PDA

View Full Version : So who should the Broncos start at QB for game 2?

Pages : [1] 2

weazel
09-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Orton looked horrible... do we stick with him?

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 12:44 AM
I want a shot. I still got some magic in this left-arm, put me in EFX!

weazel
09-13-2011, 12:45 AM
I say Tebow... the fans think its the thing to do, show them what he can do.
If he shines then go with it, if he shits then the fans know they were wrong

Nick
09-13-2011, 12:46 AM
Adrew Luck, Elway can make it happen!

Day1BroncoFan
09-13-2011, 12:47 AM
One that can win

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 12:48 AM
I say Tebow... the fans think its the thing to do, show them what he can do.
If he shines then go with it, if he shits then the fans know they were wrong

I know you're being a smartass. Orton suck, no doubt. Orton is killing his own free agent value - which he appears to covet. Tebow is better on gameday than Orton and he gives you a better chance to win. If you start Tebow you have to stick with him as he is a young and developing QB.

Orton is Orton. This is what those of us who aren't fickle expected. Orton isn't very good, nothing new here.

By the way, Cutler just played near perfection against a Super Bowl contender. We got screwed.

Carry on.

sneakers
09-13-2011, 12:50 AM
I picked orton because you know, he won the job coming out of camp...and he really does give us the best chance to win.

Nick
09-13-2011, 12:51 AM
I think if elway went to Cali, Put a bag on Luck's head, We would have best chance to win. :welcome:

TaylorK47
09-13-2011, 01:03 AM
ANYBODY BUT ORTON! IDK about Tebow but what I do know is Id rather have Tebow than Orton

gobroncsnv
09-13-2011, 01:03 AM
The o line can't run block.. Nor pass block... The d can't hold the point against the run... Is decker the only player worth keeping?

Ok, ok, i won't pass these kinds of judgements after only one game. Fox has a lot of work to do, to turn this bunch into a team. We have some occasional bright spots, but i'm not tossing anybody until the team gets some direction, coaching, and used to each other. Wasn't really looking for the big turnaround as far down as we were taken, at least, not this year. Would be ecstatic with a pleasant surprise, but my expectations are kind of low yet.

Ravage!!!
09-13-2011, 01:05 AM
Just watching Orton bores the living tears out of me. I remembered he bored me last season, I just forgot how MUCH he bored me until watching him.

I'm done. Lets get Tebow in the game, so at least we can watch the Broncos with SOME interest. If nothing else, it makes the games interesting.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Just watching Orton bores the living tears out of me. I remembered he bored me last season, I just forgot how MUCH he bored me until watching him.

I'm done. Lets get Tebow in the game, so at least we can watch the Broncos with SOME interest. If nothing else, it makes the games interesting.

I look at it like this...

We're most likely going to lose either way, I would rather watch our team lose in exciting style than in the boring, mind-numbing, and anger-inducing manner of which Orton does it.

CrazyHorse
09-13-2011, 01:13 AM
John Elway. He could probably come out of retirement and do better than any of the quarterbacks on the roster.

CrazyHorse
09-13-2011, 01:13 AM
I'd take Jake Plummer or Brian Griese even.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 01:14 AM
Man, having Plummer right now would be like heaven compared to watching Orton lose games.

Nick
09-13-2011, 01:16 AM
I'd take Cutler but better yet, a fan creaming that kicket before the FG....

Jsteve01
09-13-2011, 01:17 AM
yeah, I mean the cool thing about Tebow is not only will he revolutionize the position but he'll also be able to run block, pass block, and defend the run when he's in there. He's like an 8 tool player.

13 rushes for 38 yards guys....that's the problem

CrazyHorse
09-13-2011, 01:17 AM
Man, having Plummer right now would be like heaven compared to watching Orton lose games.

At least he was somewhat mobile and you could always roll him out on a bootleg to avoid taking a sack, unlike our current starting quarterback.

chazoe60
09-13-2011, 01:23 AM
Christopher Reeves, Stephen Hawking, Sally Field, a garden slug. Anybody but Kyle ******* Orton.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 01:25 AM
yeah, I mean the cool thing about Tebow is not only will he revolutionize the position but he'll also be able to run block, pass block, and defend the run when he's in there. He's like an 8 tool player.

We heard this nonsense last year. Orton doesn't FUMBLE then Denver has a MUCH better shot at winning this game.

Most telling to me is the fact that we were down 10 and it was obvious how few of us had faith Orton could lead a comeback.

Keep excusing the QB play by deflecting to other areas but the blatant and obvious weakness we have under center speaks for itself.

Chad Henne looked a LOT better than Orton today, the Dolphins made the right choice.

NorCalBronco7
09-13-2011, 01:27 AM
Bubby.

chazoe60
09-13-2011, 01:32 AM

Part of the reason we can't run the ball is because teams put eight in the box constantly and blitz the shit out of us because there is not a single DC in the league who is afraid of Kyle Orton. Cover Brandon Lloyd, stack the box, and blitz Orton and it's a guaranteed win against thw Broncos and will be until we get a competent OL and QB.

Day1BroncoFan
09-13-2011, 01:38 AM
Lets look at this reasonably. What did orton do or not do to win this game?

He fumbled and a 14 point spread resulted or at least 10...

Game over

Lancane
09-13-2011, 01:39 AM
Part of the reason we can't run the ball is because teams put eight in the box constantly and blitz the shit out of us because there is not a single DC in the league who is afraid of Kyle Orton. Cover Brandon Lloyd, stack the box, and blitz Orton and it's a guaranteed win against thw Broncos and will be until we get a competent OL and QB.

You mean a competent center and left guard, a quality quarterback and a F'n offensive coordinator that runs a different freakin' offense don't you?

:lol:

sneakers
09-13-2011, 01:40 AM
Can Cleo Lemon be borrowed from the CFL?

Bullgator
09-13-2011, 01:42 AM

He is a 5 tool in baseball though... Hes actually a much better baseball player than football... just loves football more. One hell of a pitcher.

CrazyHorse
09-13-2011, 01:43 AM

I don't know. We haven't heard from our friend Bill Devaroe in while. I can't make a decision until I get his opinion on the matter.

Lancane
09-13-2011, 01:43 AM

Why? Jake Delhomme is still looking for a job!

horsepig
09-13-2011, 01:56 AM
The running game in the NFL is almost kaput. Even the Jets passed like 70%.

(unless you're playing the Broncos)

Can we please get some personell guy in from anywhere? Every team in the league sure seems to have a whole bunch of fatty's they can throw at OLs, except, of course the Broncos.

Tned
09-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Realistically, what record do the Broncos have to have to really consider going with Tebow?

claymore
09-13-2011, 08:46 AM

This is exactly what they are going to do to Tebow. Except he is going to throw pick 6's, and fumble/get hurt.

Northman
09-13-2011, 08:50 AM
I think Tebow should play the year but i wouldnt be opposed to Quinn getting a shot either. But if we need a new QB we need to know what we have in those guys. Orton is just Orton and he's not a gamer. Someone be sure to tell Fox that since he WANTS a gamer on gameday.

Northman
09-13-2011, 08:52 AM

As i sit here crying from both laughter and cringing because of how average Jake was i would have to agree with you.

Northman
09-13-2011, 08:52 AM

So is 24/46 passing.

Northman
09-13-2011, 08:54 AM
We heard this nonsense last year. Orton doesn't FUMBLE then Denver has a MUCH better shot at winning this game.

Most telling to me is the fact that we were down 10 and it was obvious how few of us had faith Orton could lead a comeback.

Keep excusing the QB play by deflecting to other areas but the blatant and obvious weakness we have under center speaks for itself.

Chad Henne looked a LOT better than Orton today, the Dolphins made the right choice.

Great post. Even though i knew at times that Cutler could throw a bad Int at any given moment i still had far more confidence and excitement watching Jay than i ever will with Kyle. I knew once we got down we were screwed. Take away Decker's return and this game isnt even THAT close.

UnderArmour
09-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Realistically, what record do the Broncos have to have to really consider going with Tebow?

We don't know. Nobody knows. What we do know is that Tim Tebow will fight for four quarters and if we aren't doing well, he'll lay his body on the line to keep us in the ball game if he has to. And if we lose, we know he'll take responsibility for it. If he throws an interception or fumbles the football, we'll see him at the press conference the next day and we'll know that he is the person in the world who feels the worst about his miscue. Orton just isn't that and he doesn't have the talent to put the entire weight of the team and the city on his shoulders. Tebow does. He's a competitor and a leader who is capable of putting the game on his shoulders and winning any game. And really, I don't care about the season or records and neither should the players. The only opponent that should matter is the next one. I legitimately believe that Tim Tebow gives us the best chance to win against whoever we play next regardless of what week in the season it is.

And if Tebow falls short, everyone will know that he did everything in his power to win the game. That's why Tebow should be the starter.

claymore
09-13-2011, 09:00 AM
We don't know. Nobody knows. What we do know is that Tim Tebow will fight for four quarters and if we aren't doing well, he'll lay his body on the line to keep us in the ball game if he has to. And if we lose, we know he'll take responsibility for it. If he throws an interception or fumbles the football, we'll see him at the press conference the next day and we'll know that he is the person in the world who feels the worst about his miscue. Orton just isn't that and he doesn't have the talent to put the entire weight of the team and the city on his shoulders. Tebow does. He's a competitor and a leader who is capable of putting the game on his shoulders and winning any game. And really, I don't care about the season or records and neither should the players. The only opponent that should matter is the next one. I legitimately believe that Tim Tebow gives us the best chance to win against whoever we play next regardless of what week in the season it is.

And if Tebow falls short, everyone will know that he did everything in his power to win the game. That's why Tebow should be the starter.
I want a QB that makes me feel good about winning. Not a QB that makes me feel good about losing.

I damn sure dont want a QB putting his body on the line unless its a play off game.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 09:05 AM
I want a QB that makes me feel good about winning. Not a QB that makes me feel good about losing.

I damn sure dont want a QB putting his body on the line unless its a play off game.

I want a QB who doesn't force his OWN fumble on the most crucial drive of the game... I want a QB who doesn't get comically sacked by an arm swat from a DT. I want a QB who I have at least SOME faith in can bring the Broncos back from a deficit.

Orton sucks, it's time to move on. Starting him does this team NO GOOD. If Tebow is THAT bad then he will prove it on the field and Denver will have a shot at Luck. If Tebow ends up turing the corner and looking pretty good, Denver still has a shot at Luck and Tebow has built up trade value.

BigSarge87
09-13-2011, 09:05 AM
That's pretty much where I'm at. If we're going to suck this year, we might as well suck seeing if Tebow can develop.

Getting the team on track is more important that winning this year. Losing with Orton is not getting this team on track for future success.

BroncoNut
09-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Tebow's not ready to start. start getting him some playing time, but he's not ready to start game 2

BigSarge87
09-13-2011, 09:08 AM
At least let Tebow play in the redzone.

Jsteve01
09-13-2011, 09:09 AM

Firstly you can quit being a *****. Secondly Im not trying to say Orton's a franchise qb but what I am trying to say is that Tim Tebow aint fixing the big problems on this team, which are the gaping holes on the interior of the offensive and defensive lines. Sure the Raiders were effective with the blitz but much of what happened was due to our O line getting completely manhandled against a 4 man rush.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 09:10 AM
This is exactly what they are going to do to Tebow. Except he is going to throw pick 6's, and fumble/get hurt.

That doesn't sound much different from what Orton does...

Might as well start the young guy to get him experience.

Northman
09-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Firstly you can quit being a *****. Secondly Im not trying to say Orton's a franchise qb but what I am trying to say is that Tim Tebow aint fixing the big problems on this team, which are the gaping holes on the interior of the offensive and defensive lines. Sure the Raiders were effective with the blitz but much of what happened was due to our O line getting completely manhandled against a 4 man rush.

