PDA

View Full Version : Kiszla: Broncos' Kyle Orton has lost his credibility with bored fans

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 01:04 AM
You're done, Kyle Orton.

It's absolutely unfair to place all the blame on Orton for the bumbling, fumbling, not-ready-for-prime-time performance of the Broncos during Monday Night Football​, when they lost 23-20 to Oakland.

But Orton has lost all credibility with Broncomaniacs.

And John Fox now finds himself in an unusually bad spot after only one loss as the coach in Denver.

Read more: Kiszla: Broncos' Kyle Orton has lost his credibility with bored fans - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18881574#ixzz1XoGoJFNh

underrated29
09-13-2011, 01:09 AM
Do you think its all possible that kiz already had this entire article already written and just filled in the blanks.

Raiders 23
seymore sack
Chokes on third down and redzone

camdisco24
09-13-2011, 01:16 AM
Well... its true. Good way to start the season Kyle. Not everything was your fault, but you've really dug a hole for yourself. Hope you enjoy the Tebow chants.

BORDERLINE
09-13-2011, 01:16 AM
Do you think its all possible that kiz already had this entire article already written and just filled in the blanks.

Raiders 23
seymore sack
Chokes on third down and redzone

HAHA seems like it huh?

Orton done? No i say it's still a couple of more games. If it wasn't for that fumble, that awful , i'm a loser fumble Orton gave to the raidass we might be singing a winning tune.

Still, No one makes the playoffs in week one. Hopefully this opens Foxy's eyes and he opens up the playbook a little more

Lancane
09-13-2011, 01:29 AM
HAHA seems like it huh?

Orton done? No i say it's still a couple of more games. If it wasn't for that fumble, that awful , i'm a loser fumble Orton gave to the raidass we might be singing a winning tune.

Still, No one makes the playoffs in week one. Hopefully this opens Foxy's eyes and he opens up the playbook a little more

Who're you kidding B, Kyle Orton could lose the game even if we were up by seven without turnovers! With him behind center he's proven to be a liability to winning football games...after all he just added another loss to his overall total in Denver! How many wins does he have under his belt here?

:lol:

;)

BORDERLINE
09-13-2011, 01:33 AM
Who're you kidding B, Kyle Orton could lose the game even if we were up by seven without turnovers! With him behind center he's proven to be a liability to winning football games...after all he just added another loss to his overall total in Denver! How many wins does he have under his belt here?

;)

myself that's who i'm kidding:mad:.

I'm usually pretty pist after a game like this but somehow i'm as calm as a turtle dove flying over.......whatever turtle doves fly over.

Cooler heads prevail Lancane.

This Orton guy better step his shit up

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 01:35 AM
Yeah, I don't even get mad anymore. I used to, but not now. The past 2 seasons have numbed me to the emotional reaction of a loss. I don't expect a Kyle Orton-led offense to score many points or convert many downs, and I don't expect the defense to play at anywhere near the NFL-level.

Sadly, the Broncos have become a losing franchise and every time I see Orton take a snap it reminds me of what the last regime (and Xanders in the current one) did to our team.

Lancane
09-13-2011, 01:36 AM
myself that's who i'm kidding:mad:.

I'm usually pretty pist after a game like this but somehow i'm as calm as a turtle dove flying over.......whatever turtle doves fly over.

Cooler heads prevail Lancane.

This Orton guy better step his s*** up

Completely understand, I tried to fool myself last year...but then the realization sits in and you're like "Mother****er!".

We looked so bad that Cincinnati and Buffalo both have to be the favorites when it's time to play them!

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 01:37 AM
We MIGHT beat Cinci, Buffalo and Fitzpatrick are going to KILL us.

BORDERLINE
09-13-2011, 01:39 AM
Completely understand, I tried to fool myself last year...but then the realization sits in and you're like "Mother****er!".

We looked so bad that Cincinnati and Buffalo both have to be the favorites when it's time to play them!

EFX better have a plan.

We are not sucking for the sake of sucking.

I agree we might be the worst team in the NFL, but not by a lot

Lancane
09-13-2011, 01:41 AM
We MIGHT beat Cinci, Buffalo and Fitzpatrick are going to KILL us.

That's what people said about the Raiders, well we all saw how that turned out. And I'd say that Cincinnati has a better offense as well. The only team we may be the favorites against is possibly KC, but that doesn't usually fall in our favor either!

:tsk:

BroncoTech
09-13-2011, 01:43 AM
No team can beat us...

As long as we keep beating ourselves.

BORDERLINE
09-13-2011, 01:45 AM
No team can beat us...

As long as we keep beating ourselves.

sounds like our 2011 slogan

Northman
09-13-2011, 01:56 AM
I dont think its as much Orton losing credibility as it is the fans losing faith that he can be a difference maker in the clutch.

Lancane
09-13-2011, 01:59 AM
I dont think its as much Orton losing credibility as it is the fans losing faith that he can be a difference maker in the clutch.

I think that was lost last year before the break North! :lol:

Not that he gives a shit, the man got his huge payday...:tsk:

getlynched47
09-13-2011, 02:00 AM
Kyle Orton sucks on male genitals

Lancane
09-13-2011, 02:05 AM
Kyle Orton sucks on male genitals

You may be right, I mean look how he only has eyes for Brandon Lloyd...Brandon likes white meat!

FanInAZ
09-13-2011, 03:07 AM
I'm shocked by this article! I had no idea that Orton still had credibility with Broncos' fans going into this game.

SM19
09-13-2011, 03:58 AM
As long as we don't have anyone better, I'm not sure what we can do.

zbeg
09-13-2011, 04:52 AM
As long as we don't have anyone better, I'm not sure what we can do.

Overexaggerate his role in any Broncos loss and pretend that Tebow would be better even though it's clear to anyone paying attention to the team that he is very likely to be significantly worse?

Dirk
09-13-2011, 06:44 AM
Overexaggerate his role in any Broncos loss and pretend that Tebow would be better even though it's clear to anyone paying attention to the team that he is very likely to be significantly worse?

I would take the "growing pains" of Tebow at this time over Kyle and his inability to get away from anyone that gets close to him. At least with Tebow there is always a chance he will get outside the pocket and actually make something happen instead of going down so easily.

If Kyle had say Brady's offensive line I think he would do so much better. But with the OL that Denver has ATM...I don't have any faith in Orton at all.

claymore
09-13-2011, 06:58 AM
EFX better have a plan.

They do, they said its going to take 3 quality drafts to get this team back to the playoffs.

UnderArmour
09-13-2011, 07:00 AM

People can say what they want to say, but Tim Tebow would have won that game last night. Not scoring a TD off that fumble was huge for momentum, we needed that. There was a reason Orton got pulled for Tebow in the red zone late last year and our offensive staff is even mostly the same. Hopefully they figure out why McDaniels did this before it's too late.

claymore
09-13-2011, 07:04 AM
People can say what they want to say, but Tim Tebow would have won that game last night. Not scoring a TD off that fumble was huge for momentum, we needed that. There was a reason Orton got pulled for Tebow in the red zone late last year and our offensive staff is even mostly the same. Hopefully they figure out why McDaniels did this before it's too late.

Because we cant run the football because this offensive line sucks.

hotcarl
09-13-2011, 07:29 AM
0-16

claymore
09-13-2011, 07:32 AM
0-16

If Tebow starts he will miracle us into 0-18. :D

skins_fan82
09-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Kyle Orton was Captain Buzzkill last night. He completely ruined my first ever Mile High experience.

So much for all the pre-season hype about that dude.

Npba900
09-13-2011, 07:41 AM
EFX better have a plan.

EFX will have 3 years to turn things around before Bowlen comes out of his self induced deep sleep....to say "Hey Guys" shouldn't we be winning right about now.

Point is EFX knows they have got to find away to draft a Franchise QB in the next two years or their days in Denver will be numbered.

And "No" Tebow is not a Franchise QB......he's the Alex Smith of the Denver Broncos and EFX will not give Tebow 2-3 years to find out what they already know about Tebow right now.....he ain't the Franchise QB to lead the Broncos for the next 12-15 years.

This team must find a Franchise QB in 2012 or by 2013 if not Denver is in for a long drought of mediocrity on the same level as the Bills and 49ers. After these were once proud winning Franchies.

I'm missing Mike Shannahan already in just 3 short years.:tsk::tsk:

Npba900
09-13-2011, 07:43 AM

So are you advocating to run the "WildCat" with TT at the QB inside the 20?

Npba900
09-13-2011, 07:48 AM
You may be right, I mean look how he only has eyes for Brandon Lloyd...Brandon likes white meat!

Brandon would still rather have KO throw him the ball rather than that "Tebow Thing" (quoted by Brandon:D) throwing him unpredictable wobbly-in-the-dirt inaccurate passes.:lol:

Day1BroncoFan
09-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Whatever you want to say about is speculation at this poijnt. Orton is today and has been for 7 years mediocre at best.

Keep the same ol' same ol', what the hell why take a chance on winning for most of a season when you can play orton instead.

Note: I am not a TB fan, I don't care who we play as long as it's not orton.

claymore
09-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Whatever you want to say about is speculation at this poijnt. Orton is today and has been for 7 years mediocre at best.

Keep the same ol' same ol', what the hell why take a chance on winning for most of a season when you can play orton instead.

