PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs. Panthers is a big game!

Magnificent Seven
12-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Why?

Broncos are 3-0 against the NFC South and Panthers are 3-0 against the AFC West. People said, "The Panthers are tough at home and Broncos are tough on the road." There will be a big clash in Carolina.

It will be a big test for Broncos and I hope that Broncos can watch and Bucs vs. Panthers game on Monday night. Study on Panthers and be prepared for this Sunday.

Any thought on that?

haroldthebarrel
12-08-2008, 06:48 PM
I am sorry but your title is hilarious. Talking about stating the obvious.

But right you are my friend!

Magnificent Seven
12-08-2008, 07:03 PM
I am sorry but your title is hilarious. Talking about stating the obvious.

But right you are my friend!

give me high fives!

blueblood15
12-08-2008, 07:24 PM
I am excited to see how this one turns out. If we can hold down Steve Smith and continue playing solid run D we should be good to go. Delhomme isnt having that great of a year(as far as the stats go) Only 12TD and 9INT, so just like the last 4 or 5 weeks RUN D needs to be the focus.

Bronco9798
12-08-2008, 07:44 PM
It's not a game we need to win, but it would be nice to be able to continue to win on the road. Winning on the road is a mindset and we need to keep it for the playoffs.

blueblood15
12-08-2008, 08:08 PM
It's not a game we need to win, but it would be nice to be able to continue to win on the road. Winning on the road is a mindset and we need to keep it for the playoffs.

I do not want to depend on SD losing, or have something happen where we somehow lose to the Bills and everything is on the last game. I know our magic number is one BUT lets do it like a REAL playoff team and take care of business NOW! I think we DO need to win this one!

Bronco9798
12-08-2008, 08:12 PM
I do not want to depend on SD losing, or have something happen where we somehow lose to the Bills and everything is on the last game. I know our magic number is one BUT lets do it like a REAL playoff team and take care of business NOW! I think we DO need to win this one!

You get there how you get there. You can't control the Chargers not losing, it just happens. Who cares how we get there. With 3 to go and 1 being the magic number, it just doesn't matter how it happens. We don't have to depend on SD letting us in. With as bad as they have been, we already did what we needed to do and that's win three more than them right now. To me, we earned it already regardless of how we get there.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-08-2008, 11:39 PM
The big one is vs Buffalo. They are realing right now, and as niner said, we only need 1. I'm guessing SD doesn't lose again. We can't shit the bed vs Buffalo. It's "on paper" the most winnable game remaining.

Magnificent Seven
12-09-2008, 01:06 AM
Oh boy! Panthers' DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart have rushed for over 100-yards on Monday night football.

D. Williams has rushed for 186 yards and J. Stewart has rushed for 115 yards on same night. Broncos' defense team have to work harder on this Sunday.

Lonestar
12-09-2008, 01:25 AM
Oh boy! Panthers' DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart have rushed for over 100-yards on Monday night football.

D. Williams has rushed for 186 yards and J. Stewart has rushed for 115 yards on same night. Broncos' defense team have to work harder on this Sunday.

299 rushing yards against of of the best defenses in the NFL.. Who were before tonight allowing just over 70 per game.. where we are allowing almost twice that.. 139.5..

Not sure how much time Jay will get to play with his toys..

Magnificent Seven
12-09-2008, 02:06 AM
I think Broncos will have more passing game than running game on this Sunday. I doubt that Panthers' defensive backs could stop the "Cutler to Royal" scene. However, they could stop Denver's running game.

WhatEver!!!
12-09-2008, 06:27 AM
I think Broncos will have more passing game than running game on this Sunday. I doubt that Panthers' defensive backs could stop the "Cutler to Royal" scene. However, they could stop Denver's running game.

I believe we can pass on this team if we can give Culter sometime. The Panthers know we do not have a running back so they will throw everything at Cutler.

Man, I can not wait for this game because it would gadge us against a Very Good Playoff team and I WILL BE AT THIS GAME... :beer:

broncophan
12-09-2008, 06:48 AM
The big one is vs Buffalo. They are realing right now, and as niner said, we only need 1. I'm guessing SD doesn't lose again. We can't shit the bed vs Buffalo. It's "on paper" the most winnable game remaining.

