12-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Championship!

Medford Bronco
12-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Championship!

Championship:confused: like WWE :laugh: jk

Shazam!
12-08-2008, 11:58 AM
I hope Top gives us his guarantee again.

sacmar
12-08-2008, 11:59 AM
We'll beat the panthers ass lock up the division and waive at rivers from the bench in the last game as we sit our starters for the playofffs.

MOtorboat
I think I am supposed to respond with:

I unjinx your jinx.

Medford Bronco
I hope Top gives us his guarantee again.

he is like Joe Namath:salute::beer::salute:
lookout Suzie Kulber :lol:

Medford Bronco
12-08-2008, 12:01 PM
also this game sets up the the NYJ game

Dellome is very inconsistent like Favre is and can throw his picks.
Stop their running game, easier said than done, and you have a legit
shot at it and pray for no more injuries please

Lonestar
12-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Could very well happen to this YO YO team, depends on which team shows up good Jay or bad Jay..

broncofaninfla
12-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Sure wish we had Hillis so we could bust them in the mouth with his power running! We will miss that smash mouth element.

NightTrainLayne
12-08-2008, 12:21 PM
There is no reason to believe that we can beat the Panthers at their place. Our D doesn't really match up well, and they control their own destiny for the #1 seed in the NFC. They have a lot to play for, and we're due for an immature let-down.

MasterShake
12-08-2008, 12:58 PM
There is no reason to believe that we can beat the Panthers at their place. Our D doesn't really match up well, and they control their own destiny for the #1 seed in the NFC. They have a lot to play for, and we're due for an immature let-down.

Or maybe we are so young and dumb of a team we don't know when we are outmatched and we squeak out a victory! :laugh:

I was more nervous about the Atlanta game, I think this one may be a close win for us in a low scoring affair.

Lonestar
12-08-2008, 12:59 PM

Best term I think I've seen great play on words..

BroncoJoe
12-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Mood = optimistic.

At least the game was flexed to a late start.

DenBronx
12-08-2008, 01:21 PM
well looks like champ, young and dj will all be back.

MOtorboat
12-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Mood = optimistic.

At least the game was flexed to a late start.

Yeah, I think I might get to watch it too...I was thinking I wouldn't get to see it.

But, CBS has the doubleheader. Kansas City plays early at home, so they can't play a game opposite of the Chiefs, so they have to play the late Fox game, and since CBS has the doubleheader, they should play a late CBS game here...:breath:...which means, they have to pick between New England at Oakland, Pittsburgh at Baltimore, or Denver at Carolina, which means they should pick the AFC West game, which means Denver, but the Pittsburgh-Baltimore game might be the national game with Nance and Simms, though...

Medford Bronco
12-08-2008, 01:46 PM

Control their own destiny if they win tonight. I hope Tampa kicks their asses as I feel they are very overrated.

Italianmobstr7
12-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Control their own destiny if they win tonight. I hope Tampa kicks their asses as I feel they are very overrated.

Wow, kind of surprised by the hate for the Panthers. I don't see how they're overrated at 9-3...They've played really well this year. Delhomme if he's on, is a good qb. He kind of reminds me of Plummer though. I could care less who wins tonight. I'd rather the Panthers I guess because then they'll probably be due for a let down game against us.

Medford Bronco
12-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Wow, kind of surprised by the hate for the Panthers. I don't see how they're overrated at 9-3...They've played really well this year. Delhomme if he's on, is a good qb. He kind of reminds me of Plummer though. I could care less who wins tonight. I'd rather the Panthers I guess because then they'll probably be due for a let down game against us.

Maybe I hate Dellome more than the Panthers, due to his cocky ways

I do have Tampa in my pool though;)

I just want us to get in the playoffs any way possible. A win next week would be the icing on the cake

LRtagger
12-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I think I might get to watch it too...I was thinking I wouldn't get to see it.

But, CBS has the doubleheader. Kansas City plays early at home, so they can't play a game opposite of the Chiefs, so they have to play the late Fox game, and since CBS has the doubleheader, they should play a late CBS game here...:breath:...which means, they have to pick between New England at Oakland, Pittsburgh at Baltimore, or Denver at Carolina, which means they should pick the AFC West game, which means Denver, but the Pittsburgh-Baltimore game might be the national game with Nance and Simms, though...

