PDA

View Full Version : So Demaryius is a better option than Eron?

Jsteve01
09-12-2011, 04:24 PM
WTF makes DT a better option than Eron Riley? Im not being sarcastic at all. I love DT's potential, but let's not forget, it's not like he came out of a pass oriented offense. He's basically a big huge target, with superb athleticism....ala said Eron Riley. So again, am I bonkers to say that at this point the only thing that separates the two is injury problems and draft position.

Northman
09-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Right now, i dont think so. But DT was a first round pick so i think the FO is scared to let him go just because he's been injured. I dont know if there is a way to keep him on the practice squad and put Riley in place or not so im not sure how all that works out.

Jsteve01
09-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Right now, i dont think so. But DT was a first round pick so i think the FO is scared to let him go just because he's been injured. I dont know if there is a way to keep him on the practice squad and put Riley in place or not so im not sure how all that works out.

they could have PUPed him for the first 8 weeks to make sure he's ok. If there's one thing I've become certain of with DT it's that you can't rush him back from injury. There's no way he'd make it to the practice squad though, he'd never clear waivers.

underrated29
09-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Eron riley sucks. That is why.

Aside from his two catch and runs against 3rd teamers who also are not playing NFl football right now no one would ever know who he is.

Todd devoe
David Kircus
Bj Johnson
Triandus Luke
Britt Davis- all say hi.

DT- is big, strong, Super fast, and has tore up superior competition in college and NFL...

The difference is we can probably trade DT for a 3rd, injured, right now if we wanted. Where as Riley we could not trade for a 7th in 2020.

underrated29
09-12-2011, 04:55 PM
they could have PUPed him for the first 8 weeks to make sure he's ok. If there's one thing I've become certain of with DT it's that you can't rush him back from injury. There's no way he'd make it to the practice squad though, he'd never clear waivers.

Agree on all matters!!!

still not sure why we didnt pup, cept maybe he will be back sooner?

claymore
09-12-2011, 04:59 PM
I still love Todd Devoe. I dont care what anyone says.

Jsteve01
09-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Eron riley sucks. That is why.

Aside from his two catch and runs against 3rd teamers who also are not playing NFl football right now no one would ever know who he is.

Todd devoe
David Kircus
Bj Johnson
Triandus Luke
Britt Davis- all say hi.

DT- is big, strong, Super fast, and has tore up superior competition in college and NFL...

The difference is we can probably trade DT for a 3rd, injured, right now if we wanted. Where as Riley we could not trade for a 7th in 2020.

DT was a project, no two ways about it. No familiarity with an NFL route tree. He and Eron had similar numbers in college and Riley is actually faster than Thomas. Beyond the big game vs the hawks last year Thomas hasn't done much in the league.

Jsteve01
09-12-2011, 05:16 PM
oh and Duke and GT are both ACC schools so Im not sure DT did it agains superior competition

silkamilkamonico
09-12-2011, 05:23 PM
DT was regarded as a top 3 WR talent while he was in college, that's why.

Eron Riley cleared waivers for a reason. That means 31 other teams, including the Denver Broncos, did not want him on their active roster.

titan
09-12-2011, 05:27 PM

Elway on his radio show today said if they put DT on the PUP list he couldn't practice with the team. So even though he wasn't ready for game action they kept him on the active roster so he could practice. Elway said DT just has to get in game shape. The broken finger is a setback,, but Elway didn't think it would impact DT's recovery time (i.e. by the time he's in football shape the finger will be OK)

Was DT a bad pick? If you take away his injury history, he was a 1st round talent. Go back and watch his highlights against Seattle and the Jets last year. A huge receiver who can run.

I personally don't like to see the Broncos draft anyone with an injury history or coming off a serious injury, so I wouldn't have taken DT, but McD made worse draft picks/personnel moves (like trading a #1 for Alphonso)

hotcarl
09-12-2011, 05:31 PM
wut? whos that guy?..:confused:

NightTerror218
09-12-2011, 05:33 PM
DT was also considered top pick WR before his injury and then fell. But apparently not too far.

rationalfan
09-12-2011, 06:08 PM
i suspect if DT was drafted by shanny, there wouldn't be this debate. yes, the dude gets injured as often as mr. glass, but he's a striking physical specimen who produces - when he's actually on the field.

i barely know eron riley exists.

rationalfan
09-12-2011, 06:12 PM

elway talked about the decision to not pup DT on the radio; the team wanted him to be a part of the practices so he could absorb/understand the offenses while he was mending. if he's on the pup, he can't practice at all during the six week period. and elway said they'd rather have DT learn than sign some bottom feeder (not elway's words) who won't be on the squad at the end of the season.

to me, this indicates the team believes DT is worth the time and frustration of his injuries.

hotcarl
09-12-2011, 06:15 PM
I wish I had a pup :(

SR
09-12-2011, 07:03 PM

I also think it would be unwise of the front office to let DT go based on his injury history. DT has freakish size/speed/strength/abilities, a lot like TO, Marshall, David Boston. Yeah, having an injury prone WR with that kind of ability is unfortunate, but until the Broncos can see what he can do on the field consistently I don't think DT will go anywhere. It's impossible for someone with some common sense to see the flashes he has shown and what he did in college to just let him go.

SR
09-12-2011, 07:04 PM
DT was regarded as a top 3 WR talent while he was in college, that's why.

Eron Riley cleared waivers for a reason. That means 31 other teams, including the Denver Broncos, did not want him on their active roster.

While I agree, I don't think that's really a fair assessment. Some people just peak later than others, i.e. Brandon Lloyd. Not trying to spark a fire because I know how you get, just throwing that out there as food for thought.