~G

shank
12-07-2008, 07:06 PM
he's about to eat smelling salts.

i'm pretty sure that this is correct

EDIT: the smelling salts, not the eating of them

smith49
12-07-2008, 07:46 PM
i totally spotted that during the game, and for a second thought that we were back in the seventies. i figured it was a pen or something however.

Timmy!
12-07-2008, 08:22 PM
It's mile HIGH people. Get with the times. :heh:

PatricktheDookie
12-07-2008, 08:45 PM
You see John trying to catch Thigpen down the sideline?

Huffin' and puffin'!

Tned
12-07-2008, 08:58 PM
You see John trying to catch Thigpen down the sideline?

Huffin' and puffin'!

Yea, I thought that was funy that the announcers said that a series or so after this was on video.

Also, watching on the video, the end definately was 'glowing', so I don't think we are looking at a lollypop or pen.

Dean
12-07-2008, 09:15 PM
I've heard that smoking pens make you extremely literate. Right???

Dirk
12-08-2008, 08:46 AM
I don't see a vid if there is one. However, from the photo it may be his mouth guard he is chewing on.

I had hear that Elway used to have a smoke at half time to calm himself down...

BigDaddyBronco
12-08-2008, 09:03 AM
No wonder he couldn't catch Thigpen from behind. :laugh:

scott.475
12-08-2008, 12:28 PM
However, from the photo it may be his mouth guard he is chewing on.

Definitely not, watching it on video you can see smoke or steam wisping up from the end. The odd thing about the video, though, is it is a constant glow, not like you would typically see with a cig, where it glows bright for a few seconds while you take a drag, then almost disappears. It was definitely glowing, not just something red, though.

Someone thought it might be an e-cigarette, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cigarette :dunno:

Dirk
12-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Someone thought it might be an e-cigarette, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cigarette :dunno:

LOL
I remember they tried something like that back in the eighties but it was a big failure. But hey, if it can give smokers that fix and not effect the lungs or others from 2nd hand smoke....go for it! Make it law!! muhahahaha

shank
12-08-2008, 01:45 PM
LOL
I remember they tried something like that back in the eighties but it was a big failure. But hey, if it can give smokers that fix and not effect the lungs or others from 2nd hand smoke....go for it! Make it law!! muhahahaha

the act of 'smoking' is a big part of the addiction for some people, so the gum/patches doesn't give them their full fix.

i'd rather have him chewing gum on the sideline, but i'd also rather have him use an e-cig rather than dipping on the sideline. i see a lot of other players doing that and it's gross as hell.

LRtagger
12-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Whats funny is everyone in the picture is looking at him like "WTF ARE YOU DOING SMOKING A CIG ON THE SIDELINES".

CoachChaz
12-08-2008, 03:56 PM
I'd imagine there are probably ALOT more athletes than we know of that smoke...but I figured most sports followed baseball and passed the rule that NO tobacco products were allowed to be visible to the public during a game

shank
12-08-2008, 04:28 PM
I'd imagine there are probably ALOT more athletes than we know of that smoke...but I figured most sports followed baseball and passed the rule that NO tobacco products were allowed to be visible to the public during a game

there's no way. i see tons of players in the NFL dipping. but if this is one of those e-cigs, which is a nicotine nebulizer, then it technically isn't a tobacco product.

Superchop 7
12-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Alexi Gusarov is the biggest chain smoker I know.

NHL defenseman.

Olympic Gold.

Stanley Cup.

If you can do that "and" smoke........go right ahead.

scott.475
12-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Whats funny is everyone in the picture is looking at him like "WTF ARE YOU DOING SMOKING A CIG ON THE SIDELINES".

The pic kind of makes it look that way, but in the video they are looking at Cutler, who had run out of bounds and into the crowd. He was bent over there, adjusting his shoe or sock or something, and they were all watching Jay. John wasn't on screen that much, as soon as Jay stood up, he blocked the view of John.

scott.475
12-09-2008, 12:24 AM
there's no way. i see tons of players in the NFL dipping. but if this is one of those e-cigs, which is a nicotine nebulizer, then it technically isn't a tobacco product.

Warren Sapp used to always have the biggest dip in his mouth all the time, he looked like there was an undeveloped twin in there, totally disgusting.

Divinelegion
12-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Dude hes Irish...dont you know the Irish smoke cigerettes while playing soccer, whats so bad about smoking during a football game when you have breaks during the plays.

Dirk
12-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Warren Sapp used to always have the biggest dip in his mouth all the time, he looked like there was an undeveloped twin in there, totally disgusting.

OMG! That made me almost spit my coffee out. "undeveloped twin". :lol: