PDA

View Full Version : Broncos can’t count on Demaryius Thomas for awhile

DenBronx
09-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas managed to avoid the reserve/PUP list after tearing his Achilles’ tendon in February, which sounded like promising news a week ago. But Thomas isn’t close to playing.

According to the Denver Post, Thomas was shut down in practice after working with the scout team earlier this week, and will not play in Week One. The Post says Thomas is “likely still several weeks” from returning to game action.

Read the rest:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/10/broncos-cant-count-on-demaryius-thomas-for-awhile/

broncobryce
09-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Good. Do not rush him back, make sure he's 100 percent ready. As good a blocker this guy is, I think Fox will love him and he will get plenty of playing time. That's a big part of the reason they love Decker too.

DenBronx
09-10-2011, 12:48 PM
He's made of glass, so he needs to heal 100% and we really don't need him right now. I dont know why we didnt just put him on PUP and keep Cox when were thin at CB?

broncobryce
09-10-2011, 12:57 PM
He's made of glass, so he needs to heal 100% and we really don't need him right now. I dont know why we didnt just put him on PUP and keep Cox when were thin at CB?

I think he plays and plays well this season. How long is PUP, 6 weeks? I can't remember.

Cox played pretty well last season but this year was playing like garbage. Don't know if its the distraction or different system but he didn't look like the same guy.

bcbronc
09-10-2011, 12:59 PM

Ya, I sure miss the rapist. Not.

DenBronx
09-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Ya, I sure miss the rapist. Not.

I dont know if he's guilty or not.

But Thomas wont be ready until about week 5 or 6. So why not keep someone on the 53 until he's ready to go? Doesnt make sense especially when were thin at multiple positions on D.

dogfish
09-10-2011, 02:50 PM
oh, man, bummer! i was really counting on him for a lot this season. . . .

Lancane
09-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Good. Do not rush him back, make sure he's 100 percent ready. As good a blocker this guy is, I think Fox will love him and he will get plenty of playing time. That's a big part of the reason they love Decker too.

Bryce, you forgetting that these kids are not getting an extended amount of time to prove themselves, it should be rather obvious. Look at Harvey and Maybin to name but a couple who've been given short leashes. Demaryius Thomas hasn't earned his paycheck not once yet, I don't see them giving him a third season to prove he is not made of glass and to actually contribute, he has to play this year and do far more then block - so they will not rush him, but if he barely plays a down, then he's most likely done in Denver. I also think people need to realize that Fox's own say-so within this organization is limited, he may vouch for a player but at the end of the day, he'll do as his bosses tell him and comply with what they decide for this organization.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Well, if he can contribute in a few weeks that would be much further ahead of what I envisioned.

I hope his explosiveness comes back, or is back because he's easily the most physically gifted guy we have.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Demaryius Thomas is mending nicely from his Achilles injury.
It’s just now the Broncos’ first-round receiver must also recover from a broken finger in his left hand.
Thomas had just returned to practice Monday after missing all of training camp and the preseason to recover from surgery in February to repair a torn Achilles. He got through practice without setback on Monday, Wednesday and most of Thursday until he ran a curl route against cornerback Champ Bailey. The pass got on Thomas quickly and he suffered what he thought was a jammed finger.
Thomas finished the practice Thursday but tests Friday revealed a break in the finger. He did not practice Friday or today.
His latest injury is not a huge concern because Thomas was not going to play in the first two or three regular-season games, anyway, as he worked his way back into football shape. He will be able to continue rehabbing his Achilles while he simultaneously heals from his finger injury.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/09/10/demaryius-thomas-suffers-broken-finger/9492/

dogfish
09-10-2011, 10:46 PM
you're kidding me!

should we laugh or cry?

Northman
09-10-2011, 10:49 PM
you're kidding me!

should we laugh or cry?

Guess its a good thing that Thomas didnt slip on a cheeseburger wrapper. They may have viewed it as a suicide.

BORDERLINE
09-10-2011, 10:52 PM
This guy is by far the biggest bust of that draft class. Say what you want about Tebow but this DT guy get's injured in his dreams. I swear how did he make the NFL in one piece. A broken finger from a pass??? Imagine if Cutler threw to him. His whole hand would shatter into fragments.

dogfish
09-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Guess its a good thing that Thomas didnt slip on a cheeseburger wrapper. They may have viewed it as a suicide.

i'm waiting for the day when he chokes on the gatorade on the sideline and has to be rushed to the hospital mid-game. . . .

:shocked:

Davii
09-10-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm glad to hear it wasn't the achilles that caused the"setback". I put it in quotes because he wasn't expected for a while yet anyhow, so can it really be viewed as a setback?

I'm looking forward to seeing DT play and prove whether or not he belongs.

BroncoBJ
09-11-2011, 12:38 AM
This guy is by far the biggest bust of that draft class. Say what you want about Tebow but this DT guy get's injured in his dreams. I swear how did he make the NFL in one piece. A broken finger from a pass??? Imagine if Cutler threw to him. His whole hand would shatter into fragments.

:lol: I don't agree with that post really but it made me laugh. If he could only stay healthy :(

Dzone
09-11-2011, 05:39 AM
Now thats what I'm talkin bout!!! This post is 100% TRUE. DT is a joke.

BORDERLINE
09-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Now thats what I'm talkin bout!!! This post is 100% TRUE. DT is a joke.

I want him to do good, be great. It's just incredibly remarkable he made it to the NFL in one piece. It's utterly amazing this guy cannot get on the field to save his life. DT looks like a BEAST he was suppose to come in and make us forget about Marshall, thank the man in the sky Lloyd had his breakout year.

I don't even look at him as being part of the team. Don't play him until week 4-5 healthy or not this guy needs to prove his damn self. How long can we hold on to a player that doesn't play. Buckhalter was also injury prone but at least he produced and got injured during games.

I'm gonna take a DT rookie card to a voodoo doctor and burn incense in hopes he will get better. Seems to be the last resort, any ideas are welcomed.

NightTerror218
09-12-2011, 12:08 PM
He will prob not make the team next season if he does not fix his glass frame.

hotcarl
09-12-2011, 11:21 PM
yeah no shit that guy gargles ball bags - what a horrible draft and team:rolleyes::beer:;):defense::listen::welcome::l isten:

Northman
09-12-2011, 11:31 PM
I dont mind keeping Decker.