't enough adjustments in the world to make JD Walton a good run blocker, or Kevin Vickerson a run stopper, or Kyle Orton a clutch 3rd down performer, or Knowshon Moreno a back with speed and vision, or Jason Hunter good at anything.

We suck. It's going to be a long season. /thread

SOCALORADO.
09-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Bench Orton, pray that another team's QB goes down for the year and trade him.

Sustain longer drives on offense to help protect the D.

The D just needs to do a better job of tackling.

Need to see more effort all around..I think the lackluster effort all around is a direct reflection of this teams starting QB Team Captain's depressing attitude.

Dude! Theres no way the FO starts Brady Quinn after just 1 game! Cmon!

MileHighCrew
09-13-2011, 04:10 PM
it is going to take time. I was impressed with Von, champ, dawk and the pass D. Run stop needs to be a focus. Get the ball in Decker's hands more, the offense needs a lot of work and grow as a team. The thought of watching Orton just makes me crazy but it was great to see the Broncos again over all

SOCALORADO.
09-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Our problems are personnel related.

There aren't enough adjustments in the world to make JD Walton a good run blocker, or Kevin Vickerson a run stopper, or Kyle Orton a clutch 3rd down performer, or Knowshon Moreno a back with speed and vision, or Jason Hunter good at anything.

We suck. It's going to be a long season. /thread

Exactly! Just enjoy football. Watch other games, root for specific players etc,etc.

Nomad
09-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Only thing you could try is rotate QBs but other than that slim and Buff are right! Don't know what you could adjust.....can Miller play the middle of the defense?

A thing the team can do is show up with some heart and defend their home turf.

dogfish
09-13-2011, 04:14 PM
A thing the team can do is show up with some heart and defend their home turf.

being professionals and not taking twenty penalties wouldn't hurt the cause either. . . . :laugh:

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Dude! Theres no way the FO starts Brady Quinn after just 1 game! Cmon!

I agree...Quinn won't ever start for this team.

hotcarl
09-13-2011, 04:31 PM
release everybody, burn the stadium down, have bowlen go door to door and apologize for a hundred years of rape, tyranny, and murder. do that and he shall live, do it not, and every one of you will die here today.

Softskull
09-13-2011, 04:33 PM

What could happen this week is pick up some veterans to play for the cheap. We need DLine guys...desperately. There isn't anyone out there that will completely fix what ails us, but there are upgrades available. There are guys like Landri looking for a gig. Make him a reasonable offer.

I would bench Orton. He's mediocre and we've seen the best he has to offer. He just doesn't have the heart to lead this (any) team. I don't see it in Quinn either. Tebow scares me, but the kid has and upside. We've seen Orton's upside.

I'd try and grab a right tackle. I like Franklin, but he's in over his head at the moment. I'd consider grabbing Floz Adams as a temp while Franklin figures out how to block.

I would make Deckers the number 2 receiver and Royal the slot. I'd do that today.

slim
09-13-2011, 04:37 PM
release everybody, burn the stadium down, have bowlen go door to door and apologize for a hundred years of rape, tyranny, and murder. do that and he shall live, do it not, and every one of you will die here today.

Bowlen kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume us with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

dunk7
09-13-2011, 04:46 PM
What could happen this week is pick up some veterans to play for the cheap. We need DLine guys...desperately. There isn't anyone out there that will completely fix what ails us, but there are upgrades available. There are guys like Landri looking for a gig. Make him a reasonable offer.

I would bench Orton. He's mediocre and we've seen the best he has to offer. He just doesn't have the heart to lead this (any) team. I don't see it in Quinn either. Tebow scares me, but the kid has and upside. We've seen Orton's upside.

I'd try and grab a right tackle. I like Franklin, but he's in over his head at the moment. I'd consider grabbing Floz Adams as a temp while Franklin figures out how to block.

I would make Deckers the number 2 receiver and Royal the slot. I'd do that today.

Couldn't agree more (except its Decker and not Deckers)...Cue the Wiserhood clap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7ucj-FAWPc&feature=related

HORSEPOWER 56
09-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Okay, if I'm the guy calling the shots, this is what I'm gonna do:

Offense

- Start Tebow and bench Orton. I need to know if Tebow can lead an offense and we don't appear to be any better than we were last year with Orton at the helm.