Then we better beat Carolina.................the broncos :mad:"scare":mad: me when they play teams that "are reeling"...

Dirk
12-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Agreed, I think the Broncos need to win this game. For the moral of the team. If they can beat Carolina and clinch the division at the same time. It may give them that little extra "butter on the toast" to make them feel special. Which will carry forward for the remainder of the year (including the playoffs).

Traveler
12-09-2008, 08:14 AM
This game will be decided by our run defense. Period!

claymore
12-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Carolina's pass defense looked soft. It might be a case of who can score 50 points this Sunday.

broncofaninfla
12-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Our defense will be tested by their running game no doubt. Those guys are good. Should be a high scoring and exciting game.

Cutler6MVP
12-09-2008, 09:44 AM
The only way we are going to win this game, after watching them dominate TB last night is to force them to pass and pass often. If this game stays close and theyre allowed to run the ball all game when they want, we are not going to win. Their RBs are very good and I just dont see us stopping them the whole game. We need to make sure Delhomme is the one trying to beat us.

Bronco Bible
12-09-2008, 09:45 AM
I believe we can pass on this team if we can give Culter sometime. The Panthers know we do not have a running back so they will throw everything at Cutler.

Man, I can not wait for this game because it would gadge us against a Very Good Playoff team and I WILL BE AT THIS GAME... :beer:

Me to man .Goooo Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler
12-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Didn't see the game last night. Was Julius Peppers a factor?

Mike
12-09-2008, 10:20 AM
About the only positives I can take away from watching that beat down last night is that 1) they have a short week and 2) it was a big emotional win against a divisional opponent (i.e. setup for a let down week).

That run game is scary. Those RBs refused to be tackled...add that to Denver's tackling problems....spells trouble.

Cutler will have to earn his money this weekend....:salute:

Medford Bronco
12-09-2008, 10:41 AM
299 rushing yards against of of the best defenses in the NFL.. Who were before tonight allowing just over 70 per game.. where we are allowing almost twice that.. 139.5..

Not sure how much time Jay will get to play with his toys..

Remember JR each game is not related to another game.

The Jets beat the Titians who were 10-0 in Tenn 34-17

and then lost to our Broncos in NY 34-17.

History can help but is not the whole indicator. As long as we dont turn the ball over we have a chance in this game. It would also be a HUGE confidence builder if we can beat in succession on the road, Atlanta, NY Jets and then Carolina.

Tough game but not impossible. This is not the 1972 Dolphins or 1978 Steelers we are talking about here. Jake Dellome is prone to mistakes as well.

and they are not overrated as I said yesterday, I was wrong on that one.

Mike
12-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Remember JR each game is not related to another game.

The Jets beat the Titians who were 10-0 in Tenn 34-17

and then lost to our Broncos in NY 34-17.

History can help but is not the whole indicator. As long as we dont turn the ball over we have a chance in this game. It would also be a HUGE confidence builder if we can beat in succession on the road, Atlanta, NY Jets and then Carolina.

Tough game but not impossible. This is not the 1972 Dolphins or 1978 Steelers we are talking about here. Jake Dellome is prone to mistakes as well.

and they are not overrated as I said yesterday, I was wrong on that one.

Good post. A few more positives just came to mind with your post...Champ will be back, the team plays better on the road, the game has been moved to an afternoon game, and everyone will be picking against Denver again.

LRtagger
12-09-2008, 11:11 AM
give me high fives!

ROFL :rofl:

sanluis
12-09-2008, 11:30 AM
I hear everyone talking about the running backs and they were great. But what stood out to me was the play of the O-line! They are great IMO. That Tampa d-line is one of the best and Carolina wore them out!

Denver's best chance is to get out to an early lead and take the run game away. Jay better be ready to run for his life, He is going to have to continue to scramble for some first downs. Should be a great game and a good gauge for you guys to see how well Denver stacks up against a play-off caliber team.

My prediction

Carolina 42
Denver 7 :D:lol:

Denver has too many injuries to compete with this team IMHO.

claymore
12-09-2008, 11:34 AM
I hear everyone talking about the running backs and they were great. But what stood out to me was the play of the O-line! They are great IMO. That Tampa d-line is one of the best and Carolina wore them out!

Denver's best chance is to get out to an early lead and take the run game away. Jay better be ready to run for his life, He is going to have to continue to scramble for some first downs. Should be a great game and a good gauge for you guys to see how well Denver stacks up against a play-off caliber team.

My prediction

Carolina 42

I couldnt believe the Push Carolina's O line was giving Tampa Bay's Dline. I mean they pushed them back a yard or 2 before the RB's even got to the line of scrimage.

I am hoping it was a divisional game that would be a fluke against another team.

haroldthebarrel
12-09-2008, 11:44 AM
They are just as inconsistant as we are. that is a glimmer of hope.

They can be extremely good, or they can loose like they nearly did to Detroit.

Personally I think they should win, but they are by no means that much better than their division rivals. And we beat all of them.

Lonestar
12-09-2008, 12:27 PM

My prediction

Carolina 42

many good post above but this one IMHO is closest to being spot on..

We have to get an early lead or they are gonna pound the ball until we stop them and so far folks we have not been stellar doing that all year WITHOUT a huge lead....

frankly those runners and OLINE can probably even continue to run whether they are behind or not they have a confidence they can and will run on anyone..

IF webster is in the game we are doomed.. he will allow 5-8+ yards a carry..

broncofaninfla
12-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Vegas has Carolina as a 9 point favorite, over/under 47. We seem to play great as a 9 point dog, looks like we have a chance!

LRtagger
12-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Didn't see the game last night. Was Julius Peppers a factor?

I was flipping back and forth to the game, but from what I saw, yes he was a factor.

He was consistently getting push and I saw him get a sack. The stat sheet says he had 1.5 sacks. The team as a whole had 5 sacks, but if I remember correctly we had 3 or 4 sacks against them as well, so its not as if they have a great OLine.

Our passing game should dominate their defense. We have enough weapons that even if they are able to get into the backfield, we should have an open TE or RB underneath. IMO if we can control the clock we win the game.

Medford Bronco
12-09-2008, 01:36 PM
I was flipping back and forth to the game, but from what I saw, yes he was a factor.

He was consistently getting push and I saw him get a sack. The stat sheet says he had 1.5 sacks. The team as a whole had 5 sacks, but if I remember correctly we had 3 or 4 sacks against them as well, so its not as if they have a great OLine.

Our passing game should dominate their defense. We have enough weapons that even if they are able to get into the backfield, we should have an open TE or RB underneath. IMO if we can control the clock we win the game.

and not turn it over. I stress this big time. If we are any less than even we will have a hard time winning this game. If we are even or plus in the ratio, I like our chances. No dumb picks Jay. We wont recover from a pick 6 like we did against KC. Jay is capable of playing a great game here. I hope he does:salute:

claymore
12-09-2008, 01:40 PM

and not turn it over. I stress this big time. If we are any less than even we will have a hard time winning this game. If we are even or plus in the ratio, I like our chances. No dumb picks Jay. We wont recover from a pick 6 like we did against KC. Jay is capable of playing a great game here. I hope he does:salute:
If we win this game, we will do more than a one and done in the playoffs... Or at least have a shot.

If we lose it, we probably dont belong in the playoffs, and hopefully we dont get embarresed to bad.

Lonestar
12-09-2008, 01:40 PM

Remember folks the league suspects/knows if they get into Jays head this game is over.. because we have NO HILLIS this week to spur/carry them back..

This defense has a decent to good pass rush and the team in general is peaking in DEC.. while we have showed improvement.. Beating KC is by no means any indication other than a confidence booster we have turned the corner on greatness....

While I Hope for a win this is a game I've had in the lose column since August and right now it does not look any better..

DenBronx
12-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Remember folks the league suspects/knows if they get into Jays head this game is over.. because we have NO HILLIS this week to spur/carry them back..

This defense has a decent to good pass rush and the team in general is peaking in DEC.. while we have showed improvement.. Beating KC is by no means any indication other than a confidence booster we have turned the corner on greatness....

While I Hope for a win this is a game I've had in the lose column since August and right now it does not look any better..

And to add to your point, Hillis is a big part of why we have won 4 out of the last 5 games. Without Hillis I really don't think we win. To beat a team like Carolina you need to run the ball on offense and stop the run on defense. Something I think we struggle at especially now that Hillis is on IR. Yes we did beat teams like ATL and NYJ but we had Hillis.

Our passing attack is going to have to throw lights out to have a shot. This is something I believe in. If Cutler ever wanted to have the game of your life then this is the game! No INT's Cutler! Really we're going to have to score everytime we get the ball and find a way to force turnovers. I'm really worried about of the tweaking we're going to have to do now that Bailey and DJ are back. I'm sure we won't get any worse but we did seem to find a little bit of rythm on defense since they have been out.

One last point, if we put up points early and force Carolina to play catch up through the air then we will win. The 1st quarter is going to be vital.

Lonestar
12-09-2008, 05:51 PM
And to add to your point, Hillis is a big part of why we have won 4 out of the last 5 games. Without Hillis I really don't think we win. To beat a team like Carolina you need to run the ball on offense and stop the run on defense. Something I think we struggle at especially now that Hillis is on IR. Yes we did beat teams like ATL and NYJ but we had Hillis.

Our passing attack is going to have to throw lights out to have a shot. This is something I believe in. If Cutler ever wanted to have the game of your life then this is the game! No INT's Cutler! Really we're going to have to score everytime we get the ball and find a way to force turnovers. I'm really worried about of the tweaking we're going to have to do now that Bailey and DJ are back. I'm sure we won't get any worse but we did seem to find a little bit of rythm on defense since they have been out.

One last point, if we put up points early and force Carolina to play catch up through the air then we will win. The 1st quarter is going to be vital.

I'm pretty sure that after that PICK6 on Sunday this game could have went into the crapper real quick, had it not been for Hillis running over folks..

He IMO pulled this one out and got us started back to a victory.. he made that spectacular catch that tore his hamstring if he had not well.. it was 3-2 on the KC 45 and went on to score to get us to 3 behind going into the lockeroom.. HUGE play one of the most pivotal of the game.instead of giving the ball back to them with almost 5 minutes to go in the half they could have gotten within FG range or scored and we would have been down as much as 17 points going into the lockeroom.. 14 point swing on catch few others would have made..

TXBRONC
12-09-2008, 05:59 PM
About the only positives I can take away from watching that beat down last night is that 1) they have a short week and 2) it was a big emotional win against a divisional opponent (i.e. setup for a let down week).

That run game is scary. Those RBs refused to be tackled...add that to Denver's tackling problems....spells trouble.

Cutler will have to earn his money this weekend....:salute:

Since changing his practice of not having players tackle in practice it the tackling in games hasn't been to bad the last several weeks. Of course that's just my opinion.

haroldthebarrel
12-09-2008, 06:02 PM
I am stunned how many people who does not believe in this team at all vs the Panthers.
Afterall, we know never to underestimate Shanahan and it isnt like we have a tendency to play up to the opposition.

People say the Bucs have a great defense and they do. But the problem with TB cover 2 has always been the run defense. So it isnt like the Panthers is the first one to exploit this.

So what if we matchup bad against them. It isnt like they have so much better a defensive line than the ones we have already dominated.
As Cutler goes, we go. That is for sure. But if he stays patient and if we get a lead, there is no way this team couldnt give them a great fight.
To win you have to at least believe in yourself you can win.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-09-2008, 06:17 PM
If Denver can take care of business against New Orleans, Atlanta and Tampa Bay -- all three good NFC teams who have unique strengths -- I don't see why we can't take care of business against Carolina. Yes, they have a fantastic rushing game, but are they going to be able to pass against us? In many ways, that teams one dimensional. Hopefully there will be a defensive scheme in the works that can limit Williams and Stewart on the ground.

I am excited to see how Clady does against Peppers (if he lines up there) -- and how well our line can protect and give time for Jay. Chris Gamble is a great young corner, and they have some solid players on that defense.

Denver has a great shot to win this game if they come up with a good gameplan and execute. After several big wins, they have swagger and confidence and you know they want to win this game and wrap up the division on their own accord, and not have to rely on the Chargers losing a game.