This is the one game all year I KNEW I would be able to watch on TV thats not a primetime game. One game every 4 years :tsk:

MOtorboat
12-08-2008, 02:49 PM
This is the one game all year I KNEW I would be able to watch on TV thats not a primetime game. One game every 4 years :tsk:

I hope they sell the game out, for your sake. :wave:

KCL
12-08-2008, 04:01 PM
he is like Joe Namath:salute::beer::salute:
lookout Suzie Kulber :lol:

OMG...That was hilarious! Sorry Med...had to post this.

HQqIQyT-RuM

NightTrainLayne
12-08-2008, 04:28 PM

To be honest, I'd rather have them win and be confident. I don't like playing teams after a loss, especially at their place.

bcbronc
12-08-2008, 06:45 PM
on paper, this is a classic "trap game" for Carolina. big divisional match up tonight with two teams at 9-3. then they play at NYG the week after us in a game that could factor into home field advantage in the NFC. easy to overlook the lowly AFC team from a pathetic division playing their sixth string running back.

Lonestar
12-08-2008, 06:48 PM
on paper, this is a classic "trap game" for Carolina. big divisional match up tonight with two teams at 9-3. then they play at NYG the week after us in a game that could factor into home field advantage in the NFC. easy to overlook the lowly AFC team from a pathetic division playing their sixth string running back.

we can only hope.. But I'd guess they will be loaded for bear trying to get a bye week most good teams are not inconsistant..

EastCoastBronco
12-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Reverse psychology thread again. :lol: worked last time didnt it :salute:

Go Broncos and play like you did at Atlanta and NYJ and you have
a real shot of winning this game vs an overrated Panther team IMO

I'm watching the Tampa/Carolina game as we sppeak and they don't look very overrated to me. DeAngelo Williams is a horse...

Superchop 7
12-08-2008, 10:59 PM
This is a no-pressure game for Denver.

Just go out and have fun.

Don't even look at the film.

Try every trick play in the book.

Let Jay call the offense.

Let Nate call the defense.

(Would those guys ever try hard then)

Rest everybody that needs rest.

No big deal.

Northman
12-08-2008, 11:06 PM
The great news is Tampa plays SD next right? They will be pissed! lmao

SmilinAssasSin27
12-08-2008, 11:28 PM
This will not be the first time I say this:

We better not screw up against Buffalo.

BroncoTech
12-08-2008, 11:49 PM
9 and 3 speaks for itself. We have our hands full with a power running game that broke Tampa tonight. 300 yards rushing wins even with 2 turnovers. I hope they over look us coming off a big division win. And I hope we can stay healthy for Buffalo.

hamrob
12-09-2008, 12:02 AM
10-3 now and they were dominant. Over 300 yards rushing against a very good Bucs D. The Panthers are probably the best team we've faced all year...next to the Jets. Can we stop the run? Can we contain Steve Smith. Can we limit our turnovers against the 8th ranked defense in the league. Very tough game this week folks!

Requiem / The Dagda
12-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Good thoughts Hamrob. But you left one thing out. . .

"Can we get away with kidnapping the Williams/Stewart duo?"

We could use 'em. :D

Superchop 7
12-09-2008, 01:55 AM
Tampa Bay will kick the crap out of S.D.

No worries.

sneakers
12-09-2008, 06:03 AM
I think they will too :eek:

NightTrainLayne
12-09-2008, 10:36 AM
We don't match up well with them, and they are playing at a high level right now. I'm just hoping we don't have any more injuries. We will have to score on every possession probably to win it (and they'll be able to tee off on Cutler), and they will most likely control the clock. I just have a hard time seeing us come out with a win on this one.

pnbronco
12-09-2008, 10:43 AM
9 and 3 speaks for itself. We have our hands full with a power running game that broke Tampa tonight. 300 yards rushing wins even with 2 turnovers. I hope they over look us coming off a big division win. And I hope we can stay healthy for Buffalo.

Well said. I just hope we can come out of this healthy. The only good thing that everyone out there will say we can't win this one, so the Broncos will be relaxed and they seem to play better that way.

Medford Bronco
12-09-2008, 10:44 AM
I'm watching the Tampa/Carolina game as we sppeak and they don't look very overrated to me. DeAngelo Williams is a horse...

