PDA

View Full Version : What is Selvin Youngs status?

Medford Bronco
12-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Is he coming back next week as it seems he will be needed
for some carries.

Any information frome anyone is much appreciated.

Lonestar
12-08-2008, 05:45 PM
dog house!!!

Magnificent Seven
12-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Tatum Bell and Spencer Larsen would be fine.

Bronco9798
12-08-2008, 06:18 PM
He needs to get back if he's going to hit the 2,000 yard mark ;-). Any RB is doomed that plays this year. I'm not sure if it's even worth trying to rush anybody back at this point.

We just need a body right now to get some touches and keep the defenses as honest as we can on the run and rely on Cutler and his ability to get us to where ever we end up. From this point on, nobody is going to even give our running game an honest chance. We only go as far as the passing game takes us.

bcbronc
12-08-2008, 06:24 PM
one of the articles posted somewhere said he fully participated in practise last week for the first time in a while, but was scratched for special teams help. if that's accurate, I'd expect him and Tater to split carries next week. I guess one will run wide right, the other spread left? QB draws to keep the defense honest.....siiiiigh......

Dean
12-08-2008, 06:33 PM
I can't ever remember having a position hit as hard with injuries as our running back position has been hit this year.

This is like those 500 year floods. People talk about the possibility of them happening but they never seem to occur. Who would have actually thought that this could occur? An even bigger question is how are we 8-5 with this and a miriad of other injuries which whould be dragging the team down.

This goes beyond smoke and mirrors. Players, coaches, Greek and his staff are to be commended. :beer: The strength and conditioning guy should be burned at the stake.:tsk: . . . figuratively of course.

GEM
12-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Anyone who is even a little bit superstitious isn't going to want the rb position here. :tsk:

I was being a bit facetious there, so don't come unglued anyone.

Hobe
12-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Hell! I'm looking forward to seeing Larsen run the ball. I bet he tears it up!

bcbronc
12-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Hell! I'm looking forward to seeing Larsen run the ball. I bet he tears it up!

by "it" do you mean his knee or his shoulder?

*knocking on wood*

PatricktheDookie
12-08-2008, 07:00 PM
by "it" do you mean his knee or his shoulder?

*knocking on wood*

I rofl'd. :lol:

OrangeHoof
12-08-2008, 07:05 PM
At this point, I'd sit Young until the playoffs or give him one game to get back in game shape. Why risk him when you have the division practically wrapped up?

What's Mike Anderson doing right now? Detron Smith? Derek Loville? We ought to be able to find somebody to bring out of mothballs. Did we finally run out of Bells?

At this point, I'm all for giving Selvin a little work to shake off the rust and then hold him out for the playoffs. If, for nothing else, he could add a dimension for playoff opponents to plan for that they don't know for sure what they will be facing.

Superchop 7
12-09-2008, 02:03 AM
He is a wimp........thats his status.

Magnificent Seven
12-09-2008, 02:13 AM
I think that Cory Boyd could surprise us. He has a good size and able to burst a hole. he racked up 2,267 rushing yards and 1,303 receiving yards in college football. I believe that he can prove it to us.

PatricktheDookie
12-09-2008, 04:16 AM
Don't forget that Selvin was averaging well over 5 yards per carry for us, and he's really strong on screen passes.

LoyalSoldier
12-09-2008, 05:06 AM
He is a wimp........thats his status.

Yea, but he is one of the last whimps left on the roster. Frankly he has shown a little more than Tatum.

Dirk
12-09-2008, 07:45 AM
I agree, Selvin IMHO would be my pick over Tater. I'm not a Tater supporter at all. You have to be able to break a tackle once in a while. Sure if there is a gaping hole any back could run for big yards, but that hole isn't always going to be there. And *knock on wood* he seems to fumble at the worst possible times.

I feel really bad for Hillis! He came in and was doing so well to have to go out for the rest of the season like this.

Dean
12-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Selvin Young was just placed on IR along with Pope. This may be the end of the Selvin Young NFL career.

jrelway
12-22-2008, 05:09 PM
kubiak will pick selvin up.

Medford Bronco
12-22-2008, 05:10 PM
kubiak will pick selvin up.

and then cut him like Jeb:laugh: