PDA

View Full Version : John Elway back on the ticket Monday mornings

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2011, 12:23 PM
You can hear what he said this morning:

http://www.denverssportsstation.com/page/The_John_Elway_Show/59

Denver Native (Carol)
09-12-2011, 02:34 PM
The first thing they ask John was what is his schedule today - John replied - "a couple of try outs (or maybe he said workouts) this morning at the "office". He did not say who they were.

Ziggy
09-12-2011, 03:07 PM
I thought that the most interesting part of that interview was where Elway said that the Broncos giving Orton an extension was something that they've "talked about."

BigDaddyBronco
09-12-2011, 03:27 PM
If Orton plays well this year and we don't end up 4-12, I can see them wanting to keep Orton and drafting another defensive player.

Northman
09-12-2011, 03:37 PM
I thought that the most interesting part of that interview was where Elway said that the Broncos giving Orton an extension was something that they've "talked about."

I think some guys heads may explode if that happens. :lol:

nevcraw
09-12-2011, 07:00 PM

mine for starters! but i wish him well because he is currently the qb for my team!!!

hotcarl
09-12-2011, 11:00 PM
seems like they really know what they're doing!!! pause, NOT!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2011, 10:55 AM
The John Elway Show Part 1

The John Elway Show Part 2

http://www.denverssportsstation.com/page.php?page_id=60

If link does not get you there, it is under Ticket Replay

Mike
09-19-2011, 11:41 AM

:boom:

Cugel
09-19-2011, 02:37 PM

I keep predicting this and nobody wants to believe me.

After all: Who on this team reminds you of Jake Delhomme? Is it Tebow? No chance in Hell. Orton is a less talented version of Delhomme and that's the kind of QB that Fox wants.

He wants a guy who can drop back, execute the play action pass to perfection and throw timing patterns, then when the defense is sucked up in trying to stop the run, then throw deep off the play action.

In short, while fans seem to LOVE the "excitement" of Tebow running around "making something happen" Fox HATES that. He likes boring predictable football: run the ball, stop the run, go play action off the success of the run. Punt and don't put your defense into a tough place.

The ONE thing I think would have Fox give up on Orton is if he continues to turn the ball over. They can't win with that conservative philosophy turning the ball over.

I think even if the Broncos lose a lot of games (pretty much a given considering how bereft of talent McMoron left the team) if EFX concludes it's not Orton's fault they could extend him anyway.

And watching the Tebowniac's heads explode is just a big bonus! That's what's making me root for Orton to succeed when I know he probably won't. :beer:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-19-2011, 02:39 PM

After all: Who on this team reminds you of Jake Delhomme? Is it Tebow? No chance in Hell. Orton is a less talented version of Delhomme and that's the kind of QB that Fox wants.

He wants a guy who can drop back, execute the play action pass to perfection and throw timing patterns, then when the defense is sucked up in trying to stop the run, then throw deep off the play action.

In short, while fans seem to LOVE the "excitement" of Tebow running around "making something happen" Fox HATES that. He likes boring predictable football: run the ball, stop the run, go play action off the success of the run. Punt and don't put your defense into a tough place.

The ONE thing I think would have Fox give up on Orton is if he continues to turn the ball over. They can't win with that conservative philosophy turning the ball over.

I think even if the Broncos lose a lot of games (pretty much a given considering how bereft of talent McMoron left the team) if EFX concludes it's not Orton's fault they could extend him anyway.

And watching the Tebowniac's heads explode is just a big bonus! That's what's making me root for Orton to succeed when I know he probably won't. :beer:

Delhomme was a turnover machine his last year in Carolina and Fox still wouldn't give up on him. My confidence in Fox to make a good decision regarding QB's is not very high.

BroncoStud
09-19-2011, 03:33 PM

John Fox isn't the GM or President of Football, John Elway makes the decisions.

