PDA

View Full Version : Someone please tell shanny...

underrated29
12-08-2008, 12:08 PM
To start POPE and lex's BFF Cory Boyd instead of bell. PLEASE- Shanny do not give bell the start. Get boyd or pope in there, especially against a solid carolina defense.

Pope and Boyd both seem to have the ability to shed tackles and run through some others.

Yes, i am basing this off of the 2 whole plays that pope has run in the nfl. But i gurantee you those two plays bell would have been stuffed like a turkey.

PLEASE SHANNY START BOYD OR POPE- you will not regret it.

You can mix in some bell (if young cant go), but do not give him more than 10 carries!

Bell fans- flame away.

claymore
12-08-2008, 12:11 PM
I think having 3 RB's dress for game day isnt a bad Idea... :D Maybe one will make it to the 4th Qtr.

LordTrychon
12-08-2008, 12:17 PM
I think having 3 RB's dress for game day isnt a bad Idea... :D Maybe one will make it to the 4th Qtr.

Clay, you better knock on wood.... :tsk:

claymore
12-08-2008, 12:21 PM

Merlin the Magician couldnt keep our running backs healthy at this point. But I will knock just in case.

shank
12-08-2008, 12:21 PM

something tells me that clay will misinterpret this :D

i'm not a bell basher, but i agree that pope should get the start. he had good vision and ran with power when he got his chance, and that's what we need out of our 'starter.' i haven't seen boyd, so i can't comment on how we should use him.

let pope do what he can, and save bell in spell-duty for the 2nd half when the holes start opening up more.

Dreadnought
12-08-2008, 12:35 PM

something tells me that clay will misinterpret this

Too easy, but I've have no doubt he's already done this at least once already today. At home? At the office? Who knows.

I'd rather start Tatum, but I'd love to see Pope get some more reps FWIW.

shank
12-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Too easy, but I've have no doubt he's already done this at least once already today. At home? At the office? Who knows.

I'd rather start Tatum, but I'd love to see Pope get some more reps FWIW.

tatum is too valuable as a big-play guy to use him early IMO. he also struggles with consistency from run to run, and in the first half consistency is the most important thing to me. i want long, time consuming drives that wear out and demoralize the opponent. i think pope is better suited to do this than tatum, and if we start pope, we get the added bonus of tatum's speed late in the game when it's most dangerous.

underrated29
12-08-2008, 01:04 PM
tatum is too valuable as a big-play guy to use him early IMO. he also struggles with consistency from run to run, and in the first half consistency is the most important thing to me. i want long, time consuming drives that wear out and demoralize the opponent. i think pope is better suited to do this than tatum, and if we start pope, we get the added bonus of tatum's speed late in the game when it's most dangerous.

yes, this is exactly what i am talking about. Sadly, I know that they will give bell the start. I have such a bad feeling for this game already. mainly because everyone knows we arent going to run it. If bell does start i hope we just dink and dunk and chew up 5-6 yard pass plays to get a rhythm going. Only then will we maybe have a chance with bell.

But you are right, he is best suited to blow past the tired defense in the 4th qtr after jay, brandon, royal, scheff, and pope/boyd beat them up.

Superchop 7
12-08-2008, 11:32 PM
I start Caulcrick at FB.

Herana Daze Jones at tailback.

I rest Larsen as much as I can.

Bell is the RB in the second half.

This is the best talent we could put on the field.

deacon
12-09-2008, 12:23 AM
I'm not a TB fan but he did average 4.7 per carry against the chiefs. That's not too shabby.

sneakers
12-09-2008, 12:38 AM

I think the invasion of Normandy had a lesser rate of attrition than a Denver Bronco back in 2008.