Note: I am not a TB fan, I don't care who we play as long as it's not orton.

You are speculating that we might win most of the season with QB's worse than Kyle Orton?

Day1BroncoFan
09-13-2011, 08:09 AM
You are speculating that we might win most of the season with QB's worse than Kyle Orton?

No, I'm saying don't play orton and we have a chance.

skins_fan82
09-13-2011, 08:20 AM
MY GOD Orton looked bad...really bad. I know it was an ugly game all around, but in my opinion, Kyle single-handedly lost that game. Momentum had swung, the drive was going. And his unforced fumble led to a Raider touchdown and ultimately cost Denver the game. Not to mention how many times he blew it in the redzone.

I'm new to Denver and new to the Broncos and I don't know much about their roster yet, but I do know that Kyle Orton is NOT your future...

The entire 236 section of south stands was SCREAMING for Orton's head last night LOL. My voice is horse this morning from cussing at him the entire game.

claymore
09-13-2011, 08:29 AM
No, I'm saying don't play orton and we have a chance.

How would we have a better chance with worse players? I dont understand the logic.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 08:38 AM
How would we have a better chance with worse players? I dont understand the logic.

I think with as bad as our line is, Tebow would give us a better chance even though Orton is (sometimes) the better passer.

Tebow can at least run around and make something happen when the Oline fails, but Orton just falls down.

Just because Orton is a better passer (when no one is touching him) doesn't mean he gives us a better chance to win.

Our Oline isn't good enough to carry a game manager...we need a playmaker.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 09:00 AM

I think Tebow would have given Denver a better chance to win last night. Orton's lack of mobility or overall athleticism holds this offense back. Orton is the best PASSER on the roster but as many were reminded last night, there's a BIG difference in throwing against our defense in 7 on 7 pass drills as opposed to starting a game against the Raiders defense.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 09:06 AM
I think Tebow would have given Denver a better chance to win last night. Orton's lack of mobility or overall athleticism holds this offense back. Orton is the best PASSER on the roster but as many were reminded last night, there's a BIG difference in throwing against our defense in 7 on 7 pass drills as opposed to starting a game against the Raiders defense.

It's really not that hard to understand.....

If this team were elite at all other positions on offense, then Orton would be the best choice.

However, this team as is...Tebow should be the choice because he can carry a team and make plays unlike Orton.

claymore
09-13-2011, 09:08 AM
I think with as bad as our line is, Tebow would give us a better chance even though Orton is (sometimes) the better passer.

Tebow can at least run around and make something happen when the Oline fails, but Orton just falls down.

Just because Orton is a better passer (when no one is touching him) doesn't mean he gives us a better chance to win.

Our Oline isn't good enough to carry a game manager...we need a playmaker.
I dont think we can install the full offense with Tebow. I think its that bad.

Orton isnt starting because John Fox is enamoured by his abilities. He is starting him because he has even less faith in Quin and Tebow.

I think Tebow would have given us the better chance last night because there is virtually no film on him. I think it starts to tumble down hill from there though.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Clay, at least developing Tebow contributes something to this franchise, what does winning 5 games with Orton at QB do for us? Nothing.

It's time to move on and get this bum out from under center.

BigSarge87
09-13-2011, 09:21 AM
We're not going to win the Superbowl.

There's no reason to play Orton.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Clay, at least developing Tebow contributes something to this franchise, what does winning 5 games with Orton at QB do for us? Nothing.

Exactly...you know what you have in Orton and it ain't enough.

He has more experience than Tebow (or Quinn for that matter), but clearly he has reached his ceiling...and it wasn't very high.

At some point, you have to go with the young guy and give him experience and see what he has for the future.

Almost like a one step back, two steps forward approach (although I would argue starting Tebow wouldn't really be taking a step back, but a much needed step forward toward rebuilding.)

This regime needs a serious reality check if they still think this year is anything but a rebuilding year and think we are going anywhere with Orton.

The regime sticking with Orton is holding the franchise back from moving forward and it makes me sick...

Orton has served his purpose as placeholder QB for 2 years and it is time to move on....enough is enough.

BroncoJoe
09-13-2011, 09:23 AM
I dont think we can install the full offense with Tebow. I think its that bad.

Orton isnt starting because John Fox is enamoured by his abilities. He is starting him because he has even less faith in Quin and Tebow.

I think Tebow would have given us the better chance last night because there is virtually no film on him. I think it starts to tumble down hill from there though.

No offense, Clay but that excuse is just plain dumb.

Dzone
09-13-2011, 09:24 AM
Orton is not as good as Chad Henne. Rex Grossman is better than Orton.
Kyle Orton is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL. Hands down.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 09:26 AM

He's better than Luke McCown, Tavaris Jackson, probably a few others, but Grossman is better than Orton and Chad Henne certainly is.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 09:27 AM

I have him at #30...

