PDA

View Full Version : ESPN'S NFL Expert Picks-Week 1

Magnificent Seven
09-07-2011, 03:55 PM
They picked Denver to win over Oakland! :defense:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

I Eat Staples
09-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Shit, now we're definitely going to lose.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2011, 04:26 PM
So, everyone picked the Broncos - except Hoge - which under his name says - "no pick". What the heck is that suppose to mean?????? One of the two teams will win the game :confused:

nevcraw
09-07-2011, 04:28 PM
So, everyone picked the Broncos - except Hoge - which under his name says - "no pick". What the heck is that suppose to mean?????? One of the two teams will win the game :confused:

Because he will be broadcasting it for the Hanoi VC radio and doesn't want to show his bias.

Northman
09-07-2011, 04:31 PM

Im guessing he forgot his tall glass of hatorade. :lol:

UnderArmour
09-07-2011, 04:35 PM
I don't know why we're being picked. Raiders swept our division last year and have a good ground game. I think we'll win because of Doom and the improved secondary but I don't get why the media would pick us after last year.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2011, 04:39 PM
I don't know why we're being picked. Raiders swept our division last year and have a good ground game. I think we'll win because of Doom and the improved secondary but I don't get why the media would pick us after last year.

Well - maybe they also feel we will win with Doom and the improved secondary. I am sure it has not slipped past the media as to how improved our first team defense has been in preseason, how good Von has looked, etc.

underrated29
09-07-2011, 04:44 PM

Hes calling the game so he can not pick.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2011, 04:56 PM

Hoge will be here in Denver :eek: Man, wonder how many will turn down the tv volume, and listen to KOA radio

FanInAZ
09-07-2011, 04:57 PM

Actually, the note at the top of the screen says that Jaws is calling that game therefore not going to give his pick. Nevertheless, it shows that Jaws has also picked the Broncos. I think the person that did the chart inadvertently put Hode's pick for that game in to Jaw's neighboring slot. The bottom line is that they are unanimous in picking the Broncos & OR is going to go ballistic when he finds out.

slim
09-07-2011, 04:58 PM

Seriously?

Man, that sucks. That guy is freaking idiot.

Ravage!!!
09-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Hoge isn't an idiot.

At least I hope not, since he picked the Broncos to win the game.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Actually, the note at the top of the screen says that Jaws is calling that game therefore not going to give his pick. Nevertheless, it shows that Jaws has also picked the Broncos. I think the person that did the chart inadvertently put Hode's pick for that game in to Jaw's neighboring slot. The bottom line is that they are unanimous in picking the Broncos & OR is going to go ballistic when he finds out.

There are two Monday night games, so we do not know which one Jaws will be doing.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-07-2011, 05:31 PM
ESPN play-by-play voice Brad Nessler and NFL studio analyst Trent Dilfer will call the Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos, the second game of ESPN’s season-opening Monday Night Football doubleheader on September 12 at 10:15 p.m. ET (8:15 p.m. MT). Both commentators also worked together a year ago to call the Chargers-Chiefs season-opener.

http://www.mediamarketjournal.com/2011/08/espn-details-raiders-versus-broncos-broadcast-team-for-monday-night-football-september-12/

Magnificent Seven
09-07-2011, 05:33 PM
There are two Monday night games, so we do not know which one Jaws will be doing.

Jaws will be at NE vs. Miami game because he picked Broncos from online. So, Hoge will be at Denver game.

rationalfan
09-07-2011, 05:55 PM
wait, i thought ESPN was biased against the broncos?

HORSEPOWER 56
09-07-2011, 06:00 PM

Probably because the Raiders lost Asomugha combined with the fact that we are playing at home. Really, I think as far as the odds are concerned, it's a push. If we were playing in their **house**, they'd be the pick, IMO.

**EDIT** I meant of course, cell block...

HORSEPOWER 56
09-07-2011, 06:00 PM
wait, i thought ESPN was biased against the broncos?

Nope, just against Tebow.

BroncoJoe
09-07-2011, 06:02 PM
The line started at a push, went to -3 for the Broncos the other day.

Raiders are basically the same team this year - probably worse. New HC and they lost some good talent. We've definitely improved - it's a matter of opinion right now as to how much.

Lancane
09-07-2011, 07:46 PM
The line started at a push, went to -3 for the Broncos the other day.

Raiders are basically the same team this year - probably worse. New HC and they lost some good talent. We've definitely improved - it's a matter of opinion right now as to how much.

Debatable Joe, when you look at Oakland, they have a better head coach IMHO. They've gained more then they lost as well, they're offensive line is looking much, much better with the Veldheer coming into his own and the addition of Wisniewski this year. They added Derek Hagan who has been one of the hottest wide receivers of the pre-season, so he may finally live up to his potential under Jackson not to mention that they have some potential in Heyward-Bey and Ford if either one has a breakout season, and they still have a rather solid running back stable.

Defensively, yeah they lost a good defensive back...but Houston is entering his second season, Shaughnessy has steadily improved and their interior is better then ours with Kelly and Seymour. Groves, McClain and Wimbley have given them a rather solid linebacker corps. Routt after being dismal returned to the starting lineup and became a pretty good corner for them, Johnson isn't all that good...so they're weak in the defensive backfield, Branch is not a bad safety and if Huff is pretty solid himself. If the defense can overcome the weakness in the defensive backfield and play similar to last year and their offense improves, they'll not be a team to take lightly. On paper they have more talent then we do, so I'd be careful about predicting them as worse at this point!