We've had some big games this year, but I can guarantee you Mike and Co. are letting these players know that a win against the Panthers sends a very strong signal across the league and that they can establish themselves as a real threat by winning on the road. And guess what? We kick butt on the road.

I think the Broncos are gonna win a tough game. Hillis being out hurts, but he's not the only reason we've been doing well lately.

"Big time players make big plays in big games." -- Sound familiar?

I think we'll see some players step up and kick some Panther butt.

Anyone who says otherwise ain't know!

GO BRONCOS!

Magnificent Seven
12-09-2008, 06:29 PM
If Denver can take care of business against New Orleans, Atlanta and Tampa Bay -- all three good NFC teams who have unique strengths -- I don't see why we can't take care of business against Carolina. Yes, they have a fantastic rushing game, but are they going to be able to pass against us? In many ways, that teams one dimensional. Hopefully there will be a defensive scheme in the works that can limit Williams and Stewart on the ground.

I am excited to see how Clady does against Peppers (if he lines up there) -- and how well our line can protect and give time for Jay. Chris Gamble is a great young corner, and they have some solid players on that defense.

Denver has a great shot to win this game if they come up with a good gameplan and execute. After several big wins, they have swagger and confidence and you know they want to win this game and wrap up the division on their own accord, and not have to rely on the Chargers losing a game.

We've had some big games this year, but I can guarantee you Mike and Co. are letting these players know that a win against the Panthers sends a very strong signal across the league and that they can establish themselves as a real threat by winning on the road. And guess what? We kick butt on the road.

I think the Broncos are gonna win a tough game. Hillis being out hurts, but he's not the only reason we've been doing well lately.

"Big time players make big plays in big games." -- Sound familiar?

I think we'll see some players step up and kick some Panther butt.

Anyone who says otherwise ain't know!

GO BRONCOS!

Good Post!

underrated29
12-09-2008, 07:11 PM
someone tell michael his records are on the line...

Cuz CUTLER IS GOING TO "AIR" IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!

gscottnc5
12-09-2008, 08:24 PM
hey bronco fans. Panther fan here. I just wanted to stop by and say that I hope for an injury free game on Sunday. This game will be a big test for us because we seem to play great one week then crappy the next. Your team is very solid. I am worried about Cutler the most. Incredible arm and is not easily frustrated.

I have read thru most of this thread and many of you have made many valid points. Your guys know you football unlike the Aints and Fal-excons fans we have to deal with every year.

the keys to the panthers winning imo will be;

run run run. If we can, our odds go up a lot, if we can't and have to rely on Jake, well.... ummmm... I think Jake would have to play the game of his life to carry the team to a victory against you guys. If Champ is back, he could really make jake's day a long one.

Our Defense must play with the same intensity they did against the bucs. the past 4 -5 games we have given up a lot of points. I don't want this game to be a slug fest on offense in the air. Cutler has the advantage and if that happens and he gets on a roll, that could be trouble for us.

I saw where someone here said our secondary is soft. I disagree. As of late our secondary has not played to their potential. we have a rookie safety(godfrey) who IMO, has possibly hit the "roookie wall". He has been out of postion a lot the past few games. That has lead to some pretty big passing plays against us.

Ken lucas, our CB, has really taken the brunt of godfreys mistakes. Chris Gamble, our other CB, is very solid. He is rarely thrown too as he is a very smart cover man..

This game will be won on the offensive and defensive line. If our oline can't handle your dline, we lose. But if we can handle them, our odds go up.

if peppers is contained and we get no push from our interior dline we lose.

obviously, I hope we win, the only other factors in our favor would be, this is an east coast game at our stadium.

We need this game I think more than you do.

Sucks that you guys don't have Hillis. He has been great!!

Once again, here's to NO INJURIES but a hard hitting football game.:beer:

come join us at www.carolinahuddle.com

SmilinAssasSin27
12-09-2008, 08:33 PM
welcome. Thanx for the insight

jrelway
12-09-2008, 08:42 PM
we have a very good shot to win this game. Any given sunday guys. Plus we're hot on the road.

underrated29
12-09-2008, 09:34 PM
injury free?