I was wrong on that overrated :doh:

MasterShake
12-09-2008, 10:58 AM
We don't match up well with them, and they are playing at a high level right now. I'm just hoping we don't have any more injuries. We will have to score on every possession probably to win it (and they'll be able to tee off on Cutler), and they will most likely control the clock. I just have a hard time seeing us come out with a win on this one.

I agree. I had this one pegged as a loss for a while now. But you are forgetting three important things: 1. San 2. Diego 3. Sucks.

Even with this loss we have a good chance at a 9-7/10-6 record and a HOME PLAYOFF GAME! Who cares if we lose? The Broncos get a home playoff game unless we totally have a meltdown! If we haven't melted down with the adversity we have faced so far, I think theres a pretty good chance I'm gonna line up at Invesco to get some some HOME BRONCOS PLAYOFF TICKETS. How cool is that?

Not only that, but being AFC WEST CHAMPIONS is a pretty cool early Christmas present. I don't care if all that means is just one more week of Broncos football before next season, this team has impressed the hell out of me. Unlike previous years we started strong, struggled a bit, and are now finishing strong. Thats all you can hope for unless you are some fan who thinks your team is the best team to never win a Super Bowl (ch-cha-CHARGERS! Ew, bless me. I must have a cold). I don't expect a Super Bowl every year, every year I just want them to play hard and have meaningful football in December and January. We do, and 26 teams won't. Thats pretty special. :salute:

(P.S. I really don't hate the Chargers that much. Not ripping on Charger fans here, just this guy at work named Dan who trolls here without posting. He is from Sacramento and used to like the Raiders but magically likes the Chargers since 2003. I told him he should just buy an Eli Manning Jersey and get ready for next season.)

LRtagger
12-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Our best bet is going to be putting up 35+ point just like the Falcons did a couple weeks ago beating them (45-28). If we can control the clock and not turn the ball over we have a good shot. Even if we cant stop the run. We are going to have to play our butts off like we did against the Jets. It is a winnable game, but we will have to play our best football to pull it off.

MasterShake
12-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Our best bet is going to be putting up 35+ point just like the Falcons did a couple weeks ago beating them (45-28). If we can control the clock and not turn the ball over we have a good shot. Even if we cant stop the run. We are going to have to play our butts off like we did against the Jets. It is a winnable game, but we will have to play our best football to pull it off.

Clock control will be tough without a pounding running back. Interesting to see the gameplan. Maybe we can just steal a win? This could be a trap game for THEM.

LRtagger
12-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Clock control will be tough without a pounding running back. Interesting to see the gameplan. Maybe we can just steal a win? This could be a trap game for THEM.

We controlled the clock against KC with a limited running game. Expect to see a lot of underneath throws and more WR screens.

MasterShake
12-09-2008, 11:19 AM
We controlled the clock against KC with a limited running game. Expect to see a lot of underneath throws and more WR screens.

I expect to see a lot of that. Lets get Graham and Scheffler going early to set up some long bombs!

Medford Bronco
12-09-2008, 11:21 AM
No turnovers will go a long way in giving us a chance to win this game.

MasterShake
12-09-2008, 11:22 AM
No turnovers will go a long way in giving us a chance to win this game.

I also fully expect for Marshall to have a HUGE game regardless of the outcome. No reasoning, I just expect it.

NightTrainLayne
12-09-2008, 11:26 AM
I also fully expect for Marshall to have a HUGE game regardless of the outcome. No reasoning, I just expect it.

You know. .. it's situations like there where your Liberal, Utopian, hope/change attitude really comes in handy. . . :D

Fan in Exile
12-09-2008, 11:31 AM
If we score early and get Delhomme to throw an INT or two we could come out with a win. Champ can shut down smith which would leave the rest of the D to focus on Stewart and Williams. Our O-line should be able to give Cutler time and we can always use Graham to help out if we have to. It's not that bad of a match up for us, in that we certainly have a chance.

I'll tell you after the game how good of a chance I think we have.:D

MasterShake
12-09-2008, 11:32 AM
You know. .. it's situations like there where your Liberal, Utopian, hope/change attitude really comes in handy. . . :D

Yes. I don't need any proof. I just HOPE Marshall will have a good game, and be a game-CHANGER. Even it he doesn't he still gets paid for not doing much work. Couldn't get more liberal than that!

NightTrainLayne
12-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Yes. I don't need any proof. I just HOPE Marshall will have a good game, and be a game-CHANGER. Even it he doesn't he still gets paid for not doing much work. Couldn't get more liberal than that!

Some day I hope to drink many hand-crafted brews with you.

EastCoastBronco
12-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I say let them control the clock all they want. We haven't been a ball control team since TD hung up the cleats. If we can stay with them on the scoreboard by scoring quick, then let them eat all the clock they want with Stewart and Williams....As long as we get the ball last...;-)

sacmar
12-09-2008, 12:29 PM
We can beat anyone out there with no turnovers and semi decent play on "D".....the panthers don't worry me at all. I was more concerned about loosing to the chiefs after beating the jets, that would be more like us this year. The cats are in trouble.

gscottnc5
12-09-2008, 09:08 PM
I'd rather the Panthers I guess because then they'll probably be due for a let down game against us.

Panthers fan her. Whats up guys. This is what i am afraid of. Let down game. If we play against you like we did against the bucs, we win. If we come out flat, It's gonna be tough.

Your Run game doesn't scare me, you d doesn't either. Jay Cutler, royal, champ scare me. Three players that make others around them better scares me. If we can pressure jay and put some good hits on him, we win.

I am very nervous about this game. Let's hope the panthers show up and not the kitty cats.

gscottnc5
12-09-2008, 09:11 PM
We can beat anyone out there with no turnovers and semi decent play on "D".....the panthers don't worry me at all. I was more concerned about loosing to the chiefs after beating the jets, that would be more like us this year. The cats are in trouble.

WOW!! how much homerade have you had today? you were more concerned about the chiefs? is it because you didn't want a let down game? I hope so

Zweems56
12-09-2008, 09:14 PM
WOW!! how much homerade have you had today? you were more concerned about the chiefs? is it because you didn't want a let down game? I hope so

Yes. thats what he meant. Kind of like how we beat atlanta away and hten get decimated by the raiders at home. Then go and destroy the jets away and then........ Eek out a win at home against the chiefs.

gscottnc5
12-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Yes. thats what he meant. Kind of like how we beat atlanta away and hten get decimated by the raiders at home. Then go and destroy the jets away and then........ Eek out a win at home against the chiefs.

sounds like us. :laugh:

gscottnc5
12-09-2008, 10:13 PM
here are some fact i looked up about the panthers and denver

The panthers have beaten 5 of the top 10 QB's in the league this year
Matt ryan
Kurt Warner
Drew Brees
Phillip Rivers
Aaron Rodgers

Will Jay Cutler be the next?

Italianmobstr7
12-09-2008, 10:20 PM
And they've lost to

Gus Frerotte...
Jeff Garcia...
Matt Ryan...

Will they lose to Jay Cutler next?

Guess we'll find out. Also, your list up there says that you're scared of "Cutler, Royal, Champ." What about Brandon Marshall? I know that I'm scared of Steve Smith, even with Champ. That guy is awesome.

gscottnc5
12-09-2008, 10:41 PM
And they've lost to

Gus Frerotte...
Jeff Garcia...
Matt Ryan...

Will they lose to Jay Cutler next?

Guess we'll find out. Also, your list up there says that you're scared of "Cutler, Royal, Champ." What about Brandon Marshall? I know that I'm scared of Steve Smith, even with Champ. That guy is awesome.

I meant to type marshall, but my damn dog started barking so I had to check on her. oops!! Marshall is a beast. yes we lost to minn and tampa, but we lost those games more so of us not showing up not because of their QB. I'l give you matt ryan. he is for real but we did beat him pretty good too

SmilinAssasSin27
12-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Nice site scott. I've had fun bantering w/ all of you...but Denver is more balanced than Zona :hi:

gscottnc5
12-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Nice site scott. I've had fun bantering w/ all of you...but Denver is more balanced than Zona :hi:

I agree over the course of the year you are much more balabced. But as of today with your injuries at RB, you are relying on tatum bell, cj pope. IMO, this makes you more 1 dimensional thank arizona.

gscottnc5
12-09-2008, 10:53 PM

BTW- you'll notice at www.carolinahuddle.com the servers were hacked last week and they had to shutdown our site. so you'll notice posters looking fairly new. We've been around for a while. everyone had to re register, it f'ing sucked

SmilinAssasSin27
12-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Yeah...that's what they said (I'm 27atwater on your site). Seems like a decent level headed group over there.

sacmar
12-10-2008, 02:20 PM
$#@% the panthers.