You're sitting here predicting an Orton extension when we will most likely be sitting at 1-4 during the bye week. You really think Orton won't be booed when we get pummelled by SD at home? Do you really think attendance won't fall to absurd levels if Denver is 1-8 going into the KC game?

Orton will not get an extension when his starting record is so poor, which it will likely be 8-30 or something in his last 38 starts at some point this year, and when the team was forced to bench him 2 years in a row... And if he does then our front office is worse than some of us would care to admit.

Orton's a goner after this season and he isn't going to survive THIS season.

Northman
09-19-2011, 03:34 PM
The John Elway Show Part 1

The John Elway Show Part 2

If link does not get you there, it is under Ticket Replay

Can you give us a bit of a rundown on what was said? I know, im being lazy.

Northman
09-19-2011, 03:36 PM

So basically we can look forward to 3 winning seasons out of 9 from here on out. Well, isnt that precious.

Slick
09-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Agreed stud.

The difference is that fox's boss is now john elway not marty hurney. Big difference.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoStud
09-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Agreed stud.

The difference is that fox's boss is now john elway not marty hurney. Big difference.

I like the fact that Elway knows the importance of QB play but I like even better that he spoke of the need for balance in today's interview.

Tned
09-19-2011, 03:54 PM

I listened to the first 15 minutes or so of Elway this morning. Talked a lot about the injuries. Said they didn't make a WR move, because as of Friday/Saturday they really expected Lloyd to play. If they had brought up a WR from the practice squad, they would have had to cut someone. Since they expected Lloyd to play, they didn't want to do that.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2011, 04:02 PM

here is some of what he said

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6992365/john-elway-denver-broncos-says-brandon-lloyd-not-playing-surprise

TXBRONC
09-19-2011, 05:01 PM

Yeah it's possible the could re-sign Orton. I said that myself just a few ago. However a couple of things to keep in mind.

1.) Elway has used the phrase "we talked about it" with several things.

2.) You're making sounds it's Fox's decision. Ultimately it's not. That's is Elway's domain. Fox will have input but the final decision is still Elway's.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2011, 07:35 PM
I did not want to start a new thread for the following, and since #7 said it a few minutes ago, I thought I would post it here.

On Mondays nights, at 6:00, ch9 has "The John Elway Show". One segment is to answer questions, submitted by fans.

A person ask John about TT playing WR, and John replied:

"No, we don't want Timmy playing WR. We are going to try to make Timmy the best QB he can be."

Nomad
09-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Does Tebow like going by Timmy or Tim? Timmy reminds me of Lassie and sort of kidlike.

BroncoJoe
09-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Timmy will answer to whatever Mr Elway wants to call him.

Nomad
09-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Timmy will answer to whatever Mr Elway wants to call him.

In other words, Elway is being condescending.

Tned
09-19-2011, 08:50 PM
In other words, Elway is being condescending.

His mother calls him Timmy. Other players have called him Timmy. I guess he's Timmy to his friends and family, but probably Mr. Tebow to you... ;)

Nomad
09-19-2011, 08:55 PM
His mother calls him Timmy. Other players have called him Timmy. I guess he's Timmy to his friends and family, but probably Mr. Tebow to you... ;)

It was a simple question. I figured the folks back in Denver had better knowledge of this;). My first name is Tim and I can't stand when people call me Timmy because that's what I was called as a little kid. Only time when people refer to me as Timmy is when they are being condescending.

I didn't know he referred to himself as Timmy.

Tned
09-19-2011, 09:01 PM
It was a simple question. I figured the folks back in Denver had better knowledge of this;). My first name is Tim and I can't stand when people call me Timmy because that's what I was called as a little kid. Only time when people refer to me as Timmy is when they are being condescending.

I didn't know he referred to himself as Timmy.

I don't know for sure what he likes, but I know I've heard players call him that. Orton referred to him as Timmy when talking about him going in as WR. I've heard other players call him that. In that SB commercial that created so much buz, his mother called him Timmy.

