PDA

View Full Version : we want tebow

VandalismZ
09-13-2011, 06:08 AM
this is getting ridiculous. im tired of watching Kyle Orton failing to score in the red zone. we should have won that game. Chad Henne showed him up today. I hope he loses his spot in the upcoming weeks

CrazyHorse
09-13-2011, 06:23 AM
You're not the only one!

sneakers
09-13-2011, 06:28 AM
You're not the only one!

Psshh! Thanks for ruining it for us....we were let him think he was.

claymore
09-13-2011, 07:01 AM
The only player Tebow is ready to replace is Spencer Larsen.

VandalismZ
09-13-2011, 07:09 AM
lol i know im not the only one. i heard the thousands of fans chant

SoCalImport
09-13-2011, 10:17 AM
I've been a victim of my own emotion at and/or during a game, when your team is not living up to expectations. I've been one obnoxious boo-bird.
Next day I can be more objective and say that if Fox put Tebow in now it'd be a huge mistake and the death-knell of his career as a head coach.
You don't make knee jerk reactionary decisions like that. Especially on a team in our position where you're trying to build some chemistry.

That being said. If Orton continues to crumble under the pressure over the next few games? That's totally different.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 10:26 AM
I've been a victim of my own emotion at and/or during a game, when your team is not living up to expectations. I've been one obnoxious boo-bird.
Next day I can be more objective and say that if Fox put Tebow in now it'd be a huge mistake and the death-knell of his career as a head coach.
You don't make knee jerk reactionary decisions like that. Especially on a team in our position where you're trying to build some chemistry.

That being said. If Orton continues to crumble under the pressure over the next few games? That's totally different.

It's not a knee jerk reaction because it's been the same shit for 2+ seasons now.

Orton is who we thought he was....move on already.

There is plenty of evidence to support the decision to bench him.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 10:33 AM

So going on 3 seasons of "crumbling under pressure" isn't grounds to bench Orton?

Cugel
09-13-2011, 10:34 AM
this is getting ridiculous. im tired of watching Kyle Orton failing to score in the red zone. we should have won that game. Chad Henne showed him up today. I hope he loses his spot in the upcoming weeks

Everything you said is flat wrong! :coffee:

Aaron Rogers or a healthy Peyton Manning couldn't have won that game with the Ol being pushed back into their faces on every play.

Kyle Orton is Kyle Orton. I don't expect him to ever become a great QB or even a good one. But, to say the Broncos "should have won that game" is absurd! What game were you watching?

Because the one I saw last night had the Broncos utterly WHIPPED on both the offensive and defensive lines. And when that happens; when you rush for less than 25 yards in the first half; when your defensive line can't stop the run to save their lives and lets the RB get 150 yards, then NO! You don't deserve to win.

If not for all the imbecilic Raider penalties, they would have won by at least 21 points and probably more.

That, people, was a BLOW-OUT LOSS in your home opener. Nothing could better illustrate just how far this team has to go before they can become respectable.

Forget championship. This team is about 6 OL and DL away from being RESPECTABLE! :coffee:

And no. Putting Tim Tebow in there to be eaten up by wolves isn't the answer. And YES. I think we will see him by around game 7 the way things are going.

But, don't expect anything when he does get in. Not with this OL and DL.

cuzz4169
09-13-2011, 10:47 AM

Aaron Rogers or a healthy Peyton Manning couldn't have won that game with the Ol being pushed back into their faces on every play.

Bullshit!!

SOCALORADO.
09-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Bullshit!!

Hey, is Patrick Peterson starting at CB in ARI yet?

lgenf
09-13-2011, 11:02 AM
I don't know that T2 wins that game either with the crappy line play, but I do think he would have made some plays with his feet when they were there to make

I don't know what goes on in the front office or in the coaching staff, but if the team continues like this for 3 or 4 games, I honestly do not think there is anyway they cannot try someone else at QB - my hope is that it does not come to that, as I want T2 to succeed maybe more than most on this forum but because I want him to succeed so I don't want this team to suck this bad......

PAINTERDAVE
09-13-2011, 11:07 AM

Kyle Orton is Kyle Orton. I don't expect him to ever become a great QB or even a good one. But, to say the Broncos "should have won that game" is absurd! What game were you watching?

