PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' pass rush in great shape with bookends Miller, Dumervil

TXBRONC
09-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Broncos' pass rush in great shape with bookends Miller, Dumervil
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 09/11/2011 01:00:00 AM MDT

There is a way to slow the hype surrounding the explosive pass rush of Elvis Dumervil and his new partner, Von Miller.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18870087

If production can match hype these two could be a lot of fun to watch for the next several years barring injury. :defense:

HORSEPOWER 56
09-11-2011, 09:43 AM
If we can get our hands on a good 3 technique interior pass-rusher in the next year or so, this defense can be scary good. Dumervil and Miller (and hopefully Ayers finally wakes up, too) are going to draw protection schemes. Right now, we're still missing that piece that will pressure up the middle to take away the "step up" for the QB. Maybe it's Vickerson, maybe it will be Ayers, but someone must emerge or be brought in to be that guy.

Right now though, I much more worried about the run and screen game vs our speedy pass rushers. We'll get murdered if we can't stop the between-the-tackles run and if our LBs can't get off blocks and cover the screen game.

TXBRONC
09-11-2011, 07:27 PM
If we can get our hands on a good 3 technique interior pass-rusher in the next year or so, this defense can be scary good. Dumervil and Miller (and hopefully Ayers finally wakes up, too) are going to draw protection schemes. Right now, we're still missing that piece that will pressure up the middle to take away the "step up" for the QB. Maybe it's Vickerson, maybe it will be Ayers, but someone must emerge or be brought in to be that guy.

Right now though, I much more worried about the run and screen game vs our speedy pass rushers. We'll get murdered if we can't stop the between-the-tackles run and if our LBs can't get off blocks and cover the screen game.

I agree teams will probably try to use the screen game to counter Denver's foot speed. But if we can be respectable against the run that will go a long way covering up weaknesses.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

sneakers
09-12-2011, 06:25 AM
Now, the trick is getting teams into 3rd and long situations....