I figure if the other players are calling him that, it must be what he likes.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2011, 09:13 PM
I found the following article, dated Jan 5th, after John was brought on board, and before a coach was hired.

from article - Elway's words:

So, I don’t believe that anyone is going to come over and say, ‘I don’t want Tim Tebow.’ If they do, then maybe they are not the right guy for the job.”

full article:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/22956/new-leader-elway-talks-harbaugh-and-tebow

HORSEPOWER 56
09-19-2011, 09:28 PM
It looks as though we're going to activate Eron Riley, even if Lloyd plays, with the injuries to Royal and Orange Julius.

The question is, who gets the axe this time? Putting Warren on IR was logical because of his injury status, but to activate Riley, we'll have to cut someone. I vote Quinn... :D

Slick
09-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Carol if you post one more quote from elway painting tebow in a positive light people are going to start calling you a gator fan boi.

Northman
09-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Carol if you post one more quote from elway painting tebow in a positive light people are going to start calling you a gator fan boi.

Shhh,

Im glad she is posting it. Socal will have a meltdown. :lol:

Lancane
09-19-2011, 09:38 PM

I don't think anyone would call Carol that, Carol is the epitome of bleeding orange and blue, the kool-aid drinker and shade wearer!
;)

Northman
09-19-2011, 09:40 PM
I don't think anyone would call Carol that, Carol is the epitome of bleeding orange and blue, the kool-aid drinker and shade wearer!
;)

Yea, her and PN are probably the most positive fans ive ever seen. Nothing shakes them.

Lancane
09-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Yea, her and PN are probably the most positive fans ive ever seen. Nothing shakes them.

We have to give kudos to those two, Carol is usually up on the ball with posting articles and information, though she does have questions - so she is open minded, the same for PN...but both are die-hard fans who've long ago earned my respect, they're so positive that you got to love em'.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2011, 09:43 PM
i don't think anyone would call carol that, carol is the epitome of bleeding orange and blue, the kool-aid drinker and shade wearer!
;)

orange colored glasses

Ravage!!!
09-19-2011, 09:47 PM
we are not going to sign Orton to an extension. Saying the words "we talked about it" is a nice way of answering the question and leaving it up in the air. What would you rather him say, not even three games into the year "hell no we aren't going to sign him?" Come on. Elwy knows the importance of keeping a positive light on ALL players. The FO talking about how they aren't going to keep him, or extend him, doesn't do anyone ANY good..... other than to give the MB posters something to complain about.

Northman
09-19-2011, 09:56 PM
we are not going to sign Orton to an extension. Saying the words "we talked about it" is a nice way of answering the question and leaving it up in the air. What would you rather him say, not even three games into the year "hell no we aren't going to sign him?" Come on. Elwy knows the importance of keeping a positive light on ALL players. The FO talking about how they aren't going to keep him, or extend him, doesn't do anyone ANY good..... other than to give the MB posters something to complain about.

Well, you dont know if they are or their not broham. For all we know they may still reconsider it. No one on this MB knows what they will do.

Lancane
09-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Well, you dont know if they are or their not broham. For all we know they may still reconsider it. No one on this MB knows what they will do.

If they do I hope they wear raincoats, because the fans will be irate!

Northman
09-19-2011, 10:17 PM
If they do I hope they wear raincoats, because the fans will be irate!

Maybe, but this organization has done so many head scratching things it wouldnt surprise me.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2011, 10:18 PM
from article:

DenverBroncos.com will debut a live online-streamed audio show with Elway Tuesday at 2 p.m. MT. The 30-minute show, hosted by Broncos TV’s Chris Hall, will feature questions from fans for Elway. Questions will be taken via Twitter – to submit your questions, tweet using #ElwayLive.

The broadcast will then be archived to DenverBroncos.com, and will also be available through iTunes.

full article - http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/john-elway-reflects-on-sundays-victory/

Slick
09-19-2011, 10:20 PM
I love carol. She is my broncosforums mom.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-19-2011, 10:24 PM
I love carol. She is my broncosforums mom.

