PDA

View Full Version : Rookie LB centerpiece of Elway's Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2011, 04:12 PM
DENVER -- It was weeks into John Elway’s new role in his old home and he was explaining how he could best help the Denver Broncos take advantage of having the No. 2 overall draft pick.

While taking a break from scouting players at the NFL Combine, the legendary quarterback stood in an Indianapolis hotel and said he thought he knew how to evaluate pass-rushers as well as any position on the field (quarterback and receiver included) because those were the players he spent all his time studying to beat.

There was no pass-rusher –- or any player regardless of position -– available in the 2011 draft who would have worried Elway the quarterback more than Von Miller. That's why Elway, the lead decision maker of the Broncos, jumped at the opportunity to make Miller the centerpiece of his organization -- a team that no longer resembles the perennial contender of Elway’s heyday.

rest of article - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/31756/rookie-lb-centerpiece-of-elways-broncos

Davii
09-10-2011, 04:37 PM
I love what I've seen from Von so far. Hopefully he continues to grow and improve. If he does I think he will be the centerpiece of this D for sone time to come.

rationalfan
09-10-2011, 06:40 PM
I Rip on burger bill a lot, but I gotta give it him, I liked this article.

Dirk
09-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Von is a bonifide #2 pick IMO. I think we made the right choice even though we needed a DT. Von will be a conerstone for years in our defense.

claymore
09-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Von is a bonifide #2 pick IMO. I think we made the right choice even though we needed a DT. Von will be a conerstone for years in our defense.

Drafting Von is another example of this regime doing the "hard right" for this team. It sure wasnt popular at the time, but it seems he is loved now.