- I switch Franklin and Beadles at least as an experiment. Beadles is better vs speed rushers and Franklin is better in a phone booth drive blocking. It should help us run between the tackles.

- Start using Fells to help out in pass blocking on passing downs. Franklin is struggling and so is the interior O-line, particularly against the blitz. Instead of lining him up on the LOS as a TE, put his big ass in the backfield like a FB and have him there to help out if someone gets through or there's a blitz. If the O-line is okay in protection, he can run a delay to the flat as a check down. If you want a TE running routes, put Julius Thomas out there.

- Sign the best available FB on the market or activate Alexander from the PS. Any of them are probably better lead blockers than Larson. For an offense struggling to establish the run, a good FB can make a difference.

- Get Decker and Royal more involved. Short passing - screens and slants will help move the LBs and Safeties toward the perimeter and loosen up the area between the tackles which should help the run game. Throw on 1st down to help get the SS out of the box.

- With Tebow now starting, the bootleg and rolling the pocket are now viable options. Use them if the pass rush gets heavy. Go no-huddle to keep the defense from substituting and keep their D-line gassed.

- Use some pre-snap motion to get better reads on the defense and allow the WRs a better chance at a free release.

Defense

- Sell out vs the run. Load the box and blitz the gaps if you have to. Put Champ and Goody in man-coverage with Moore playing deep center field. Do like the Raiders did to us and force them to throw to win. Use a "mush rush" on occasion so the other team doesn't know who is coming and who isn't.

- Use more line stunts and zone blitzes. Bring more middle pressure instead of just speed rushes off the edge.

- Find a free agent DT or two that don't suck?

That's all I've really got for now.

Cugel
09-13-2011, 04:59 PM
The main problem is a lack of talent on the OL and DL.

There is no way to fix that now....should have been fixed in the offseason.

That's unfortunately true. I just commented on another thread a comment I heard from Victor Rodgers (former Buff and Detroit OL):

"It doesn't matter what you have at the skill positions. If you're not getting it done on the offensive and defensive line; if guys aren't winning those battles one on one, then teams are going to find a way to exploit that every single week."

Now Beadles, Walton and Franklin are young guys. But, they were simply getting pushed into the backfield.

That wasn't some kind of alignment problem. That was a basic problem with their OL getting beaten up at the point of attack by bigger and better DL.

One point that Rodgers made is that Denver's OL might not be best suited to a scheme that calls for them to win one-on-one matchups against DL.

He pointed out that under Mike Shanahan the OL could take their DL and let him move to one side or the other and then block him and let the RB choose his lane. That was the Zone-blocking system that Shanahan ran successfully for so many years and which McDaniels immediately scrapped.

Denver might be well advised to go back to that kind of blocking scheme since their OL don't seem able to just power block the bigger and stronger DL and move them out of the way one on one.

This is just another in an endless series of problems created by coaches coming in and choosing "their scheme" without having the players they need to execute that scheme. In this case, having big, strong and experienced OL who can power-block guys like Tommy Kelly and move him out of the way.

Denver doesn't have those kind of linemen and aren't going to get them anytime soon. It will take 3 or 4 years through the draft.

But, what do they do in the meantime?

silkamilkamonico
09-13-2011, 05:21 PM
A franchise QB like Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers, Cutler, etc...would solve all those oline/dline issues.

slim
09-13-2011, 05:22 PM
But, what do they do in the meantime?

Now is our chance. Now.

If we join, we can win. If we win, well then we'll have what none of us has ever had before: a team of our own.

dogfish
09-13-2011, 05:25 PM
A franchise QB like Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers, Cutler, etc...would solve all those oline/dline issues.

:rolleyes:

i sincerely hope this was posted as a joke. . .

dogfish
09-13-2011, 05:26 PM
slim's batting clean-up today. . . .

Nomad
09-13-2011, 05:29 PM
slim's batting clean-up today. . . .

slim's pretty good at it!

dogfish
09-13-2011, 05:31 PM
slim's pretty good at it!

yep. . . typical fatty, hits more for power than for average. . .

