PDA

View Full Version : Bailey a game-time decision for Chiefs

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2008, 05:43 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8899894/Bailey-a-game-time-decision-for-Chiefs?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162ATT=5

Bailey a game-time decision for Chiefs

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) - The Denver Broncos honored cornerback Champ Bailey as their man of the year Friday. They hope he can be man of the day Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Bailey's teammates selected him their 2008 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year, and they wouldn't mind if he celebrated by suiting up against the Chiefs. Bailey has missed five games with a groin injury and is a game-time decision for Sunday.

"I think I've progressed, but the thing is it's moving so slow. It's very frustrating but I've got to deal with it as it is," Bailey said.

Bailey suffered a slight groin tear in the Broncos' 41-7 loss at New England Oct. 20. Coming into this season, Bailey had not missed more than two consecutive games in his nine-year career.

Linebacker D.J. Williams, who sprained his left knee against Miami on Nov. 6, is doubtful for Sunday.

Williams practiced this week, but like Bailey, his activity was limited Thursday and Friday.

Middle linebacker Nate Webster, who missed the last four games with a sprained MCL in his left knee, practiced this week and is listed as probable.

MHCBill
12-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Champ and DJ ain't playin'...

shank
12-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Champ and DJ ain't playin'...

disappointing, cause champ said that he was going to play earlier this week. said he wanted to be on the field when we clinch the division.

oh well, better to not rush him back before the playoffs.

Magnificent Seven
12-05-2008, 09:03 PM
In my own opinion, I think they should stay on the sideline and rest for another week. Be prepared for this big game against the Panthers on Dec. 14th.

They better put Jack Williams or Josh Barrett on this Sunday against the Chiefs.

G_Money
12-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Barrett should play against the Chiefs. A LOT. He's just got loads more talent than any other safety on the roster. With him playing as agressively and confidently as he was in his brief duty I certainly want to see more. He's a very smart kid, very heady. And he's got a body like Hercules. He'd BETTER get to play a ton.

Jack Williams just needs to get better. How can only get on the field for a handful of plays every game? Bell is kicking his ass, and Paymah is dogfighting him for the nickel. Jack was supposed to be better than that.

Still, he's been getting on the field more and more. But when Champ comes back, Bell will be the nickel and Jack will be in a dogfight for the dime. That's not a good position to be me.

If we're gonna ditch Bly in the offseason, Bell or Williams has to step up. Bell has. For a guy who doesn't possess elite speed he sure does play well enough to deserve a roster spot.

Jack needs to go out and figure out how to reclaim the MF in the middle of JMFW. A DC that lets him play aggressively would help, but I want Jack not to need help.

He cost me Tashard Choice, who is now probably gonna start for the Cowboys against the Steelers. I definitely want him to make it worth our while to have picked him over Choice.

Get a move on, Jack.

~G

TXBRONC
12-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Man it sure would be nice to get Champ back for this game.

Superchop 7
12-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Play him in the 2nd half if we need him.

OOOOPS......forgot.

Webster is playing.

Better play him the whole game.

Nomad
12-06-2008, 07:00 AM
What difference would Champ make? He played when the Chiefs slapped us around like little sissy boys at Arrowhead. Let him heal and hopefully he'll be back for the SD game and next year. These young guys are doing a fine job and hopefully LJ, or whoever the RB is, doesn't run it down our throats again. I believe this is a swing game because if somehow the BRONCOS lose, it'll take away the confidence and momentum and Car, Buff, and SD will be no cake walk. I hope these players and coaches come to play Sunday because there would be a great pleasure for the Chiefs to be spoilers. I see this game being close!!

Lonestar
12-06-2008, 01:07 PM
could be a long game with both bowe and TG having a good game against our Pass defense

I doubt that LJ will be a big factor in the game IF we can get up by a couple of TD's early he may be a NON factor..

The key is playing like the old Mile High not the new one.