PDA

View Full Version : Week 14 Power Rankings - Change at the Top

CoachChaz
12-09-2008, 09:12 AM
32. Detroit (0-13) - 13 down, 3 to go

31. Cincinnati (1-11-1) - Where does this team begin to look in the off season?

30. Kansas City (2-11) - Teams with nothing to lose can be dangerous. Look out SD

29. Seattle (2-11) - Gave a valiant effort against the Pats

28. St. Louis (2-11) - Another team with serious off-season questions

27. Oakland (3-10) - You almost have to feel bad for this organization as long as Al still owns them.

26. Cleveland (4-9) - Poor Dorsey was thrown to the wolves

25. Jacksonville (4-9) - Embarrassing that they beat Denver in Denver

24. San Francisco (5-8) - Singletary will have this team in the playoffs next season.

23. Houston (6-7) - On pace for another .500 season?

22. San Diego (5-8) - They still have a chance to get in the playoffs...sadly

21. Green Bay (5-8) - I guess the Aaron Rodgers honeymoon is over

20. Buffalo (6-7) - 2-7 since a great 4-0 start. Reality is harsh

19. New Orleans (7-6) - Just when you want to count them out...they show up

18. Chicago (7-6) - Just cant seem to decide if they want to win or not

17. Washington (7-6) - Almost knocked themselves out of the playoffs

16. Minnesota (8-5) - Tried like hell to give Detroit a W

15. Atlanta (8-5) - Fell apart in a game they needed to win.

14. NY Jets (8-5) - Trick plays and meltdowns have them in a slump.

13. New England (8-5) - Looking worse as the season closes

12. Denver (8-5) - Hung in and won a game they would typically lose. If only the coaches would give as much effort as the players

11. Miami (8-5) - Still cant believe they're this good

10. Tampa Bay (9-4) - Looked like a high school team trying to stop the Carolina run game

9. Dallas (8-5) - Romo and the Cowboys in December. Let the meltdown begin

8. Arizona (8-5) - Will Leinart have a job after this season?

7. Philadelphia (7-5-1) - Can everyone tell me again how HORRIBLE this team is, please.

6. Baltimore (9-4) - Dangerous team peaking for the playoffs

5. Indianapolis (9-4) - Quietly showing they are still the Colts

4. Carolina (10-3) - Running game firing on all cylinders.

3. Tennessee (12-1) - Nice record, but the schedule is still a snooze

2. NY Giants (11-2) - Too many distractions at the wrong time of the year

1. Pittsburgh (10-3) - Scary defense winning games for them again

Dreadnought
12-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Interesting pick for the Top spot. I'm not 100% sold on Pittsburgh, because their offense is damned near feeble, but that D is playing so well it almost doesn't matter.

I also agree that Plaxico may have torpedoed the Giants season. Time will tell, but just the latest installment of "why you don't ever want A-holes on your roster, because they are ticking time bombs."

CoachChaz
12-09-2008, 09:27 AM
NEW RULE...simply for curiosity purposes. When you post a comment here, also list who you would have in the top apot AND where you'd have Denver.

Again...it's just a curiosity thing

Mike
12-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Interesting pick for the Top spot. I'm not 100% sold on Pittsburgh, because their offense is damned near feeble, but that D is playing so well it almost doesn't matter.

I also agree that Plaxico may have torpedoed the Giants season. Time will tell, but just the latest installment of "why you don't ever want A-holes on your roster, because they are ticking time bombs."

It's hard to pick against that Pittsburgh defense. Should make for an interesting AFCC matchup...Ten/Pitt. I gotta give the edge to Pitt right now.

The Giants will be fine, I think. Complacency has to be one of the biggest worry to coaches when your team is hot. They caught the Eagles at the wrong time too...if they make it into the playoffs they are going to ruin somebody's day.

With all these teams coming up out of nowhere fans have to love the way the playoff picture is taking form. Dark horses everywhere.

Dreadnought
12-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Awrighty - I'd have Denver and New England swapped from your list, and Tennessee in the top spot

CoachChaz
12-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Awrighty - I'd have Denver and New England swapped from your list, and Tennessee in the top spot

Why the swap with DEN and NE?

NightTrainLayne
12-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Probably because New England throttled us head to head.

frauschieze
12-09-2008, 09:35 AM
NEW RULE...simply for curiosity purposes. When you post a comment here, also list who you would have in the top apot AND where you'd have Denver.

What? You think that just because you're the head writer now you can make all these changes? Boo and hiss. :eviltongue:

Dreadnought
12-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Why the swap with DEN and NE?

Only because New England has more balance. We have now been forced to be one dimensional, and while I commend the efforts and improvement we've seen on defense I'm still not convinced they are actually any good. We are the third hardest team to judge here.

Cowboys are the most impossible to rank accurately - how do you factor in such an amazing lack of mental toughness, character, and team chemistry, alongside such terrific physical talent? How does third rate coaching and a tendancy to choke weigh in? Ditto for San Diego BTW.

Probably because New England throttled us head to head.

Yeah, that too

CoachChaz
12-09-2008, 09:41 AM
The way I do my rankings is based on momentum. As the Giants proved last year and many other teams have proven in the past...being hot at the right time means alot. So, I'll put Pitt in the top spot because I really think they could play a defense like Tenn and only score 3 points and still win the game.

Si have Denver ahead of NE because I think Denver is the hotter team right now. That could change next week, but at the moment, they have more momentum heading to the playoffs than NE.