Nomad
09-13-2011, 05:33 PM
yep. . . typical fatty, hits more for power than for average. . .

I say he's a very healthy young man who knows when to go in for the kill shot.

BORDERLINE
09-13-2011, 05:50 PM
We just don't have the talent to be a playoff team.

yesterday was a good shot at a win that the raiders where handing out to us. But we said no thanks and gave them back the game.

play after play McFadden speed was too much for our D.

We just don't have enough talent therefor we will suck.

jhildebrand
09-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Offense:

Bench Orton for Tebow.

Continue the two TE sets but go back to ZBS and commit to the run.

Swap Beadles and Franklin.

Find a real FB.

Shop Orton to Indy for anything of value-even an Ikea gift card.

Defense:

Move Larsen back to LB. He showed some beast mode there against ATL a few years ago. Move him there. Keep him there.

Swallow your pride, call back Perrish and move Goodman until he can grow some damn arms.

Play calling:

Call some boots. Call some well timed draw and screens to slow the D.

underrated29
09-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Hire a real OC who can make calls, like screen passes against the blitz.

THIS!!!!

For the last 3 years I have been saying this! Sadly, I did not like lil bates all that much before him either. Mccoy Sucks.

And yes, I would give tebow a shot after week 5 or the bye, whichever comes first.

rationalfan
09-13-2011, 06:24 PM

right. because the lack of execution and a credible offensive game plan had nothing to do with it.

please, some people act like the draft and player acquisitions are the only parts of team building that matter. this isn't madden or fantasy football. you could have 53 all pros on your team's roster and without a coaching staff that prepares the team well the team won't win.

i've written this before: i think the team needs a strong, passionate leader on offense. dawkins fills the role on D. but there isn't a guy like elway, sharpe or plummer that can unify the unit and get them to fight for each other.

jhildebrand
09-13-2011, 06:26 PM
right. because the lack of execution and a credible offensive game plan had nothing to do with it.

please, some people act like the draft and player acquisitions are the only parts of team building that matter. this isn't madden or fantasy football. you could have 53 all pros on your team's roster and without a coaching staff that prepares the team well the team won't win.

i've written this before: i think the team needs a strong, passionate leader on offense. dawkins fills the role on D. but there isn't a guy like elway, sharpe or plummer that can unify the unit and get them to fight for each other.

They have one. His name is Tim Tebow and he is on the sidelines.

As for Xanders, he should have been fired the moment it became public that he and McD had a draft board of only 100 players going into their 1st draft.

Lancane
09-13-2011, 06:28 PM
So, now that all of us armchair GMs, Coaches, and QBs have had our share of venting after last night's debacle, what would you do to fix it? Be realistic and have some fun with it. Obviously bringing Elway or Terrell Davis out of retirement isn't an option. With what we currently have, what's the fix?

Seriously, the first thing I would do is contact Bill Polian in Indianapolis and tell them that Orton is still seeking a trade, that we've decided to part ways with him because it's effecting the team and that we're willing to take less for him, like a fourth round pick. Polian would probably jump on the offer, not only have we already paid the largest portion of Orton's contract but it allows the Colts to save face, looking like they actually want to win.

Secondly, I would cut Lance Ball and sign a capable veteran tailback, like Clinton Portis, Tiki Barber or even re-sign Correll Buckhalter and utilize more rotation at the halfback position. Fells isn't a bad fullback/tight end, so I would see what he's capable of before fixing that problem.

Then I would move Decker to the second wide receiver spot, while returning Royal to his more natural slot position. Place Demaryius Thomas on PUP and bring up Riley from the practice squad.

Sign Flozell Adams to start at right tackle, he's played in an Erhardt variant offense last year in Pittsburgh starting all sixteen games, he will not be great in the zone blocking scheme but he is a capable tackle for a season maybe two. The thing is that I didn't see much of the zone or if that was the zone it was a rather the shittiest version I've ever seen, so I suspect we're still using a lot of the power blocking on the line, and Adams is more then capable. I would kick Kuper to left guard, he's played at the position before and is a solid veteran, I would then move Franklin to right guard for at least the season unless he really stands out then maybe consider him a full-time option. Not much we can do about the center at this time, I would see if Beadles is willing to play center and if he is capable then we could cut Ramirez from the roster as well as Hochstein.

