PDA

View Full Version : Entire team killed in a plane crash

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
09-07-2011, 11:31 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14822582 :(

Northman
09-07-2011, 11:33 AM
That really blows, reminds me of Marshall college.

underrated29
09-07-2011, 11:40 AM
so sad.,...

A couple of these guys were former avs players too....skrastins and ruslan....But almost all of them were in the nhl at one time. So so so very sad.

What a terrible day for hockey fans and anyone who knew these guys.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
09-07-2011, 11:42 AM

Unfortunately it's happened a few times throughout sports history. Including 8 players from my team in 1958.

weazel
09-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Brad McCrimmon, Pavol Demitra...

wow, just horrible.

Looks as though they the plane was overweight and it was having trouble getting up in the air, clipped a tower and went down.

MOtorboat
09-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Wow. That's just astounding and sad.

This has not been a good summer for hockey.

MileHighCrew
09-07-2011, 12:11 PM
As Mo said it has been a tragic summer for hockey. What a sad day RIP

MileHighCrew
09-07-2011, 12:15 PM
http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/2011/9/7/lokomotiv_34374.jpg

RIP

BroncoNut
09-07-2011, 12:31 PM
terrible, RIP.

wasnt' there a thread on a hockey player's suicide not too long ago?

MileHighCrew
09-07-2011, 05:37 PM
terrible, RIP.

wasnt' there a thread on a hockey player's suicide not too long ago?

3 this summer and add this. Tragic summer for hockey

BroncoJoe
09-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Very sad event. Prayers to friends and family.

BeefStew25
09-07-2011, 07:13 PM
That plane is a pile of shit.

SR
09-07-2011, 07:48 PM
so sad.,...

A couple of these guys were former avs players too....skrastins and ruslan....But almost all of them were in the nhl at one time. So so so very sad.

Demitra also had a short stint with the Avs.

Very sad news. Stuff like this doesn't typically upset me too much despite how unfortunate and saddening it can be, but this got to me.

underrated29
09-07-2011, 10:22 PM

Don't they call that a yack?

I asked a few people who I work with, they said they'd never ever fly with that

weazel
09-08-2011, 10:57 AM

that model can't even fly out or Russia, its banned in the rest of Europe

pnbronco
09-09-2011, 10:18 PM
so sad.,...

I can't believe this happened. A friend left a message if I could go to the memorial tomorrow and had to call to ask what happened. I had not heard about any of this before tonight. It's like a punch in the stomach. I'm so sad, both Ruslan and Karlis were just super nice men with young children. My prayers go out to their family and friends.

I'm in Madison, WI and the only thing on the news has been about the Packers. I just can't believe how sad this makes me and I'm crying in the lobby of my hotel because I can't get internet in my room. So better head back so I can cry with some dignity......

underrated29
09-09-2011, 10:43 PM
I can't believe this happened. A friend left a message if I could go to the memorial tomorrow and had to call to ask what happened. I had not heard about any of this before tonight. It's like a punch in the stomach. I'm so sad, both Ruslan and Karlis were just super nice men with young children. My prayers go out to their family and friends.

I'm in Madison, WI and the only thing on the news has been about the Packers. I just can't believe how sad this makes me and I'm crying in the lobby of my hotel because I can't get internet in my room. So better head back so I can cry with some dignity......

You rock P...

You remind me of the movie "forgetting sarah marshall"--If you have not seen the movie, its funny. You should.

Anyway- after his girlfriend/fiance leaves him for another man, he shows up in hawaii at the same hotel she is at, like the day after she breaks up with him. The front office calls up to his room and says "is everything ok? We got complaints about an old woman howling and crying." To which he replies, "yeah I heard that, I think its the lady upstairs." She says "but you are on the top floor".....He finishes with " I will try and keep it down"

So you going up to your room reminded me of that movie.

Nomad
09-11-2011, 09:42 PM

Yeah, it reminds me of that incident as well! I never knew about that incident until they made the movie.

pnbronco
09-13-2011, 11:47 PM
Found some tributes and and some pictures:

This one is a tribute to Salei
http://video.redwings.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=-6&id=122556

These really got to me, they are is photos from Yaroslawl (the last one shows wife the wife of Karlis Skrastinsh mourning beside his photo.

http://www.hotice.ru/events/photo/12634/?SECTION_ID=

Another tribute:

http://video.redwings.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=-6&id=122556

Medford Bronco
09-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Sad sad day. May they all RIP