PDA

View Full Version : Demaryius "Glass House" Thomas suffers another injury

threefolddead
09-11-2011, 03:05 AM
http://broncotalk.net/2011/09/24295/broncos-buzz/demaryius-thomas-suffers-another-injury/

"It’s been one thing after another for Denver Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas. The good news, if you want to put it that way, is that his latest injury won’t affect him more than the injury from which he is already recovering."

Heh. O well. I guess he had a great big sneeze and it broke. I got very little faith left that he can stay healthy. Getting injured while injured is really impressive.

DenBronx
09-11-2011, 03:15 AM
The guy has skill to play in the NFL but he's too injury prone to be a Bronco.

You can't make the club sittin in the tub. :coffee:

Should have took Dez.

Thanks for nothing McDaniels.

Dzone
09-11-2011, 04:30 AM
Pathetic...just ******* pathetic. Stop wasting a roster spot on this worthless piece of crap

BroncoStud
09-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Geez his body is fragile. A WR with bum wheels and a broken finger... Sounds like a keeper to me.

sneakers
09-11-2011, 07:34 AM
This is what happens when you are a WR that blocks on 80% of your plays in college.

claymore
09-11-2011, 08:22 AM
If this guy isnt injury prone Id like to see the definition.

TXBRONC
09-11-2011, 08:28 AM
I feel for the kid. Good grief if believed in bad karma I would say Thomas has butt load of it. :shocked:

MileHighCrew
09-11-2011, 08:48 AM

injury prone : by definition, Ryan Torrian :)

HORSEPOWER 56
09-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Eh, it's a little disheartening, but it's just a finger and he wasn't going to play for a few weeks anyway. WRs break fingers all the time (look at Tory Holt's digits sometime).

Northman
09-11-2011, 09:52 AM
What a waste.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Eh, it's a little disheartening, but it's just a finger and he wasn't going to play for a few weeks anyway. WRs break fingers all the time (look at Tory Holt's digits sometime).

Exactly - broken fingers happen all of the time - IMO - it was only reported, as this was the reason for him not practicing.

Nomad
09-11-2011, 11:56 AM

What a waste.

Waste of roster space and money!

weazel
09-11-2011, 12:06 PM
http://broncotalk.net/2011/09/24295/broncos-buzz/demaryius-thomas-suffers-another-injury/

"It’s been one thing after another for Denver Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas. The good news, if you want to put it that way, is that his latest injury won’t affect him more than the injury from which he is already recovering."

Heh. O well. I guess he had a great big sneeze and it broke. I got very little faith left that he can stay healthy. Getting injured while injured is really impressive.

another wasted pick

Davii
09-11-2011, 01:57 PM
This seems like a game of smear the queer and DT just caught the ball. I'm really surprised at all the piling on. DT will get his chance to make next years roster, whether he sees the field this year or not. If he doesn't see the field I bet they make an injury settlement and let him go. If he does make the field, well he gets the chance to prove whether he should be here or not.

It's no secret McD sucked, but hate on McD for his idiocy not the products of it. Personally, I'm rooting for DT, but if he doesn't prove he belongs soon, then he should be gone, and he can't prove it from the bench.

Nomad
09-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Reality is was it is, DT sees the field and gets hurt. He doesn't contribute to the team. It has nothing to do with McD, at least from me.

Davii
09-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Reality is was it is, DT sees the field and gets hurt. He doesn't contribute to the team. It has nothing to do with McD, at least from me.

Agreed. This finger makes no difference though. It will be healed quicker than his expected return from the achilles. If he comes back on time and either gets injured again or doesn't produce then he should put his home on the market.

DenBronx
09-11-2011, 02:17 PM
I think DT will get his chance by week 5. If he gets injured again after that then we need to trade him to the Rams for whatever we can get.

Nomad
09-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Agreed. This finger makes no difference though. It will be healed quicker than his expected return from the achilles. If he comes back on time and either gets injured again or doesn't produce then he should put his home on the market.

I believe all the naysayers would like to be proven wrong on the guy and he becomes the playmaker like we expected him to be.

ikillz0mbies
09-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Bust. I bet you the mere notion from releasing him from the team gives him another injury.