Next I would move Ayers inside, he has the frame to get bigger and he plays more like a defensive tackle then a defensive end, move him inside at the 5T position next to the NT, Hunter has already proven to be more capable. Bring up Jeremy Beal to backup Hunter. It's not a complete answer for our defensive line woes, but it's far better then having no one in rotation and at least Ayers quickness could aid the interior were as it hinders him on the outside. With Hochstein and Ramirez gone, we could also add another defensive lineman from free agency, with Dumervil hurting another defensive end would be a safe addition.

I would move Mohamed to starting Will until Williams returns, and I would cut Woodyard. I know Woodyard is a popular figure, he's the underdog type player people love - but he lacks the body strength to be a dominant linebacker whereas Mohamed has that and more, but I would rotate Dawkins up from safety on passing downs he's got that speed to come in from a linebacker position and get to the quarterback, though he would remain the starting strong safety on most plays. I would also bring McCarthy up from the practice squad for depth purposes.

I know some people won't agree, but that is what I would do...;)

Cugel
09-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Well, Lancane if you get rid of Orton you lose the veterans on this team totally. You think Champ Bailey and Dawkins wouldn't immediately want out of town?

You're giving up on the season after week 1 and telling the veterans that you're starting a guy who hasn't earned it in place of a veteran who has.

True, Orton has been mediocre at best and bad at worst, but he's constantly dealing with a garbage offensive line that was getting shoved back into his face on every play.

There's simply NO WAY that Fox could or would ever do any of the things you suggest.

Frankly, I think EFX has concluded that it's going to be a 3 year rebuilding job and they're not going to panic and go out and make a bunch of premature personnel changes at this point.

They're going to go with Orton until the bye week. Then if Denver is 1-4 or something they might start Tebow. If the Broncos are 2-3 or better then Tebow stays on the bench.

What fans don't realize is that this year is an audition for Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn, NOT Tim Tebow. Tebow's under contract for the next 3 years. Orton & Quinn are FAs at seasons' end. So Fox has to evaluate what he has in Orton and not jump to any rash conclusions.

Plus, Orton is Fox's kind of QB and Tebow flat isn't. Fox wants Jake Delhomme 2.0, not a guy who excels in the spread offense and in "making something happen."

Fox hates plays that don't go according to the script. He's a conservative coach who likes to do things HIS way -- the same way he did things in Carolina for the last 10 years.

He's an old dog who's been around the NFL for a long time and isn't going to learn any new tricks. :coffee:

Lancane
09-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Well, Lancane if you get rid of Orton you lose the veterans on this team totally. You think Champ Bailey and Dawkins wouldn't immediately want out of town?

You're giving up on the season after week 1 and telling the veterans that you're starting a guy who hasn't earned it in place of a veteran who has.

True, Orton has been mediocre at best and bad at worst, but he's constantly dealing with a garbage offensive line that was getting shoved back into his face on every play.

There's simply NO WAY that Fox could or would ever do any of the things you suggest.

Frankly, I think EFX has concluded that it's going to be a 3 year rebuilding job and they're not going to panic and go out and make a bunch of premature personnel changes at this point.

They're going to go with Orton until the bye week. Then if Denver is 1-4 or something they might start Tebow. If the Broncos are 2-3 or better then Tebow stays on the bench.

What fans don't realize is that this year is an audition for Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn, NOT Tim Tebow. Tebow's under contract for the next 3 years. Orton & Quinn are FAs at seasons' end. So Fox has to evaluate what he has in Orton and not jump to any rash conclusions.

Plus, Orton is Fox's kind of QB and Tebow flat isn't. Fox wants Jake Delhomme 2.0, not a guy who excels in the spread offense and in "making something happen."

Fox hates plays that don't go according to the script. He's a conservative coach who likes to do things HIS way -- the same way he did things in Carolina for the last 10 years.

He's an old dog who's been around the NFL for a long time and isn't going to learn any new tricks. :coffee:

I said it's what I would do Cuge, not what EFX is going to do! :lol:

But I concur that it could effect the locker room, though I really don't give a shit...I really don't, with how bad this team is, each player should S-T-F-U and worry about their own play not which direction the franchise feels is needed in order to win, because obviously having it their way is not the answer. Bailey just got a decent extended contract, I don't see Bailey getting all bitchy, maybe Lloyd, that's only because Orton is his bitch and seems to have only eyes for him, we don't need a 'me-me' type player and if that's what he is, well then tough shit, a receiver who's had one good season in a nine year career should be happy to have an F'n job! Just ask Ashley Lelie!
:laugh:

The escalator on Tebow or Quinns contracts does bother me, but that doesn't mean that mediocrity is the best answer, they can sign Delhomme for the season for all I care, but they need to be careful - losing a few veterans is one thing, losing the majority of the fan base is a whole other. You already know I agree on the Fox's weaknesses as a head coach, the man still plays like it's the 80's or 90's.

chazoe60
09-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Why should we give two shits about what a locker room who's won 12 out of the last 33 games thinks?

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Fans pay the bills, not a bunch of veterans who have lost 2/3 of their games in the past 2 years.

Champ has already shown support of Tebow. Dawkins will rally around whoever is starting. Lloyd has a groin injury so his contract season is already in jeopardy and I can only imagine how horrible Orton is going to be without Lloyd in the lineup...

I don't think these veterans have earned the right to be selective about player personnel. They need to shut up and earn their over-inflated contract money. This roster needs to be gutted from top to bottom only keeping maybe 10-15 of the current players, and half of those are younger players.

I seriously doubt Champ will have a problem with Tebow taking over, Champ is smart enough to see what Orton brings to the table and how few games it has won his team.

claymore
09-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Why should we give two shits about what a locker room who's won 12 out of the last 33 games thinks?

I definitley see your point but things can definitley get worse. If the players lose Fox's trust now, then his tenure thus far has been a waste of time.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 06:57 PM
I definitley see your point but things can definitley get worse. If the players lose Fox's trust now, then his tenure thus far has been a waste of time.

Good, let's bring in a real coach then, maybe one who understands football circa 2011.

claymore
09-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Good, let's bring in a real coach then, maybe one who understands football circa 2011.

Unlike McDaniels I like what this regime is doing. You guys are turning on the organization over a 3rd string QB.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-13-2011, 07:09 PM

How would he possibly lose their "trust"? McDaniels gutted the team of all of its playmakers, yet the players sucked his wang and kissed his ass to the media until the day he left. He traded away a probowl QB, a probowl WR, a great receiving TE, and a great FB/HB just so he could stock the roster with his cronies.

All the players would shut the hell up and fall in line or they'd risk losing their job. Lloyd, the only guy who's said anything publicly at all about the QB situation, already said he was "prepared" for Tebow because everyone thought the writing was on the wall.

Everyone who thinks going a different direction at the QB position would cause some kind of fallout in the locker room is kidding themselves. As they all like to say, they are professionals and it's a business. It's not like the coaching staff is telling them to go out and throw games. Nobody really knows what Tebow or even Quinn would bring to the table. Call me crazy, but I'd be willing to bet that most vets would prefer to follow a guy who has a chance of not "leading" them to a 4-12 season.

chazoe60
09-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Unlike McDaniels I like what this regime is doing. You guys are turning on the organization over a 3rd string QB.

Don't lump me with the Tebow crowd Clay, I'd be fine with Quinn getting the nod. I just can't stand watching the team spin it's wheels with an absolute horrible QB like Orton who has essentially been handed the keys for 3 straight season because of how he looks in practice.

Lancane
09-13-2011, 07:12 PM

But according to the players they love Fox, so why would they turn on him if they believe and trust him? The only veteran I really see as having issues is Lloyd...but then again I have to ask the fans Clay, wasn't there a bitch fest when Bowlen said Cutler had more say in things and they griped about players' dictating the game?

Let's not forget to mention that they've had it their way for almost two seasons and how has that turned out?