Unfortuantely Jsteve you are overexaggerating the poor Oline play. While they struggled there were plenty of times when Orton had all day to throw and he still shit himself. Orton played like a rookie QB instead of a veteran even when he had a pocket.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 09:14 AM

Get mad Steve, get real mad... :laugh:

Can't help it I'm usually right. 2 of those "Sacks" were a result of Kyle's feeble inability to move his feet. I've found that when you continually have to make excuses you're usually on the wrong side of the argument.

Dzone
09-13-2011, 09:16 AM
I love Tebow, but with that Offensive line, I hope Tebow stays on the bench for a while.

Npba900
09-13-2011, 09:23 AM
EFX are old school! They ain't letting the fans pick which QB should be starting. The moment EFX allows the fans to pick the starting QB.....they may as well pack their bags and leave town....and resign on their own terms.

claymore
09-13-2011, 09:24 AM
I want a QB who doesn't force his OWN fumble on the most crucial drive of the game... I want a QB who doesn't get comically sacked by an arm swat from a DT. I want a QB who I have at least SOME faith in can bring the Broncos back from a deficit.

Me too!

Orton sucks, it's time to move on. Starting him does this team NO GOOD. If Tebow is THAT bad then he will prove it on the field and Denver will have a shot at Luck. If Tebow ends up turing the corner and looking pretty good, Denver still has a shot at Luck and Tebow has built up trade value.Orton does suck. I dont know what Tebows trade value would be.

Its up to Tebow if he starts. He needs to impress Monday thru Thursday.

Its all on him, there is no conspiracy. The coaching staff that gets paid to win thinks that Tebow gives them the worst chance.

That doesn't sound much different from what Orton does...

Might as well start the young guy to get him experience.
I like Benny hill, but I dont wanna watch it on Sundays.

Bullgator
09-13-2011, 09:26 AM
there are 14 delusional people still voting to watch Orton. what the **** is wrong with you people? Was that a fun game to watch for you guys? did you enjoy your QB play? Do you really hate Tebow THAT much that you are willing to watch your TEAM suffer at the hands of limpy leggs Orton? You guys are sick satanic puppies.

Npba900
09-13-2011, 09:30 AM

Another cool thing about Tebow is I can acutally see him converting to TE and becoming a main target for Andrew Luck in 3 years!!!!

Tned
09-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Another cool thing about Tebow is I can acutally see him converting to TE and becoming a main target for Andrew Luck in 3 years!!!!

Highly doubtful.

BigSarge87
I love Tebow, but with that Offensive line, I hope Tebow stays on the bench for a while.

The online is the reason I think Tebow gives us a better chance to win.

Watching Orton run (or walk) right into Seymore on that sack was so frustrating.

Tebow easily could have gotten out of the pocket on that play and had a chance to make something happen.

Npba900
there are 14 delusional people still voting to watch Orton. what the **** is wrong with you people? Was that a fun game to watch for you guys? did you enjoy your QB play? Do you really hate Tebow THAT much that you are willing to watch your TEAM suffer at the hands of limpy leggs Orton? You guys are sick satanic puppies.

I don't hate Tebow nor Orton. Both will play key roles in helping the Broncos draft either Luck or Landry in 2012!:D

MOtorboat
09-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Let's see if NFL defenses really can defend the old Husker-I Back Triple Option. Put Tebow under center, McGahee as the upback, Moreno as the I-Back and Fells as the H-Back for the full house if needed.

SOCALORADO.
09-13-2011, 09:33 AM

I dont know about that either. I mean Bullgator thinks ortons sucks, and i gotta agree, but if tebow cant figure out how to run plays from under center and beat out orton, then i dont know if he can play TE.
Poor, tebow. Stuck in limbo.

SUCK4LUCK

Bullgator
09-13-2011, 09:34 AM
EFX are old school! They ain't letting the fans pick which QB should be starting. The moment EFX allows the fans to pick the starting QB.....they may as well pack their bags and leave town....and resign on their own terms.

Just because the fans are pushing for a guy to play , that doesnt mean that EFX should be spiteful and not play him just cuz hes the fans pick.

This franchise will suffer so long as KO is at the helm period. A young and passionate Tebow would have made clutch plays at the end and almost certainly would have won that game... news flash Oakland SUCKS, wait till we actually play a good team.

Just ******* start Teebs and see what you have! whats the worst that can happen we are already losing games out the ass going back 2+ years now. Quit stalling and throw the kid into the fire and see what hes made of, one way or the other!

SOCALORADO.
09-13-2011, 09:34 AM
I don't hate Tebow nor Orton. Both will play key roles in helping the Broncos draft either Luck or Landry in 2012!:D

Or Barkley!:D

BigSarge87
09-13-2011, 09:36 AM
Another thing about playing Tebow is if he shows any kind of promise at all then we can use our 1st next year to get some line help. That would be huge.

Npba900
09-13-2011, 09:36 AM
The online is the reason I think Tebow gives us a better chance to win.

Watching Orton run (or walk) right into Seymore on that sack was so frustrating.

Tebow easily could have gotten out of the pocket on that play and had a chance to make something happen.

Perhaps so.....however, keep in mind Tebow will not last long in the season or career wise if he plays the way the Tebow fans want him to play. The players in the NFL will set Tebow down the road to Concussion City, Neck Injuries, shoulder injuries, and knee injuries. Hence for his safety and future trade value EFX wants Tebow to learn how play QB from the pocket.

Npba900
09-13-2011, 09:38 AM

Yep! Barkley as well.

BroncoNut
Let's see if NFL defenses really can defend the old Husker-I Back Triple Option. Put Tebow under center, McGahee as the upback, Moreno as the I-Back and Fells as the H-Back for the full house if needed.

Could you provide a diagram of that formation?

Northman

Pipe down squeeky.

Northman
09-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Could you provide a diagram of that formation?

http://www.osovo.com/diagram/vaginadiagram.gif

BigSarge87
09-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Just because the fans are pushing for a guy to play , that doesnt mean that EFX should be spiteful and not play him just cuz hes the fans pick.

This franchise will suffer so long as KO is at the helm period. A young and passionate Tebow would have made clutch plays at the end and almost certainly would have won that game... news flash Oakland SUCKS, wait till we actually play a good team.

Just ******* start Teebs and see what you have! whats the worst that can happen we are already losing games out the ass going back 2+ years now. Quit stalling and throw the kid into the fire and see what hes made of, one way or the other!

Oakland might not be a good team yet but they are getting there fast. Their lines, both offense and defense, are some of the better ones in the league. Their coaching was outstanding last night. Their play calling was very impressive, they kept Miller and Doom in check with screens and draws all night.

I hate the Raiders as much as anyone but like it or not, they definately look to be on the right track.

Npba900
09-13-2011, 09:41 AM

The Franchise will continue to suffer until they find away to draft a Franchise QB and not hang its fortune on non-Franchise-Fan Favorite QB who should not have been drafted number 1 in the first place. You don't start a QB who should have been drafted 3rd or 4th in the 2010 draft just to soothe over the fans.

TXBRONC
09-13-2011, 09:42 AM

0-4.

Bullgator
09-13-2011, 09:43 AM
I dont know about that either. I mean Bullgator thinks ortons sucks, and i gotta agree, but if tebow cant figure out how to run plays from under center and beat out orton, then i dont know if he can play TE.
Poor, tebow. Stuck in limbo.

SUCK4LUCK

Check this out... I have a revolutionary Idea...

How about you tailor an offensive scheme to your natural talent? Why the hell does Tebow need to be a Tom Brady?

Why does Tebow need to be under center at all? Whats wrong with the shotgun? KO was in the shotgun a hell of a lot last night. And was brady for that matter.

Build a scheme around Tim's talent and quit trying to make him into something hes not.

Tim is a hybrid QB, hes as good a runner as he is a passer if not better... so he needs to line up like a hybrid! he needs to get the snap in a position to do BOTH. Thats the shotgun. build some play action around that... jab steps, draw plays, sweeps power runs, end arounds, triple options... let your play makers make plays instead of trying to shove his square ass in a round hole.

Npba900
09-13-2011, 09:44 AM
http://www.osovo.com/diagram/vaginadiagram.gif

Don't look now but as a self-trained gynocologist....I see a tumor/cyst developing on the left ovary!:laugh:

SOCALORADO.
09-13-2011, 09:45 AM
The Franchise will continue to suffer until they find away to draft a Franchise QB and not hang its fortune on non-Franchise-Fan Favorite QB who should not have been drafted number 1 in the first place. You don't start a QB who should have been drafted 3rd or 4th in the 2010 draft just to soothe over the fans.

Theres another aspect to starting tebow that many are not considering, and that is if he plays poorly, or cant really improve on any of the glaring QB issues that he has, and he continues to just sorta run around and try to make things happen, it may hurt DENs ability to trade him in the offseason when Elway goes and gets his franchise QB.

slim
09-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Orton was so bad last night...I don't see how anyone can say that Tebow would have faired worse. In fact, I think it's likely that we win that game if Tebow plays. At least we would have had a chance for some postive yards when the plays broke down (which was basically every play).

MOtorboat
09-13-2011, 09:46 AM

How about you tailor an offensive scheme to your natural talent? Why the hell does Tebow need to be a Tom Brady?

Why does Tebow need to be under center at all? Whats wrong with the shotgun? KO was in the shotgun a hell of a lot last night. And was brady for that matter.

Build a scheme around Tim's talent and quit trying to make him into something hes not.

Tim is a hybrid QB, hes as good a runner as he is a passer if not better... so he needs to line up like a hybrid! he needs to get the snap in a position to do BOTH. Thats the shotgun. build some play action around that... jab steps, draw plays, sweeps power runs, end arounds, triple options... let your play makers make plays instead of trying to shove his square ass in a round hole.

Because it won't work.

BroncoJoe
09-13-2011, 09:48 AM
I'd venture a guess Tom Brady spends between 30-40% of the time out of the shotgun.

SOCALORADO.

Unfortunately this is the NFL. Not college or arena football.
I dont think Elway and Bowlen are gonna buy into running the "run and shoot"
in DEN. Sorry, dude.:lol:

SUCK4LUCK

BigSarge87
Perhaps so.....however, keep in mind Tebow will not last long in the season or career wise if he plays the way the Tebow fans want him to play. The players in the NFL will set Tebow down the road to Concussion City, Neck Injuries, shoulder injuries, and knee injuries. Hence for his safety and future trade value EFX wants Tebow to learn how play QB from the pocket.

I'm sick of hearing that, he'll learn very quickly (and kind of already has) that he can't take hits like that.

It's not like they would want him to take on LB's every play. We're just saying he could scramble once in a while when the pocket breaks down and make a play to keep a drive going or score in the redzone. That's all.

Bullgator
09-13-2011, 09:49 AM

The problem is you dont know shit about Tim being a franchise QB or not. You just hate the kid period. When he gets a shot and shits the bed you can talk... for now your a just a hater.

All you Tebow haters act like hes been given multiple shots and failed miserably. Doods been solid in every chance hes gotten on the field.

And he was a number 2 pick sally... Thomas was number 1.

Npba900
09-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Theres another aspect to starting tebow that many are not considering, and that is if he plays poorly, or cant really improve on any of the glaring QB issues that he has, and he continues to just sorta run around and try to make things happen, it may hurt DENs ability to trade him in the offseason when Elway goes and gets his franchise QB.

This could very well be the scenario as well. Also, lets not forget the escalating bonuses in TT's contract that's based upon the number of games he starts and plays as another possible factor in his playing time.

SOCALORADO.
09-13-2011, 09:51 AM
This could very well be the scenario as well. Also, lets not forget the escalating bonuses in TT's contract that's based upon the number of games he starts and plays as another possible factor in his playing time.

