PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Thomas to Receive Community Leadership Award from FBI

topscribe
12-06-2008, 02:24 AM
In many ways, this is the best award any of them have received . . .

Thomas to Receive FBI Award

Denver Broncos defensive tackle Marcus Thomas will receive a Federal Bureau
of Investigation community leadership award for exceptional service in the
public interest on Monday in a ceremony at the state capital in Denver, it was
announced on Friday.

Thomas helped fund the purchase of 56,000 child identification kits for
kindergarten students in the state of Colorado as part of the National Child
Identification Program. These kits will be used to assist parents, school
officials and law enforcement in locating missing children.

Thomas also will receive an FBI Field Office Award for child safety in
recognition of his efforts.

The ceremony will take place at 11 a.m. Monday with Colorado Governor Bill
Ritter Jr. and Special Agent James H. Davis presenting Thomas with his award.

We will be there to cover the event on Monday, and Broncos TV will provide
video coverage as well.

– Adam Zinser, DenverBroncos.com

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2008/12/05/thomas-to-receive-fbi-award/

-----

LordTrychon
12-06-2008, 02:42 AM
That's awesome! :salute:

JKcatch724
12-06-2008, 04:06 AM
Well thats a hell of a 180. Good for him!

Dean
12-06-2008, 09:13 AM
I'm impressed and that doesn't often occur. :salute:

Dreadnought
12-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Shanny said when they drafted him that he was basically a good kid who got caught up in some stupid stuff. I'll admit I was pretty skeptical, because thats pretty much the same line you hear about every nitwit that comes out of college, from Randy Moss to Maurice Clarett. Maybe its actually true here. Here's hoping! Certainly Thomas has been a good citizen so far.

pnbronco
12-06-2008, 12:21 PM
I am so glad to read this. I'm really glad that Marcus is working so hard in the community. Since this is the first time we are hearing about it, it's means he has been doing it because he cares and not to change his image, very, very cool....

Scarface
12-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Impressive!

BroncoWave
12-06-2008, 12:42 PM
I didn't think he was a bad guy in the first place. So he smoked pot in college. BFD.

G_Money
12-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Too bad Marcus doesn't weigh more. Then he could have provided even more community leadership.

Congrats to the kid for stepping up and recognizing he's in a position to make a difference if he doesn't screw it up.

If we can keep him outta his home town he seems like he's well on his way. He's not yet the force I was hoping he would be, but he certainly is holding his own on the field while he gets better, and off the field he seems to be making strides as well.

I'm really glad to hear that.

I much prefer my players be in the mold of John Lynch than Clarence Kay.

Keep on keepin on, Marcus. :salute:

~G

G_Money
12-06-2008, 12:51 PM
I didn't think he was a bad guy in the first place. So he smoked pot in college. BFD.

Marcus was never really in trouble with the law that I remember. He smoked pot, then he smoked it again after he was caught, then he broke curfew and skipped rehab classes to go see his GF, then he got kicked off the team.

Then last summer he was involved in that ride with a friend that turned into a drugs issue.

Marcus doesn't seem to be a bad guy at all, but he was having decision-making problems that were putting him in bad places at the wrong times, especially when listened to people at Florida about who his hometown friends were and what they were into.

One of the problems with success is that it makes it hard for you to stay around people who are either jealous of or want to actively sabotage your success. The more you're around them, the more trouble flocks to you.

Marcus seems to have learned that, and is well on his way to being a success on and off the field.

That's just a good lesson to learn early. Some guys never learn it.

~G

claymore
12-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Marcus was never really in trouble with the law that I remember. He smoked pot, then he smoked it again after he was caught, then he broke curfew and skipped rehab classes to go see his GF, then he got kicked off the team.

Then last summer he was involved in that ride with a friend that turned into a drugs issue.

Marcus doesn't seem to be a bad guy at all, but he was having decision-making problems that were putting him in bad places at the wrong times, especially when listened to people at Florida about who his hometown friends were and what they were into.

One of the problems with success is that it makes it hard for you to stay around people who are either jealous of or want to actively sabotage your success. The more you're around them, the more trouble flocks to you.

Marcus seems to have learned that, and is well on his way to being a success on and off the field.

That's just a good lesson to learn early. Some guys never learn it.

~G

Im a loser and I run into this all the time.

Bronco Bible
12-06-2008, 06:21 PM
In many ways, this is the best award any of them have received . . .

Thomas to Receive FBI Award

Denver Broncos defensive tackle Marcus Thomas will receive a Federal Bureau
of Investigation community leadership award for exceptional service in the
public interest on Monday in a ceremony at the state capital in Denver, it was
announced on Friday.

Thomas helped fund the purchase of 56,000 child identification kits for
kindergarten students in the state of Colorado as part of the National Child
Identification Program. These kits will be used to assist parents, school
officials and law enforcement in locating missing children.

Thomas also will receive an FBI Field Office Award for child safety in
recognition of his efforts.

The ceremony will take place at 11 a.m. Monday with Colorado Governor Bill
Ritter Jr. and Special Agent James H. Davis presenting Thomas with his award.

We will be there to cover the event on Monday, and Broncos TV will provide
video coverage as well.

– Adam Zinser, DenverBroncos.com

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2008/12/05/thomas-to-receive-fbi-award/

-----

A true Denver Bronco:salute:the way a young person should act especially when he is given the privilege of playing in the NFL.

Superchop 7
12-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Very proud of you Marcus,

That is truly outstanding.

dogfish
12-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Im a loser and I run into this all the time.

you stay away from marcus thomas!