Because the one I saw last night had the Broncos utterly WHIPPED on both the offensive and defensive lines. And when that happens; when you rush for less than 25 yards in the first half; when your defensive line can't stop the run to save their lives and lets the RB get 150 yards, then NO! You don't deserve to win.

If not for all the imbecilic Raider penalties, they would have won by at least 21 points and probably more.

That, people, was a BLOW-OUT LOSS in your home opener. Nothing could better illustrate just how far this team has to go before they can become respectable.

Forget championship. This team is about 6 OL and DL away from being RESPECTABLE! :coffee:

And no. Putting Tim Tebow in there to be eaten up by wolves isn't the answer. And YES. I think we will see him by around game 7 the way things are going.

A blow out loss?

We were a TD away from winning the damn game..
despite our team being in game one of the REBUILD.

There was plenty of rusty plays to go around...
but Orton was HORRIBLE.

THAT is what we get from his 7 years of experience?

Throws short, overhead, in the dirt,
indecisivness, fumbles (He recovered the 2nd one), interception,
hanging his WR's out to dry

In short...

Orton just went in..
at Mile High.. against our arch enemies (again)
and did EVERY SINGLE THING YOU TOLD US TEBOW WILL DO.

and in the end.. with the game right there within reach...

ORTON FAILED AGAIN.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2011, 11:14 AM
The QB position is NOT the only area where things can go wrong, and did go wrong last night - none of the penalties were on Orton, Orton does not play on defense, Orton does not play on special teams (blocked punt), Orton does not play on the OL (blocking, or should I say, not blocking on running plays), etc., etc., etc.

It is very easy to single Orton out, but you need to look at the whole picture, and be critical of everything that went wrong. If everything else would have went right, Orton's mistakes would not have mattered.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2011, 11:15 AM

If Chad Henne showed Orton up, why did Miami not win????????

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 11:17 AM

Because Tom Brady threw for 517 yards???? If you actually watched the game it was obvious that even Henne can do things that Orton cannot and that Miami did the right thing by telling Orton to stuff his demands.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Because Tom Brady threw for 517 yards???? If you actually watched the game it was obvious that even Henne can do things that Orton cannot and that Miami did the right thing by telling Orton to stuff his demands.

OK - so Brady threw for 517 yards - apparently Miami's defense did not stop Brady, just as Denver's defense did not stop the run last night.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 11:22 AM
A blow out loss?

We were a TD away from winning the damn game..
despite our team being in game one of the REBUILD.
There was plenty of rusty plays to go around...
but Orton was HORRIBLE.

THAT is what we get from his 7 years of experience?

Throws short, overhead, in the dirt,
indecisivness, fumbles (He recovered the 2nd one), interception,
hanging his WR's out to dry

In short...

Orton just went in..
at Mile High.. against our arch enemies (again)
and did EVERY SINGLE THING YOU TOLD US TEBOW WILL DO.

and in the end.. with the game right there within reach...

ORTON FAILED AGAIN.

Had it not been for Decker's punt return and Oaklands thugs handing us 15 yards every other play this game would have been a blow out.

Oakland practically tried to hand us the game on a silver platter and Orton still failed miserably.

slim
09-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Release the Tebow!

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 11:28 AM

How about you are wrong......when you are blitzed every down, you have to show you can beat the blitz for it to stop. Did we have throw to the flats? Or have a quick out throw by Orton? He just failed the ball to sidelines or got sacked. He did nothing to prove blitzing would cost them since they have less coverage with all the safety blitzing they were doing.

People were talking last night that the Raiders might have one of the best DL in the league, I am not so sure but they are good.

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 11:32 AM
The QB position is NOT the only area where things can go wrong, and did go wrong last night - none of the penalties were on Orton, Orton does not play on defense, Orton does not play on special teams (blocked punt), Orton does not play on the OL (blocking, or should I say, not blocking on running plays), etc., etc., etc.

It is very easy to single Orton out, but you need to look at the whole picture, and be critical of everything that went wrong. If everything else would have went right, Orton's mistakes would not have mattered.