And injuries! DEN i am sure wants to keep him as healthy as possible so theres no hang ups when trading him.

BigSarge87
09-13-2011, 09:52 AM

BG When we first got Tebow I thought this would work too, but now I just think it would be too easy for professional defenses to gameplan for. Pros are just too big and too fast for this to work for more than a couple games. He's got to be able to make it in the pocket first. If he can be a legitimate, consistent threat in the pocket then he'll be a star. He's got to develop that first.

BroncoJoe
09-13-2011, 09:53 AM
BG When we first got Tebow I thought this would work too, but now I just think it would be too easy for professional defenses to gameplan for. Pros are just too big and too fast for this to work for more than a couple games. He's got to be able to make it in the pocket first. If he can be a legitimate, consistent threat in the pocket then he'll be a star. He's got to develop that first.

And that won't happen until he gets playing time.

Bullgator
09-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Unfortunately this is the NFL. Not college or arena football.
I dont think Elway and Bowlen are gonna buy into running the "run and shoot"
in DEN. Sorry, dude.:lol:

SUCK4LUCK

why not???? what the hell do you know about football that tells you that you cant create any formation in the world if it works?

sorry an but "this is the NFL" is the dumbest thing i ever heard. What works, works no matter what the name of the league is. stop being haughty and acting like one formation is better than another. There is no bad strategy only a strategy that is played at the wrong time.

Our strength lies in a semi spread formation out of the shotgun.

Btw the run and shoot worked for years in the NFL AND what i mentioned isnt even CLOSE to the run and shoot. learn your play styles!

BigSarge87
09-13-2011, 09:55 AM
I think Tebows trade value is pretty low on our priority list right now.

SOCALORADO.
09-13-2011, 09:56 AM

Right. Sure. Playing in actual NFL games against teams that KNOW your glaring weaknesses with a sub par O line is just where you develop the mechanics and timing to play in a pro-style offense, under center.
Yeah, thats a good plan. I wonder why EFX dont get that?!?:lol:

Tned
I'd venture a guess Tom Brady spends between 30-40% of the time out of the shotgun.

Manning typically struggles when forced into Shotgun. I don't think a team can run much shotgun and be successful.

HORSEPOWER 56
The bottom line for me is, the offense needs a shot in the arm and Orton's just not the guy to do it. I have no faith in Quinn after what I saw vs the Cards so that leaves you know who...

slim
And injuries! DEN i am sure wants to keep him as healthy as possible so theres no hang ups when trading him.

I am surprised you are not leading the charge to play Tebow. If he sucks as bad as you say, then we are almost guaranteed the first pick in the draft.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-13-2011, 09:57 AM
Manning typically struggles when forced into Shotgun. I don't think a team can run much shotgun and be successful.

The funny thing is, we were in the shotgun probably 70-80% of the time last night and we have this shotgun QB who's a beast playing in that type of offense sitting on the bench...

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Quinn has 4 votes... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

HORSEPOWER 56

With the FIRST STRING OFFENSE...

BroncoJoe
Right. Sure. Playing in actual NFL games against teams that KNOW your glaring weaknesses with a sub par O line is just where you develop the mechanics and timing to play in a pro-style offense, under center.

Release the anger, SoCal. It'll do you a wonder of good.

Tell me how what you posted above is any different whether Orton or Tebow is playing?

Tned
09-13-2011, 09:59 AM
The funny thing is, we were in the shotgun probably 70-80% of the time last night and we have this shotgun QB who's a beast playing in that type of offense sitting on the bench...

Kind of ironic, isn't it. What did we have, 25 yards passing? Probably could have gotten that with draws/delays running out of Shotgun, or toss/sweeps out of shotgun, not to mention little swing pass, quasi runs.

SOCALORADO.
09-13-2011, 09:59 AM
why not???? what the hell do you know about football that tells you that you cant create any formation in the world if it works?

sorry an but "this is the NFL" is the dumbest thing i ever heard. What works, works no matter what the name of the league is. stop being haughty and acting like one formation is better than another. There is no bad strategy only a strategy that is played at the wrong time.

Our strength lies in a semi spread formation out of the shotgun.

Btw the run and shoot worked for years in the NFL AND what i mentioned isnt even CLOSE to the run and shoot. learn your play styles!

The run and shoot never worked in the NFL. And TT is not Warren Moon anyways! :lol: Warren Moon is/was lightyears ahead of TT as a QB, as if it even matters!
Dude, just stop. It aint happening.

SOCALORADO.
09-13-2011, 10:00 AM
I am surprised you are not leading the charge to play Tebow. If he sucks as bad as you say, then we are almost guaranteed the first pick in the draft.

Never underestimate the suckage or "The Orton"!:lol:

BigSarge87
09-13-2011, 10:00 AM

Umm yeah, actually I think that's the best time to learn how to understand and adjust your weaknesses. See how teams are going to play you and learn how to exploit it. He can't get that holding a clipboard and getting no reps in practice.

Slick
09-13-2011, 10:01 AM

He has too much fun shitting on tebow just to get a rise out of people.

Bullgator
09-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Because it won't work.

Go back to last year and being 17 down to Houston... If you have that game on tape go look. They tried to play straight ball for the first hald and let Tebow loose in the second. They let him play in the shotgun almost every play and let him play his style of ball and vwala! only win this franchise has had in IDK how long.

IT DOES WORK.

Putting defenses in a pickle works no matter what the scheme is. play action is not just run out from under center. If you can draw in the LBs or freeze the safety thats the key... shotgun center dont matter.

the shot gun is better for TT cuz hes already in position to make a throw or run. its just naturally better. and especially for TT cuz of his time consuming motion.

slim
09-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Never underestimate the suckage or "The Orton"!:lol:

Well Orton "lead" us to 3 points in that game (I will not give him credit for the touchdown in garbage time). So if the plan is to lose, I think Fox is on to something.

SOCALORADO.
09-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Release the anger, SoCal. It'll do you a wonder of good.

Tell me how what you posted above is any different whether Orton or Tebow is playing?

What your saying is that TT will develop as a QB in the scheme DEN wants to run during the season!?!? Did you see last nights game!?!?
What, you think Fox is gonna open up the playbook and run all those plays from under center that TT couldnt run in pre season games!??!
Whats the point!?! If you cant do it in practice or a preseason game, you sure as hell cant do it with guys looking to KILL you!
I understand that you just want him to get playing time, cause hes cool, and he can run around and stuff, and thats fine, but there wont be any development of him as a more polished QB.

AlWilsonizKING
I find it hard to believe that if another QB was in the game for us, that the receivers would have caught the DROPPED passes, there would have been no HOLDING calls to push us back in long situations (I mean when was the last time a QB had a holding call) and we would have made the FG we missed.

We are fans and as far as I know DO NOT get paid to make the teams decisions...do WE see the 3 QBs in practice?? NO. Do WE forget that every QB since Plummer has sucked?? We must because every QB in waiting is SO MUCH better than what we have.....and when the Broncos put them in and they suck also, we bash them and want the next one under the wings.

Kind of makes me sad that the fans cannot support the decisions of the TEAM. The TEAM lost this game, not one person or position.

PEACE!!!

BigSarge87
Go back to last year and being 17 down to Houston... If you have that game on tape go look. They tried to play straight ball for the first hald and let Tebow loose in the second. They let him play in the shotgun almost every play and let him play his style of ball and vwala! only win this franchise has had in IDK how long.

IT DOES WORK.

Putting defenses in a pickle works no matter what the scheme is. play action is not just run out from under center. If you can draw in the LBs or freeze the safety thats the key... shotgun center dont matter.

the shot gun is better for TT cuz hes already in position to make a throw or run. its just naturally better. and especially for TT cuz of his time consuming motion.

Dude, your missing the point. It worked in that game. It might work in a game or two this year also, but it won't work year in and year out when teams know that's all they have to prepare for to stop Denver. I like Tebow and I think he should play soon, but if he can't be consistent under center then he's never going to amount to anything.

BigSarge87
09-13-2011, 10:09 AM
I find it hard to believe that if another QB was in the game for us, that the receivers would have caught the DROPPED passes, there would have been no HOLDING calls to push us back in long situations (I mean when was the last time a QB had a holding call) and we would have made the FG we missed.

We are fans and as far as I know DO NOT get paid to make the teams decisions...do WE see the 3 QBs in practice?? NO. Do WE forget that every QB since Plummer has sucked?? We must because every QB in waiting is SO MUCH better than what we have.....and when the Broncos put them in and they suck also, we bash them and want the next one under the wings.

Kind of makes me sad that the fans cannot support the decisions of the TEAM. The TEAM lost this game, not one person or position.

PEACE!!!

Yeah, all those mistakes would have still happened. But the QB is the one position you have to have solid play from. Tebow's ability to extend plays very well could have won us that game despite the poor play from the rest of the team.

Bullgator
09-13-2011, 10:09 AM

Manning struggles when forced into a shotgun because hes getting pressure and he cant run and escape that pressure.

for a pocket passer to be forced into shotgun generally means that they are forced to throw out of necessity and the D knows that... when you have a QB who cant run then the only thing you have to keep the D honest is the draw play.

BUT for a player like TT you never know if hes going to run or pass and the D is kept more than honest.

a team with a cam newton or a TT and the helm CAN be successful out of the shotgun.

and you know what? no more blanket statements like "that wont work"... give me a reason schematically why.. talk some football not the same shit you heard on TV.. you guys dont even know why it would or wouldnt work.

MOtorboat
09-13-2011, 10:10 AM

IT DOES WORK.

Sorry, it's not going to work consistently for 16 games. This is nothing new, its just apparently new to college fans who've never watched the NFL.

Nearly every linebacker in the league is faster than Tebow. Any scheme like that would be smoke and mirrors, which might work in two or three games a season. The NFL is a passers league, and Tebow will have to become that if he wants to succeed.

AlWilsonizKING
09-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Well Orton "lead" us to 3 points in that game (I will not give him credit for the touchdown in garbage time). So if the plan is to lose, I think Fox is on to something.

I do believe that John Elway had a few TD's during what you call "Garbage Time" that aided in his record number of COMEBACKS. We still had a shot to win if the D stopped them on the last drive..."Garbage Time" to me is when the game is completely out of reach. IMO

PEACE!!!

BroncoJoe
What your saying is that TT will develop as a QB in the scheme DEN wants to run during the season!?!? Did you see last nights game!?!?
What, you think Fox is gonna open up the playbook and run all those plays from under center that TT couldnt run in pre season games!??!
Whats the point!?! If you cant do it in practice or a preseason game, you sure as hell cant do it with guys looking to KILL you!
I understand that you just want him to get playing time, cause hes cool, and he can run around and stuff, and thats fine, but there wont be any development of him as a more polished QB.

100% wrong there buddy. I want him to play because Orton will not be a Bronco next year. We HAVE to see what he can bring to the table - if anything.

Orton is not going to take us anywhere with this team. Too many holes. Why not see what we have?

Tned
Manning struggles when forced into a shotgun because hes getting pressure and he cant run and escape that pressure.

I was being sarcastic.

Npba900
09-13-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm sick of hearing that, he'll learn very quickly (and kind of already has) that he can't take hits like that.

It's not like they would want him to take on LB's every play. We're just saying he could scramble once in a while when the pocket breaks down and make a play to keep a drive going or score in the redzone. That's all.

I do know today's NFL Defenses will be licking their chops every Sunday to lineup and KNOCK the Ever Living Snot out of Tebow! Another thought, teams will study TT and take away the things he does best (which isn't much at this point) and make him a one dementional player....then things will get ugly real quick.

From witnessing last night the O line broke down a lot so Tebow would have been taking off running more often. The NFL isn't the SEC, everyone is bigger, stronger and faster!!!! Tebow will get hurt out there if he tries to play like he's at Florida. The Broncos are doing TT a favor if you ask me by not starting him because he is so raw and fundamentally and mechanically unsound.

SOCALORADO.
09-13-2011, 10:13 AM
I was being sarcastic.

I saw that!LOL! Manning doesnt struggle in the shotgun!
He doesnt struggle in ANY offensive formation. Just freakin hillarious!

Bullgator
09-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Dude, your missing the point. It worked in that game. It might work in a game or two this year also, but it won't work year in and year out when teams know that's all they have to prepare for to stop Denver. I like Tebow and I think he should play soon, but if he can't be consistent under center then he's never going to amount to anything.

Bigsarge that sounds wise... but whats your reasoning? why ould it nt work long term?

fastball, changeup... how do you scheme against that? thats what we are talking about here.. you keep saying the DC will "figure out how to stop it" expand on that for me tell me how you scheme against apickle? how do you scheme against a fastball, changeup?

MOtorboat
09-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Wait...which Manning are we talking about?

Npba900
09-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Umm yeah, actually I think that's the best time to learn how to understand and adjust your weaknesses. See how teams are going to play you and learn how to exploit it. He can't get that holding a clipboard and getting no reps in practice.

There's always Next Year!!!!! And of course season ending injuries to Orton and Quinn.....then Tebow will nolonger hold the clip board.

Tned
09-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Wait...which Manning are we talking about?

I thought we were talking about Olivia...

AlWilsonizKING
09-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Tebow's ability to extend plays very well could have won us that game despite the poor play from the rest of the team.

Hmmmm and you've seen that from TT where? College..not the NFL. Preseason...the COACHES sure didn't see that. THEY (the coaches) saw better potential in Orton, not Tebow.

I really would have liked to see a defensive stop during the Raiders last drive to give Orton a chance to go for the win and then we would be having a different discussion this morning.

PEACE!!!

Bullgator
09-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Hmmmm and you've seen that from TT where? College..not the NFL. Preseason...the COACHES sure didn't see that. THEY (the coaches) saw better potential in Orton, not Tebow.

I really would have liked to see a defensive stop during the Raiders last drive to give Orton a chance to go for the win and then we would be having a different discussion this morning.

PEACE!!!

saw it in the houston game last year and almost again in the SD game.. dont you watch your team play?

AlWilsonizKING
09-13-2011, 10:24 AM
saw it in the houston game last year and almost again in the SD game.. dont you watch your team play?

Yes I do and I'm pretty sure the COACHES who get paid to make the decisions did too. And I'm sure they saw something during TC and Practice also.

Fans > Coaches....I think not.

PEACE!!!

Npba900
09-13-2011, 10:27 AM
100% wrong there buddy. I want him to play because Orton will not be a Bronco next year. We HAVE to see what he can bring to the table - if anything.

Orton is not going to take us anywhere with this team. Too many holes. Why not see what we have?

Why expose TT to the rest of the league just how raw unpolished, and mechanically and unsound he is at this stage, and thus lowering his trade valure more than what it already is?

The strike of course hindered T2's development and learning a new offense did not help either. However, EFX still know just how RAW T2 truly is in regards to fundamentals, pocket presence, and mechanical deficiencies.

The reality is Tim is a long term 2-3 year project with no guarantees. There are 31 NFL teams that are not banging on the Broncos door to relieve Denver of Tebow either.

I see the Broncos coaching up Tebow to the point to where they can get trade value for him. This prediction will come to light should in next years draft Elway selects a Franchise QB.

slim
09-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Yes I do and I'm pretty sure the COACHES who get paid to make the decisions did too. And I'm sure they saw something during TC and Practice also.

Fans > Coaches....I think not.

PEACE!!!

Sometimes fans get it right and the coach gets it wrong.

See McDaniels, Josh.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 10:30 AM

PEACE!!!

Orton does look better in practice when he's getting no pressure.

Fools gold for coaches...

AlWilsonizKING
09-13-2011, 10:31 AM
sometimes fans get right on the bandwagon and the coach gets it wrong.

See mcdaniels, josh.

stupid caps rule messing up my...

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
09-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Orton does look better in practice when he's getting no pressure.

Fools gold for coaches...

And TT runs around looking like a chicken with his head cut off with pressure.

PEACE!!!

Bullgator
09-13-2011, 10:38 AM

sometimes as coaches , BECAUSE you get paid you may tend to go the safer route, not the BETTER route.

Backing TT is a risk. They would rather go with KO, the media favorite and watch him fail and put the blame on him than go with a player that is a high risk high reward. If Fox starts TT and TT sucks then he will be attacked for it. coaches look out for number 1 no doubt about it.. that means winning most of the time. but if they cant then they go with what looks better for them. plausible deniability.

Jsteve01
09-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Unfortuantely Jsteve you are overexaggerating the poor Oline play. While they struggled there were plenty of times when Orton had all day to throw and he still shit himself. Orton played like a rookie QB instead of a veteran even when he had a pocket.

37 yards on the ground speaks for itself. Most of the rushing yards we had last night were in spite of our poor o line play not the result of good blocking. The line was manhandled

slim
09-13-2011, 10:43 AM
37 yards on the ground speaks for itself. Most of the rushing yards we had last night were in spite of our poor o line play not the result of good blocking. The line was manhandled

The entire offense was crap.

If Oak wasn't handing us 15 yard penalties, I'm not sure we ever make it past mid field.

Jsteve01
09-13-2011, 11:01 AM

IT DOES WORK.

I do agree that you can tailor offenses to fit players but in today's nfl, you have to be able to play under center at some point, and Im sorry but antiquated offensive schemes that utilize a one read and run philosophy wont work in this league.

fwiw I thought Hoge was waaaaay to harsh in his evaluation of Tebow but he made a great point about the difference between the college and NFL game. The most understated is the width of the has marks and the speed of defenders which won't allow a spread offense to be effective long term in this league.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 11:02 AM
And TT runs around looking like a chicken with his head cut off with pressure.

PEACE!!!

Still better than that puke of a performance we saw last night...:coffee:

Clipworthy
09-13-2011, 11:10 AM

0-1.

The Glue Factory
09-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Bigsarge that sounds wise... but whats your reasoning? why ould it nt work long term?

fastball, changeup... how do you scheme against that? thats what we are talking about here.. you keep saying the DC will "figure out how to stop it" expand on that for me tell me how you scheme against apickle? how do you scheme against a fastball, changeup?

Why wouldn't it work? For the reasons Bigsarge mentioned. You haven't watched the NFL much have you? Even Shanahan's zone blocking was figured out. Because it was innovative it took a few years but it was still figured out by DCs.

A package tailored to Tebow's strengths is not innovative and will be figured out within 3 games. By game number 4 you'll see this awesome package get exposed and you'll be crushed as week after week you see Tebow struggle more and more.

To succeed as a passer in the NFL a QB must be able to play from under center. Even Elway acknowledges that and he was everything Tebow is taken to exponential proportions. Elway coming out of college was astronomically more accurate than Tebow and his arm strength is still something out of legend. Plus he played from under center much better than Tebow does.

Given all of that Elway knows what it takes for a QB to be successful in the NFL. Fox does as well (he just doesn't know how to be creative in the offense) and it is for a QB to play well from center and in the pocket. And that is Tebow's biggest weakness.

Clipworthy
09-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Still better than that puke of a performance we saw last night...:coffee:

Tebow may run around like a chicken without a head, but Orton stands there like a mime trapped in an invisible box

BigSarge87
09-13-2011, 11:37 AM

PEACE!!!

I do know today's NFL Defenses will be licking their chops every Sunday to lineup and KNOCK the Ever Living Snot out of Tebow! Another thought, teams will study TT and take away the things he does best (which isn't much at this point) and make him a one dementional player....then things will get ugly real quick.

From witnessing last night the O line broke down a lot so Tebow would have been taking off running more often. The NFL isn't the SEC, everyone is bigger, stronger and faster!!!! Tebow will get hurt out there if he tries to play like he's at Florida. The Broncos are doing TT a favor if you ask me by not starting him because he is so raw and fundamentally and mechanically unsound.

Guys I'm not saying bring in Urban Meyer and install his offense for Tebow. In fact, I'm not convinded Tebow will succeed at all in the NFL. All I'm saying is that if you would have put Tebow in to run the exact same offense Orton did last night, I think he would have been just as accurate and he would have extended plays and scored in the redzone.

I know he can't play like he did in college, no one (except BG) is arguing that.

Orton had a bad game. IMO, we would have won if Tebow started. Maybe Orton comes out next week and plays lights out (although I'm pretty sure he won't, for sure inside the 20) but until the line plays better, Tebow would fair just as well or better than Orton.

weazel
09-13-2011, 11:39 AM

lol, you dont have to borrow him from the CFL... he was released a couple weeks ago. They benched him during a game and then he was on the sideline booing his own team and laughing when they would make a mistake. The guy is a real dirtbag... rumor is a couple of his teammates beat the shit out of him on the way out the door.

Npba900
09-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Bubby.

Vince Young....Anyone or how about Beck from the Redskins???

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 11:46 AM
I think Tebow needs a shot. Give him some games, if he plays horrible, then we will get a better draft pick in 2012. Orton will bore us an do the same as last year.

BigSarge87
09-13-2011, 11:48 AM
If Orton doesn't get the offense rolling by week 4, Tebow is in. However, for every good game Orton has he extends his leash by two games. Just guessing though, just like everyone else.

claymore
09-13-2011, 11:50 AM
I think Tebow needs a shot. Give him some games, if he plays horrible, then we will get a better draft pick in 2012. Orton will bore us an do the same as last year.

Lets let all of our backups play with the ones. Im sure they sucked in practice and are better gamers too.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 11:51 AM
Why wouldn't it work? For the reasons Bigsarge mentioned. You haven't watched the NFL much have you? Even Shanahan's zone blocking was figured out. Because it was innovative it took a few years but it was still figured out by DCs.

A package tailored to Tebow's strengths is not innovative and will be figured out within 3 games. By game number 4 you'll see this awesome package get exposed and you'll be crushed as week after week you see Tebow struggle more and more.

To succeed as a passer in the NFL a QB must be able to play from under center. Even Elway acknowledges that and he was everything Tebow is taken to exponential proportions. Elway coming out of college was astronomically more accurate than Tebow and his arm strength is still something out of legend. Plus he played from under center much better than Tebow does.

Given all of that Elway knows what it takes for a QB to be successful in the NFL. Fox does as well (he just doesn't know how to be creative in the offense) and it is for a QB to play well from center and in the pocket. And that is Tebow's biggest weakness.

Much like the Orton package that was exposed after 6 games in 2009....:coffee:

claymore
09-13-2011, 11:53 AM

It was exposed in week one. He sucks. He has always sucked. And McDaniels offense sucks too.

Npba900
09-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Dam you Pat Bowlen....why couldn't you just leave well enough alone!!! Now look at the mess you have created........:tsk:

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 11:55 AM
If Orton doesn't get the offense rolling by week 4, Tebow is in. However, for every good game Orton has he extends his leash by two games. Just guessing though, just like everyone else.

The problem is that Orton still dinks and dunks at the end of games and gets his inflated numbers without ever seriously contending for the victory....

It kind of gives that false promise that he's not doing all that bad.

In my opinion that is how he kept his starting job so long last year, and I'm afraid that may happen again this year with a new coaching staff who may not be on to his gig yet.....

BigSarge87
09-13-2011, 12:09 PM
It was exposed in week one. He sucks. He has always sucked. And McDaniels offense sucks too.

Jeez Clay, your just a glimmer of sunshine today aren't ya? LOL Hangover much?

BigSarge87
09-13-2011, 12:12 PM
The problem is that Orton still dinks and dunks at the end of games and gets his inflated numbers without ever seriously contending for the victory....

It kind of gives that false promise that he's not doing all that bad.

In my opinion that is how he kept his starting job so long last year, and I'm afraid that may happen again this year with a new coaching staff who may not be on to his gig yet.....

He made a few good throws, just like he does every game. None in the redzone (that was a dink and dunk also).

With our luck he's going to come out next week and move the offense up and down the field for a record number of field goal attempts and secure the starting gig for the rest of the year.

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 12:15 PM
Lets let all of our backups play with the ones. Im sure they sucked in practice and are better gamers too.

Tebow has not had the play time that Quinn or Orton has in the NFL. YOU dont know how he will do. Nobody does. Quinn has had his time, in Cleveland and he sucked bad as a starter.

jhildebrand
09-13-2011, 12:34 PM
I picked orton because you know, he won the job coming out of camp...

He won a job that was designed for him to win.

jhildebrand
09-13-2011, 12:39 PM

If the Broncos are 2 wins or less at the bye, seeing how the first 5 were supposed to be the easiest for this team.

This team has to get a good, long look at TT and decide what they want to do with him-keep him or build trade value.

Ravage!!!
09-13-2011, 12:40 PM
after the by week. Makes the most sense.

jhildebrand
09-13-2011, 12:41 PM
I still want to know where the 10-6 crowd is. I want to know where the people are that were chalking up MIAMI and TN as wins. CJ may set the single game record on us.

Tned
09-13-2011, 12:53 PM
If the Broncos are 2 wins or less at the bye, seeing how the first 5 were supposed to be the easiest for this team.

This team has to get a good, long look at TT and decide what they want to do with him-keep him or build trade value.

This sounds reasonable.

Tned
09-13-2011, 12:54 PM
I still want to know where the 10-6 crowd is. I want to know where the people are that were chalking up MIAMI and TN as wins. CJ may set the single game record on us.

I said I thought they would most likely be in the 6-9 win range, and I'm not going to run away from that after one game. A game that was lost more than anything by mistakes made by multiple people in three phases of the game.

The Glue Factory
09-13-2011, 01:00 PM

Exactly. Now compound that with someone that can only play from the shotgun.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Exactly. Now compound that with someone that can only play from the shotgun.

You mean like 80% our plays from last night?

SOCALORADO.
09-13-2011, 01:08 PM
I said I thought they would most likely be in the 6-9 win range, and I'm not going to run away from that after one game. A game that was lost more than anything by mistakes made by multiple people in three phases of the game.

Go ahead and run. fast.:lol:

jhildebrand
09-13-2011, 01:10 PM

I think 6-9 was reasonable (closer to the 6 anyways). 10 wins was just a huge dream.

swaiy
09-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Coincidentally, the only success Orton had was when he was back in the shotgun slinging it around last night.

To all those saying that teams will key into Tebow, take his running away and make him throw it; what is so different from what we watched last night? The Raiders laughed at the run and damn sure didn't respect the passing game. They dialed up blitz after blitz because they know Orton can't do a damn thing about it.

So much for reading the defense. At one point in the game they ran the same damn blitz twice in a row. Kyle was at the line of scrimmage barking out protection doing his best Peyton impression only to find himself on the ground doing his best fetus impression. Yeah the O-Line sucked but he sucked with them. He held on to the ball for so damn long. I don't know if he was having trouble reading the defense but he threw some terrible balls into coverage. He threw the prettiest pass to that Raider. I won't get into that fumble. If he holds onto his kid any way resembling that football last night, it's going to be retarded. How many passes did he throw into the ground last night?

Sound familiar? At least our other muscly armed QB throws his passes into the dirt with some goddamned authority. They should just send Tebow in. I bet he wins more games on the sheer fact that it's his ass if he doesn't. He'll be playing to keep his job or they'll be drafting his replacement. If that isn't motivation I don't know what is.

Tned
09-13-2011, 02:26 PM
I think 6-9 was reasonable (closer to the 6 anyways). 10 wins was just a huge dream.

I thought 10 or 11 was an unlikely number that would take almost no injuries (especially on O-line, or DE's) and they would have to have some breaks.

Losing one of the games that was considered most winnable, immediately makes 10 or 11 nearly impossible.

Ravage!!!
09-13-2011, 02:31 PM
I thought 10 or 11 was an unlikely number that would take almost no injuries (especially on O-line, or DE's) and they would have to have some breaks.

Losing one of the games that was considered most winnable, immediately makes 10 or 11 nearly impossible.

wins? I was thinking 10-11 losses for sure.... but wins?

Ravage!!!
09-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Coincidentally, the only success Orton had was when he was back in the shotgun slinging it around last night.

To all those saying that teams will key into Tebow, take his running away and make him throw it; what is so different from what we watched last night? The Raiders laughed at the run and damn sure didn't respect the passing game. They dialed up blitz after blitz because they know Orton can't do a damn thing about it.

So much for reading the defense. At one point in the game they ran the same damn blitz twice in a row. Kyle was at the line of scrimmage barking out protection doing his best Peyton impression only to find himself on the ground doing his best fetus impression. Yeah the O-Line sucked but he sucked with them. He held on to the ball for so damn long. I don't know if he was having trouble reading the defense but he threw some terrible balls into coverage. He threw the prettiest pass to that Raider. I won't get into that fumble. If he holds onto his kid any way resembling that football last night, it's going to be retarded. How many passes did he throw into the ground last night?

Sound familiar? At least our other muscly armed QB throws his passes into the dirt with some goddamned authority. They should just send Tebow in. I bet he wins more games on the sheer fact that it's his ass if he doesn't. He'll be playing to keep his job or they'll be drafting his replacement. If that isn't motivation I don't know what is.

It is no different than last night, and thats the complaint. Orton's strength is his throwing from the pocket, while Tebow's strength is running.

If Orton can't throw from the pocket bettr than Tebow, then there is no reason to start Orton over Tebow. Now although I'm VERY much in favor of starting Tebow, I do n't think we can use ths one game (this rainy game) to really accurately say that Orton is normally that bad of a passer. He's certainly shown that he's not.

That being said... the reason Orton is starting is because he's a better reader and passer. If he's not a better passer, then the gap has narrowed. But what we will have is much of the same thing you saw last night.... it wasn't pretty, but then, couldn't be worse.

So I think if we continue to see Orton be such a poor passer from the pocket, then the advantages he has had is completely wiped clean.

Now last night on ESPN radio before the game, we heard a reporter from Denver state that if Orton were to go down, Quinn would be the one coming into the game. He quoted Tebow as saying "I don't expect to see any playing time tonight." So the question is, if Orton isn't the guy, do they even start Tebow in that place?

Probably not right now, but after the bye week I would expect TT to get the starting nod.

Bullgator
09-13-2011, 03:07 PM

there is nothing to figure out. there is no "innovative" scheme for DC to figure out. Its really funny how some of you talk like you know NFL football when you cant even grasp the concept of a pickle.

you defend against A i will do B. you stack against B i will do A... its that simple. being able to both run and throw from the shotgun makes the game 11 on 11. Go ahead son, sit on that fast ball. 67 mph doozy anyone??

If they stack one way or the other and you always have the advantage... because you didnt already hand off or commit to the pass... AT BEST they have to play honest and try and prepare for both... which puts the advantage to the offense. Obviously there will still be blitzes and sacks and bad plays but over the long term the 11 on 11 will win out over 10 vs 11.

there is no gimmick, no scheme to figure out. You guys just dont know what your talking about... you just heard somewhere that the spread wont work in the NFL.. players are faster in the NFL the hash marks are tighter... but you dont know what any of that means. you dont even know what the spread is! all it means is that you put your best players in space to make a play. thats the goal in any league

remember the faster a player is, the more out of position he is if he bites on the play action. there is no better way to play action when every play stems from one trunk... the QB.

the perception is you just cant RUN effectively in the shotgun.. once you go shotgun you sold out to pass... not when you have a gem like TT. PLUS
you get some pitches, options and sweeps and screens in there to threat laterally, you have power runs and 3rd option pitches to the tight end up the gut along with some draw plays to your backs, not to mention a lil wildcat in there... 3 man backfield almost always. both backs can pass protect, flare out draw play, lead block w/e

OH! but you say that's a scheme you say! they will stack linebackers and play laterally! jab step then BOOM deep ball to BLloyd bitches thats how we do it... but im talking to myself.

swaiy
09-13-2011, 03:10 PM
It is no different than last night, and thats the complaint. Orton's strength is his throwing from the pocket, while Tebow's strength is running.

If Orton can't throw from the pocket bettr than Tebow, then there is no reason to start Orton over Tebow. Now although I'm VERY much in favor of starting Tebow, I do n't think we can use ths one game (this rainy game) to really accurately say that Orton is normally that bad of a passer. He's certainly shown that he's not.

That being said... the reason Orton is starting is because he's a better reader and passer. If he's not a better passer, then the gap has narrowed. But what we will have is much of the same thing you saw last night.... it wasn't pretty, but then, couldn't be worse.

So I think if we continue to see Orton be such a poor passer from the pocket, then the advantages he has had is completely wiped clean.

Now last night on ESPN radio before the game, we heard a reporter from Denver state that if Orton were to go down, Quinn would be the one coming into the game. He quoted Tebow as saying "I don't expect to see any playing time tonight." So the question is, if Orton isn't the guy, do they even start Tebow in that place?

Probably not right now, but after the bye week I would expect TT to get the starting nod.

You're right about using one game. I just think this one game will haunt us all season. MNF for all the world to see. I bet the rest of the teams on the schedule are just waiting to blitz the shit out of Orton because they know he isn't mobile and sucks when things break down. I only hope dunderhead McCoy is smart enough to call a damn screen next week.

It seemed like half the freakin playbook was screens the past 2 years. Now when we need one, not one is called. WTF.

MOtorboat
09-13-2011, 03:13 PM
there is nothing to figure out. there is no "innovative" scheme for DC to figure out. Its really funny how some of you talk like you know NFL football when you cant even grasp the concept of a pickle.

you defend against A i will do B. you stack against B i will do A... its that simple. being able to both run and throw from the shotgun makes the game 11 on 11. Go ahead son, sit on that fast ball. 67 mph doozy anyone??

If they stack one way or the other and you always have the advantage... because you didnt already hand off or commit to the pass... AT BEST they have to play honest and try and prepare for both... which puts the advantage to the offense. Obviously there will still be blitzes and sacks and bad plays but over the long term the 11 on 11 will win out over 10 vs 11.

there is no gimmick, no scheme to figure out. You guys just dont know what your talking about... you just heard somewhere that the spread wont work in the NFL.. players are faster in the NFL the hash marks are tighter... but you dont know what any of that means. you dont even know what the spread is! all it means is that you put your best players in space to make a play. thats the goal in any league

remember the faster a player is, the more out of position he is if he bites on the play action. there is no better way to play action when every play stems from one trunk... the QB.

the perception is you just cant RUN effectively in the shotgun.. once you go shotgun you sold out to pass... not when you have a gem like TT. PLUS
you get some pitches, options and sweeps and screens in there to threat laterally, you have power runs and 3rd option pitches to the tight end up the gut along with some draw plays to your backs, not to mention a lil wildcat in there... 3 man backfield almost always. both backs can pass protect, flare out draw play, lead block w/e

OH! but you say that's a scheme you say! they will stack linebackers and play laterally! jab step then BOOM deep ball to BLloyd bitches thats how we do it... but im talking to myself.

Yeah...no. This isn't Madden.