Tavaris Jackson and Donovan McNabb (at this point in his career) are probably worse...

claymore
09-13-2011, 09:31 AM

If he was anywhere close to running this offense he would be our starter. Throwing Tebow in at this point isnt developing him.

Starting Tebow now would be the easy wrong, and set this franchise back further.

Believe me, I want him in just so it shuts everyone up, and we can all be on the same page.

But its not fair to Fox, or the 6 good players that we have.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 09:36 AM
If he was anywhere close to running this offense he would be our starter. Throwing Tebow in at this point isnt developing him.

Starting Tebow now would be the easy wrong, and set this franchise back further.

Believe me, I want him in just so it shuts everyone up, and we can all be on the same page.

But its not fair to Fox, or the 6 good players that we have.

Go back and watch those last 3 games from last year and you keep convincing yourself that Tebow would be worse than Orton...

Even if he supposedly can't run the whole playbook he still brings more to the table than Orton.

I'll take Tebow running 50% of the offensive playbook and improvising and making plays while learning on the job, than to watch another abysmal performance by Kyle "I Love to Torch the Prevent" Orton.

chazoe60
09-13-2011, 09:40 AM
How the **** has Kyle friggin Orton been handed the keys to this team for three consecutive seasons? He is horrible. No DC in the world respects him and because of this we get 8 in the box and blitzed constantly.

It's not technically Orton's fault that we can't run the ball but the fact that not a single DC fears Orton is a huge reason why we can't run the ball. Our defense wears down from being put in so many bad spots. The team is leaderless and mistake prone. And a lot of it stems from our mopey ho-hum QB who pisses down his leg at the first sign of adversity. So sick of watching this lethargic shit.

vandammage13
He's better than Luke McCown, Tavaris Jackson, probably a few others, but Grossman is better than Orton and Chad Henne certainly is.

hahah.....I moved to South Florida about 10 years ago from Colorado Springs and I chuckled during the Preseason when Fin Fans were clamoring for Orton.

I kept telling some of my friends down here they want no part of him, and now they can see why.

Henne probably isn't going to take them anywhere either, but I knew it would be crazy for them to waste a draft pick on Orton and give him the long term deal he was seeking.

skins_fan82
. Rex Grossman is better than Orton.

Yep, the Sex Cannon looked pretty damn good against the G-men this past weekend. Love what Shanny has done with him.

And yeah, I've got Orton at #30 or #31.

Lancane
09-13-2011, 10:54 AM
Yep, the Sex Cannon looked pretty damn good against the G-men this past weekend. Love what Shanny has done with him.

And yeah, I've got Orton at #30 or #31.

Shanahan is a quarterback's coach, I know McDaniels was suppose to be a genius...but if you look at the quarterbacks that Mike worked with and their numbers after working with them; John Elway, Steve Young, Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Rex Grossman, Jay Cutler and so on, well then it's easy to see who knows their stuff coaching those at the position. We have who coaching the quarterbacks here in Denver?

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Shanahan is a quarterback's coach, I know McDaniels was suppose to be a genius...but if you look at the quarterbacks that Mike worked with and their numbers after working with them; John Elway, Steve Young, Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Rex Grossman, Jay Cutler and so on, well then it's easy to see who knows their stuff coaching those at the position. We have who coaching the quarterbacks here in Denver?

Good question. We had better hope that Elway spends some time working with the QBs.

Npba900
09-13-2011, 11:03 AM
How the **** has Kyle friggin Orton been handed the keys to this team for three consecutive seasons? He is horrible. No DC in the world respects him and because of this we get 8 in the box and blitzed constantly.

It's not technically Orton's fault that we can't run the ball but the fact that not a single DC fears Orton is a huge reason why we can't run the ball. Our defense wears down from being put in so many bad spots. The team is leaderless and mistake prone. And a lot of it stems from our mopey ho-hum QB who pisses down his leg at the first sign of adversity. So sick of watching this lethargic shit.

I can't see Tebow striking fear into DC's and keeping them up all night either!

As this season unravels it will only convince EFX even more that they have a serioius QB problem of which neither Orton, Quinn nor T2 are the long term solutions.

Its Franchise QB or bust for EFX in the 2012 draft.

SOCALORADO.
09-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Good question. We had better hope that Elway spends some time working with the QBs.

That doesnt seem to be helping.
ELWAY-" You mean you cant throw a frozen rope 70 yards through a swinging tire!?!?"
TEBOW-"Nope. But i can run around!! Wanna see me?!?!"

ELWAY-"Sighs"

G_Money
09-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Then put Tebow in. If Tebow is gonna be worse than Orton and we need a franchise QB, why are we not playing the worst option?