And by the way son - it is past your bedtime.:tsk:

Tned
09-20-2011, 07:09 AM
We have to give kudos to those two, Carol is usually up on the ball with posting articles and information, though she does have questions - so she is open minded, the same for PN...but both are die-hard fans who've long ago earned my respect, they're so positive that you got to love em'.

You and I don't always see eye-to-ey, but you nailed this one. Two great, and even tempered, fans. Unlike many of us, who act like we missed our distemper shots....

TXBRONC
09-20-2011, 08:39 AM

Good grief could you imagine the category 7 hurricane of shit that would cause? :lol:

Now is possible that could re-sign Orton? I think it's certainly possible at this point. Even though as far as we know they are not in talks with Orton and his agent it's plenty early enough for them to attempt it if they want too. That said if Orton really wants contract somewhere neighborhood of $50 million I don't see that happening here.

pnbronco
09-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Thanks guys those are really kind words. Carol and I have giant Orange Colored Glasses and for me I see this team with my heart, always have and probably always will. The head knows there are problems on this team and it will take a few years to fix, but heart loves them anyway......:D

NightTerror218
09-20-2011, 12:48 PM

How many fans can they turn away with 1 action? Orton extension would turn away many.

Tned
09-20-2011, 01:17 PM
How many fans can they turn away with 1 action? Orton extension would turn away many.

Turn away? I wouldn't think any. I can imagine some fans feeling it wasn't the right move, but it shouldn't turn any away. Players come and players go. Head coaches come and head coaches go. If you are fan of the franchise, it should go beyond any individual players or coaches.

TXBRONC
09-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Turn away? I wouldn't think any. I can imagine some fans feeling it wasn't the right move, but it shouldn't turn any away. Players come and players go. Head coaches come and head coaches go. If you are fan of the franchise, it should go beyond any individual players or coaches.

I wouldn't care for the move because I don't think Orton is a long term solution but it wouldn't turn me away from the team.

NightTerror218
09-20-2011, 05:16 PM
I wouldn't care for the move because I don't think Orton is a long term solution but it wouldn't turn me away from the team.

Would you still buy season tickets still? Given we are doing the same thing over and over and over.

Ravage!!!
09-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Would you still buy season tickets still? Given we are doing the same thing over and over and over.

yes. If I'm a true fan, and I can afford.. yes. If I don't, what am I doing, giving up my season tickets because of one single player? The Bronco fans are more loyal than this. There won't be a black-out, there won't be people dumping their season tickets based on this, and you won't see the stadium suddenly empty out. The Broncos have always had a true fanbase, and that doesn't circle around Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow.

Northman
09-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Even if they signed Orton to a longterm contract i wouldnt stop being a fan. Thats just retarded. I just wont be buying any Orton Jersey's anytime soon.

pnbronco
09-20-2011, 05:52 PM

Yup bought them this year knowing before I paid for them that he was starting. I buy the whole season from a friend and have to option to not buy them.

Totally agree with you North....I have one Orton Jersey, got it signed. Wore it to Monday night took it off at half time, not because I hate Orton because I felt like I was jinxing him. Put on the Doom one, it was in my Bronco bag, and they did better. Told hubby dang it I can never wear that jersey again, he smiled and said it's superstitious thing, huh, and said YUP.

BTW I wore Lloyd one to Sunday's game. The funny thing was I saw Sharpe going into the stadium before the game he saw the 84 and gave me a big smile and wave.....with my long hair he didn't know it wasn't him........

Denver Native (Carol)
09-20-2011, 10:02 PM

Many people, like me, have bought season tickets over and over for years - thru many years of non winning seasons, and I can tell you the crowd enthusiasm then was the same - regardless if the Broncos were winning a game or losing. Those were the years when the feet stomping started at Mile Hi - where announcers would call it Rocky Mountain Thunder, where there definitely was a home field advantage for the Broncos. The fans came to cheer the Broncos, and that they did - win or lose.

Lancane
09-20-2011, 10:22 PM

I would say that you're partly right and partly wrong, I think the fans would still support the team, but I think it would cause some stress in regards to the relationship between the fan base and the team, more then what you believe that's for sure. Think back, because we heard a lot of the same crap regarding McDaniels, 'a coach comes and goes', 'the fans will not turn on the organization'...but what happened? The fans did turn, the franchise takes the blunt of the ire because they are the ones in control, so while they may not lose fans, it doesn't mean the fans will not become more active in showing their dislike for what they're doing and that can strain that relationship even further. No good will come from extending Orton's contract, I promise you that...because the booing will grow exponentially and could crossover into other forms of protest...all of which will eventually backfire on the team and hurt them.

chazoe60
09-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Please stop talking about any possibility of signing Orton to an extension. It's making me sad and ill

Northman
09-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Please stop talking about any possibility of signing Orton to an extension. It's making me sad and ill

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276671&highlight=million

BroncoStud
09-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Holy Twilight Zone Batman...

There are actually people who have PAID for an Orton jersey? :eek:

Tned
09-21-2011, 07:16 AM
Many people, like me, have bought season tickets over and over for years - thru many years of non winning seasons, and I can tell you the crowd enthusiasm then was the same - regardless if the Broncos were winning a game or losing. Those were the years when the feet stomping started at Mile Hi - where announcers would call it Rocky Mountain Thunder, where there definitely was a home field advantage for the Broncos. The fans came to cheer the Broncos, and that they did - win or lose.

In late August, the waiting list stood at 28,000. So, while there has clearly been more turnover in season ticket holders the last couple years, since wait times have dropped from 10-15 years down to 5-6 years, there is still very high demand for Broncos season tickets.

Now, the flip side is the demand to actually go to the game is much lower. I think I read that there were 6,000 no shows for the Cincy game. So, a lot of those season ticket holders didn't go to the game.

I hope in terms of the fan noise and cheering, it gets back to what you describe. Denver isn't a feared place to play anymore. Places like KC, even with all of their losses, is considered a more hostile playing environment.

I would say that you're partly right and partly wrong, I think the fans would still support the team, but I think it would cause some stress in regards to the relationship between the fan base and the team, more then what you believe that's for sure. Think back, because we heard a lot of the same crap regarding McDaniels, 'a coach comes and goes', 'the fans will not turn on the organization'...but what happened? The fans did turn, the franchise takes the blunt of the ire because they are the ones in control, so while they may not lose fans, it doesn't mean the fans will not become more active in showing their dislike for what they're doing and that can strain that relationship even further. No good will come from extending Orton's contract, I promise you that...because the booing will grow exponentially and could crossover into other forms of protest...all of which will eventually backfire on the team and hurt them.

Oh, I understand what you are saying. During the McDaniels mess, I heard some long time, and dedicated Broncos fans say they would always be fans, but they couldn't actively follow/support the team while McDaniels was destroying it.

For me, I'm confident that if we picked in the top five 10 years in a row that I would support the team just as much then as now. Like a gray wolf, I mate for life. I will be a Broncos fan through good times and bad.

broncobryce
09-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Ortons not getting an extension. Elways not that stupid.

Ravage!!!
09-21-2011, 08:19 AM
In late August, the waiting list stood at 28,000. So, while there has clearly been more turnover in season ticket holders the last couple years, since wait times have dropped from 10-15 years down to 5-6 years, there is still very high demand for Broncos season tickets.

Yeah... thats due to the economy. People just can't afford the ticket prices as easily anymore. People that have been on the list for 15 years, are suddenly having to use that "extra" money they set aside.

TXBRONC
09-21-2011, 08:30 AM

Yes if I had the money to do so.

Northman
09-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Like a gray wolf, I mate for life. I will be a Broncos fan through good times and bad.

Dude, what you and Top do on your own time is your business. Please dont share....

tebow4life
09-21-2011, 09:38 AM
I love Elway!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Part 1 & Part 2 - under Ticket Replay

Tned
09-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Dude, what you and Top do on your own time is your business. Please dont share....

Just lost my appetite, thanks... :mad:

NightTerror218
09-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Elway big fan of not putting young QBs into the game too early. Fan of letting them sit a year or two. Many of busts might have been from starting too early. Around the 2 minutes section of Part 2 talked about it. Sounds like even if we did draft a new QB (Luck, Barkley, whoever) they will sit a year or two.

"young player put in too early on a football team that is not too good, they lose their confidence."

ydave77
09-27-2011, 08:16 AM

If Orton was re-signed, it wouldn't make me a fan of another team, but would I be a lot less interested in the Broncos. I would visit the boards less often, I would be less likely to plan my entire Sunday around watching the games as well.

I believe with Orton as the QB we will never win the super bowl, maybe I'm wrong, but I strongly believe that. Given that, of course its hard to be as excited about the coming years if you feel like you really feel like you don't have a chance.

Its not about being a fan of individual players, I could care less if we use Tebow, Barkely, Jones, whoever, I just would like us to get back to being a legit contender, and with Orton at QB, I don't think that will happen. Obviously a young QB would set you back, but at least the QB can progress to the point of being able to take a team to the super bowl. I don't feel like Orton is going to change, he is a vet, he is who he is, and that is not someone who will take us to the big game.

By the way, I am in no way suggesting that the rest of the team is super bowl worthy, but I do feel that an elite QB is an absolute must to win a super bowl. Thats why I am focused on upgrading QB, and not say WLB @ this time.

Super Bowl winning QBs in past ten years.

1. Aaron rodgers
2. Drew Brees
3. Big Ben
4. Eli Manning
5. Peyton Manning
6. Big Ben
7. Tom Brady
8. Tom Brady
9. Brad Johnson
10. Tom Brady

8 of the last 10 super bowl winning QBs are elite, with 9 (Eli) probably cracking top 10. And the only average QB was a full 9 years ago.
The passing rules favor offenses, and great QBs more than ever before, and without that cornerstone, forget it.

Tned
09-27-2011, 08:32 AM
If Orton was re-signed, it wouldn't make me a fan of another team, but would I be a lot less interested in the Broncos. I would visit the boards less often, I would be less likely to plan my entire Sunday around watching the games as well.

I believe with Orton as the QB we will never win the super bowl, maybe I'm wrong, but I strongly believe that. Given that, of course its hard to be as excited about the coming years if you feel like you really feel like you don't have a chance.

Its not about being a fan of individual players, I could care less if we use Tebow, Barkely, Jones, whoever, I just would like us to get back to being a legit contender, and with Orton at QB, I don't think that will happen. Obviously a young QB would set you back, but at least the QB can progress to the point of being able to take a team to the super bowl. I don't feel like Orton is going to change, he is a vet, he is who he is, and that is not someone who will take us to the big game.

By the way, I am in no way suggesting that the rest of the team is super bowl worthy, but I do feel that an elite QB is an absolute must to win a super bowl. Thats why I am focused on upgrading QB, and not say WLB @ this time.

1. Aaron rodgers
2. Drew Brees
3. Big Ben
4. Eli Manning
5. Peyton Manning
6. Big Ben
7. Tom Brady
8. Tom Brady
9. Brad Johnson
10. Tom Brady

8 of the last 10 super bowl winning QBs are elite, with 9 (Eli) probably cracking top 10. And the only average QB was a full 9 years ago.
The passing rules favor offenses, and great QBs more than ever before, and without that cornerstone, forget it.

Fair point about fans. Not long into the McDaniels debacle, so very long time fans that have been active in Broncos online communities, said things like, "I will always be a Broncos fan, but this is too painful to watch, I'm taking a break. I'll be back once McDaniels has been fired."

ydave77
09-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Fair point about fans. Not long into the McDaniels debacle, so very long time fans that have been active in Broncos online communities, said things like, "I will always be a Broncos fan, but this is too painful to watch, I'm taking a break. I'll be back once McDaniels has been fired."

Agreed, its not about beating your chest, and saying I am the greatest fan ever. Anyone who visits these boards frequently has more interest than the casual fan.
But following/watching the Broncos is supposed to be fun. We don't have to do it. When it stops being fun, then you pay less attention. That's human nature.

And living with the mediocrity of Orton for another 3 years, and having, in my mind, no chance of either QB growth or super bowl during that time. Thats just not fun to me...

TXBRONC
09-27-2011, 08:58 AM

1. Aaron rodgers
2. Drew Brees
3. Big Ben
4. Eli Manning
5. Peyton Manning
6. Big Ben
7. Tom Brady
8. Tom Brady
9. Brad Johnson
10. Tom Brady

Jeff Legwold of the Denver Post believes that if Denver was of the mind to re-sign Orton they would have one in place or be working towards one att. I don't agree I think there is still window of opportunity for them to get one. The longer the season goes on and nothing get the less likely it becomes that they will re-sign him. Imho if we Denver doesn't start winning games and if his preformance doesn't improve I have a very time seeing getting re-signed. If he benched before the season ends then I think the window is closed.

NightTerror218
09-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Jeff Legwold of the Denver Post believes that if Denver was of the mind to re-sign Orton they would have one in place or be working towards one att. I don't agree I think there is still window of opportunity for them to get one. The longer the season goes on and nothing get the less likely it becomes that they will re-sign him. Imho if we Denver doesn't start winning games and if his preformance doesn't improve I have a very time seeing getting re-signed. If he benched before the season ends then I think the window is closed.

Orton is now the 24th ranked Qb in league above, guys who should be retired, rookies, and a guy who for some reason is a starter in Seattle.

silkamilkamonico
09-27-2011, 11:29 AM
I think Orton is really Fox's type of QB. He's a veteran, he allegedly "manages" which is probably a great defenses best friend, he doesn't turn the ball over recklessly, and he isn't going to be the center of attention for a team.

I honestly fear, that if Denver gets stuck in some kind of a winning streak where the defense is playing good and Orton is losing games, that Fox will want to resign him and keep him as his QB.

NightTerror218
09-27-2011, 11:34 AM
I think Orton is really Fox's type of QB. He's a veteran, he allegedly "manages" which is probably a great defenses best friend, he doesn't turn the ball over recklessly, and he isn't going to be the center of attention for a team.

I honestly fear, that if Denver gets stuck in some kind of a winning streak where the defense is playing good and Orton is losing games, that Fox will want to resign him and keep him as his QB.

He is the worst friend for the defense, 3 ints, 2 fumbles in 3 games. Um...ya not so great. How does he manage time...throws it away with pressure? Not get into end zone?

silkamilkamonico
09-27-2011, 11:43 AM
He is the worst friend for the defense, 3 ints, 2 fumbles in 3 games. Um...ya not so great. How does he manage time...throws it away with pressure? Not get into end zone?

Reminds me alot of Jake Delhomme, Fox's dream QB in Carolina. And it's 3 games into the season. If people are going to base a QB off that amount of time, Phillip Rivers would probably be considered garbage with his 6 int's and 1 fumble in 3 games.

Say what you want about Orton, I can't stand him either, but one thing he's been in his career is someone who doesn't turn the ball over and put his defense in bad situations...a dream for John Fox.

SOCALORADO.
09-27-2011, 11:54 AM

Fortunately Fox isnt making those decisions.

http://bentcorner.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/john-elway-punk-rock.jpg

Nomad
09-27-2011, 12:24 PM
If you question John Elway....you are not a true BRONCO fan. Dude on the Ticket just said so!:balloons:

vandammage13
09-27-2011, 12:25 PM

This notion that Orton protects the ball is a myth of monumental proportions.

Especially given the untimeliness of some of these TO's....

BroncoStud
09-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Orton with the game on the line is a turnover waiting to happen. He is the biggest choke I have EVER seen.

It's like watching Greg Norman minus all his talent blowing the tournament on the 18th green every Sunday. It's freaking miserable to see. I can't stand Orton.

Tned
09-27-2011, 01:24 PM
If you question John Elway....you are not a true BRONCO fan. Dude on the Ticket just said so!:balloons:

Yea, I was listening to the JoJo and something show yesterday, and Lou Littleon was sitting in for one of them. He was trashing anyone calling for Orton, and said doing so meant you were questioning John Elway, and if you questioned John Elway, then you were not a real Broncos fan.

slim
09-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Yea, I was listening to the JoJo and something show yesterday, and Lou Littleon was sitting in for one of them. He was trashing anyone calling for Orton, and said doing so meant you were questioning John Elway, and if you questioned John Elway, then you were not a real Broncos fan.

Lou is an idiot.

But he is a Bronco fan, so I forgive him.

Nomad
09-27-2011, 01:33 PM

I love Elway just like the next BRONCO fan but Lou's rant was hilarious. And said something like Elway was bigger than God.

silkamilkamonico
09-27-2011, 02:00 PM
This notion that Orton protects the ball is a myth of monumental proportions.

Yea, so completely monunmental that he ranks 4th in the NFL for all starting QB's in average TO's a season/games played over the course of the last 5 years behind Brady, Manning, and Rodgers.

He doesn't turn the ball over because he doesn't take any changes. Ever. But whatever argument someone wants to bring him he is still one of the most protective QB's in the NFL.

NightTerror218
09-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Yea, so completely monunmental that he ranks 4th in the NFL for all starting QB's in average TO's a season/games played over the course of the last 5 years behind Brady, Manning, and Rodgers.

He doesn't turn the ball over because he doesn't take any changes. Ever. But whatever argument someone wants to bring him he is still one of the most protective QB's in the NFL.

He already has 5 turnovers this year.....That is because he doesn't take chances and only throws when he knows the person is 100% open. He has had to change that here knowing he is going to lose job if he cant do anything.

silkamilkamonico
09-27-2011, 02:43 PM
He already has 5 turnovers this year.....That is because he doesn't take chances and only throws when he knows the person is 100% open. He has had to change that here knowing he is going to lose job if he cant do anything.

Rhillip Rivers already has 7 TO's this year. This only proves that you can't gauge anything on 3 games. I agree about him not ever taking chances, contributing to his low TO ratio. But it still doesn't sway the argument about Orton is one of the better QB's in the NFL at protecting the ball.

Tned
09-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Rhillip Rivers already has 7 TO's this year. This only proves that you can't gauge anything on 3 games. I agree about him not ever taking chances, contributing to his low TO ratio. But it still doesn't sway the argument about Orton is one of the better QB's in the NFL at protecting the ball.

3 games is tough, but 31 games is a pretty good sample.

NightTerror218
09-27-2011, 02:54 PM

and higher yards, rating, completion percent, yard per attempt. But 1 less TD and 2 more TO.

I think the only way he protects ball is to throw into the stands. He does it when pressure comes. P*$$y.

vandammage13
09-27-2011, 03:14 PM

Yes but Philip Rivers actually scores points...

Orton is supposed to be a game manager.

vandammage13
09-27-2011, 03:15 PM

I see how you ignored and didn't even quote the qualifying second line of my post.

T.K.O.
09-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Yes but Philip Rivers actually scores points...

Orton is supposed to be a game manager.

Rivers put up a QB rating of 62 in a win sunday...with 2-3 TO's but they can get in the endzone with a 1st and goal from the 2...:shocked:
Orton definately has sdrewed the pooch in the 4th Qtr this year...but man ,we lost this week purely on the Oline and RB's back