PDA

View Full Version : Rivers vs Cutler ranked #3 on the bad blood top 5.

LoyalSoldier
12-05-2008, 01:46 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-badblood120408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

It certainly adds to the league’s drama factor when two of the NFL’s best young quarterbacks are in a snit with each other. A dust-up that goes back to late 2007, when Rivers was caught by television cameras pointedly celebrating a failed Broncos fourth-down attempt, and directing some taunts in Cutler’s direction.
A Chargers source pins the blame on Cutler, saying the Denver quarterback’s personality rubs Rivers the wrong way. The source also pointed to some of Cutler’s in-game gestures as the reason for the friction.
“Cutler is the one who was grabbing his crotch [last season] and saying stuff to Philip in the first place,” the source said. “He started the whole thing.”
Whoever is to blame, the brewing animosity isn’t going to subside soon.
“I’ll be honest about it – I don’t like him,” Cutler said. “He’s playing really good football right now, but I have no desire to be his friend.
“There was no reason for it, to come out on the field and attack me and say some of the things he did. Then he continued it when he went to Indy and was [shouting] at the fans. There have just been different instances of him going out of his way to say something to somebody else. It looks bad. I get riled up out there and I go after some guys and talk to other guys, but the way he does it, I just don’t have a lot of respect for it. He has gone out of his way to come out onto the field and say something to me. I think it’s personal.”

GEM
12-05-2008, 01:51 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-badblood120408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Love the spin in there from the SD source. :rolleyes:

Eh, it should make the meetings between the 2 fantastic for years to come. :salute:

underrated29
12-05-2008, 01:58 PM
I would love to see them both in the probowl and the nfl qb skills competition and watch Jay just throw strike after strike, while phils egg head is struggling to get his sidearmed throws to hit the wr.

Lonestar
12-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Who cares? Rivers is married already..

Both are talented QB's and it should be an interesting final game of the year.. especially if it comes down to who wins goes to the play offs.

And if we have already wrapped it up I see them going for the throat and act as spoilers..

a real blood bath IMO...

The next few years will be interesting..

I wonder what happens when both are in the pro bowl think they will be roommates?

Lonestar
12-05-2008, 02:02 PM
I would love to see them both in the probowl and the nfl qb skills competition and watch Jay just throw strike after strike, while phils egg head is struggling to get his sidearmed throws to hit the wr.

they are both talented QB's and IIRC rivers has more TD's than Jay as we speak.. has a much higher QB rating and fewer picks than Jay..

MOtorboat
12-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Rivers is married already..

:confused:

Northman
12-05-2008, 02:07 PM
And if we have already wrapped it up I see them going for the throat and act as spoilers..

If we have it wrapped up i see us sitting players due to all the injuries we have. Lord knows we could use another bye.

Lonestar
12-05-2008, 02:08 PM
If we have it wrapped up i see us sitting players due to all the injuries we have. Lord knows we could use another bye.

our next bye will be after the first playoff game.. :laugh:

Dreadnought
12-05-2008, 04:42 PM
our next bye will be after the first playoff game.. :laugh:

Oh Ye of little faith....

topscribe
12-05-2008, 04:55 PM
From what I've seen of Cutler, the "source" with the Chargers is a liar.

It's amazing what people will say when they will not be identified . . . :coffee:

-----

Requiem / The Dagda
12-05-2008, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't put it past Jay to do something like that considering how much of a baby he can be when we lose.

GEM
12-05-2008, 05:14 PM
I wouldn't put it past Jay to do something like that considering how much of a baby he can be when we lose.

Look at Phyllis when they lose. :coffee:

Jay rolls his eyes at a new conference.

Phyllis stomps his feet and screams at the refs as if he were 3 years old and his mother took away his Tonka truck.

topscribe
12-05-2008, 05:19 PM

Phyllis stomps his feet and screams at the refs as if he were 3 years old and his mother took away his Tonka truck.

. . . and I have yet to see Cutler crab his crotch.

Mtnman, you attend all the Broncos home games, and you sit right behind the
Broncos bench, as I understand. Have you ever seen Cutler grab his crotch at
other players?

-----

JKcatch724
12-05-2008, 05:24 PM

I was damn near giddy when I watched Phyllis explode on the refs during the Atlanta game.... Now I know why all their fans think it's all the refs fault. They follow their leader. LMAO.

Seriously though... I thought it was gonna be seizure time for a second there. :shocked:

JKcatch724
12-05-2008, 05:25 PM
. . . and I have yet to see Cutler crab his crotch.

Mtnman, you attend all the Broncos home games, and you sit right behind the
Broncos bench, as I understand. Have you ever seen Cutler grab his crotch at
other players?

-----

If Phyllis is mad about that its only because he has nothing to grab.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-05-2008, 05:29 PM

I'm not equating Cutler's antics to Rivers' at all -- but I'm not going to kid myself to believe that Jay wouldn't ever do such a thing.

JKcatch724
12-05-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm not equating Cutler's antics to Rivers' at all -- but I'm not going to kid myself to believe that Jay wouldn't ever do such a thing.

Oh fuh sho he would. But that's what makes it so entertaining.

topscribe
12-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Oh fuh sho he would. But that's what makes it so entertaining.

Well you see, that's how some people can twist around a topic (not you, JK).
Last I looked, the topic wasn't whether Cutler "would ever do" such a thing.
The topic is whether he did. It's easy to ramble about how a player acted this
or that way without specific examples, then use it by implication as "evidence"
that he acted a certain way.