Half measures will make you miss out on the guy you need to turn this around.

~G

Npba900
09-13-2011, 11:09 AM

Elway will be grading, evaluating, and scouting on trying to find a Franchise QB to draft in 2012 more so than he will try to develop the current 3 QB's on the Broncos roster. Not that Quinn, KO or T2 are unsalvageable, but the cream of the crop always rises to the top and Elway already knows he's got to find a Franchise QB in the draft because NFL teams who have franchise qb's ain't interested in giving them up in block buster trade deals.

Right now the situation is Denver is rather hopeless at the QB position and EFX will go for broke in 2012 to try and draft a Franchise QB.

Npba900
09-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Then put Tebow in. If Tebow is gonna be worse than Orton and we need a franchise QB, why are we not playing the worst option?

Half measures will make you miss out on the guy you need to turn this around.

~G

Why put in Josh McDaniels creation-headache! Hell not even McDaniels wanted TT to start as a rookie and who's to say had McD not gotten fired that T2 would not be holding the clip board as the 3rd string QB as well!!!

Evidently EFX has realized just as McD realized....Tebow is much more RAW than anyone realized!!

Ya don't hear McD coming to T2's defense do you????

Tebow will have the 2012 offseason to get his game together or he's going to start heaing whishpers and strong suggestion of changing positions, aka...Tight End if he want to have an NFL career. The Clock is Ticking!!!

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 11:19 AM
52% completion...and only 1 int. He was luck it was raining or Routt would have had 2-3 more that bounced in and out of his hands.

All his passes looked off and was focusing with Llyod. Staring down Llyod prior to throwing to him. WTF was the pump fake to Llyod and then actually throwing to him all about? "Here you go I am throwing it to him, please cover him with the safties"

Throwing it was over receivers heads or throwing low and behind. I mean he looked like sh*t. He might have had 1 3rd down conversion. He failed in the end zone after a Von Miller forced fumble. Failed again when the lost the ball in the red zone.

I was sick watching that game. Not only was the O-Line playing like crap, Orton telegraphed his throws and sat there for 2 long and called crappy audibles. They are rushing so put no player in the flats and have everyone wide. Horrible defense reading there buddy.

Npba900
09-13-2011, 11:20 AM
That doesnt seem to be helping.
ELWAY-" You mean you cant throw a frozen rope 70 yards through a swinging tire!?!?"
TEBOW-"Nope. But i can run around!! Wanna see me?!?!"

ELWAY-"Sighs"

ELWAY-"Sighs".......boy we are screwed!!!!:D

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Why put in Josh McDaniels creation-headache! Hell not even McDaniels wanted TT to start as a rookie and who's to say had McD not gotten fired that T2 would not be holding the clip board as the 3rd string QB as well!!!

Evidently EFX has realized just as McD realized....Tebow is much more RAW than anyone realized!!

Ya don't hear McD coming to T2's defense do you????

Tebow will have the 2012 offseason to get his game together or he's going to start heaing whishpers and strong suggestion of changing positions, aka...Tight End if he want to have an NFL career. The Clock is Ticking!!!

Why dont you go troll another thread today.

Thnikkaman
09-13-2011, 11:21 AM
BS (may I call you BS?)

Please take a lap for posting a Kizzla article. Kizzla is a hack and he hates Denver Sports.

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Elway will be grading, evaluating, and scouting on trying to find a Franchise QB to draft in 2012 more so than he will try to develop the current 3 QB's on the Broncos roster. Not that Quinn, KO or T2 are unsalvageable, but the cream of the crop always rises to the top and Elway already knows he's got to find a Franchise QB in the draft because NFL teams who have franchise qb's ain't interested in giving them up in block buster trade deals.

Right now the situation is Denver is rather hopeless at the QB position and EFX will go for broke in 2012 to try and draft a Franchise QB.

You know you make an ass out of yourself when you make assumptions?:welcome:

Npba900
09-13-2011, 11:28 AM
52% completion...and only 1 int. He was luck it was raining or Routt would have had 2-3 more that bounced in and out of his hands.

All his passes looked off and was focusing with Llyod. Staring down Llyod prior to throwing to him. WTF was the pump fake to Llyod and then actually throwing to him all about? "Here you go I am throwing it to him, please cover him with the safties"

Throwing it was over receivers heads or throwing low and behind. I mean he looked like sh*t. He might have had 1 3rd down conversion. He failed in the end zone after a Von Miller forced fumble. Failed again when the lost the ball in the red zone.

I was sick watching that game. Not only was the O-Line playing like crap, Orton telegraphed his throws and sat there for 2 long and called crappy audibles. They are rushing so put no player in the flats and have everyone wide. Horrible defense reading there buddy.