TXBRONC
09-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Debatable Joe, when you look at Oakland, they have a better head coach IMHO. They've gained more then they lost as well, they're offensive line is looking much, much better with the Veldheer coming into his own and the addition of Wisniewski this year. They added Derek Hagan who has been one of the hottest wide receivers of the pre-season, so he may finally live up to his potential under Jackson not to mention that they have some potential in Heyward-Bey and Ford if either one has a breakout season, and they still have a rather solid running back stable.

Defensively, yeah they lost a good defensive back...but Houston is entering his second season, Shaughnessy has steadily improved and their interior is better then ours with Kelly and Seymour. Groves, McClain and Wimbley have given them a rather solid linebacker corps. Routt after being dismal returned to the starting lineup and became a pretty good corner for them, Johnson isn't all that good...so they're weak in the defensive backfield, Branch is not a bad safety and if Huff is pretty solid himself. If the defense can overcome the weakness in the defensive backfield and play similar to last year and their offense improves, they'll not be a team to take lightly. On paper they have more talent then we do, so I'd be careful about predicting them as worse at this point!

All due respect Lancane I'm sure how the Raiders head coach is better than Fox when he's never been a head coach at this level. He may very well prove to be but I don't think he is there just yet. The biggest advantage Raiders have right now they can run ball and it's hard to say right now if we will better at defending it. If we can I don't think Campbell and his receiving corps can carry their offense.

They do have a good defense so I will be interested to see what our offense can do against it.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lancane
09-07-2011, 09:21 PM
All due respect Lancane I'm sure how the Raiders head coach is better than Fox when he's never been a head coach at this level. He may very well prove to be but I don't think he is there just yet. The biggest advantage Raiders have right now they can run ball and it's hard to say right now if we will better at defending it. If we can I don't think Campbell and his receiving corps can carry their offense.

They do have a good defense so I will be interested to see what our offense can do against it.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I never said he was better then Fox, but he is better then Cable IMHO, and it's not like they changed, he was their offensive coordinator and the rest of the staff is pretty much the same, they didn't instill a new offense and defense, if he was a coach that came in and changed all the schemes and whatnot then I would agree. If any team takes Oakland lightly they'll be paying the price, I could be wrong...but besides losing one defensive back they look to be better!

TXBRONC
09-07-2011, 10:23 PM
I never said he was better then Fox, but he is better then Cable IMHO, and it's not like they changed, he was their offensive coordinator and the rest of the staff is pretty much the same, they didn't instill a new offense and defense, if he was a coach that came in and changed all the schemes and whatnot then I would agree. If any team takes Oakland lightly they'll be paying the price, I could be wrong...but besides losing one defensive back they look to be better!

My apologies I guess I read it wrong. I agree having the same scheme and consistancy in the coaching staff should be a big plus for them. They have less question marks than we do but nonetheless they do so big question marks. I think their biggest weakness is Campbell and the receiving corps. Losing Zach Miller was huge and if they can't find a way to replace him then I think there is a good chance they will struggle.

OaklandRaider
09-07-2011, 10:52 PM
It's a little surprising to me that they all picked Denver to win, especially when you consider just how badly the Raiders beat the Broncos in both matchups last year (98-37). I know that last year is last year, but the Raiders are returning the majority of their starters.

We'll see though. Monday Night can't get here fast enough!:D Should be a good game!

MOtorboat
09-08-2011, 08:01 AM
Oh man, Hoge is announcing the game?

Awkward.

:laugh:

HORSEPOWER 56
09-08-2011, 08:12 AM
I find it funny that everyone picked the Sparklers. Don't they know that's a wasted pick until October? :D

battherastard
09-08-2011, 11:44 PM
It's a little surprising to me that they all picked Denver to win, especially when you consider just how badly the Raiders beat the Broncos in both matchups last year (98-37). I know that last year is last year, but the Raiders are returning the majority of their starters.

We'll see though. Monday Night can't get here fast enough!:D Should be a good game!

Seeming as though you lost two of your best players Zach and Nnamdi and we gained a competent coach and a d-end with 17 sacks the last season he played, it's gonna be a hell of a lot closer than 59-14.

LEGIONofDUME
09-09-2011, 01:11 PM
We'll win if we stop the inside run. 3rd and medium will be hard against this pass built defense. Gameplan- let bailey do his thing. rotate zone help to the other side. bring 5 everydown. plug the middle, and let the outside rushers do their thing. We win games if we do this on DDDDDDDD. offense will be fine. Orton is our Qb.. knowshon will get his hundred... and the screen pass will kill the raiders. prediction- 27-10.

BroncoStud
09-09-2011, 02:18 PM

Awkward.

Yeah it will be interesting when they put the cameras on Tebow what Hoge has to say. You know it's going to come up.

NightTerror218
09-09-2011, 02:29 PM
just tweeted to Magahee to bring back the Mile High Salute on Monday Night......that would be awesome.

slim
09-09-2011, 02:32 PM

Awkward.

This is the second time I have heard this. Please tell me you are joking.

Thnikkaman
09-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Anyone subscribe to CHFF premium? I'm interested in who they picked for this game.