Since I don't have a man-crush on Phyllis, I can see where his conduct was
recorded for all to see, and none was recorded of Cutler. So I'm not going to
ass*u*me that Cutler did it based on "I'm sure he would."

-----

Northman
12-05-2008, 06:03 PM
All i know is it was Rivers who was caught on camera not once, not twice, but 3 times behaving badly against rival players and fans and even his own team. Now, if the article maker has any evidence to substaniate his claim that Jay was crotch grabbing then by all means let him post it. Until then i will continue to view Phil as the instigator in all of this. His history of antics supports any arguement that he is the culprit.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-05-2008, 06:08 PM
The topic is whether he did.

And I'm saying I wouldn't put it past him.

It's easy to ramble about how a player acted this or that way without specific examples, then use it by implication as "evidence" that he acted a certain way.

I didn't do that. Nice try.

So I'm not going to ass*u*me that Cutler did it based on "I'm sure he would."

Sparrows can dodge arrows, never double barrels.

JKcatch724
12-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Well you see, that's how some people can twist around a topic (not you, JK).
Last I looked, the topic wasn't whether Cutler "would ever do" such a thing.
The topic is whether he did. It's easy to ramble about how a player acted this
or that way without specific examples, then use it by implication as "evidence"
that he acted a certain way.

Since I don't have a man-crush on Phyllis, I can see where his conduct was
recorded for all to see, and none was recorded of Cutler. So I'm not going to
ass*u*me that Cutler did it based on "I'm sure he would."

-----

Agreed. I'm sure, based on Rivers' previous antics, that it's safer to assume that he was the one who started it.

What I meant was Cutler makes it entertaining because he doesn't sit back and take it. He's more than happy to give it right back to Phyllis.

Northman
12-05-2008, 06:13 PM
It was funny seeing Jay in the first game against KC shove that LB on his ass after bumping chests with Jay to draw a flag. Ref saw right through that crap. lmao

I can never get enough of it. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf-e9VY8jJE

Dean
12-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Sparrows can dodge arrows, never double barrels.

:crazy: What does this have to do with anything being discussed? This is on a par with your statement about filling a quota.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-05-2008, 06:42 PM
:crazy: What does this have to do with anything being discussed? This is on a par with your statement about filling a quota.

Um, meaning "Anything can happen."

NameUsedBefore
12-05-2008, 06:48 PM
I think I saw Cutler grab his crotch.

Don't care. They're both competitors, but I've never seen Cutler yell at opposing teams fans while he's ahead or go ape shit on a ref like Rivers has done.

TXBRONC
12-05-2008, 07:10 PM

This is retarded. You have nothing to base it on. You don't know the man nor will you ever know him.

Superchop 7
12-05-2008, 11:05 PM
It's karma,

Look at the teams current records.

CrazyHorse
12-06-2008, 12:57 AM
they are both talented QB's and IIRC rivers has more TD's than Jay as we speak.. has a much higher QB rating and fewer picks than Jay..

But Cutler has more wins so far.

Lonestar
12-06-2008, 04:17 AM
But Cutler has more wins so far.

do you realize that SAN has lost 4 games this year in the past few minutes by 3 points or less. most by 1 point..

Yes wins are important but then if that is the only criteria you go by JAKE is a better QB than JAY..

We all know now that this is one of those stats that can be defined as "figures never lie, but liars always figure"..

LordTrychon
12-06-2008, 04:26 AM
do you realize that SAN has lost 4 games this year in the past few minutes by 3 points or less. most by 1 point..

Yes wins are important but then if that is the only criteria you go by JAKE is a better QB than JAY..

We all know now that this is one of those stats that can be defined as "figures never lie, but liars always figure"..

If I'm not mistaken... Rivers threw INTs in the redzone near the end of the game in at least two of those...

So I'd say that his numbers also can be a bit misleading... two way street.

JKcatch724
12-06-2008, 04:49 AM

There's a flaw in your point. A good quarterback would have that team AT LEAST over 500. A loss is a loss. Nobody goes back and looks at how close the loss was. They look back and see a loss.

JAY has OUR team over 500. You know just as well as everybody that Jake is not close to Jay. That doesn't even need an argument.

Has Jay been inconsistent? Sure. But he's got his team in first place.

Go ahead and ask a Charger fan what they think of Phyllis' performance this year.

Lonestar
12-06-2008, 11:36 AM
There's a flaw in your point. A good quarterback would have that team AT LEAST over 500. A loss is a loss. Nobody goes back and looks at how close the loss was. They look back and see a loss.

JAY has OUR team over 500. You know just as well as everybody that Jake is not close to Jay. That doesn't even need an argument.

Has Jay been inconsistent? Sure. But he's got his team in first place.

Go ahead and ask a Charger fan what they think of Phyllis' performance this year.

Look folks I'm not obsessed with either QB I have seen both play great game and while I have not seen Rivers play more than minutes of a couple of games his Numbers are as good if not better than Jay's..

I just do not like to see someone hated because he is a rival for nothing other than that..

BTW some DEN fans are not ecstatic about Jay's play either..

frauschieze
12-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Rivers doesn't have the same gunslinger mentality that Cutler does. Those extra risks that Cutler takes that don't work out could easily be the difference in the stats.

BigDaddyBronco
12-06-2008, 01:16 PM
I would rather have bad blood between one of our DE's or DT's and Rivers, but whatever. Rivers is a douche.