There comes a time when a coach has to make a decision that some dislike, others like or that he can be criticized for from all directions, but they still have to make it - not making it means that he's not a good coach, he's too worried about making the wrong choice so goes with the safe only to lose more then he's gained!

;)

HORSEPOWER 56
09-13-2011, 07:19 PM

I like what they're doing for the most part, too. But Orton sucks and it's obvious he's not the guy they think he is or hope he will be. Fox might feel "safer" with him, but I'd bet Elway was burning up last night in the booth watching Orton play. I can almost guarantee you he daydreamed about Andrew Luck at least once during the game last night. Elway knows what a real QB looks like and he would never mistake Orton for one.

Why do you think he's never come out and publicly praised him? I mean really praised/defended him. Because he knows he's not the future. He knows Orton is gone after the season.

Lancane
09-13-2011, 07:20 PM

Uh...no, come on brother, you know I am all for drafting a quarterback in the next draft.

But Orton is killing the fan base, he's losing the respect of what makes the Broncos a solid franchise, the fans. I would much rather watch a bumbling idiot who will try and make shit happen then a dull dim-wit who couldn't make shit happen whatsoever, it doesn't matter to me if we go 3-13 with Quinn or Tebow or go 5-11 with Orton, fact is that the fan base will still be here, something that the Broncos could lose keeping Orton in as the starter, he lost the fan base a long time ago, and EFX should have realized that fact, but if they don't pull their heads out there asses, it may be EFX who are seeing the fans' ire not just Orton.

;)

tomjonesrocks
09-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Keep those losses coming.

With each one, Luck becomes closer to being a Bronco. :elefant:

sneakers
09-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Don't **** up anymore?

claymore
09-13-2011, 08:33 PM
How would he possibly lose their "trust"? McDaniels gutted the team of all of its playmakers, yet the players sucked his wang and kissed his ass to the media until the day he left. He traded away a probowl QB, a probowl WR, a great receiving TE, and a great FB/HB just so he could stock the roster with his cronies.

All the players would shut the hell up and fall in line or they'd risk losing their job. Lloyd, the only guy who's said anything publicly at all about the QB situation, already said he was "prepared" for Tebow because everyone thought the writing was on the wall.

Everyone who thinks going a different direction at the QB position would cause some kind of fallout in the locker room is kidding themselves. As they all like to say, they are professionals and it's a business. It's not like the coaching staff is telling them to go out and throw games. Nobody really knows what Tebow or even Quinn would bring to the table. Call me crazy, but I'd be willing to bet that most vets would prefer to follow a guy who has a chance of not "leading" them to a 4-12 season.

But according to the players they love Fox, so why would they turn on him if they believe and trust him? The only veteran I really see as having issues is Lloyd...but then again I have to ask the fans Clay, wasn't there a bitch fest when Bowlen said Cutler had more say in things and they griped about players' dictating the game?

Let's not forget to mention that they've had it their way for almost two seasons and how has that turned out?

There comes a time when a coach has to make a decision that some dislike, others like or that he can be criticized for from all directions, but they still have to make it - not making it means that he's not a good coach, he's too worried about making the wrong choice so goes with the safe only to lose more then he's gained!

;)

I like what they're doing for the most part, too. But Orton sucks and it's obvious he's not the guy they think he is or hope he will be. Fox might feel "safer" with him, but I'd bet Elway was burning up last night in the booth watching Orton play. I can almost guarantee you he daydreamed about Andrew Luck at least once during the game last night. Elway knows what a real QB looks like and he would never mistake Orton for one.

Why do you think he's never come out and publicly praised him? I mean really praised/defended him. Because he knows he's not the future. He knows Orton is gone after the season.

Orton sucks dick. I could care less about Orton. It just sends a bad message to bench the best player for a player that no one but the fans want.

No one praises Orton, Tebow, or Quin. They all suck.

We have roughly 22 starters. 15 of those starters suck. But their backups are even worse.

I have no desire to see the backups play. I just want the shitty starters to be replaced, and maybe have them move to the backup role.

