PDA

View Full Version : Strange enough we are now in the #3 seed.

LoyalSoldier
12-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Not saying that it will last, but thanks to the Jets loss we are now tied with them and with the win last week we have the tie breaker. The Jets are still ahead of the Pats since they split the series and the Jets have a better division record.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Woo! Thanks for the update!

Orange Habit
12-07-2008, 07:13 PM
It's going to be a weird balancing act in whether to root for or against the Jets in these next weeks. :confused: Both the Pats and the Dolphins have the tiebreaker over the Broncos, so we want the Jets to win the division, but at the same time if the Broncos lose another game then the Jets need to lose one also.

Getting that #3 seed needs to be a serious goal, though. I REALLY don't want to draw the Colts in the first round.

Northman
12-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Not saying that it will last, but thanks to the Jets loss we are now tied with them and with the win last week we have the tie breaker. The Jets are still ahead of the Pats since they split the series and the Jets have a better division record.

Any hope is good hope. :D:beer:

MasterShake
12-07-2008, 07:23 PM
It's going to be a weird balancing act in whether to root for or against the Jets in these next weeks. :confused: Both the Pats and the Dolphins have the tiebreaker over the Broncos, so we want the Jets to win the division, but at the same time if the Broncos lose another game then the Jets need to lose one also.

Getting that #3 seed needs to be a serious goal, though. I REALLY don't want to draw the Colts in the first round.

Screw the Colts. The point is to beat whoever you play. You can't sidestep to the Super Bowl.

That being said.....GO JETS! :laugh:

OrangeHoof
12-07-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm not afraid of the Colts. The only team I don't want the Broncos to see is the Ravens.

MasterShake
12-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Actually, I LOVE our shot against the Colts in the Super Bowl. If that was the only game we won in the postseason, I'd be pretty happy.

DenBronx
12-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Screw the Colts. The point is to beat whoever you play. You can't sidestep to the Super Bowl.

That being said.....GO JETS! :laugh:

GO BRONCOS! :laugh:

AlWilsonizKING
12-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Actually, I LOVE our shot against the Colts in the Super Bowl. If that was the only game we won in the postseason, I'd be pretty happy.

Ummmmmmmmm couldn't happen.

PEACE!!!

Orange Habit
12-07-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm not afraid of the Colts. The only team I don't want the Broncos to see is the Ravens.
Interesting--the Ravens don't worry me nearly as much.

I do appreciate the whole "beat whoever's next" mentality, though.

Shazam!
12-07-2008, 09:48 PM
The only team I don't want the Broncos to see is the Ravens.

Agreed. Baltimore is the only team who's defenses could possibly manhandle the Broncos IMO, even moreso than Tennessee and Pitt.

I hate Ray Lewis.

TXBRONC
12-07-2008, 10:06 PM
First things first, Denver needs to finish the season strong.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-08-2008, 07:20 AM
As always, be careful what ya wish for, but I'd prefer Indy over Bmore right now.

MasterShake
12-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Ummmmmmmmm couldn't happen.

PEACE!!!

Indy has been more inconsistent than us all year. I like our chances at home.

MOtorboat
12-08-2008, 12:53 PM
I just hope we can beat either Carolina or Buffalo, so that we can clinch before we head to San Diego. I'd hate to have that game be the deciding factor on a playoff spot or not. The Jets win helped, and we did what we needed to do yesterday, but we CANNOT piss all that away by losing the next two.

MasterShake
12-08-2008, 12:55 PM
I just hope we can beat either Carolina or Buffalo, so that we can clinch before we head to San Diego. I'd hate to have that game be the deciding factor on a playoff spot or not. The Jets win helped, and we did what we needed to do yesterday, but we CANNOT piss all that away by losing the next two.

Thats all depending on SD winning out, though. I like our chances of winning one than of them winning three. They haven't put together that kind of streak all year.

MOtorboat
12-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Thats all depending on SD winning out, though. I like our chances of winning one than of them winning three. They haven't put together that kind of streak all year.

I know, I just want us to win the division and not for SD to lose it...I know it doesn't matter how we get in, really, but that's just me...Beat Carolina, we're in. Beat Buffalo and we're the three seed, and we can sit our guys at San Diego, and then its a real slap in the face to the Dolts.

Lonestar
12-08-2008, 12:58 PM
My concerns are running out of CAP space and not being able to sign more help this year.. All those folks on IR are killing our cap.. Any more players that go down could mean playing with less than an full roster..

Zweems56
12-08-2008, 12:58 PM
I know, I just want us to win the division and not for SD to lose it...I know it doesn't matter how we get in, really, but that's just me...Beat Carolina, we're in. Beat Buffalo and we're the three seed, and we can sit our guys at San Diego, and then its a real slap in the face to the Dolts.

Lol, sit who? We don't have any backups!

MOtorboat
12-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Lol, sit who? We don't have any backups!

Well, that is a good point, but how much of a slap in the face to the Dolts would it be to have Cutler and Marshall yucking it up on the sideline in San Diego in the second quarter, because they are playoff bound, and the Dolts are golf-course bound?

CoachChaz
12-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Well, that is a good point, but how much of a slap in the face to the Dolts would it be to have Cutler and Marshall yucking it up on the sideline in San Diego in the second quarter, because they are playoff bound, and the Dolts are golf-course bound?

I'd play starters for a half at least. No sense killing any rhythmn they may have going into the playoffs.

Zweems56
12-08-2008, 01:02 PM

I dont agree with sitting players for the last game of the season. Go into the playoffs fighting, not sitting imho

topscribe
12-08-2008, 01:19 PM

That won't be a problem since the Broncos are going to win out. :woot:

-----

topscribe
12-08-2008, 01:21 PM

Sounds good to me. Anything bad happening to the dolts sounds good to me.

Except career-ending injuries, of course . . .

-----

MOtorboat
12-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Sounds good to me. Anything bad happening to the dolts sounds good to me.

Except career-ending injuries, of course . . .

-----

Depends who your wishing it upon. :coffee:

MOtorboat
12-08-2008, 01:23 PM
I'd play starters for a half at least. No sense killing any rhythmn they may have going into the playoffs.

I dont agree with sitting players for the last game of the season. Go into the playoffs fighting, not sitting imho

I don't necessarily agree with it either, but I also wouldn't put it past the Dolts to take a few cheap shots at our guys, either.

OrangeHoof
12-08-2008, 07:14 PM

I disagree. When you have a banged-up team, let your key players heal up. There won't be a bye week so use your starters sparingly if they are hurting.

Den21vsBal19
12-08-2008, 07:24 PM
My concerns are running out of CAP space and not being able to sign more help this year.. All those folks on IR are killing our cap.. Any more players that go down could mean playing with less than an full roster..
I didn't realise IR'd players still counted against the cap...................:eek:

MOtorboat
12-08-2008, 07:25 PM
I didn't realise IR'd players still counted against the cap...................:eek:

Yeah, you don't think about it much, but their salary still counts, because the their cap number was figured out before the season started, and then you have to make player moves during the season that keep you under the cap, which is probably why Pope and Boyd will be on this team for the rest of the season, and a guy like Shaun Alexander won't.

Bronco9798
12-08-2008, 07:40 PM
San Diego plays at Tampa Bay in two weeks. We're going to win the division regardless. Just the way I see it right now.

Bronco9798
12-08-2008, 07:42 PM
I'll take playing the Colts over the Ravens right now in the 1st round of the playoffs. Ravens are finding ways to win with that defense right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make it to the Super Bowl as a wild card. Just a feeling.