CoachChaz
09-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Jeff Fuller - WR - Texas A&M

HORSEPOWER 56
09-11-2011, 03:03 PM
This seems like a game of smear the queer and DT just caught the ball. I'm really surprised at all the piling on. DT will get his chance to make next years roster, whether he sees the field this year or not. If he doesn't see the field I bet they make an injury settlement and let him go. If he does make the field, well he gets the chance to prove whether he should be here or not.

It's no secret McD sucked, but hate on McD for his idiocy not the products of it. Personally, I'm rooting for DT, but if he doesn't prove he belongs soon, then he should be gone, and he can't prove it from the bench.

We also still have Riley on the PS who we can activate if DT can't come back.

That way everyone can completely overrate him like we do all of our UDFAs. ;)

Northman
09-11-2011, 03:09 PM

I dont have a problem with DT the person. But as a first round choice he should be contributing in some way and i just dont believe anyone is THAT unlucky whent it comes to being injured. If he was a fourth or fifth rounder i could care less if he sat on the bench due to injury. But as a first rounder it is severely disappointing and it just adds to what some feel are very poor choices on McD's part.

Davii
09-11-2011, 03:36 PM
I dont have a problem with DT the person. But as a first round choice he should be contributing in some way and i just dont believe anyone is THAT unlucky whent it comes to being injured. If he was a fourth or fifth rounder i could care less if he sat on the bench due to injury. But as a first rounder it is severely disappointing and it just adds to what some feel are very poor choices on McD's part.

I definitely agree. He should have contributed already, no doubt. Many receivers picked after him in the draft have produced more, from every round. The draft pick isn't coming back If we dump him, so I'm rooting for him to come back and produce.

If he doesn't, well, I'll be rooting for him to enjoy the his life after Denver.

honz
09-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Haha, I've never heard of such a career demolishing broken finger before. He must have broken it off.

SR
09-11-2011, 04:15 PM
He broke a FINGER. Jesus...some of you people...

Dzone
09-11-2011, 07:36 PM
well, Dez Bryant just went 42 yards..they said jason witten says bryant has the best hands he has ever seen.

Dez Bryant just scored and the announcers were bragging how strong he is, while the guy we took over him is made of glass and sitting on the bench waiting until he is cut. Thanks Mcdaniels..dumbasss

HORSEPOWER 56
09-11-2011, 07:41 PM
well, Dez Bryant just went 42 yards..they said jason witten says bryant has the best hands he has ever seen

And Champ Bailey said Bob Slowik was the "best DC he'd ever had"...

Don't believe everything you hear. If you watch him play, Dez drops his fair share of balls. Brandon Lloyd has the best hands in the NFL right now and even he drops balls occasionally...

hotcarl
09-11-2011, 07:51 PM
The guy has skill to play in the NFL but he's too injury prone to be a Bronco.

You can't make the club sittin in the tub. :coffee:

Should have took Dez.

Thanks for nothing McDaniels.

this

cuzz4169
09-11-2011, 07:53 PM
So glad we took Thomas!!! Dez looks like a beast!!! Same for royal could have dez & desean.

chazoe60
09-11-2011, 08:00 PM
So glad we took Thomas!!! Dez looks like a beast!!! Same for royal could have dez & desean.

Eddie looked like the right choice his rookie season, you know, back when we had Shanny, Cutler, BMarsh, Scheffler, etc etc etc.......

gobroncsnv
09-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Trying to picture how easy it would be to play WR with a broken finger... seems like full use of the fingers would be important to catching a football, so I guess, I don't write that off so easily. How did it happen? JUGS machine? Blocking? Stepped on? But I'd like to see the kid develop... This seems like it would be a VERY common injury in the NFL, so I wouldn't send him packing until we really get to USE him, see what he can do when healthy, but let it play out, not panic everytime he needs a bandaid.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-11-2011, 11:38 PM
DT has rare physical ability. Physically, he can do anything Dez can do, and he's a bit faster. He's worth giving a chance, especially if he stops hanging out with knuckleheads.

Ravage!!!
09-11-2011, 11:42 PM
I haven't seen anything DT can do.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-11-2011, 11:46 PM
I haven't seen anything DT can do.

