PDA

View Full Version : Salute Coming back?

Nick
09-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Didn't see posted. I saw Willis McGahee mentioning today how he doesn't just want to re-establish Denver's running game, but bring back tradition.

He said, "We've got to bring back the Salute, We have to represent for the running backs, Terrell Davis and those boys. When those guys were there we knew Denver was coming in and running the ball. That's got to be our mindset -- running the ball against whoever, whenever, whatever they put up. We're ready."

I am excited to have him. :elefant:

SR
09-08-2011, 10:13 PM
I'd like to see it again. Hillis did it.

Northman
09-08-2011, 10:18 PM
McGahee is da man.

Nick
09-08-2011, 10:20 PM

I remember. Hopefully it sticks with other players.

I miss Hillis, I was really high on him in college and draft as a hybrid FB. Was stoked when we grabbed him. McD should never be aloud to step a foot in Colorado.

I hope the rams come to Colorado next year and he is still coordinator... :tsk: Man those signs and chants would be priceless.

TaylorK47
09-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Denver needs to bring some tradition back the orange jersys and the salute are a good start

DenBronx
09-09-2011, 02:09 AM
There's always a few Bronco fans that whine about us bringing it back.

blah blah blah blah....im a dirty slut.

it needs to come back....miss it...hillis was a fan favorite partly because of that. i think mcgahee gets it and will honor the fans by saluting us. hope it comes back in a big way. :salute:

Shananahan
09-09-2011, 03:36 AM
Everybody wants to live in the glory days.

The salute was great, and I'd be happy to see it return, but I'll settle for them just rushing for more touchdowns. Run the ball into the endzone and then do whatever the hell you damn well please.

threefolddead
09-09-2011, 04:44 AM
If bringing back the salute means runnin some Ds over, gettin points on the board, and not throwing 100 times a game then count me in.

Buff
09-09-2011, 08:33 AM
The Mile High Salute is and always will be TD's celebration. The new guys need to come up with their own celebration IMO.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-09-2011, 08:40 AM

I was so disappointed when Hillis didn't do it in 10'. He just walked off the field after his short yardage TD looking dejected. That was the first sign to me that something wasn't right with Hillis and the coaching staff.

The fans will go wild if McGahee does it. Hopefully he doesn't do it left handed like TD did. :laugh:

The Glue Factory
09-09-2011, 08:44 AM
the mile high salute is and always will be td's celebration. The new guys need to come up with their own celebration imo.

qft

BroncoJoe
09-09-2011, 08:46 AM
No way, Buff. It's a Denver tradition started by TD. Just like the Lambeau leap in Green Bay, it represents the Broncos, not an individual, but certainly honors those who made it famous.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-09-2011, 08:52 AM
No way, Buff. It's a Denver tradition started by TD. Just like the Lambeau leap in Green Bay, it represents the Broncos, not an individual, but certainly honors those who made it famous.

I agree completely. It's a tradition that honors the armed forces. It was special when Mike Anderson did it too.

Jsteve01
09-09-2011, 08:58 AM
yup, and hearing him mention TD is all he needed to do for me to sign off.

BroncoNut
09-09-2011, 09:13 AM
let's concentrate on bringing back the running game first

Buff
09-09-2011, 09:18 AM

I can live without both the MHS and the In-Com-Plete chant.

Northman
09-09-2011, 10:20 AM

Indeed.

It wasnt only TD that did it during that time. Heck, it wasnt even supposed to be MHS initially.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Off subject - but - the NFL has an excessive celebration rule - why does the Lambeau leap not fall within that? I am not stating that it should not be allowed, in fact, within reason, I see nothing wrong with celebration after a TD, but since other players have been flagged for excessive celebration, I was just wondering why the Lambeau leap is ok, but other things are not.

weazel
09-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Id just like to see a running back run with some authority and make it into the end zone once in a while. I dont care if he salutes his teammates or wipes his ass, just get the damn ball into the end zone.