*** If this sounds like I am a dick, i dont mean to come across that way. Im terrible at articulating my thoughts. :D

Dzone
09-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Adjustments? I dont think there are any adjustments that will help this shipwreck

hotcarl
09-13-2011, 09:33 PM
Orton sucks dick. I could care less about Orton. It just sends a bad message to bench the best player for a player that no one but the fans want.

No one praises Orton, Tebow, or Quin. They all suck.

We have roughly 22 starters. 15 of those starters suck. But their backups are even worse.

I have no desire to see the backups play. I just want the shitty starters to be replaced, and maybe have them move to the backup role.

*** If this sounds like I am a dick, i dont mean to come across that way. Im terrible at articulating my thoughts. :D

I want to see one of our shitty backups play so everyone will shut the **** up and we can go back to posting about firing our coaches :shocked:

sneakers
09-13-2011, 09:35 PM
You guys are homos if you think we are going to lose more than the seabags.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Adjustments? I dont think there are any adjustments that will help this shipwreck

So, 0-16 it is? Resign ourselves now to never winning another game? There is nothing we can do to make this team any better with our current roster or street FAs? Darn, and I was really hoping to watch Broncos football, but since we should just forfeit every game, why bother?

:coffee:

BroncoJoe
09-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Call in sick next week.

Nomad
09-13-2011, 11:33 PM
So, 0-16 it is? Resign ourselves now to never winning another game? There is nothing we can do to make this team any better with our current roster or street FAs? Darn, and I was really hoping to watch Broncos football, but since we should just forfeit every game, why bother?

No different than people hi fiving the 'suck for Luck' crowd then saying Tebow sucks too bad to perform......talk about talking out of both sides of the mouth.

hotcarl
09-13-2011, 11:37 PM
Dzone got pushed into the pool at the big pool party and he cried because everyone could see his puffy nipples through his wet oversized t shirt. he said his eyes were just red from the chlorine but he was crying

cuzz4169
09-13-2011, 11:42 PM
Sign Igor Olshansky today!! He's big, he's nasty, he's tough, he's mean that's exactly what we need!!! Not Jane McBean!!

Nomad
09-13-2011, 11:51 PM
Sign Igor Olshansky today!! He's big, he's nasty, he's tough, he's mean that's exactly what we need!!! Not Jane McBean!!

He hated the BRONCOS!

Why isn't he with a team?

Dzone
09-14-2011, 12:15 AM

LOL...well, I was kinda kidding, but man, how did we only lose by 3 points?
That just seemed like the most inept, spiritless team I have seen at Mile High in a long time.
I hope we can get on track and win some games...It feels crappy after this loss and maybe people are trying to ameliorate their pain by lashing out and calling the team dreadfully bad beyond belief. There were some bright spots, but with dreadful O line play and dreadful quarterback play, your chances of going anywhere in this league are nil.
I dont mean to offend anyone. I love the Broncos and what I saw last night was really sad. Seeing the o line get manhandled like that was pretty bad.
Now we have to deal with a list of players who all had MRIs. Morenos hamstring is back...
Go Broncos!

BroncoStud
09-14-2011, 01:01 AM
He hated the BRONCOS!

Why isn't he with a team?

Because Igor sucks.

claymore
09-14-2011, 06:38 AM
LOL...well, I was kinda kidding, but man, how did we only lose by 3 points?
That just seemed like the most inept, spiritless team I have seen at Mile High in a long time.
I hope we can get on track and win some games...It feels crappy after this loss and maybe people are trying to ameliorate their pain by lashing out and calling the team dreadfully bad beyond belief. There were some bright spots, but with dreadful O line play and dreadful quarterback play, your chances of going anywhere in this league are nil.
I dont mean to offend anyone. I love the Broncos and what I saw last night was really sad. Seeing the o line get manhandled like that was pretty bad.
Now we have to deal with a list of players who all had MRIs. Morenos hamstring is back...
Go Broncos!

I saw the same thing. We arent a team. No one will fight for Orton. To be honest I dont think anyone likes Tebow, and I doubt anyone would fight for Quin.

We have the same issue as last year. No heart. I think with time Von Miller can bring Heart to the defense. But offense, we have nothing. We are still hungover from McDaniels.

MOtorboat
09-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Call in sick next week.

Are we going to Blackhawk?