Quinn and Tebow also lock on to their WR's and telegraph their throws as well. The Broncos as EFX has realized have a real QB crisis in Denver.

On the one hand you've got a career back up in KO starting, you have a journeyman backup in Quinn who may find himself modeling and out of the league; and then of course you have a polarizing Tebow who is very raw and who fans foolishly believe all they have to do is boo Orton and EFX will say---"We Gotta Start Tebow" before the fans vandalize our property and kidnap our families!!!!:rolleyes:

EFX have got to fix this situation or risk the Franchise becoming the Buffaloe Bills of the NFL.....who by which has seemed to have found their franchise QB in Frizerald.

Npba900
09-13-2011, 11:29 AM
You know you make an ass out of yourself when you make assumptions?:welcome:

Ooops here comes the prima donna.....how goes it Mr. Know it all!:tsk:

Npba900
09-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Why dont you go troll another thread today.

Because a TROLL like you refuses to go to another thread!

GEM
09-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Brandon would still rather have KO throw him the ball rather than that "Tebow Thing" (quoted by Brandon:D) throwing him unpredictable wobbly-in-the-dirt inaccurate passes.:lol:

You just described Orton from last night. Just sayin.

Either Orton or Tebow....we suck at the QB position.

GEM
09-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Guys stop with the personal crap. Talk about the Broncos without the personal comments or find a troll message board to toss around the personal barbs.

TXBRONC
09-13-2011, 11:39 AM

Hell North most of us not named Top ever believed Orton is a difference maker. :lol:

Mike
09-13-2011, 11:39 AM
BS (may I call you BS?)

Please take a lap for posting a Kizzla article. Kizzla is a hack and he hates Denver Sports.

A broken clock....

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Ooops here comes the prima donna.....how goes it Mr. Know it all!:tsk:

Classy name calling there bud.

claymore
09-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Go back and watch those last 3 games from last year and you keep convincing yourself that Tebow would be worse than Orton...

Even if he supposedly can't run the whole playbook he still brings more to the table than Orton.

I'll take Tebow running 50% of the offensive playbook and improvising and making plays while learning on the job, than to watch another abysmal performance by Kyle "I Love to Torch the Prevent" Orton.

Like ive said before. He got progressively worse. If he had more games it would continue to get worse until some of you guys had no faith at all.

He is our worst option at QB. It stings, but once you get over that, and accept Kyle Orton :harf: is our best QB, then you will see things clearer.

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Like ive said before. He got progressively worse. If he had more games it would continue to get worse until some of you guys had no faith at all.

He is our worst option at QB. It stings, but once you get over that, and accept Kyle Orton :harf: is our best QB, then you will see things clearer.

Compare how Tebow played in his FIRST ever start as QB in the blackhole and look at last night. Tebow out played Orton against the raiders. Orton has played them and does not do well against them. Only reason we were not blown out is because Oakland had sooooo many penalties and our defense is improved.

I am still wondering what happened to Run first from Fox?

claymore
09-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Compare how Tebow played in his FIRST ever start as QB in the blackhole and look at last night. Tebow out played Orton against the raiders. Orton has played them and does not do well against them. Only reason we were not blown out is because Oakland had sooooo many penalties and our defense is improved.

I am still wondering what happened to Run first from Fox?

In Tebows first game we had the advantage of surprise. New Interm HC, and zero game tape on Tebow. They had no way to prepare for us. AND we still lost!!!

Run first Fox doesnt have a good offense. McDaniels forced this team to pass first, and we cannot overcome that in one year.

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 12:02 PM
In Tebows first game we had the advantage of surprise. New Interm HC, and zero game tape on Tebow. They had no way to prepare for us. AND we still lost!!!

Run first Fox doesnt have a good offense. McDaniels forced this team to pass first, and we cannot overcome that in one year.

3 games is still not a lot of tape to learn how a QB will play though. Fox might be learning Moreno is not the best RB we got.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 12:56 PM

Kyle Orton's last 3 games:

@KC: 9/28, 32.1%, 117 YDS, 0 TDs, 0 INTs
@AZ: 19/41, 46.3%, 166 YDS, 0 TDs, 3 INTs
OAK: 24/46, 52.2%, 304 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT

Tim Tebow's last 3 games:

@OAK: 8/16, 50.0%, 138 YDS, 1TD, 0 INTs, 78 RushYDS, 1 TD
HOU: 16/29, 55.2%, 308 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT, 27 RushYDS, 1 TD
SD: 16/36, 44.4%, 205 YDS, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 94 RushYDS, 1 TD

I think the argument is starting to become less about how good or bad Tebow might be, and more about how bad we know Orton is...

Tebow's prospects aside, Orton should be benched just based on his own performance. Tebow has shown he will certainly do no worse.