Ravage!!!
09-13-2011, 03:17 PM
I love how he went through that childish explanation, then told us WE don't know what we are talking about

Bullgator
09-13-2011, 03:22 PM

in fact it is madden on its own level. again another generic bullshit rebuttle with no substance. what part of my explanation was childish? let me guess your answer would be all of it. because you have no answer.

it maybe a lot deeper than the few plays i mentioned but any coach will tell you what i said is viable. the problem is it will only work as a shceme when you have TT.. he gets hurt then it wont work... cam would do well in thise scheme as well... maybe a few others but not many. its dependent on a solid hybrid qb/rb

weazel
09-13-2011, 03:28 PM
in fact it is madden on its own level. again another generic bullshit rebuttle with no substance. what part of my explanation was childish? let me guess your answer would be all of it. because you have no answer.

it maybe a lot deeper than the few plays i mentioned but any coach will tell you what i said is viable. the problem is it will only work as a shceme when you have TT.. he gets hurt then it wont work... cam would do well in thise scheme as well... maybe a few others but not many. its dependent on a solid hybrid qb/rb

I want the wishbone!!!

Ravage!!!
09-13-2011, 03:32 PM
I want the wishbone!!!

It would work. I mean, you run, or you pitch, or you throw the ball. You guard against A, you hit them with B or C. You defend against B, we hit you with A or C!! It's not that hard, you simply have to execute. Simple as that. Any coach would tell you its a viable plan.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 03:42 PM

Do you ever bring anything to the conversation or do you only respond with demeaning one liners?

Go trolling elsewhere...

MOtorboat
09-13-2011, 03:48 PM
It would work. I mean, you run, or you pitch, or you throw the ball. You guard against A, you hit them with B or C. You defend against B, we hit you with A or C!! It's not that hard, you simply have to execute. Simple as that. Any coach would tell you its a viable plan.

And then TRUCK STICK!

Boom!

MOtorboat
09-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Do you ever bring anything to the conversation or do you only respond with demeaning one liners?

Go trolling elsewhere...

Do I really have to explain why college offenses don't work in the NFL? Do I have to explain why the exotic looks (see: Urban Meyer) don't work in the NFL?

It's pretty elementary stuff, and suggesting otherwise is a joke.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Do I really have to explain why college offenses don't work in the NFL? Do I have to explain why the exotic looks (see: Urban Meyer) don't work in the NFL?

It's pretty elementary stuff, and suggesting otherwise is a joke.

I'm not talking about Bullgators somewhat outlandish comments in of itself...

I'm just saying most of your posts bring nothing to the table...It's like you're only goal is to get a rise out of ppl instead of having a conversation/debate.

MOtorboat
09-13-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm not talking about Bullgators somewhat outlandish comments in of itself...

I'm just saying most of your posts bring nothing to the table...It's like you're only goal is to get a rise out of ppl instead of having a conversation/debate.

What do you want to talk about? The thread title is who should start in Week 2.

Orton should start because he is the best option to win a game and that's why they play the games, right?

Tebow can't read defenses, his footwork sucks and his mechanics are questionable. Orton is a polished quarterback that gives this team a chance to win.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 04:02 PM

Orton should start because he is the best option to win a game and that's why they play the games, right?

Tebow can't read defenses, his footwork sucks and his mechanics are questionable. Orton is a polished quarterback that gives this team a chance to win.

That's more like it...

Toting the company line I see.

slim
09-13-2011, 04:04 PM

He didn't give us much of chance yesterday :welcome:

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 04:05 PM

Polished really? He looked like crap last night. His throws were way off, he made horrible audibles when trying to read their blitzes that were the same.

Tebow is not polished for 1 because he has only been in the league for a year. Quinn is more polished but sucks.

Let the kid start to see if he even has what it takes. Mechanics can be worked on with coaching.

Jaws
09-13-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't like Orton at all, but I'd give him one more game at least before turning it over to Tebow - if only to temper expectations when Tebow starts.

MOtorboat
09-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Polished really? He looked like crap last night. His throws were way off, he made horrible audibles when trying to read their blitzes that were the same.

Tebow is not polished for 1 because he has only been in the league for a year. Quinn is more polished but sucks.

Let the kid start to see if he even has what it takes. Mechanics can be worked on with coaching.

Tebow isn't polished because he's not very good.

vandammage13
09-13-2011, 04:18 PM

We will see soon enough...

Orton's weeks are numbered, and Quinn won't be the starter for damn sure.

You will be proven right or wrong by year's end.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-13-2011, 04:49 PM
I find it humorous that people don't think Tebow could have done as good or better than Orton. I said numerous times during the preseason that Kyle is a good "thrower". Everybody loved the fact that he looked good in shorts. I maintained that I would wait to reserve judgment for when the bullets started flying....

Put Tebow in; that is all....

chazoe60
09-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Orton was off in every conceivable way yesterday and yet some still want to excuse hi
He can't read blitzes presnap, he just looks for Lloyd on a go route and when he's covered he panics. He is very inaccurate. He can't throw a ball to Eddie Royal without making Eddie either dive to the ground or lead him by three feet too much.

Face it folks, we have a bottom 10 QB, who has the mobility and improv skills of a dead trout, starting behind a bottom 5 offensive line. It's a recipe for complete and utter failure.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 05:31 PM

Yeah, Orton's a "winner" afterall... :rolleyes:

Orton sucks dude and his turnover was the most critical mistake made in the game on offense. Orton lost Denver the game as much as he helped win it, and that is a pretty common occurrence in his 2 dreadful seasons here.

No one on Earth can say with any validity or proof that Orton gives this team the best chance to win. With all his polish and experience he still sucks, still chokes, and still holds the offense back with his lack of athleticism.

And he's not doing himself any favors in his quest for the big contract via free agency. $9 MILLION this season for his performance? Sadly, only the Broncos and a few other losing franchises would pay that sort of jank for such a mediocre product.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 05:33 PM

That's a logical statement... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

gobroncsnv
09-13-2011, 05:33 PM
just watching orton bores the living tears out of me. I remembered he bored me last season, i just forgot how much he bored me until watching him.

I'm done. Lets get tebow in the game, so at least we can watch the broncos with some interest. If nothing else, it makes the games interesting.

are you entertained??????

gobroncsnv
09-13-2011, 05:38 PM
I know you're being a smartass. Orton suck, no doubt. Orton is killing his own free agent value - which he appears to covet. Tebow is better on gameday than Orton and he gives you a better chance to win. If you start Tebow you have to stick with him as he is a young and developing QB.

Orton is Orton. This is what those of us who aren't fickle expected. Orton isn't very good, nothing new here.

By the way, Cutler just played near perfection against a Super Bowl contender. We got screwed.

Carry on.

The way he played in the NFCG BEFORE his injury, it may not matter how Cutler plays... Lotsa bad throws for no apparent reason... STILL don't miss jay. Cool to see a picture without him having tears... must be kinda rare.

The Glue Factory
09-13-2011, 05:41 PM
in fact it is madden on its own level.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now that I'm done laughing hysterically, let me catch my breath...

Thank you.

You just don't get it! The NFL is so much different than college. Coaches get about 20 hours of sleep a week during the season while the analyze their opponents for weaknesses and tendencies. NFL players are the cream of the crop. The best 1,696 football players in the world! How many football players are in college NCAA Div I? 10 times the NFL at least.

I get it. Tebow is the best college QB that ever lived. He still doesn't hold a torch to Elway when Elway was playing in the NFL. Elway's passes dislocated the fingers of his receivers. Marc Jackson doesn't have a straight finger because of Elway's passing. Elway scrambled from the pocket more than any other Bronco QB. He was also sacked more than any other Bronco QB (and most other QBs in the league as well.) Bottom line is that Elway was a much better QB than Tebow in his first year!

And Elway himself has said that to succeed in the NFL you need to be able to pass from the pocket! Something Tebow is currently (and by self admission) weak at.

Continue to stick your fingers in your ear and obstinately insist that you know what will succeed in the NFL based on what you saw Tebow do in college, and continue to be laughed at. We long time members of this forum have been patient trying to explain the difference between college and pro ball. Your ignorance about the NFL is glaringly obvious. How long are you going to arrogantly tell us what will succeed in the NFL based on what happened in college?

NightTerror218
09-13-2011, 05:42 PM

So you say every QB to come out who is "good" is a polished QB? Seriously? How do you know Tebow is not very good, have you see a lot of games he has played in? More the 3 GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You cant judge off 3 games and if you try, he looked pretty good. So..............

swaiy
09-13-2011, 05:43 PM
I couldn't help but think Tony Romo watching Orton out there. I hope he puts together all those 'wonderful' practices and uses them in the game next time, otherwise, free agency is going to be ugly for him.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb115/pace0ne/myspace/avatar/ChappellePrince.gif

Bullgator
09-13-2011, 06:14 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now that I'm done laughing hysterically, let me catch my breath...

Thank you.

You just don't get it! The NFL is so much different than college. Coaches get about 20 hours of sleep a week during the season while the analyze their opponents for weaknesses and tendencies. NFL players are the cream of the crop. The best 1,696 football players in the world! How many football players are in college NCAA Div I? 10 times the NFL at least.

I get it. Tebow is the best college QB that ever lived. He still doesn't hold a torch to Elway when Elway was playing in the NFL. Elway's passes dislocated the fingers of his receivers. Marc Jackson doesn't have a straight finger because of Elway's passing. Elway scrambled from the pocket more than any other Bronco QB. He was also sacked more than any other Bronco QB (and most other QBs in the league as well.) Bottom line is that Elway was a much better QB than Tebow in his first year!

And Elway himself has said that to succeed in the NFL you need to be able to pass from the pocket! Something Tebow is currently (and by self admission) weak at.

Continue to stick your fingers in your ear and obstinately insist that you know what will succeed in the NFL based on what you saw Tebow do in college, and continue to be laughed at. We long time members of this forum have been patient trying to explain the difference between college and pro ball. Your ignorance about the NFL is glaringly obvious. How long are you going to arrogantly tell us what will succeed in the NFL based on what happened in college?

Those who know the game know its not THAT different than top flight college ball... somewhat faster players, a lot more experienced players, somewhat more complicated schemes. its not a different sport, sport. Its still football.

Elway was certainly not better than Tebow his first 2 years in the league. in fact he was horrible. If Elway played his first 2 years now he wouldn't make the team the way everyone wants instant success. Im surprised as a DB fan you dont know how bad Elways stats were as a rook. go look em up.

Locnar
09-13-2011, 06:17 PM
It's only game 1. At least give him another week to see if his balls drop..

Bullgator
09-13-2011, 06:19 PM
It's only game 1. At least give him another week to see if his balls drop..

or if he drops balls.....

Bullgator
09-13-2011, 06:22 PM
you know what Im ok with KO starting another game...

just so KO can show once again he is who we think he is. down by 20 or up by 20 the pressure is off and he can play ball... if the game is close in any way he just cant do it. I feel bad for the guy. when he squirted that ball out of his hand... he will never live that down.

TTs time will come soon enough. 1-2 more games is alright.

BroncoStud
09-13-2011, 06:23 PM
I couldn't help but think Tony Romo watching Orton out there. I hope he puts together all those 'wonderful' practices and uses them in the game next time, otherwise, free agency is going to be ugly for him.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb115/pace0ne/myspace/avatar/ChappellePrince.gif

Tony Romo is 100X the QB Orton is. They both choke but Romo is a gamer.

zbeg
09-13-2011, 07:26 PM
He didn't give us much of chance yesterday :welcome:

The Broncos lost by three points. What's your standard of having a chance? 2? 1? Winning the game outright?

lgenf
09-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Orton will start the next 4 games for sure

No way Fox is letting T2 anywhere near the field

Last night in the red zone and not a single play for T2
Come on T2 at least makes the D think run or pass and T2 already burned Oakland last year so we know be can score on them that's not wishful thinking or dreaming he did it and almost won the game last year in Oakland

The only way T2 gets in is if we lose 4 of 5 or all 5 to start

At that point there will be so much pressure on the front office they will have no choice
Just like last year

And T2 does have a 333 win percentage so far

lgenf
09-13-2011, 07:56 PM
The Broncos lost by three points. What's your standard of having a chance? 2? 1? Winning the game outright?
Yeah we lost by three and it wasn't that close

The score didn't tell the whole story there

Now I can admit if a few things happened at the end of the game we had a chance

Like stopping Oakland on their last drive but we didn't do that all night long so that was wishful thinking

Bullgator
09-13-2011, 07:57 PM

Kyle single handedly lost that game... the team made mistakes sure but it was KO that LOST that game to our most hated rival. When we needed him most he did what he has done his whole career. He choked!!!! It was his lack of clutch playing, his bumbling and fumbling, his sack eating, inaccurate passing, his lack of vision in picking up blitzes, inescapability...

And still you love him.

Did you know TT has more comeback wins in the NFL than KO in his 7 years??? with a grand total of 1.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-13-2011, 08:02 PM

You do realize that with a 2 score lead in the 4th quarter, the Raiders called off the dogs, right? They backed off and played prevent on our lone TD scoring drive. Why do you think he took no sacks? Saw no pressure? Completed several passes for first downs? Did he just wake up and realize he was in a football game? No.

They also tried to give the game away with all of their stupid penalties. I think they were out to prove a point, and it was heard loud and clear. They dictated the tempo of the game from the second we failed to convert that first fumble into a TD. In short, we were their bitch last night and the game was never anywhere near as close as the score implied.

Ravage!!!
09-13-2011, 08:03 PM
he didn't single handedly lose the game. How many penalties did we have? Didn't we lose a TD to a punt block?

This offseason has been so long, that you guys are just getting ridiculous.

getlynched47
09-13-2011, 08:06 PM

I would CELEBRATE with each broken tackle by Tim Tebow.

Orton gets tripped with a breath of air.

zbeg
09-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Kyle single handedly lost that game... the team made mistakes sure but it was KO that LOST that game to our most hated rival. When we needed him most he did what he has done his whole career. He choked!!!! It was his lack of clutch playing, his bumbling and fumbling, his sack eating, inaccurate passing, his lack of vision in picking up blitzes, inescapability...

And still you love him.

Did you know TT has more comeback wins in the NFL than KO in his 7 years??? with a grand total of 1.

Orton did do pretty poorly on the last drive when he had the ball, what with touchdown drive and all. Yeah, he definitely singlehandedly lost the game. Singlehandedly as in, the only reason why Denver lost. It certainly had nothing to do with the defense, and the offensive line played fantastic. Oh, and the Broncos were awesome at running the ball, too. And they definitely didn't allow any punts to be blocked.

(Singlehandedly? Seriously? Am I being trolled here? If so, you got me.)

MOtorboat
09-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Those who know the game know its not THAT different than top flight college ball... somewhat faster players, a lot more experienced players, somewhat more complicated schemes. its not a different sport, sport. Its still football.

Elway was certainly not better than Tebow his first 2 years in the league. in fact he was horrible. If Elway played his first 2 years now he wouldn't make the team the way everyone wants instant success. Im surprised as a DB fan you dont know how bad Elways stats were as a rook. go look em up.

You have a very limited knowledge of the history of the pro game, and the differences between college football and the NFL. Very limited.

For one, the difference between the NFL and even the most elite college football is light years. To even say its close is a ridiculous premise, that doesn't need to be explained. But to sum it up, the "spread" run in college is a vastly different offense (schematically, verbally, however you want to compare it) than the "spread" run in the NFL.

Second, Elway's rookie stats compared to Tebow's are a ridiculous comparison to make. You can't go to pro-football-reference copy and paste the two player's rookie stats into a spreadsheet and compare them. Anyone that has a basic grasp of the NFL knows the changes teams have made in the last 20 years, with the introduction of the West Coast offense (To head off the always lame response...Dan Marino's crazy 1984 was an anomoly, don't bring it up).

Elways had more skills, better understanding and was obviously a more gifted player than Tebow coming out of college. It's insulting to Elway to even compare the two.

As far as your Madden understandings of pro offenses that you continue to spew...hey, I love Madden, it's a good time, but its not even close to reality and it doesn't even remotely compare to what an NFL quarterback has to process while standing at the line of scrimmage.

Ravage!!!
09-13-2011, 08:31 PM

Probably the dumbest thing I've read.

THIS is what you get, folks, when your knowledge doesn't exceed stat sheets and paper reading. Use this post as your example as to WHY stats never tell the story and how foolish you can look when you base your comments and football history from stat-sheets. It's an embarrassment to you, and us.

claymore
09-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Sweet geebus. :uh:

Bullgator
09-14-2011, 12:16 AM

THIS is what you get, folks, when your knowledge doesn't exceed stat sheets and paper reading. Use this post as your example as to WHY stats never tell the story and how foolish you can look when you base your comments and football history from stat-sheets. It's an embarrassment to you, and us.

now who is the blind homer? Elway went on to be a HoF qb with 2 SB BUT he sucked as a rook, SUCKED!! he lined up under guard ffs..... screw the stat sheet. he looked awful. i REMEMBER watching him play!!!

now im sure this is ammo for you to hate on me but facts are facts... Elway is a HoF great but he damn sure wasnt his first 2 years.

say what you will about my knowledge of the game, it dont bother me. i know what i know. to me you are just too dull to even grasp what im saying about 11 on 11 ball.

the nfl is spreading the ball out whether you like it or not... plays under shotgun are increasing by the week. the nfl is catching on.

what you fail to see is that the nfl is a copycat league... people want to keep thier jobs and so only do what is proven to work.. the ones that go out on a limb like belichick either become trend setters or fired uber quick.

get ready for the spread to sweep the league... cuz its already begun... patriots? yea they run the spread... a hybrid version of course. hmmm i wonder how brady did this week... 517 yards 4 td i think... yea spread dont work... you guys literally have no clue.

MOtorboat
09-14-2011, 07:44 AM
the nfl is spreading the ball out whether you like it or not... plays under shotgun are increasing by the week. the nfl is catching on.

what you fail to see is that the nfl is a copycat league... people want to keep thier jobs and so only do what is proven to work.. the ones that go out on a limb like belichick either become trend setters or fired uber quick.

get ready for the spread to sweep the league... cuz its already begun... patriots? yea they run the spread... a hybrid version of course. hmmm i wonder how brady did this week... 517 yards 4 td i think... yea spread dont work... you guys literally have no clue.

It's been in the league for about six years. Thanks for catching up with the times.

However, the "spread" you're talking about and "spread" the NFL plays are two vastly different offenses.

I think we should draft Case Keenum so that we can run Bullgator's proposed offense.

BroncoNut
09-14-2011, 07:49 AM

best post of all time. Thank you :salute:

BroncoNut
09-14-2011, 07:54 AM
now who is the blind homer? Elway went on to be a HoF qb with 2 SB BUT he sucked as a rook, SUCKED!! he lined up under guard ffs..... screw the stat sheet. he looked awful. i REMEMBER watching him play!!!

now im sure this is ammo for you to hate on me but facts are facts... Elway is a HoF great but he damn sure wasnt his first 2 years.

say what you will about my knowledge of the game, it dont bother me. i know what i know. to me you are just too dull to even grasp what im saying about 11 on 11 ball.

this lining up under guard comment with the "Elway sucked as a rookie" argument has run it's course. You probably heard about this particular error just last week.

BroncoNut
09-14-2011, 07:55 AM
awesome. I revel in this kind of shit. It gets my day going.

claymore
09-14-2011, 08:01 AM
this lining up under guard comment with the "Elway sucked as a rookie" argument has run it's course. You probably heard about this particular error just last week.

I cant wait till Tebow is another franchise's problem. Its like we have Elvis as our third string QB.

BroncoNut
09-14-2011, 08:06 AM
I cant wait till Tebow is another franchise's problem. Its like we have Elvis as our third string QB.

No kidding. He's like that dog that everyone thinks is the cutest, nicest, funniest and greatest dog in the world but they're not the one feeding it, paying for the vet bills, and putting up with it's behavioral problems. Nothing against TT, but I am kinda starting to resent the distraction he brings.

claymore
09-14-2011, 08:10 AM
No kidding. He's like that dog that everyone thinks is the cutest, nicest, funniest and greatest dog in the world but they're not the one feeding it, paying for the vet bills, and putting up with it's behavioral problems. Nothing against TT, but I am kinda starting to resent the distraction he brings.

No kidding. Id say its not his falt, but ive never seen an athelete self promote better than him. Deion Sanders is the only other one I can think of. He was good though. A starter from day one.

We took Tebow Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early in the draft.

Tebow is McDaniels ultimate landmine. I Tebow is the hardest thing this regime will have to overcome. Gracefully getting rid of him.

BroncoNut
09-14-2011, 08:12 AM
No kidding. Id say its not his falt, but ive never seen an athelete self promote better than him. Deion Sanders is the only other one I can think of. He was good though. A starter from day one.

We took Tebow Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early in the draft.

Tebow is McDaniels ultimate landmine. I Tebow is the hardest thing this regime will have to overcome. Gracefully getting rid of him.

I don't know if I'd go quite that far (with the self promotion), but maybe you see something I don't. hmm. I'll have to think on that one. It seems to me that the football world promoted him more than anything. And ther is beginning to be little doubt now, in my mind, that he was taken too early.

chazoe60
09-14-2011, 08:18 AM
I can't wait till Orton is losing games for another franchise. I don't give a shit if our Backup QB's were named Frick and Frack I'd be chanting their names.

For most real Bronco fans, not the folks who think Orange and Blue refers to a team from Florida but the people like me with Bronco plates and years invested in this team, it's not about Tebow it's much more about being disgusted watching Orton "lead" this team. He is am abject failure and the guys on the bench have never even been given a chance.

I think that's the thing that pisses me off the most; Since the day that mopey ass loser Orton landed in Denver he has been handed the keys to this team as though he were some elite untouchable player and he is nothing more than back up QB material. I'm sick of the excuses heaped on him and the lying to fans about him by two diffeferent sets of people now.

I've never said this ahoyt a Bronco player in my life til now but I wish that loser would sprain his **** and be put on IR. He has done nothing for this franchise and I don't see that changing.

claymore
09-14-2011, 08:22 AM
I don't know if I'd go quite that far (with the self promotion), but maybe you see something I don't. hmm. I'll have to think on that one. It seems to me that the football world promoted him more than anything. And ther is beginning to be little doubt now, in my mind, that he was taken too early.

How many 24 year old kids do you know publish an autobiography?

MOtorboat
09-14-2011, 08:22 AM
As not a real fan of the Denver Broncos, I would like the coaches to pick the player at each position that gives them the best chance to win.

BroncoNut
09-14-2011, 08:25 AM

see, I did not know that Clay

BroncoNut
09-14-2011, 08:26 AM

I guess I never looked at it that way. maybe he is an ahole

chazoe60
09-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Oh ******* "whaa" Mo, I was refering to real Bronco fans who want Orton's ass gone. I knkw there are plenty of real Bronco fans who want to ride it out with Orton.

claymore
09-14-2011, 08:34 AM
Oh ******* "whaa" Mo, I was refering to real Bronco fans who want Orton's ass gone. I knkw there are plenty of real Bronco fans who want to ride it out with Orton.

I think all Bronco fans want Orton gone! :laugh:

Northman
09-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Oohhh, more Tebow bashing. Let me get some popcorn.

BroncoStud
09-14-2011, 09:17 AM

Then I have to question they're fandom if they accept a mediocre product... Well, maybe not fandom, just their intelligence.