Oakland whipped our arses too...I'm not moving them ahead of us

Dreadnought
12-09-2008, 09:44 AM
The way I do my rankings is based on momentum. As the Giants proved last year and many other teams have proven in the past...being hot at the right time means alot. So, I'll put Pitt in the top spot because I really think they could play a defense like Tenn and only score 3 points and still win the game.

Si have Denver ahead of NE because I think Denver is the hotter team right now. That could change next week, but at the moment, they have more momentum heading to the playoffs than NE.

Oakland whipped our arses too...I'm not moving them ahead of us

If Peyton Hillis was healthy I'd agree and put us ahead of NE. As of now? Who the hell knows what we'll be lining up against Carolina

NightTrainLayne
12-09-2008, 09:49 AM
If Peyton Hillis was healthy I'd agree and put us ahead of NE. As of now? Who the hell knows what we'll be lining up against Carolina

After watching that game last night I had night-mares all night about that running tandem against our "D".

TB isn't a terrible defense and they allowed them both to reach 100 yards, with over 7 yards per carry average each. .. .It could be really ugly. I wonder if Slowik gets any sleep at all this week.

MHCBill
12-09-2008, 09:52 AM
32. Detroit (0-13) - 13 down, 3 to go

31. Cincinnati (1-11-1) - Where does this team begin to look in the off season?

30. Kansas City (2-11) - Teams with nothing to lose can be dangerous. Look out SD

29. Seattle (2-11) - Gave a valiant effort against the Pats

28. St. Louis (2-11) - Another team with serious off-season questions

27. Oakland (3-10) - You almost have to feel bad for this organization as long as Al still owns them.

26. Cleveland (4-9) - Poor Dorsey was thrown to the wolves

25. Jacksonville (4-9) - Embarrassing that they beat Denver in Denver

24. San Francisco (5-8) - Singletary will have this team in the playoffs next season.

23. Houston (6-7) - On pace for another .500 season?

22. San Diego (5-8) - They still have a chance to get in the playoffs...sadly

21. Green Bay (5-8) - I guess the Aaron Rodgers honeymoon is over

20. Buffalo (6-7) - 2-7 since a great 4-0 start. Reality is harsh

19. New Orleans (7-6) - Just when you want to count them out...they show up

18. Chicago (7-6) - Just cant seem to decide if they want to win or not

17. Washington (7-6) - Almost knocked themselves out of the playoffs

16. Minnesota (8-5) - Tried like hell to give Detroit a W

15. Atlanta (8-5) - Fell apart in a game they needed to win.

14. NY Jets (8-5) - Trick plays and meltdowns have them in a slump.

13. New England (8-5) - Looking worse as the season closes

12. Denver (8-5) - Hung in and won a game they would typically lose. If only the coaches would give as much effort as the players Huh???

11. Miami (8-5) - Still cant believe they're this good

10. Tampa Bay (9-4) - Looked like a high school team trying to stop the Carolina run game

9. Dallas (8-5) - Romo and the Cowboys in December. Let the meltdown begin

8. Arizona (8-5) - Will Leinart have a job after this season?

7. Philadelphia (7-5-1) - Can everyone tell me again how HORRIBLE this team is, please. They still suck!!!

6. Baltimore (9-4) - Dangerous team peaking for the playoffs

5. Indianapolis (9-4) - Quietly showing they are still the Colts

4. Carolina (10-3) - Running game firing on all cylinders.

3. Tennessee (12-1) - Nice record, but the schedule is still a snooze I'd have them at #1.

2. NY Giants (11-2) - Too many distractions at the wrong time of the year

1. Pittsburgh (10-3) - Scary defense winning games for them againMy thoughts highlighted.

Medford Bronco
12-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Pitt at Baltimore is a good matchup and will tell if Pitt is the best in the AFC

right now I would have Tenn as the top team. NYG as 2nd and Pitt as third.

You are spot on on Denver btw. :salute:

I also would have Philly a bit lower as well due to inconsistent play this season.

frenchfan
12-11-2008, 03:41 AM
Interesting picks Coach...

I think #12 is a good rank for our Broncos... We are sadly not yet a top 10 team. Anyway, as we play better against top teams, I'm comfortable with that spot.
Could you even rank us #32? :laugh:

Tough picks for the 3 first spots...
IMO, I'll go with Giants as #1.
They had a bad game, but IMO, it's the most complete team. They have a very good D, a great running game and they have Eli. Sure, he's not Peyton, nor Tom Brady... But he's very good in the money time.

I like Steelers as #2 because their D scares me most than Titans one (tough I have to admit I didn't see many of their games this year)...

But hell, I can't criticize your picks either. They make sense... And I'm not an expert :D

dogfish
12-11-2008, 03:49 AM

they're one and the same. . . . duh, coach! i thought you had that figured out by now. . . .

horsepig
12-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Nice job as usual Coach. I still gotta hang with the G-Men at #1, though. They do seem to have the whole package and have proven it throughout a tough schedule. You prolly got the Donks about right but, this is definitely an up and coming team that's only going to get better.

Poet
12-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Pittsburgh would be my top spot. Their offense is streaky, but Big Ben is better than what he has been playing.

I would have Denver seventh.

Lonestar
12-11-2008, 08:21 PM
I will not adhere to your new rule sorry..

Could care less about the #1 spot unless it is DENVER..

Denver is just t o hard to figure if the coaches would line up the your turks on DEFENSE and allow them to play instread to the losers that are and if we had a real RB on the Roster they could be top 5.. They are peaking or did last week Sunday will tell us for sure..

Even if they lose on Sunday, if a real RB emerges from the pack and the rushing defense shows up the sky is the limit.. If not, so is the toilet..