He showed flashes of physical ability last year in snapshots between the injuries. :laugh:

Didn't you see the Seattle game? He had 95 yards in that game with a TD and most of it came in the second half.

He was used so poorly last year.

zbeg
09-12-2011, 12:38 AM
You really think that someone is more prone to injury when they have unrelated injuries?

I'm not talking about having a knee injury and then having an injury on the same knee, or pulling a hamstring because of poor conditioning. I'm talking about a guy who magically happens to get hurt because of...why, exactly? What makes him more likely to get hurt? Fairies?

We're talking about a guy who hurt his Achilles, then broke his finger. What science on earth says that one is related the other?

Bosco
09-12-2011, 01:27 AM
He broke a FINGER. Jesus...some of you people...

No shit. I opened this thread expecting to hear about an injury that mattered.

Shananahan
09-12-2011, 03:16 AM
This is what happens when you are a WR that blocks on 80% of your plays in college.
You know I never really thought about this until just now. I wonder if there's some truth in it.

Shananahan
09-12-2011, 03:17 AM
I dont have a problem with DT the person.
I didn't, and then I read the police report on the Cox rape case. Thomas comes out of that one looking reeeeaaaallly shady, if not downright disgusting.

muse
09-12-2011, 03:53 AM
I didn't, and then I read the police report on the Cox rape case. Thomas comes out of that one looking reeeeaaaallly shady, if not downright disgusting.

What? Guy gets with girl, guy decides girl is too drunk, guy goes home...

BroncoStud
09-12-2011, 04:49 AM
What? Guy gets with girl, guy decides girl is too drunk, guy goes home...

Or guy willingly leaves drunk girl passed out with a shady friend who then rapes her. Either way you look at it he doesn't come out good here, then he continues to show that his body isn't NFL material.

If he doesn't shape up and contribute this season I hope we cut his ass next offseason.

Bosco
09-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Or guy willingly leaves drunk girl passed out with a shady friend who then rapes her. Either way you look at it he doesn't come out good here, then he continues to show that his body isn't NFL material.

If he doesn't shape up and contribute this season I hope we cut his ass next offseason.

Wait a minute. Are you seriously saying that Thomas is somehow responsible for Perrish Cox's actions?

LTC Pain
09-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Wait a minute. Are you seriously saying that Thomas is somehow responsible for Perrish Cox's actions?

That's the way I read it and it's BS. Talk about hate, whoa!

Dzone
09-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Its possible that he slipped on a Mcdonalds hamburger wrapper and fell onto his finger. Thats the most likely scenario.

Dzone
09-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Ironic that we passed on Dez Bryant to take the better "character" guy. Now D Thomas is a broken down has been and a key witness in his friends rape case, while Dez Bryant is dominating on the field and people are saying he could become the games best WR. Mcdaniels you ******* moron. One of the all time great draft blunders in history.

BigDaddyBronco
09-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Ironic that we passed on Dez Bryant to take the better "character" guy. Now D Thomas is a broken down has been and a key witness in his friends rape case, while Dez Bryant is dominating on the field and people are saying he could become the games best WR. Mcdaniels you ******* moron. One of the all time great draft blunders in history.
Have you read up on Dez Bryant's money problems? That guy is still a child, if he has woman issues he will be Brandon Marshall 2.0.

muse
09-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Have you read up on Dez Bryant's money problems? That guy is still a child, if he has woman issues he will be Brandon Marshall 2.0.

Not to mention he ended up on IR last season too and got banged up on Sunday.

BigDaddyBronco
09-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Not to mention he ended up on IR last season too and got banged up on Sunday.

True, he has been hurt more than DT.

Traveler
09-12-2011, 03:40 PM

While he is producing on the field, I read there is talk DAL might have to give him a new contract soon because he owes so much money. Word is he has already blown through his guaranteed & bonus money. Kid might have to file for bankruptcy since he owes so many people..

BigDaddyBronco
09-12-2011, 03:46 PM
While he is producing on the field, I read there is talk DAL might have to give him a new contract soon because he owes so much money. Word is he has already blown through his guaranteed & bonus money. Kid might have to file for bankruptcy since he owes so many people..

He is like a kid in the candy store with nobody helping him.