Northman
09-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Off subject - but - the NFL has an excessive celebration rule - why does the Lambeau leap not fall within that? I am not stating that it should not be allowed, in fact, within reason, I see nothing wrong with celebration after a TD, but since other players have been flagged for excessive celebration, I was just wondering why the Lambeau leap is ok, but other things are not.

To be honest i have yet to see any celebration be flagged this year. Granted, most of what we've seen is one legit game and a bunch of preseason games but i havent seen anything get flagged yet.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-09-2011, 10:48 AM

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j232/shaonshamsul11/Gifs%20Part%202/huh.gif

Denver Native (Carol)
09-09-2011, 10:51 AM
To be honest i have yet to see any celebration be flagged this year. Granted, most of what we've seen is one legit game and a bunch of preseason games but i havent seen anything get flagged yet.

No, I am not talking about this year only, but players have been flagged in previous years for excessive celebration - and I am just wondering why the Lambeau leap does not fall under excessive celebration. I'm just curious.

Northman
09-09-2011, 10:55 AM
No, I am not talking about this year only, but players have been flagged in previous years for excessive celebration - and I am just wondering why the Lambeau leap does not fall under excessive celebration. I'm just curious.

Yea, not sure. Im guessing they just dont see it as excessive. Or the fact that the Leap is more of a fan participation type of celebration as opposed to one player breaking out sharpies or cell phones.

BroncoNut
09-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Id just like to see a running back run with some authority and make it into the end zone once in a while. I dont care if he salutes his teammates or wipes his ass, just get the damn ball into the end zone.

I'm with you weazel. need a running game everywhere on the field. and bad.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-09-2011, 11:12 AM

Probably tradition, nothing more. You'd have pissed off Packers' fans if they flagged it. It does violate the rules about "group" celebration but they overlook it.

I don't have any problem with it. I enjoy watching guys celebrate, especially with their fans, when they score.

NightTerror218
09-09-2011, 02:44 PM
I tweeted McGahee to bring it back Monday Night.....hope he hears me

dogfish
09-09-2011, 02:51 PM

because it doesn't violate any of the tennants of the rule, probably. . . the rule prohibits specific acts like going to the ground and using foreign objects-- there obviously isn't anything about jumping into the crowd in the rule, or they would enforce it. . . .

dogfish
09-09-2011, 02:52 PM
It does violate the rules about "group" celebration but they overlook it.

the rule only pertains to players-- they can't regulate against fans celebrating. . . .

weazel
09-09-2011, 03:21 PM
the rule only pertains to players-- they can't regulate against fans celebrating. . . .

although I could see the no fun league start giving teams penalties for their fans cheering too loud! :elefant:

BroncoNut
09-09-2011, 03:53 PM

because it is not a so much in your face type of celebration I am sure is the reason

DenBronx
09-09-2011, 08:57 PM
The whole team was doing the MHS.....not just TD.

Reidman
09-09-2011, 09:30 PM
I'd love to see the salute and I'm not quite sure why it ever went away..

I could also see McGahee being our starting running back after a few weeks and it wouldn't hurt my feelings any..:salute:

Dzone
09-09-2011, 10:09 PM

I hate the incomplete chant. The only thing worse in the NFL is that stupid viking horn in Minnesota after every damn play that they make 2 yards or more.
I would love to see the in-com-plete chant go away. Its annoying and sounds juvenile.
:salute:

Lancane
09-10-2011, 12:17 AM
The Mile High Salute is far better then the 'You Can't See Me' shit Lloyd and Gaffney did last year. But I agree with the Incomplete chant it sort of is immature, hell...people barely do the wave anymore because it's sort of juvenile.

BroncoJoe
09-11-2011, 09:51 AM
You guys are nuts. The incomplete chant is awesome.

nflfan
09-12-2011, 07:33 AM
The salute won't fit with the broncos' image as the patriots of the afc west; that was the goal, right?

I kid. :D Glad to see someone trying to bring back the broncos forgotten identity.