I cant remember the last time we had an injury free game.

Great post btw panther man.

I think your offensive line will easily handle our dline. Doom might get in a sack, but our dline is not good.

However, I do think our Oline will handle peppers and your Dline. I understand thats a big task, and i can easily see peppers getting a sack, but our oline has been vastly underrated.

Really imo the game will come down to you guys pounding us up the ass with the run. And us flying high through the air.

We will both get our shots, at both of our areas of expertise. You have the edge as SS and your running game, where as we have passing but no run game.

I would also like to add that tatum bell sucks and you will contain him easily. But we have two other rookies, one who has 2 whole carries and the other with 0. I do think though that boyd will be our best back and if the coaches have their heads on right he might just tilt the scales a little more back to even. You will still have the edge as stewie is the guy i wanted us to draft, but this hopefully will be a shootout......of course with us coming out on top.

welcome

DenBronx
12-10-2008, 12:23 AM

peppers plays rde and already has 12.5 sacks this year so yeah clady is going to have his hands full. this matchup alone is going to be key to winning this game.

Lonestar
12-10-2008, 02:07 AM
hey bronco fans. Panther fan here. I just wanted to stop by and say that I hope for an injury free game on Sunday. This game will be a big test for us because we seem to play great one week then crappy the next. Your team is very solid. I am worried about Cutler the most. Incredible arm and is not easily frustrated.

I have read thru most of this thread and many of you have made many valid points. Your guys know you football unlike the Aints and Fal-excons fans we have to deal with every year.

the keys to the panthers winning imo will be;

run run run. If we can, our odds go up a lot, if we can't and have to rely on Jake, well.... ummmm... I think Jake would have to play the game of his life to carry the team to a victory against you guys. If Champ is back, he could really make jake's day a long one.

Our Defense must play with the same intensity they did against the bucs. the past 4 -5 games we have given up a lot of points. I don't want this game to be a slug fest on offense in the air. Cutler has the advantage and if that happens and he gets on a roll, that could be trouble for us.

I saw where someone here said our secondary is soft. I disagree. As of late our secondary has not played to their potential. we have a rookie safety(godfrey) who IMO, has possibly hit the "roookie wall". He has been out of postion a lot the past few games. That has lead to some pretty big passing plays against us.

Ken lucas, our CB, has really taken the brunt of godfreys mistakes. Chris Gamble, our other CB, is very solid. He is rarely thrown too as he is a very smart cover man..

This game will be won on the offensive and defensive line. If our oline can't handle your dline, we lose. But if we can handle them, our odds go up.

if peppers is contained and we get no push from our interior dline we lose.

obviously, I hope we win, the only other factors in our favor would be, this is an east coast game at our stadium.

We need this game I think more than you do.

Sucks that you guys don't have Hillis. He has been great!!

Once again, here's to NO INJURIES but a hard hitting football game.:beer:

come join us at www.carolinahuddle.com

Injury free game what is that?

If your OLINE is worth a crap and it should be if you ran for 300+ on TPA you should have ZERO issues with our uber crappy DL.. I think we have like 6 maybe 7 DL sacks all year and 3-4 of them came in one game..

If Y'all run the ball unless we come out with something really exotic in LB duty this week it should not be an issue.. If webster our crappy MLB plays alot and not our hot rookie MLB/FB Larsen plays your pretty much guaranteed 200 yards on eh ground and that might be 200 each..

Barrett is a great young rookie FS that had to baby sit Tony G the SAN TE all Sunday.. Did fine job on him considering the few number of plays he has had all year.. He probably doubled them in the last game..

I fear your running game and passing game if we can't put some heat on Jake.. Which so far this year we have not done.

Jay can play with the best of them if Y'all do not get into his head.. If he is good Jay it will be a long day for your DB's if he is Bad Jay the DL/DB's will have a field day..

Let pray for a good game and that all the plays are good one. and NO injuries.. If you have not already figured it out our starting TB #7 on the depth chart was selling cell phones a few weeks ago..

Great fans of other teams are always weclome here..l:salute:

sanluis
12-15-2008, 12:50 PM

My prediction

Carolina 42

You guys are just too banged up. I did get close to the score :shocked::lol: