PDA

View Full Version : I Loved This Win

OldschoolFreak
12-07-2008, 07:22 PM
First off, definately not getting ahead of myself here as I'm fully aware of the team's inconsistencies.

This was a great win for this team and a necessary step in the growing process. Again, I'm not looking ahead to anything but the playoffs but I think you can't ignore the fact that a championship team needs to win lots of different types of games.

The Broncos have won several different types...ground them out shootouts (NO), cold spankings on some teams (Raiders), extreme comebacks (Cleveland).

One game we have not yet won is a down-early trainwreck against a team we "should" beat. Now we have.

This game had disaster written all over it. Think early adversity against the Pats, Raiders, Dolphins and Chiefs. But Cutler and co kept it together and surgically overcame every advantage KC had.

This was a gritty, all around, complete win that was much more dominant on O and D than the score indicated. Much to build on for all the young players.

If we're going to do anything in the playoffs, we've got to build on this and show up with complete, multifaceted games.

MasterShake
12-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Excellent points. This is a game we would have lost last year. I did not know the Chiefs had not won at Invesco btw. Nice to see as much as we suck at Arrowhead they have their own problems with us.

OldschoolFreak
12-07-2008, 07:30 PM
It's true there really is a major something more with intra-division games. Sure the Chiefs and Raiders each have two wins, they're still always going to be tough dates on the Broncos schedule. September's Raiders blow out was an anomaly if you ask me.

Greatspirits
12-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Definitely a big win, even if its against the lowly Queefs! If they would have lost this game I think I would have to jump off a bridge or something. It would have been to hard to take getting swept by a 2-10 team! Especially KC!!

Dreadnought
12-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Excellent Post, and I was thinking the same. This was a gritty character win, nothing less than that. A wide variety of guys made clutch plays all throughout the course of the game. KC became dangerous because early on we gave them a reasonablle basis to think they might have a chance to steal the win. Then we snuffed that right out, as an actual good team must learn to do.

BroncoWave
12-07-2008, 08:23 PM
I love EVERY win! Magic number is down to 1 baby!

KCL
12-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Definitely a big win, even if its against the lowly Queefs! If they would have lost this game I think I would have to jump off a bridge or something. It would have been to hard to take getting swept by a 2-10 team! Especially KC!!

:mad:

We'll be back....

one of these years.

:lol:

Dean
12-07-2008, 09:05 PM
If we're going to do anything in the playoffs, we've got to build on this and show up with complete, multifaceted games.

IMO the injury to Hillis just put multifaceted out of reach unless you were meaning short, imtermediate, and long range passes by our offense. Selvin better be back next week but neither he nor Tatum is going to give us a power running game.

Our defense is improving. I hope that it and the passing game can carry us up to the play-offs.

dogfish
12-07-2008, 10:09 PM
IMO the injury to Hillis just put multifaceted out of reach unless you were meaning short, imtermediate, and long range passes by our offense. Selvin better be back next week but neither he nor Tatum is going to give us a power running game.

Our defense is improving. I hope that it and the passing game can carry us up to the play-offs.

greek better keep the super glue and duct tape handy in case cutler's arm falls off-- he's going to be throwing a LOT of passes over the next month or two. . . . :laugh:

Superchop 7
12-08-2008, 01:21 AM
I saw the game live.

Jay was outstanding, 32-40, considering KC knew that we had to pass after the injury to Hillis.......all the more impressive. 2 drives of 80 yards, 1 drive for 95 !!

Slowik called his best game of the year, held KC to 1 touchdown and L Johnson to 36 yards. KC had the ball for only 24 minutes. Dared them to pass with alot of cover 1, he was very aggressive and it paid off big time.

They had a clip they played on the jumbotron called "That was then" showing clips of the loss to KC, then it said "This is now" and showed highlights of the team since the loss, everybody was fired up after that, very nice work Broncos, I loved it.