Not being able to read a blitz and change play accordingly? Like when he had all receivers wide and no RB in the backfield when a blitz is coming for sure? He could not read the defense last night? He could not make simple passes to the flats to beat the blitz. He did not step up. Oakland blitzed every play almost and of course gave our OL some trouble. Really tested out Franklin. THey went after him.

rationalfan
09-13-2011, 11:37 AM
a question for tebow-loving broncos fans: if you accept the belief that elway is the greatest QB in broncos history and you accept the belief that the best QB in team history knows how to evaluate fellow quarterbacks, how can you not accept that the greatest QB in team history who is now running the team would play the best QB at this moment to lead the team?

i'm not anti-tebow. but this fact seems to be forgotten in all these "i want tebow" debates: tebow still has legitimate accuracy issues. he still holds the ball too long. he still has trouble reading defenses. yes, he has moxie and leadership, but, i believe, tebow wouldn't have changed the game last night. at all.

underrated29
09-13-2011, 11:45 AM
, but, i believe, tebow wouldn't have changed the game last night. at all.

I actually think he would have.

I wont go into the fumble because that was just a fluke play.

But the 3rd and goal where orton got sacked and he was going to toss it to mcahee. Had that been tebow he would have had a CLEAR lane to run it in for the score. I was actually thinking that at the time. I then went back and looked at the play and the middle was wide open, I think orton might have even made it had he tried too.

Tebow would have changed the game there. IMO he also would have changed the game by evading some of the sacks.

However, IMO most all of the blame goes to Mccoy. I can NOT STAND HIM AS OUR OC!!!

We all knew that the raiders were blitzing on most of those downs. A Screen would be the ultimate way to nuetralize that pressure. We called 1 screen the entire game, and it didnt go anywhere due to a missed block, however they did not send the house like they were when we called it.

Terrible called game imo by mccoy. I have not liked him and I still do not. I think he is the one that needs to go. (but I have said that for 2 or 3 years now)

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 11:45 AM
a question for tebow-loving broncos fans: if you accept the belief that elway is the greatest QB in broncos history and you accept the belief that the best QB in team history knows how to evaluate fellow quarterbacks, how can you not accept that the greatest QB in team history who is now running the team would play the best QB at this moment to lead the team?

i'm not anti-tebow. but this fact seems to be forgotten in all these "i want tebow" debates: tebow still has legitimate accuracy issues. he still holds the ball too long. he still has trouble reading defenses. yes, he has moxie and leadership, but, i believe, tebow wouldn't have changed the game last night. at all.

Perhaps the outcome would not have been different had Tebow started, we don't know....

I think most people want to see Tebow because it is a waste of a rebuilding year to not get him experience and see what he has in stead of playing Orton who brings absolutely nothing to the table and obviously has no future with the team.

I think it would be easier for fans to swallow a 3-13 season with Tebow stinking up the field as opposed to watching Orton go 4-12 stinking up the field. Because then at least we won't go into 2012 still wondering what we have in Tebow.

We are top 5 pick bound anyway, so give the kid a shot and see if he can learn on the job and show promise...If not, then draft a QB in what is a promising draft class.

Elway is dillusional if he thinks we are going anywhere with Orton.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 11:47 AM
OK - so Brady threw for 517 yards - apparently Miami's defense did not stop Brady, just as Denver's defense did not stop the run last night.

Henne didn't turn the ball over on the most crucial drive of the game either. The Patriots are one of the best teams in the NFL and Tom Brady is a first ballot HoF QB, Jason Campbell threw for 105 yards and the Raiders finally started gashing us for yards when the defense worse down.

There is no comparison and even if there were, why would anyone want to be compared to Chad Henne, who sucks as well, just doesn't suck AS bad.

Still, Henne looked light years more capable than Orton and the Dolphins have to be happy as hell they didn't cave in to Orton's contract demands. In fact, Orton is doing NOTHING to make his own case for free agency this year. He's hurting his value every snap he takes.

LTC Pain
09-13-2011, 11:50 AM
"We" pale face???

rationalfan
09-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Perhaps the outcome would not have been different had Tebow started, we don't know....

I think most people want to see Tebow because it is a waste of a rebuilding year to not get him experience and see what he has in stead of playing Orton who brings absolutely nothing to the table and obviously has no future with the team.

I think it would be easier for fans to swallow a 3-13 season with Tebow stinking up the field as opposed to watching Orton go 4-12 stinking up the field. Because then at least we won't go into 2012 still wondering what we have in Tebow.

We are top 5 pick bound anyway, so give the kid a shot and see if he can learn on the job and show promise...If not, then draft a QB in what is a promising draft class.