This bile that is regurgitated over and over that Orton gives us the best chance to win loses more credibility as each week passes.

I don't care how great the guy looks in a controlled 7 on 7 environment...Save that crap for the arena league. When the lights are on he sucks and that's what counts.

It's like having a competitive shooter who can hit a dime from a mile away but would piss his pants if he were in Afghanistan with Taliban actually shooting back at him.

Tned
09-13-2011, 01:04 PM
You just described Orton from last night. Just sayin.

Either Orton or Tebow....we suck at the QB position.

Either the last drive, or second to last, Orton threw two balls in a row, that I am still not sure how they weren't picked. He finished with just over 50% completion rate, but that doesn't really even tell the story of how inaccurate he was.

rationalfan
09-13-2011, 01:20 PM
from don banks at SI.com:

• When I'm watching Kyle Orton play quarterback, I can't help but think I'm watching the league's modern-day Steve DeBerg, who was once aptly described by his head coach, Bill Walsh, as "just good enough to get you beat.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/09/13/fresh.starts/index.html#ixzz1XrG3Mthi

funny.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 01:24 PM
from don banks at SI.com:

• When I'm watching Kyle Orton play quarterback, I can't help but think I'm watching the league's modern-day Steve DeBerg, who was once aptly described by his head coach, Bill Walsh, as "just good enough to get you beat.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/09/13/fresh.starts/index.html#ixzz1XrG3Mthi

funny.

That's too funny...until I remember that he's our QB..:tsk:

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Either the last drive, or second to last, Orton threw two balls in a row, that I am still not sure how they weren't picked. He finished with just over 50% completion rate, but that doesn't really even tell the story of how inaccurate he was.

How many did the Raiders drop that should have been picked at least 2?

jhildebrand
09-13-2011, 01:26 PM

Orton throws the ground balls.TT leads a WR to the point of getting their clock cleaned. At least be accurate if you are going to bash TT.

Orton couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last night on the deep throws and he had time on those throws.

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Orton throws the ground balls.TT leads a WR to the point of getting their clock cleaned. At least be accurate if you are going to bash TT.

Orton couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last night on the deep throws and he had time on those throws.

The Tebow thing is the situation he was referring too not Tebow himself.

jhildebrand
09-13-2011, 01:32 PM
I can't see Tebow striking fear into DC's and keeping them up all night either!

Here's the deal, though. TT played with the same O line last year. He played with the same RB's. He played with the same WR's. He played with the same D.

All performed better. The O put up more points with TT than they did with Orton. That was with TT as raw as he was. The point of offense is to score points. It's not like TT had different weapons than Orton when he was out there.

Some of that was because TT forced teams out of having 8 in the box. Go re-watch the Houston game. They blitzed him and he made them pay. When they put 8 in the box he found a way to complete passes. When they sat back, he ran. That is why everything looked better.

With Orton there has been 8 and 9 guys up front. Unless Orton can consistently beat the blitz and make teams pay, it will be ground hog day every sunday.

jhildebrand
09-13-2011, 01:33 PM
The Tebow thing is the situation he was referring too not Tebow himself.

He accused TT of being the one who throws the ground balls. We saw that out of Orton. When he isn't getting them blocked at the LOS, he is throwing ground balls.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 01:40 PM
He accused TT of being the one who throws the ground balls. We saw that out of Orton. When he isn't getting them blocked at the LOS, he is throwing ground balls.

Better a ground ball I guess than to the Raiders... No bueno either way. Orton has hijacked this organization for 2+ years now with his ineptitude.

TXBRONC
09-13-2011, 03:28 PM

Even though Orton was good with long ball last year I still don't think it's his strength and imo I think the Raiders thought the same thing. Sticking eight guys in the box is a dare to go over the top.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 03:36 PM
It's really as simple as this...

We can't get a running game going because teams consistently stack 8 men in the box to stuff the run, challenging Orton to beat them.

They give him the underneath stuff because they know his career 58% completion isn't good enough to sustain multiple long drives.

In today's NFL with the way the rules are set up to be a passing league, 58% won't cut it unless you are bringing some serious playmaking skills to the equation.

Orton does not posess these playmaking abilities, and DC's simply have him figured out.

If his main attribute is supposedly his accuracy and ball security, then it might be time to move on if he has 6 turnovers and less than 50% completion in his last few outings.

Orton no longer brings anything to the table.

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 04:08 PM
It's really as simple as this...

We can't get a running game going because teams consistently stack 8 men in the box to stuff the run, challenging Orton to beat them.

They give him the underneath stuff because they know his career 58% completion isn't good enough to sustain multiple long drives.

In today's NFL with the way the rules are set up to be a passing league, 58% won't cut it unless you are bringing some serious playmaking skills to the equation.

Orton does not posess these playmaking abilities, and DC's simply have him figured out.

If his main attribute is supposedly his accuracy and ball security, then it might be time to move on if he has 6 turnovers and less than 50% completion in his last few outings.

Orton no longer brings anything to the table.

I cant handle 1 game played like this. How many games until Fox realizes that the other teams are beating him through his QB?

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 04:22 PM
I cant handle 1 game played like this. How many games until Fox realizes that the other teams are beating him through his QB?

Its going to take a while...Fox seems to be pretty loyal and sticks to his guns.

Any change to the QB position would be an admission that he was wrong, and HC's have massive egos.

He will most likely stick with Orton until we are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Its going to take a while...Fox seems to be pretty loyal and sticks to his guns.

Any change to the QB position would be an admission that he was wrong, and HC's have massive egos.

He will most likely stick with Orton until we are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

So as soon as we either go 0-7 or get 7 losses, gotcha.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 05:36 PM
It won't matter. Orton isn't going to last the season anyway, he never has. He'll get banged up, hide the injury to keep his job, lose Denver games, and then get pulled when the coach is about to get strung by his genitals from the angry mob of lifetime Broncos fans.

Orton is an offense-killing plague that presents the biggest quandry of all, he isn't good enough to start but he isn't bad enough to suck, he is just there, holding back offenses and pissing off fans who spend a lot of money on tickets and merchandise.

F' Josh McDaniels for trading Cutler for this sad excuse of a QB.

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 05:40 PM
It won't matter. Orton isn't going to last the season anyway, he never has. He'll get banged up, hide the injury to keep his job, lose Denver games, and then get pulled when the coach is about to get strung by his genitals from the angry mob of lifetime Broncos fans.

Orton is an offense-killing plague that presents the biggest quandry of all, he isn't good enough to start but he isn't bad enough to suck, he is just there, holding back offenses and pissing off fans who spend a lot of money on tickets and merchandise.

Well if he learns to throw screen passes or read blitzes to make sure he someone to pick them up then he should last a little bit longer. He is has more games like last night he wont last too much longer.

jhildebrand
09-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Even Dave Logan on the broadcast last night stated how he could not remember a time where a D had 5 men on the line for 12 consecutive plays.

That is the indictment on Orton I have been trying to point out for 2 seasons now. That is what makes running the ball even harder.

Lancane
09-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Even Dave Logan on the broadcast last night stated how he could not remember a time where a D had 5 men on the line for 12 consecutive plays.

That is the indictment on Orton I have been trying to point out for 2 seasons now. That is what makes running the ball even harder.

The only reason that Orton get's any respect is because during McDaniels' tenure his stats were fluffed to high hell, making our passing offense look so great, when indeed it was truly a middle of the road offense. I ask people to look at the stats in 2009, we had Brandon Marshall who made us a legit threat in the passing game and Moreno nearly broke the mile marker that season, the fear of Marshall allowed us to have a much better running game - thus the pass set up the run. The following year, even though Lloyd had a breakout year, he was far less a threat then Marshall, and Orton was no threat at all and our ground statistics fell rather dramatically - Orton's stats were still fluffed but teams realized that Orton can't beat them without Marshall, no matter how good Lloyd was I think the record with Orton as the starter proved as much. We have no run game because we don't have that good of a passing attack to set it up.

jhildebrand
09-13-2011, 07:22 PM
The only reason that Orton get's any respect is because during McDaniels' tenure his stats were fluffed to high hell, making our passing offense look so great, when indeed it was truly a middle of the road offense. I ask people to look at the stats in 2009, we had Brandon Marshall who made us a legit threat in the passing game and Moreno nearly broke the mile marker that season, the fear of Marshall allowed us to have a much better running game - thus the pass set up the run. The following year, even though Lloyd had a breakout year, he was far less a threat then Marshall, and Orton was no threat at all and our ground statistics fell rather dramatically - Orton's stats were still fluffed but teams realized that Orton can't beat them without Marshall, no matter how good Lloyd was I think the record with Orton as the starter proved as much. We have no run game because we don't have that good of a passing attack to set it up.

Even after the 09 season McD tried to trade Orton and was over ruled. That should say something.

getlynched47
09-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Call me crazy, but I hope this turns into a 2010 Matt Moore/ Jimmy Clausen situation, where Matt Moore faceplants the first 2 weeks and then Fox is forced to bench him.

Only difference is that I expect much better play by Quinn/Tebow if and when Kyle Orton gets benched. Nothing comparable to the debacle that is Jimmy Clausen.

?
This post prolly doent make sense. I've had a few drinks, so dont mind me :)

getlynched47
09-13-2011, 07:59 PM

This.

Orton belongs in the CFL.