PDA

View Full Version : Promotional Ideas for the new KO rules!

Ravage!!!
09-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Since the commish has made the Kick Off completely void of excitement while taking it out of the game... we are now forced to find options to entertain ourselver during the incredibly boring "KO touchback" :yawn:

Idea #1: Touchback Dances. Since all we get to see is the guy catch the ball and step forward while kneeling, lets see some "white shoes" leg waggle or moonwalk. Lets liven this up!

Idea #2: Vote your favorite Bronco OL to return the opening kickoff!

"Ladies and gentleman, tonights fan selected KO returner for this evenings home game... Ryan Clady!"

Idea #3: Fan appreciation raffle day!! Instead of having that captain walk out to the center of the field for the coin flip, lets start letting them receive the opening Kick Off!! After all, ANYONE can do a kneel down!

"Laaadies and Gentleman, please check under your seat for the winning ticket. #10012, YOU are our winner for this evening's game and get to receive the opening kickoff!"

Idea #4: Kids Day! Bring your kid to the game, and if they are older than 7 they too can have the chance to have the opening kickoff kneel!!! Yayyyy!!

Idea #5: Celebrity Day!

"Bronco Fans... to help celebrate our Home Game against the KC Chiefs for the 2011 season, please put your hands together for our opening kickoff kneel celebrity, Betty White!"

Nick
09-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Thats funny/

But from the game tonight... kick offs was electrifying.

dogfish
09-09-2011, 12:03 AM
you know green bay returned a kick for a touchdown tonight, right?

:lol:

girler
09-09-2011, 12:33 AM
I do like the betty white one. :lol:

HORSEPOWER 56
09-09-2011, 06:39 AM
So far (since the beginning of the preseason), I've seen 3 KO return TDs (including one vs us... :mad: ). So, in 4 weeks and 1 game, 3 KO return TDs. There was almost another last night before the last guy was able to bump Sproles out of bounds at midfield (he'd already had a PR TD earlier in the game).

The stats just aren't there that KOs are a wasted play because they always result in touchbacks. If anything, it puts an even larger premium on KR guys. You now have to be excellent in order to pull it off instead of just an "average" returner who gets lucky. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense, but the stats are there to prove that KR TDs are still possible.

The only thing you really lose out on is starting FP from the average 25-30 yard line starting point from the old kickoff returns. As a Broncos fan who has rarely ever had a team with a top-notch return man, I'm totally cool with the new rule. If anything, it benefits us more than most teams. Our STs coverage units are still pretty bad and our return teams aren't much better...

The Glue Factory
09-09-2011, 08:39 AM
So far (since the beginning of the preseason), I've seen 3 KO return TDs (including one vs us... :mad: ). So, in 4 weeks and 1 game, 3 KO return TDs. There was almost another last night before the last guy was able to bump Sproles out of bounds at midfield (he'd already had a PR TD earlier in the game).

The stats just aren't there that KOs are a wasted play because they always result in touchbacks. If anything, it puts an even larger premium on KR guys. You now have to be excellent in order to pull it off instead of just an "average" returner who gets lucky. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense, but the stats are there to prove that KR TDs are still possible.

The only thing you really lose out on is starting FP from the average 25-30 yard line starting point from the old kickoff returns. As a Broncos fan who has rarely ever had a team with a top-notch return man, I'm totally cool with the new rule. If anything, it benefits us more than most teams. Our STs coverage units are still pretty bad and our return teams aren't much better...

Dave Logan (Voice of the Broncos on 850 KOA) was saying that 40% of KOs result in a touchback. Until you get to Denver. Playing in Denver that soars to something like 90%. So for all of our home games Ravage has a point. We'll be excited to see the guy run out of the endzone regardless of where he gets tackled because there might be 1 KO return a game in Denver. And that will result from the kicker not doing his job well.

Ravage!!!
09-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Thats funny/

But from the game tonight... kick offs was electrifying.

you know green bay returned a kick for a touchdown tonight, right?

:lol:

You do realize that this only promotes the idea of NOT moving the KO so that 90% of the kicks end at the back of the endzone.

The KO is a VERY exciting play, but 90% of them are being kneeled down becuase they receive them at the back. The KOs that you see returned, are after the special teams units have been lulled to sleep by 6 kneels in a row.

So yeah.. there was some exciting returns, which only makes the point that the new KO rules...absolutely SUck balls.

weazel
09-09-2011, 10:41 AM
I think if the KO goes through the uprights, it should be a field goal. If you got a kicker with a big leg you could just keep getting field goals all night. I think that would make the KO's much more entertaining and you wouldnt have all those pesky 1st to 4th down plays that just cause injuries.

Ravage!!!
09-09-2011, 12:02 PM
I think if the KO goes through the uprights, it should be a field goal. If you got a kicker with a big leg you could just keep getting field goals all night. I think that would make the KO's much more entertaining and you wouldnt have all those pesky 1st to 4th down plays that just cause injuries.

Think how many points you could rack up without the clock even starting!

slim
09-09-2011, 12:03 PM
There were several nice returns last night.

WTF is Randall Cobb?

NightTerror218
09-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Dont worry Prater wont let the ball stay inbounds on KOs.

The Glue Factory
09-09-2011, 01:06 PM

I've lobbied for years that if a KO goes through the uprights the kicking team gets a point and the receiving team get's the usual start at the 20. This way the smallest possible winning score would be 1-0 instead of 2-0. Not to mention it would increase the scoring of kickers. They don't get enough points as it is! :D

dogfish
09-09-2011, 02:44 PM
You do realize that this only promotes the idea of NOT moving the KO so that 90% of the kicks end at the back of the endzone.

The KO is a VERY exciting play, but 90% of them are being kneeled down becuase they receive them at the back. The KOs that you see returned, are after the special teams units have been lulled to sleep by 6 kneels in a row.

So yeah.. there was some exciting returns, which only makes the point that the new KO rules...absolutely SUck balls.

clearly, the irony of your timing has gone right past you. . . .

:D

Ravage!!!
09-09-2011, 04:28 PM
clearly, the irony of your timing has gone right past you. . . .

:D

No. The fact that 8 touchbacks happened proves my point. The KO returns are exciting. The fact that nearly 3-1 are now touchbacks instead of the potential big plays is EXACTLY my point.

The Glue Factory
09-09-2011, 04:45 PM
No. The fact that 8 touchbacks happened proves my point. The KO returns are exciting. The fact that nearly 3-1 are now touchbacks instead of the potential big plays is EXACTLY my point.

Not to mention the radio play-by-play commentator for the Broncos (Dave Logan) has predicted 7 KO returns for the Denver home games. And that was for BOTH teams for 8 games.

CrazyHorse
09-09-2011, 05:10 PM
If my ticket got drawn I wouldn't kneel. I'd try and return it!!!

weazel
09-09-2011, 05:16 PM

damn straight

Ziggy
09-09-2011, 05:57 PM
There were several nice returns last night.

WTF is Randall Cobb?

Another Ted Thompson draft steal. That guy is lightning in a bottle. The Packers just keep building through the draft. I'm glad our FO is taking the same approach.

Ravage!!!
09-09-2011, 10:05 PM

:lol: hahaha.... I just got the funniest image in my head of that happening.. ahahaah :laugh:

CrazyHorse
09-15-2011, 08:38 AM
:lol: hahaha.... I just got the funniest image in my head of that happening.. ahahaah :laugh:

Why? I have the body of Darren Sproles. Just without the strength and speed.:laugh:

Ravage!!!
09-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Why? I have the body of Darren Sproles. Just without the strength and speed.:laugh:

Exactly!