Elway is dillusional if he thinks we are going anywhere with Orton.

i agree with most of that (not about the top 5 pick, see the broncos more as a top 10 pick team).

but you have to remember the coaches' perspective: they want to win now. they can't coach for next year. they might not have a next year - especially the coordinators. that's why the tebow demands get so tired to me, they're not accounting for the reality of the broncos' power structure.

still, i understand why people want to see him play.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Not being able to read a blitz and change play accordingly? Like when he had all receivers wide and no RB in the backfield when a blitz is coming for sure? He could not read the defense last night? He could not make simple passes to the flats to beat the blitz. He did not step up. Oakland blitzed every play almost and of course gave our OL some trouble. Really tested out Franklin. THey went after him.

I totally understand that Orton made mistakes; however, if any of the other 32 players, which were on the field at some point last night, did not also make mistakes, Orton's mistakes would not have mattered. Now, if the only time that Oakland scored would have been on Orton throwing ints, which were returned for touchdowns, then, and only then, should the loss totally be on Orton.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 12:03 PM
i agree with most of that (not about the top 5 pick, see the broncos more as a top 10 pick team).

but you have to remember the coaches' perspective: they want to win now. they can't coach for next year. they might not have a next year - especially the coordinators. that's why the tebow demands get so tired to me, they're not accounting for the reality of the broncos' power structure.

And contrastingly, that's what I don't get about the coaches...

If they are worried about their jobs then why are they hinging their careers on a guy who is 5-17 or whatever the heck he is over the last 2+ seasons??

If they go with Tebow they probably get a longer leash because he is supposedly much more of a project.

stway
09-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Orton needs to raise his game. plain and simple. In spite of lots dropped passes, no run game, no blocking, whatever, the game was winnable.

That being said, it's dumb at best to shout we want Tebow, an ill-hyped hesus without much NFL QB brain/ability. I would give Quinn a chance if Orton cannot do better.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 12:06 PM
I totally understand that Orton made mistakes; however, if any of the other 32 players, which were on the field at some point last night, did not also make mistakes, Orton's mistakes would not have mattered. Now, if the only time that Oakland scored would have been on Orton throwing ints, which were returned for touchdowns, then, and only then, should the loss totally be on Orton.

Orton was not the only reason we lost the game...

However, he is the QB and the QB has the ball in his hands every play and has more opportunities to impact the game.

Orton did nothing last night to impact the game in a positive manner. This has been the trend the majority of his tenure in Denver.

Nomad
09-13-2011, 12:07 PM
And contrastingly, that's what I don't get about the coaches...

If they are worried about their jobs then why are they hinging their careers on a guy who is 5-17 or whatever the heck he is over the last 2+ seasons??

If they go with Tebow they probably get a longer leash because he is supposedly much more of a project.

Though it sucks you had to do it but your sig is funny especially the dude (forget his name) in it with the thumbs up!

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 12:07 PM

All the flaws people claim with Tebow....Orton did last night. He read defenses shity. He could not throw accurately, most passes were behind receivers and low, some were way over heads. He was not quick with passes and holding too long and was sacked several times. He was not getting the ball out quick on blitzes like he should be. I know some is play calling but he has to use audibles correctly too.

Orton was lucky and got some pass interference plays, some 1st and 5 from DL in neutral zone, ect.

bumstah
09-13-2011, 12:08 PM
if things continue the way they're going, i can see tebow starting at game 5..

i was semi-impressed how the denver d held up though..yes they were exposed and mcfadden ran all over them on some plays..but i think the denver d made enough plays for the offense to bounce back..sadly that didn't happen..

i don't know whether to blame the o-line or Orton..they both looked awfully terrible last night.

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 12:09 PM

So the interception that turned into a TD or his fumble that turned into a FG was not his fault? IT was the defenses fault for being worn out and tired and having problems stopping Oakland. I got it. Orton has clean slate because he does not play defense and there were no pick-sixes.

GEM
09-13-2011, 12:10 PM

Sorry Carol, but the reason they didn't win....Tom Brady and the Patriots.

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 12:11 PM
if things continue the way they're going, i can see tebow starting at game 5..

i was semi-impressed how the denver d held up though..yes they were exposed and mcfadden ran all over them on some plays..but i think the denver d made enough plays for the offense to bounce back..sadly that didn't happen..

i don't know whether to blame the o-line or Orton..they both looked awfully terrible last night.