Bullgator
09-14-2011, 10:03 AM
It's been in the league for about six years. Thanks for catching up with the times.

However, the "spread" you're talking about and "spread" the NFL plays are two vastly different offenses.

I think we should draft Case Keenum so that we can run Bullgator's proposed offense.

there you go again mo. talking about something you have no clue about. All spreads are different. there aren't two teams in the world who have the same spread. the spread is nothing more that a philosophy to get your best players in a mismatch, in space to make a play. about the only thing they all have in common is the shotgun.

stop trying to make general blanket comments about something you are ignorant on.

only difference between NFL and college spread-wise are the hashmarks, they are tighter and in fact that would work in favor of using the spread because you have more SPACE to work with on each side of the field.

lgenf
09-14-2011, 10:07 AM

Clay did you read the book or know anything that it's about

or did you just chalk it up to some young athlete that hasn't proven to YOU that he can make it as an NFL talent and that was self promotion to you?

If you read the book, you will KNOW the story of T2

how his parents were missionaries in a foreign country when his mother was pregnant and how she was having a very difficult pregnancy and health issues, and that since his parents already had other children (he is the uongest of 5) that she was told to abort him so that she would be in better health and she didn't. or that when he was in high school all teh coaches told him he wouldn't be a QB, that he couldn't be one, so he worked harder and in his senior year he was Mr Florida Football - which is the highest honor given to any senior in the state of Flordia which generates TONS of Div 1 talent for the college system, or that he was told he coulldn't be a successful QB in college and that he would have to think about moving to another position, and that through hard work he later became the MOST successful QB in NCAA history - and holds several records with his achievements

and then the NFL saga which is where most pick up his story, that he wouldn't be drafted, he had too many flaws, he's not an NFL QB, he can't throw the ball, blah blah blah - all that and he worked harder and showed something, cause if Denver didn't take him someone else was and we can debate the rumors there

his book was not a SELF PROMOTION - his book was about all the hard work he put in to his life to prepare himself to succeed and as an example for others to follow to get what you want out of life

IF you read the book you wouldn't have a BS comment like you posted above

that is who the Broncos drafted, if he never threw another pass in the NFL it wouldn't matter, cause he already made it - now is that going to suffice for him, nope and I for one am glad

but you sit back with your assumptions about what its about and just go one with your life pointing fingers and passing judgements - cause that's what non-doers do -they pass judgement on those that DO.

BroncoNut
09-14-2011, 10:16 AM

or did you just chalk it up to some young athlete that hasn't proven to YOU that he can make it as an NFL talent and that was self promotion to you?

how his parents were missionaries in a foreign country when his mother was pregnant and how she was having a very difficult pregnancy and health issues, and that since his parents already had other children (he is the uongest of 5) that she was told to abort him so that she would be in better health and she didn't. or that when he was in high school all teh coaches told him he wouldn't be a QB, that he couldn't be one, so he worked harder and in his senior year he was Mr Florida Football - which is the highest honor given to any senior in the state of Flordia which generates TONS of Div 1 talent for the college system, or that he was told he coulldn't be a successful QB in college and that he would have to think about moving to another position, and that through hard work he later became the MOST successful QB in NCAA history - and holds several records with his achievements

and then the NFL saga which is where most pick up his story, that he wouldn't be drafted, he had too many flaws, he's not an NFL QB, he can't throw the ball, blah blah blah - all that and he worked harder and showed something, cause if Denver didn't take him someone else was and we can debate the rumors there

his book was not a SELF PROMOTION - his book was about all the hard work he put in to his life to prepare himself to succeed and as an example for others to follow to get what you want out of life

that is who the Broncos drafted, if he never threw another pass in the NFL it wouldn't matter, cause he already made it - now is that going to suffice for him, nope and I for one am glad

but you sit back with your assumptions about what its about and just go one with your life pointing fingers and passing judgements - cause that's what non-doers do -they pass judgement on those that DO.

And stick to the issue at hand instead of preying upon the warm and fuzzyemotions of others. An autobiography is an autobiography is an autobiography; regardless of whether the identifier read it or not.

Also, TT hasn't proved to anyone he is an NFL qb.

But in the meantime, Feel free to stick your head up a bull's ass to see what kind of a sirloin you might be getting, but me personally.,,... I'll take the butcher's word for it.

Mike
09-14-2011, 10:21 AM
You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?

No, I mean is, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butcher's ass... No, wait. It's gotta be your bull.

Bullgator
09-14-2011, 10:23 AM
And stick to the issue at hand instead of preying upon the warm and fuzzyemotions of others. An autobiography is an autobiography is an autobiography; regardless of whether the identifier read it or not.

Also, TT hasn't proved to anyone he is an NFL qb.

But in the meantime, Feel free to stick your head up a bull's ass to see what kind of a sirloin you might be getting, but me personally.,,... I'll take the butcher's word for it.

dont you dare quote tommyboy, I served with tommyboy, I knew tommyboy and you sir, are no tommyboy...

MOtorboat
09-14-2011, 10:24 AM
there you go again mo. talking about something you have no clue about. All spreads are different. there aren't two teams in the world who have the same spread. the spread is nothing more that a philosophy to get your best players in a mismatch, in space to make a play. about the only thing they all have in common is the shotgun.

stop trying to make general blanket comments about something you are ignorant on.

only difference between NFL and college spread-wise are the hashmarks, they are tighter and in fact that would work in favor of using the spread because you have more SPACE to work with on each side of the field.

Whatever you say, Tonto.

Bullgator
09-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Whatever you say, Tonto.

Ya damn right. :cool:

claymore
09-14-2011, 10:28 AM

I only read things I give a **** about.

Nomad
09-14-2011, 10:30 AM
I think all Bronco fans want Orton gone! :laugh:

Your high 5s box should be filled!

lgenf
09-14-2011, 10:30 AM
I only read things I give a **** about.

thanks for proving my point

you know nothing about T2, but you call him a self promoter

**EDIT**

BroncoStud
09-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Can we have Cutler back?

claymore
09-14-2011, 10:44 AM

27K posts of worthless info

:rolleyes:

Nomad
09-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Can we have Cutler back?

I'd be open-minded and give him his shot though he'd be a little better than what we have now but we'd still be picking in the 10/11 range without a solid defense. Marshall wouldn't be here regardless if Shanny was fired or not......that's my opinion

BroncoNut
09-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Your high 5s box should be filled!

as should your colon

Nomad
09-14-2011, 10:49 AM
as should your colon

What's up nut! Throwing in those odd jabs this morning!:confused: You're turning into another sneakers.

BroncoNut
09-14-2011, 10:50 AM

**EDIT**

Anyone who writes a book about their life, wheter the author be Adolf Hitler or Mary Poppins is a self promoter. You apparently like what you read, good for you.

BroncoNut
09-14-2011, 10:50 AM
What's up nut! Throwing in those odd jabs this morning!:confused: You're turning into another sneakers.

I love doing that. It's stimulating/fun.

MOtorboat
09-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Nut, are you in a mounting mood today?

weazel
09-14-2011, 10:52 AM

he almost sounds magic!!!! Imma be right here waiting for the water to turn to wine!

BroncoNut
09-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Nut, are you in a mounting mood today?

not really. I'm in a fun mood, I guess. not really horny though. It's the meds more than anything though, I'm sure. but who knows :shrugs: I just like to troll on the site from time to time. It's my crack cocaine

Nomad
09-14-2011, 11:04 AM
I love doing that. It's stimulating/fun.

It's all fun here, nut!:lol:

BroncoNut
09-14-2011, 11:08 AM
It's all fun here, nut!:lol:

Aye Nomad, Aye. Well, I better get back to work. I think I pissed off a lab tech yesterday which means I'll have to do all of the grunt work. So later on fellows. :welcome:

lgenf
09-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Anyone who writes a book about their life, wheter the author be Adolf Hitler or Mary Poppins is a self promoter. You apparently like what you read, good for you, but please go pump his nads somewhere else.

well this is the team that he is on, thus the team I am cheering for

claymore
09-14-2011, 11:53 AM
well this is the team that he is on, thus the team I am cheering for

Then you should be cheering for Orton on Sunday right?

GEM
09-14-2011, 12:00 PM

How would you know that that Clay is a non-doer? Are you his boss or his next door neighbor? Talk about hypocritical. :rolleyes: Don't assume about Timmy boy, but sit back while I make assumptions about you.

Nomad
09-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Aye Nomad, Aye. Well, I better get back to work. I think I pissed off a lab tech yesterday which means I'll have to do all of the grunt work. So later on fellows. :welcome:

You still getting bullied by that chic at work!

slim
09-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Tebow has 175 votes in this very scientific poll.

vandammage13
09-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Then you should be cheering for Orton on Sunday right?

I think he/she is saying that they are only cheering for the Broncos because of Tebow...Not cheering for Tebow because he's on the Broncos.

claymore
09-14-2011, 12:09 PM
I think he/she is saying that they are only cheering for the Broncos because of Tebow...Not cheering for Tebow because he's on the Broncos.

I know. But, its clear he/she only cares about whats best for Tebow, so nothing else he/she can be taken seriously.

I think 99% of us would be happy for whatever was best for the Broncos even if it meant we were wrong.

claymore
09-14-2011, 12:09 PM
You still getting bullied by that chic at work!

Nuts sucjh a puss.

slim
09-14-2011, 12:16 PM
I know. But, its clear he/she only cares about whats best for Tebow, so nothing else he/she can be taken seriously.

I think 99% of us would be happy for whatever was best for the Broncos even if it meant we were wrong.

I think that is the real argument, at least between Bronco fans (I'm not including Tebow fan bois because, well...why would I?).

What is best for the team? I have a hard to believing that starting Orton the next 15 games is ultimately best for the Broncos. In fact, I know it's not the best thing for the franchise.

claymore
09-14-2011, 12:21 PM
I think that is the real argument, at least between Bronco fans (I'm not including Tebow fan bois because, well...why would I?).

What is best for the team? I have a hard to believing that starting Orton the next 15 games is ultimately best for the Broncos. In fact, I know it's not the best thing for the franchise.

The best thing for the franchise is getting a Future HOF'er behind center. I find it very hard to believe we have one on our team if Kyle Orton is our starting QB, and Brady QUin is our backup.

But I do want whats best for the team, all we can do is argue hypotetical situations mixed with hearsay.

SOCALORADO.
09-14-2011, 12:23 PM
The best thing for the franchise is getting a Future HOF'er behind center. I find it very hard to believe we have one on our team if Kyle Orton is our starting QB, and Brady QUin is our backup.

But I do want whats best for the team, all we can do is argue hypotetical situations mixed with hearsay.

Nothing i am saying is hypothetical. :D

CoachChaz
09-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Tebow is the best option...period. Yes, there is a chance he may be worse than Orton with accuracy, but he adds more in other ways. First off, he requires the attention of a safety or LB to spy him based solely on his running ability. That alone opens up coverage possibilities. Second, his running ability creates much more of a threat in the red zone than Orton does.

And really...if nothing else...we can see what we have over a full season and make a much more informed decision when it comes to next years draft. If Tebow plays and we finish with 7-8 wins and he has a rating of 75 or better, than I think (with a few details aside) it's fair to assume he has potential. If we lose 12 or more games and his rating blows...then we know we need to assess the QB position in the draft.

But as long as he is on the bench in games that mean something, we'll never know what we have and wont be able to make informed personnel decisions. This situation falls squarely on the shoulders of EFX. If they blow it...it could set the team back further than McD ever did.

slim
09-14-2011, 12:25 PM

Well, if Tebow sucks as bad as you say, then he is our ticket to the #1 pick.

I just don't want to take a QB next year without giving the kid a real shot. It just makes no sense to me.