PDA

View Full Version : Broncos have advanced to playoff seed # 3

Magnificent Seven
12-08-2008, 12:28 AM
During the regular season, the NFL Playoff Race Bracket and Seeds reflect how the playoffs would stand if the season ended up to that point. The NFL playoffs are not based on a pure bracket system. In the divisional playoffs, the No. 1 seed is assured of playing the lowest-seeded Wild Card survivor. There are no restrictions on intra-division games and the higher seed of any matchup will have home-field advantage.

AFC Playoff tiebreakers

* N.Y. Jets earns the AFC East division title along with the No. 4 seed based on head-to-head against New England and Miami (2-1 vs. 2-2 for Patriots and 1-2 for Dolphins).
* Denver earns the No. 3 seed based on head-to-head over the N.Y. Jets (1-0).
* Indianapolis earns the No. 5 seed based on head-to-head over Baltimore (1-0).

NFC Playoff tiebreakers

* Tampa Bay earns the No. 2 seed based on head-to-head over Carolina (1-0).
* Minnesota earns the No. 3 seed based on conference record over Arizona (6-3 to Cardinals' 6-4).
* Dallas earns the No. 6 seed based on conference record over Atlanta (6-4 to Falcons' 5-4).

AFC Teams eliminated from playoff contention

* Cincinnati (Week 12), Kansas City (Week 13), Oakland (Week 14), Cleveland (Week 14), Jacksonville (Week 14), Houston (Week 14)

NFC Teams eliminated from playoff contention

* Detroit (Week 11), St. Louis (Week 12), Seattle (Week 13), San Francisco (Week 14)

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/seeds

Magnificent Seven
12-08-2008, 12:29 AM
Look like Broncos will host the Baltimore Ravens in wildcard game.

Italianmobstr7
12-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Look like Broncos will host the Baltimore Ravens in wildcard game.

There's still 3 weeks left. A lot can happen in that amount of time.... Don't count your chickens before they hatch. The Pats can still win the AFC East, and the Ravens could fall off and 2 teams from the AFC East can get in like the Jets-Pats or Jets-Dolphins, or even Dolphins-Pats. There's too much time to say we'll be playing the Ravens in round 1.

PatricktheDookie
12-08-2008, 12:36 AM
I'd just be happy to be in the playoffs.

honz
12-08-2008, 12:37 AM
I'll start paying attention to what seed we are going to be when we actually clinch a playoff spot. We are looking good right now, but crazier stuff has happened.

broncophan
12-08-2008, 03:01 AM
I'll start paying attention to what seed we are going to be when we actually clinch a playoff spot. We are looking good right now, but crazier stuff has happened.

Yep........as inconsistant as the broncos are.......I am not so sure we will win any of our 3 remaining games......and the only one of the 3 we will be favored to win is Buffalo.

and I would not be surprised if the Chargers win out....

CrazyHorse
12-08-2008, 03:21 AM
yep........as inconsistant as the broncos are.......i am not so sure we will win any of our 3 remaining games......and the only one of the 3 we will be favored to win is buffalo.

And i would not be surprised if
the chargers win out....
sd @ tb = l

broncophan
12-08-2008, 03:33 AM
sd @ tb = l

I hope you are right.......:D

sacmar
12-08-2008, 11:28 AM
....and someone asked if we should even want our team in the playoffs ??!! It wasn't the greatest win but it was sure a whole lot better than just sitting around waiting for the other team to run of air like usual at home this year, once the playoffs start this freakin thing is up for grabs and for a team like ours who can beat the giants one week and loose to stanford the next it's gonna be nerve wrecking but fun.

underrated29
12-08-2008, 12:24 PM
I do not want to face the ravens at all!

Any team besides the ravens. Their defense is really tough, and they would probably run all over us with big boy mclain.

The colts, or dolphins imo would be a better matchup. We are a good team in a shoot out. Not in a tight low scoring game. Any team that can keep us under 14pts in the first half has a very legit chance of winning.

I dont think the phins, colts could do that. And if they cant do that, then we will probably put up 30+.