Most of McFadden yards came from big plays, he had a 47 and 3 other runs over 20 yards. We are known for being horrible tacklers and it showed we had too many missed tackles on MCFadden and he got big plays.

Clipworthy
Orton needs to raise his game. plain and simple. In spite of lots dropped passes, no run game, no blocking, whatever, the game was winnable.

That being said, it's dumb at best to shout we want Tebow, an ill-hyped hesus without much NFL QB brain/ability. I would give Quinn a chance if Orton cannot do better.

You know it's Brady Quinn right? Not Tom. Quinn is the worst QB on the roster, don't kid yourself

vandammage13
Though it sucks you had to do it but your sig is funny especially the dude (forget his name) in it with the thumbs up!

Haha...its gary busey.

Can't take credit for the sig. I saw it posted somewhere else and I stole it, but it was just too great to pass up.

rationalfan
09-13-2011, 12:17 PM
I actually think he would have.

I wont go into the fumble because that was just a fluke play.

But the 3rd and goal where orton got sacked and he was going to toss it to mcahee. Had that been tebow he would have had a CLEAR lane to run it in for the score. I was actually thinking that at the time. I then went back and looked at the play and the middle was wide open, I think orton might have even made it had he tried too.

Tebow would have changed the game there. IMO he also would have changed the game by evading some of the sacks.

However, IMO most all of the blame goes to Mccoy. I can NOT STAND HIM AS OUR OC!!!

We all knew that the raiders were blitzing on most of those downs. A Screen would be the ultimate way to nuetralize that pressure. We called 1 screen the entire game, and it didnt go anywhere due to a missed block, however they did not send the house like they were when we called it.

Terrible called game imo by mccoy. I have not liked him and I still do not. I think he is the one that needs to go. (but I have said that for 2 or 3 years now)

you're not wrong about the play calling.

GEM
09-13-2011, 12:18 PM
I doubt Tebow is the answer, who knows he very well could be, but I KNOW Orton is not. I am sick of hearing he gives us the best chance to win, yet he's a huge reason why we lose. I am sick of hearing about his great stats, they don't count in the W-L record. I am sick of hearing how the locker room loves him, right now our locker room SUCKS! Drastic changes need to be made, players NEED to be held accountable. I don't want to hear how the other players love him, the other players right now....suck.

This team is seriously lacking in talent. And the players we do have that are uber talented are covered by the overwhelming number of players that uber suck.

Miller and Doom aren't going to matter if we can't stop the run. They aren't going to matter if they just run the ball down our embarrassing gut. Champ Bailey isn't going to matter, just like he hasn't really been given the opportunity to matter over the last few years again because we can't stop a run to save our ******* life.

Brandon Lloyd isn't going to matter if we can't stop our Olinemen from holding for dear life because they don't have the talent to play at this level. Decker isn't going to matter because he can't control Orton dropping the ball and losing all momentum from a punt return for a touchdown. We can't overcome the astounding amount of dropped balls, overthrown balls and balls thrown away because a defensive lineman gives Orton the mean eye and he falls into the fetal position.

Until we get some more talent on this team...we are doomed to failure. Talent was ignored on this team through the Shanny years on defense, thrown away by the years of McDaniels. It's not a quick fix, but if you have a way of keeping your fans at least a bit involved, ******* do it. Because the worst that can happen....we lose...which we're doing all ******* ready.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-13-2011, 12:19 PM
So the interception that turned into a TD or his fumble that turned into a FG was not his fault? IT was the defenses fault for being worn out and tired and having problems stopping Oakland. I got it. Orton has clean slate because he does not play defense and there were no pick-sixes.

I said Orton made mistakes - also, the blocked punt led to a TD. Plays were called back for OL holding, etc. To me, there were enough mistakes made by all 3 units to call this a team loss, not solely an Orton loss - that's all I am saying.

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 01:26 PM
I said Orton made mistakes - also, the blocked punt led to a TD. Plays were called back for OL holding, etc. To me, there were enough mistakes made by all 3 units to call this a team loss, not solely an Orton loss - that's all I am saying.

