PDA

View Full Version : AFCW ponderings

Davii
09-11-2011, 03:27 PM
So... The Chiefs just got KILLED by the Bills and the Chargers allowed the opening kickoff to go for a touchdown...

I like what I see from our fellow AFCW teams so far. The Broncos, while not good yet, are MUCH improved. I think the AFCW is up for grabs between four mediocre teams.

silkamilkamonico
09-11-2011, 03:30 PM
AFCWorst division in football

Northman
09-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Spoke too soon. Phillips just intercepted McNabb at the Vikings 5 yd line. lol

chazoe60
09-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Maybe the Chiefs will be drafting Andrew Luck.

Northman
09-11-2011, 03:46 PM

After today maybe but it is just the first week.

Davii
09-11-2011, 03:47 PM

I think Manning's neck almost guarantees the Colts get their franchise qb of the future in Luck.

Nick
09-11-2011, 03:52 PM
I think Manning's neck almost guarantees the Colts get their franchise qb of the future in Luck.

If luck sat behind manning (even though i think he is nfl ready) for a couple years... That would make me sick.

however, if they signed luck. They would have probably 30 percent of players salaries going to qb.

TaylorK47
09-11-2011, 03:53 PM
I think its really going to be between us and the Raiders this year GO BRONCOS:salute::beer:

Nomad
09-11-2011, 04:03 PM

like you said, no one is getting Luck next year.....he'll go back to school!:lol:

then the following year he doesn't declare for the draft and walks on to the BRONCOS! :pipedream: :D

Davii
09-11-2011, 04:19 PM
If luck sat behind manning (even though i think he is nfl ready) for a couple years... That would make me sick.

however, if they signed luck. They would have probably 30 percent of players salaries going to qb.

There's no guarantee Peyton ever plays again.

Nomad
09-11-2011, 04:20 PM
There's no guarantee Peyton ever plays again.

Hugh Douglas said that the other day......neck injuries are the hardest to comeback from.

Colts missed Manning today......34-7.

Nick
09-11-2011, 04:25 PM
I just saw that. The Colts can opt out of Manning's contract after this year. They have that option because Manning instructed agent Tom Condon to protect the team if he doesn't have the positive recovery doctors expect.

He still gets 26 mil this year for sure though.

swaiy
09-11-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm not an athlete nor do I have the same access to physical therapy that Peyton has at his disposal but I had spinal fusion (same procedure he has on his neck except mine was thoracic and lumbar instead of cercival). It took me a year to recover. I think he could recover faster due to his access to the best doctors but I don't think he will be the same if he plays.

I can't even do anything that requires physical contact for fear of needing another procedure because of a blow to my fused vertebrae.

I don't think he comes back from that. It sucks his career goes down this road.

Thnikkaman
09-11-2011, 04:32 PM
I do think Manning is done, and I sure as hell hope they don't end up picking Luck.

Davii
09-11-2011, 04:55 PM
I do think Manning is done, and I sure as hell hope they don't end up picking Luck.

If they end up in reach I'd almost guarantee they grab Luck. I honestly think Peyton is done. He's already guaranteed HOF, has won a SB, etc. Peyton can walk away today with his legacy secure and his head held high. Why risk further surgeries, or much worse?

I'm sure the knowledge of older brother Cooper's spinal condition is something he thinks about as well.

I'd love to see Peyton play longer, but I don't think the risk is worth it, let's be honest, the Colts aren't going to the big dance soon... Even with Peyton, he doesn't play D...

chazoe60
09-11-2011, 07:03 PM
I hate to say it but watch out AFC if the Chargers can get off to a strong start they may be the team to beat.

I picked the Ravens to represent the AFC in the SB, but SD may not be too far off.

My Ravens pick looks pretty damn good today though.

chazoe60
09-11-2011, 11:16 PM
With Kaeding out I guess that means the Dolts might actually have a shot in the playoffs?

PAINTERDAVE
09-11-2011, 11:53 PM

It really will be interesting to see if any teams DO
actually go in the tank in the "Suck for Luck"derby..
later in the season.

I mean..
like if it becomes obvious Indy is throwing games down the stretch...
or Buffalo.. or Bengals... Chiefs....whoever...

Hard to imagine it actually happening...
because that is the only way to get him...
no team would pass...
with the new rookie cap in place it is a no brainer for the #1 pick team.

Who knows?

Ravage!!!
09-11-2011, 11:58 PM

THat woudl REALLY Piss me off~!!!

Bosco
09-12-2011, 01:28 AM
Chiefs look like total pretenders this year. Not surprising.

CoachChaz
09-12-2011, 07:00 AM
Any chance we can refer to a bad season as something other than another hand job for Luck? Im about as tired if hearing his name as I am Cutlers

Davii
09-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Any chance we can refer to a bad season as something other than another hand job for Luck? Im about as tired if hearing his name as I am Cutlers

Agreed. However, I am not nearly as tired of hearing that name as I am of hearing McD.

SOCALORADO.
09-12-2011, 10:04 AM

http://thecoachnotebook.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/andrew-luck.jpg?w=290&h=384

chazoe60
09-12-2011, 10:08 AM
McD Luck Luck McD McD McLuck LucD mCDuck LuMcLud Luck McD McD luck McD Luck Luck Luck McD

Northman
09-12-2011, 10:09 AM

Yeeep. Its getting equally as bad as the Tebow fanatics.