PDA

View Full Version : This is how I love my football!

GEM
12-09-2008, 11:14 AM
5wAFCwlmD5E

Hard hitting. :rockon: Post some videos if you can find em. :D

GEM
12-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Lxzg1YyoImQ

Thnikkaman
12-09-2008, 12:08 PM
"He was a football player"

xlFioK7nzIA

bengaaaaals1688
12-09-2008, 12:23 PM
What's really sad is that most of the hits in those videos... Would be illegal in the NLF now...:tsk:

haroldthebarrel
12-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Look at the hit our new running back Cory Boyd did in college

9LiSmRgRgDM

LRtagger
12-09-2008, 12:32 PM

Wow that was kind of scary actually...when the dude was laying there, looked like he was having a seizure.

haroldthebarrel
12-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Wow that was kind of scary actually...when the dude was laying there, looked like he was having a seizure.

He had a seizure. Must have gotten a concussion I presume.

I might be a mad person of sorts, but it intrigues me to have a guy who can lay those kind of hits.

bengaaaaals1688
12-09-2008, 12:38 PM
He had a seizure. Must have gotten a concussion I presume.

I might be a mad person of sorts, but it intrigues me to have a guy who can lay those kind of hits.

IMO the guy hurt himself more off the force of his own hit than the RB's hit, and I'm assuming Boyd was the RB. The RB bounced back very quickly, while the Safety just flopped down... It looked like one of those hits where you hit someone so hard you hurt yourself, somewhat similar to when Atwater got hurt in the SB against the Packers, granted he also hurt 33 other people, but hurt himself too.:lol:

LRtagger
12-09-2008, 12:41 PM
*WARNING* This has the Joe Theisman hit!

fNFk8jBo1W8

GEM
12-09-2008, 12:50 PM
*WARNING* This has the Joe Theisman hit!

fNFk8jBo1W8

Love that one. It was up on my MySpace for awhile. It was set to Prodigy's Smack My ...... Up though. :rockon:

Thnikkaman
12-09-2008, 01:34 PM
I think that was the first time I saw the Theisman hit.

:cringe:

LRtagger
12-09-2008, 01:39 PM
At least they didnt continue showing after the pile was removed...His leg is all twisted and the bone is popping out. It makes me queasy to even think about it.

BroncoJoe
12-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Atwater hit on Okoye:

yScioc_dmXg

Northman
12-09-2008, 02:11 PM
At least they didnt continue showing after the pile was removed...His leg is all twisted and the bone is popping out. It makes me queasy to even think about it.

I remember that night. They must of showed the replay like 20 times. :lol:

The "Hit" of alltime by Steve Atwater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yScioc_dmXg

And oh yea, this guy who to some dont deserve the HOF even though his stats prove otherwise did some hitting of his own. Yes people, that is #30 laying the smackdown on a kick return. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlFioK7nzIA

Gimpygod
12-09-2008, 03:17 PM
I think that was the first time I saw the Theisman hit.

:cringe:

True story, that leg break was so bad it caused Joe Theismann to have brain damage...at least his broadcasts suggest as much.

LRtagger
12-09-2008, 04:20 PM
True story, that leg break was so bad it caused Joe Theismann to have brain damage...at least his broadcasts suggest as much.

bauhauhauha

In all seriousness the leg that was broke is and always will be shorter than the other leg.

Gamechanger
12-09-2008, 04:39 PM
how can you have hard hits and not mention this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0YAhpcrCLg

BroncoJoe
12-09-2008, 04:41 PM

No better than Davis' hit.

Northman
12-09-2008, 04:46 PM

If there ever was a helmet to helmet hit that is it. That dude totally lead with his helmet. Never the less, brutal.

OrangeHoof
12-09-2008, 06:27 PM
I was thinking how much I love December football in the cold and the bad elements. I don't care who's playing if there is a bunch of snow falling or rain and mud, I'll watch. If guys are running off the field just because they are desperate for a hot bench, I'll watch. If the receiver has to think seriously whether to keep his nuts warm or catch the football, I'll watch. I guess that makes me a bit of a sadist.

OrangeHoof
12-09-2008, 06:31 PM

Shanny must have liked the one-cut-and-go running, too. Boyd pulled that back against the flow which was where the hole was.

CrazyHorse
12-11-2008, 05:08 PM
bauhauhauha

In all seriousness the leg that was broke is and always will be shorter than the other leg.

There are leg lengthening procedures for that.

I don't really understand the point of big hits. Sure you might knock someone out but it doesn't always bring the ball carrier down. Reliable tackling, although not flashy, is much more important. It actually becomes a problem when defenders go for big hits and the runner gets a bunch of extra yards because of it. The best example is Champ Bailey. He does doesn't always hit hard but always gets his man.

Hobe
12-11-2008, 06:53 PM
If you don't have Eddie Mac's hit, it just IN-COM-PLETE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHqie0q7I5Y

blueblood15
12-11-2008, 07:14 PM
atwater hit on okoye:

yscioc_dmxg

the end when everybody says "ooooo" gives me goosebumps

weazel
12-11-2008, 10:56 PM
wierd, I cant see anything but white squares in your post gem.

BTW, you look nice in that picture gem!

Tned
12-12-2008, 12:25 AM
Atwater hit on Okoye:

yScioc_dmXg

I was just scanning through this thread to see if anyone posted this video, or I was going to try and find it.

I remember watching that game, and the announcers going on about how
Atwater was just about the first person to ever make the Nigerian nightmare go backwards. From what I remember, Atwater paid dearly, with broken or bruised ribs, but it was a heck of a hit.

He was a great safety for denver.

bengaaaaals1688
12-12-2008, 03:01 PM
There are leg lengthening procedures for that.

I don't really understand the point of big hits. Sure you might knock someone out but it doesn't always bring the ball carrier down. Reliable tackling, although not flashy, is much more important. It actually becomes a problem when defenders go for big hits and the runner gets a bunch of extra yards because of it. The best example is Champ Bailey. He does doesn't always hit hard but always gets his man.

Big hits are fun to watch, although they are now outlawed for any purposes other than making the NFL money. There is a reason why only a select few players get away with "big hits" on a consistent basis, and that's because they know when and how to use them. You can still find big hits on form tackles, too... Just look at the hit by Sheldon Brown on Reggie Bush in the playoff game a couple years back, he had his arms around him, but didn't complete the wrap because Bush dropped like a sack of bricks.