Only reason we were even in that game was because of Decker.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 01:55 PM

Quinn showed that he sucks in Preseason, he had his chance and was thoroughly outplayed by Tebow in the final game. If Quinn struggles that mightily against guys who are no longer on rosters I can just imagine the tragic comedy that would unfold if he were to start against Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Oakland, or even Buffalo for that matter.

Quinn is a nonfactor. Tebow with a blindfold on gives you a better chance to win a football game than Quinn does.

Bugs Baloney
09-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Release the Tebow!

it's only a matter of time...he needs to gel with himself.

underrated29
09-13-2011, 02:23 PM
I dont think we are seriously lacking talent. I disagree a bunch. A whole bunch.

I also think people are DRASTICALLY undervaluing the raiders.

Last year they were #2 in sacks!
Last year they were #2 in rushing!

They have en elite RB- who imo will be a top 3 back back possibly hitting the 2k marker- I know what i just wrote there!

We faced off against a team that their 2 greatest strengths happen to be our two greatist weaknesses.

Teams will not be running all over us. Aside from Run Dmcs 65 yard run, he did not do all that well and he is one of the best in the game. When we face teams that do not have a top 3 NFL RB things will be different. Same when facing pressure. Although if Mccoy keeps effing up the play calling and not neutralizing the blitz with a Effing screen play. We will not go far.

We do face off against another tough defense next week against the bengals but I think we fare much much better. Speed, is always the thing that beats our team. Its only the speed backs that have owned us. Benson is a stud through and through, but he is not a speed demon.
( think, which rbs have killed us- rundmc, charles, sproles, )

Npba900
09-13-2011, 02:32 PM
lol i know im not the only one. i heard the thousands of fans chant

Were there any chants for "We Want Orton" or "We Want Luck"!:laugh:

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 02:36 PM
That would be hilarious if a "We want Luck" chant broke out.

Npba900
09-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Release the Tebow!

shhhhhhhh.....don't say that too loud nor often----your wish may come true and Tebow could be released in 2012 or by 2013!!!:D

VandalismZ
09-13-2011, 03:55 PM
tebow could have changed the outcome of that game. thats just my opinion. and our D was doing good until we started getting worn out because Kyle Orton only had the offence on the field for like a minute

SOCALORADO.
09-13-2011, 03:58 PM
I dont think we are seriously lacking talent. I disagree a bunch. A whole bunch.

I also think people are DRASTICALLY undervaluing the raiders.

Last year they were #2 in sacks!
Last year they were #2 in rushing!

They have en elite RB- who imo will be a top 3 back back possibly hitting the 2k marker- I know what i just wrote there!

We faced off against a team that their 2 greatest strengths happen to be our two greatist weaknesses.

Teams will not be running all over us. Aside from Run Dmcs 65 yard run, he did not do all that well and he is one of the best in the game. When we face teams that do not have a top 3 NFL RB things will be different. Same when facing pressure. Although if Mccoy keeps effing up the play calling and not neutralizing the blitz with a Effing screen play. We will not go far.

We do face off against another tough defense next week against the bengals but I think we fare much much better. Speed, is always the thing that beats our team. Its only the speed backs that have owned us. Benson is a stud through and through, but he is not a speed demon.
( think, which rbs have killed us- rundmc, charles, sproles, )

Hey, uh how many games did you say DEN is going to win this year?
I know we just did the thread, but i just need to be reminded cause i cant remember.

Dzone
09-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Honestly, that offensive line is so atrocious that I dont think any quarterback would be able to do well. That interior of Kuper, Walton and Beadles is hands down the worst in the NFL.

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 04:09 PM
shhhhhhhh.....don't say that too loud nor often----your wish may come true and Tebow could be released in 2012 or by 2013!!!:D

that would be your dream.

fvkw
09-13-2011, 04:13 PM
I doubt Tebow could be as bad as Orton last night. He would have scored when the game was on the line, not fumble the damn ball !!!!

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

bumstah
09-13-2011, 06:02 PM
I doubt Tebow is the answer

I agree, but at this point I think all the people want now is just an entertaining football game. Whether Tebow succeeds or crumbles, it's WAY more fun than watching Orton play.

Last night's game was very boring to watch. The penalties were getting old REAL fast.

Ryan_the_Bucs_Fan
09-13-2011, 06:45 PM
You guys honestly seem to be in the same position as we were in Tampa 2 years ago. I was seeing this same argument repeated over and over again.

"It's not all Leftwich's fault! He can't do anything with such a crap team!"

"Freeman couldn't even beat out Josh Johnson for the 2nd string spot!"

"We reached on Freeman because he was Rah's boy and we are gonna pay for it for years!"

Well we all saw how it went. Lefty was awful until we pulled him. JJ went in and stunk up the place. We finally put Freeman in late in the season against the Packers and he led a thrilling 4th Q comeback to win the game. He didn't have a spectacular end to that season but he showed some talent and the ability to make plays happen.

The difference is, our coach stayed the next year and stood behind his draft pick, and Freeman got the chance to grow and prove that he was capable of being the stud that his talent indicated he could.

I'm not saying that Tebow will do the same thing. But you already have a book on Orton. There is already a book on Quinn. All you got from Tebow is 3 games. You can't even really count this last preseason with how bad all young players suffered from the lockout. I know I would want Fox to at least prove to me that he is right about Tebow and give him a shot to fail.

claymore
09-13-2011, 07:03 PM
You guys honestly seem to be in the same position as we were in Tampa 2 years ago. I was seeing this same argument repeated over and over again.

"It's not all Leftwich's fault! He can't do anything with such a crap team!"

"Freeman couldn't even beat out Josh Johnson for the 2nd string spot!"

"We reached on Freeman because he was Rah's boy and we are gonna pay for it for years!"

Well we all saw how it went. Lefty was awful until we pulled him. JJ went in and stunk up the place. We finally put Freeman in late in the season against the Packers and he led a thrilling 4th Q comeback to win the game. He didn't have a spectacular end to that season but he showed some talent and the ability to make plays happen.

The difference is, our coach stayed the next year and stood behind his draft pick, and Freeman got the chance to grow and prove that he was capable of being the stud that his talent indicated he could.

I'm not saying that Tebow will do the same thing. But you already have a book on Orton. There is already a book on Quinn. All you got from Tebow is 3 games. You can't even really count this last preseason with how bad all young players suffered from the lockout. I know I would want Fox to at least prove to me that he is right about Tebow and give him a shot to fail.

I love Josh Freeman. Tim Tebow isnt in the same hemisphere as Freeman. JF has a great pocket presense. I saw it the first game he started.

claymore
09-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Honestly, that offensive line is so atrocious that I dont think any quarterback would be able to do well. That interior of Kuper, Walton and Beadles is hands down the worst in the NFL.

Yeah,, lets bench them and see what their back ups can do. We might really be bad, but at least we will know what we got.

Ryan_the_Bucs_Fan
09-13-2011, 07:21 PM
I love Josh Freeman. Tim Tebow isnt in the same hemisphere as Freeman. JF has a great pocket presense. I saw it the first game he started.

I'm not debating that. Tebow has always been a little too fast on his feet. But when it comes to pure just overall talent and ability to make plays out of a broken one, Tebow clearly is above both Orton and Quinn in that regaurd.

As Tampa fans we didn't know the tools Josh had. I will admit I thought the pic we put on him was absolutely a god awful one. He may have had talent sure, but the dude looked like he had no brain and simply relied on his talent to make plays. He proved me wrong by showing that he had poise, accuracy, and an ability to lead his team in clutch moments when it mattered.

I don't know if Tebow can do that. And I say that having grown up in Florida and watching every game he played in college. However I would want to know for sure, and see it game day. 3 games is not a big enough sample size for me.

And I also don't think Fox is giving him a fair shot. Fox is a guy who likes veterans. He was that way in Carolina to the point where it began to hurt the franchise. He hates developing QB's. Gruden was the same way in Tampa. Most coaches know that even if a young player looks worse in practice, its better to give him his licks in game time if the person above him isnt miles ahead because its the only way he will ever learn and get better. Fox is not that kinda guy.

Like I said, I'm not saying Tebow is the franchise for you guys. But Orton clearly isn't. I would also say don't start Tebow yet anyway. Give Orton at least 2 or 3 more games. If the same stuff is still happening, Timmy should be given a shot.

CrazyHorse
09-14-2011, 12:22 AM

Because the Patriots are a much better team than the Raiders.

VandalismZ
09-14-2011, 03:31 AM
i agree with the bucs fan 100% Tim Tebow needs to get some in game reps. thats the only way well know what we really have. the last 3 games last season were honestly the most enjoyable games of the year.